PDA

View Full Version : TAMU-CC Represent

Destro
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
We made it to the Tournament last year and this year we are looking great (Mens Bb). Go Islanders:lobt2:

lebomb
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
We made it to the Tournament last year and this year we are looking great (Mens Bb). Go Islanders:lobt2:

Since conference play started TAMCC does look pretty darn good. Props out my man.

Dr. Gonzo
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Class of 03 here.

Izzy is a badass. The Islanders look good this year. Hopefully they can keep it up even though their D isn't very good.

The basketball program is doing great. They have only been in conference for 4 years and already have 1 tournament visit under their belt.

lebomb
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
They have only been in conference for 4 years and already have 1 tournament visit under their belt.

Utsa has been a total of 4 times. 2 times in the SLC. :hat

GOUTSA
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM

You're a year late with your post. You guys went to the tourney two years ago.

Destro
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
You're a year late with your post. You guys went to the tourney two years ago.

Ha hA, you are right, I"m getting old, all the years are becoming the same. Thanks for the correction

Roadies4life
02-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Islanders suck! Runners Rule!!!!!!!!

Roadrunners
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
roadies seriously chill out.

GOUTSA
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I can't wait to see UTSA v. TAMU-CC duce, its going to be awesome

redraiderinfiji
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
roadies seriously chill out.

Whats not debatable is the fact that Roadies4life has absolutely no sex life. This is easily noticed in how he spends his free time. His latest freshman hobby seems to be stalking others / making empty threats to people who are working. Most freshman spend their time chasing ass and beer. Since he does nothing of the sort, either he is heavily rejected by women, has no friends, is massively obese, and or is sad because his man hood is under par.

THE KIDD
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
TAMU-CC is the shit. My friend went there and had a great time. Go Islanders.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Seriously, how can you not enjoy a mascot like this?

http://www.tamucc.onlinecommunity.com/images/izzy.jpg

That shit is so ridiculous it's fucking brilliant.

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 08:51 AM
what i want to know is how this school gets recruits from chicago? there are 4 players from chicago and only 2 of them are jucos...and when i ask how, i really mean how much do u pay because the beach is nice, but it ain't that nice.

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 08:51 AM
and what's up with being called islanders

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 09:25 AM
what i want to know is how this school gets recruits from chicago? there are 4 players from chicago and only 2 of them are jucos...and when i ask how, i really mean how much do u pay because the beach is nice, but it ain't that nice.

That's just called good recruiting.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 09:25 AM
and what's up with being called islanders

The university is on Ward Island.

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
That's just called good recruiting.

:rolleyes

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 09:38 AM
The university is on Ward Island.

but isn't is in corpus christi bay, isn't a penisula a more accurate description

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
but isn't is in corpus christi bay, isn't a penisula a more accurate description

An island is a land mass surrounded by water. Any water regardless of whether it's a bay or ocean. A peninsula is a piece of land with 3 sides of it surrounded by water.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
:rolleyes

Is it that shocking to you that the Chicago boys that are tearing up the SLC chose to go to TAMUCC rather than UTSA?

lebomb
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Is it that shocking to you that the Chicago boys that are tearing up the SLC chose to go to TAMUCC rather than UTSA?

I dont think Utsa recruits that far north. Also, it aint over yet. :ihit

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
You would think that after having a program for 20+ years they would be able to recruit nationwide by now.

You guys keep saying that they will be recruiting nationwide by year 5 of the football program but if they can't even do it for basketball after a couple of decades...lmao

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
An island is a land mass surrounded by water. Any water regardless of whether it's a bay or ocean. A peninsula is a piece of land with 3 sides of it surrounded by water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island
An island (IPA: /ˈaɪlənd/) or isle (/ˈaɪl/) is any piece of land that is surrounded by water in two dimensions, above high tide, and isolated from other significant landmasses.

although i don't know if the area is "isolated", i guess that technically meets the definition...whatever

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 10:03 AM

:toast to a solid conference run so far...

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Wikipedia is a real reliable source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island)
An island (IPA: /ˈaɪlənd/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)) or isle (/ˈaɪl/) is any piece of land that is surrounded by water.

Check it again.

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM
BUT there are about 7 games left for each team and from 1-6, UTA is only 3 games back in the loss column from A&MCC...anything can happen...although it really doesn't matter cause the tournament is in katy...tourney matchups as it would stand now

1-8 a&mcc vs lamar/se louis/mcneese (3way tie for 7th)
2-7 sfa vs lamar/se louis/mcneese (3way tie for 7th)
3-6 sam hous vs uta
4-5 nicholls vs utsa

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 10:17 AM
I never said it was over. The Islanders are looking good right now and compared to the season they had last year I'm just happy about that. I know the conference tourney is where it's at and I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.

lebomb
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
You would think that after having a program for 20+ years they would be able to recruit nationwide by now.

You guys keep saying that they will be recruiting nationwide by year 5 of the football program but if they can't even do it for basketball after a couple of decades...lmao

I didnt say they recruited locally! :rolleyes Utsa does recruit all over the nation........Gabbidon if from Arizona, Omar is from Philly, Joey Shank is from California, Stepter is from Memphis and Frolich is from Germany/California.

:toast

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Wikipedia is a real reliable source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island)
An island (IPA: /ˈaɪlənd/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)) or isle (/ˈaɪl/) is any piece of land that is surrounded by water.

Check it again.

i guess i was thrown off because the "islander" looks like a native tribal warrior from the place where they film LOST and in fact the campus in on the bay connected by a road that continues to the adjacent naval air station...my bad

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
TamCC is a joke of a school and it's all about UTSA! Go Runners!!!!!!!!!

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
TamCC is a joke of a school and it's all about UTSA! Go Runners!!!!!!!!!

So its ok for you to talk shit about TamCC but when someone talks shit about UTSA you cry and try and get them fired. Your fucking pathetic.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Mr. Keller, please refrain from pointless smack talk.

I should cry to Kori and get this thread stickied on the top of the page and only allow "supporters" to post in it.

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Mr. Keller, please refrain from pointless smack talk.

I should cry to Kori and get this thread stickied on the top of the page and only allow "supporters" to post in it.

I should cry to Kori for the first time to get this guy banned and thats cause Im not even a supporter of this school.

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
A Train shut your trap dude...crying? you also seem to be yet another dumb fuck...damn, this whole board is filling up with them fast. Looks like Steven likes getting sprayed in the face.

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
A Train shut your trap dude...crying? you also seem to be yet another dumb fuck...damn, this whole board is filling up with them fast. Looks like Steven likes getting sprayed in the face.

I would say come make me but you might try to get me fired from my job to for "threatening" you.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM

That sounds like a personal attack. That is unwarranted.

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
That sounds like a personal attack. That is unwarranted.

It does doesnt it...........KORI!!! I am being threatened by Del, I mean Roadies.

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Runners Rule! You two blow....Good day.

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Runners Rule! You two blow....Good day.

uhh ok if you say so. Another personal attack huh? Keep it up im saving the proof of your attacks on me.

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
attack? wow ok..keep thinking that mr. victim.

ATRAIN
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
attack? wow ok..keep thinking that mr. victim.

Now if thats not irony I dont know what is.

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
glad to play the game...GO RUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Roadrunners
02-13-2009, 04:21 PM
roadies man.....i am pro utsa all the way but chill out. you are like the crazy aggie fan that make people hate that school because they are so ridiculous. calm down

tonylongoriafan
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
roadies man.....i am pro utsa all the way but chill out. you are like the crazy aggie fan that make people hate that school because they are so ridiculous. calm down

:wakeup let them go...i want to see where this goes

Roadies4life
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
lol....I am just playing the game bro..no worries.

redraiderinfiji
02-15-2009, 06:34 AM
lol....I am just playing the game bro..no worries.

DELete Choadies!

DMX7
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
The Hot Dog in his avatar is clearly a metaphor for Stephen. He likes it in the face apparently.

THE KIDD
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Steven you give A&MCC a bad name. Been to the campus its nice and students are very friendly.

Dr. Gonzo
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Steven you give A&MCC a bad name. Been to the campus its nice and students are very friendly.

That exactly how most feel about the UTSA fans on this forum.

J.T.
03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
All you need to know about UTSA: 95% acceptance and ducks could get a PhD in Neuro-surgery with a 4.0 and graduate magna cum laude.

lebomb
03-04-2009, 03:29 PM
All you need to know about UTSA: 95% acceptance and ducks could get a PhD in Neuro-surgery with a 4.0 and graduate magna cum laude.

They raised the standards dude, its not 95% anymore. They want to slow down growth some and are striving for Tier 1 status. :wakeup

dirk4mvp
03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
They raised the standards dude, its not 95% anymore. They want to slow down growth some and are striving for Tier 1 status. :wakeup

What is it now?

J.T.
03-04-2009, 03:48 PM
What is it now?

They did raise the standards. To 96%.

Dr. Gonzo
03-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Tier 1 status isn't realistic within the next 10-15 years. It is a goal but a very long term one.

lebomb
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
What is it now?

Have no idea right off the bat, I will have to do a lil research.

dirk4mvp
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
They did raise the standards. To 96%.

Sweet, I think I'm going there in the fall.

lebomb
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Went to http://www.txhighereddata.org

For 2008, acceptance rate was 82%

Also, it was said that the acceptance rate at A&M and UT was about the same in the 80's, but they upped their standards. Most universities start out letting many more in for financial reasons......once the school gets to a certain size, they buckle down on admissions. Especially if you are striving to reach tier 1.

So with that........... WTF is the problem? Who cares what the acceptance rate is to begin with. If you get your degree, you get it. I work with people that went to major universities and some that went to DII and DIII
tiny ass little universities. They all have their degrees and basically do the same jobs.

That being said............... GO RUNNERS........beat TxState!!!!!

lebomb
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Tier 1 status isn't realistic within the next 10-15 years. It is a goal but a very long term one.

This I do agree with, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to get there no matter how long it takes right?

Dr. Gonzo
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
This I do agree with, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to get there no matter how long it takes right?

I agree, however, if the money being put toward a football team was being put to build a new library with actual space for growth in the collection, they would get there a lot faster. There is no way the JPL is ever going to be big enough to hold the collection necessary for a Tier 1 research library.

lebomb
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree, however, if the money being put toward a football team was being put to build a new library with actual space for growth in the collection, they would get there a lot faster. There is no way the JPL is ever going to be big enough to hold the collection necessary for a Tier 1 research library.

Utsa is suffering from commuter school image............the football team is actually more important right now. The tier 1 status will come quicker once that image is shed. Pretty much everyone outside of the Utsa crew has been shouting "commuter school", so its a huge issue obviously.

Dr. Gonzo
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Utsa is suffering from commuter school image............the football team is actually more important right now. The tier 1 status will come quicker once that image is shed. Pretty much everyone outside of the Utsa crew has been shouting "commuter school", so its a huge issue obviously.

A football school doesn't change that image. TAMUK has had a football team for decades, a top national D2 program at that, and it will never shed that image. There is no way a football team can be more important than a research library. But of course that is my opinion and has been my reasoning all along. I tried making that point from the start until you UTSA guys got a bunch of sand in your vaginas and got butt hurt when I made the point.

lebomb
03-04-2009, 07:34 PM
A football school doesn't change that image. TAMUK has had a football team for decades, a top national D2 program at that, and it will never shed that image. There is no way a football team can be more important than a research library. But of course that is my opinion and has been my reasoning all along. I tried making that point from the start until you UTSA guys got a bunch of sand in your vaginas and got butt hurt when I made the point.

TAMUK isnt in one of the largest cities in the US, so your point is pointless. People as a WHOLE equate a universities success with athletics, outside of Stanford and the Ivy league. Its just human nature. You are starting out completely negative.............give football a chance and see what impact it has on Utsa overall. I guarantee you will be surprised. I know people from all over.....Utsa alumni and those who never set foot on the Utsa campus that have told me they will buy season tickets. It will give them something to root for and something to do on Saturdays......basically something home grown to feel good about, outside of the Spurs.

GO RUNNERS GO!!!!!! :hat

PS.....Im NOT saying football is more important than the library......Im just saying 90% of the population seems to think this. *shrugs*

tonylongoriafan
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
There is no way a football team can be more important than a research library.

i agree but it's all relative

dws009
03-05-2009, 07:53 PM
TAMUK isnt in one of the largest cities in the US, so your point is pointless. People as a WHOLE equate a universities success with athletics, outside of Stanford and the Ivy league. Its just human nature. You are starting out completely negative.............give football a chance and see what impact it has on Utsa overall. I guarantee you will be surprised. I know people from all over.....Utsa alumni and those who never set foot on the Utsa campus that have told me they will buy season tickets. It will give them something to root for and something to do on Saturdays......basically something home grown to feel good about, outside of the Spurs.

GO RUNNERS GO!!!!!! :hat

PS.....Im NOT saying football is more important than the library......Im just saying 90% of the population seems to think this. *shrugs*

Lebomb makes a great point. This is Texas and no matter how good your school is academically or even in other sports, the measuring stick is the football team.......at least for public schools, Rice and Baylor would be the exception but are both private schools.

GOUTSA
03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
What is it now?

It's 82% now...
http://www.utsa.edu/ir/factbook/2008/UTSA_FactBook_2008.pdf

GOUTSA
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM

The current library fee is $14 per hour and the money for "football" which is actually to move all 16 sports to a higher competition level will increased from $10 to $20 per hour (currently at $11).

Why don't you put together a referendum to increase the library fees from $14 to $24, I don't know how many signature you would need but I'm sure it’s not hard to find out.

lebomb
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
It's 82% now...
http://www.utsa.edu/ir/factbook/2008/UTSA_FactBook_2008.pdf

Yeah, I posted this last week to everyone. What I think is funny? They said UT and A&Ms acceptance rate was about the same in the 1980's. Thats with a 100yr head start as well. :rolleyes

GOUTSA
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I posted this last week to everyone. What I think is funny? They said UT and A&Ms acceptance rate was about the same in the 1980's. Thats with a 100yr head start as well. :rolleyes

I think we are going to see a nice jump in applicants now after the big football news, should drop down to the seventies by next year.

lebomb
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I think we are going to see a nice jump in applicants now after the big football news, should drop down to the seventies by next year.

And that would be awesome.....but GOUTSA, like I said before.....if you get in as one of the 99% or 70%, you still have to make the grades to graduate.

The professors dont push you through........even back in the 90's when I went to school, my profs. were from all over, Oregon St. U, Arizona U., UT......shit, they werent scrubs. :rolleyes

Biggems
03-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Seriously, how can you not enjoy a mascot like this?

http://www.tamucc.onlinecommunity.com/images/izzy.jpg

That shit is so ridiculous it's fucking brilliant.

I graduated in Dec 01....

SO I guess there is no more Tarpie huh? That was one ugly fish.

I am still disappointed with the chokefest against Wisconsin.....and I hate Alando Tucker. Thankfully he is with the Suns so I can continue my disdain for him.

I wish the school would make athletic jerseys accessible to the public. Well maybe they have now, but for a very long time no basketball or baseball jerseys were available.

I hope we can get into the Conference Tourney and win it. I want us in the Madness again. That was awesome. If we do make it, I will definitely be taking time off from work to watch the game like I did a few years ago. I will have to hit up either Buffalo Wild or Fatso's.

GO ISLANDERS......

BEWARE THE BLUE AND GREEN TSUNAMI

lebomb
03-07-2009, 05:40 PM

I am still disappointed with the chokefest against Wisconsin.....and I hate Alando Tucker. Thankfully he is with the Suns so I can continue my disdain for him.

I wish the school would make athletic jerseys accessible to the public. Well maybe they have now, but for a very long time no basketball or baseball jerseys were available.

I hope we can get into the Conference Tourney and win it. I want us in the Madness again. That was awesome. If we do make it, I will definitely be taking time off from work to watch the game like I did a few years ago. I will have to hit up either Buffalo Wild or Fatso's.

GO ISLANDERS......

Much props to the Islanders..............they bring it. :toast

Biggems
03-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Do you even realize the money that a D-1 Football team brings to a school. Do you think that UT, OU, USC, Michigan, etc. would have near the academic resources and funding, if not for their football and other athletic programs? The answer is no.

Hell, just look at our school. I got there in the fall of 97. It was so small. It felt like my HS, Converse Judson was bigger. Heck, SAC felt bigger. However, by the time I graduated in 2001, they had athletics and greek affiliations and the school just took off with growth. New buildings have been popping up like mad. The enrollment has increased quite a bit. They now have land just off Ward Island to build more campus.

This football team is going to bring so much money to UTSA. They will be able to upgrade not only their athletic department and facilities, but they will also be able to bring in money to upgrade many academic areas like the library, science, and fine arts dept. I may not be a fan of UTSA, but I hope they will finally build a real basketball arena. It would be nice to get a decent sized field house for basketball, volleyball, and the like.

Biggems
03-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Much props to the Islanders..............they bring it. :toast

You guys just got a very nice prospect in that Robinson kid from Southwest......

lebomb
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
You guys just got a very nice prospect in that Robinson kid from Southwest......

Thanks man............much respect. Finally someone who gets it.

Biggems
03-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I wonder where Ned Cox will be going to college. I would love it if he went to TAMU-CC

lebomb
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I wonder where Ned Cox will be going to college. I would love it if he went to TAMU-CC

Just in case you missed it, athletics pays for a great deal at a university. The more successful you are the better.

Biggems
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Just in case you missed it, athletics pays for a great deal at a university. The more successful you are the better.

i know. i am not naive or uninformed like some people.

However, to smaller schools, certain athletic programs can be quite costly and fund draining.....especially a sport like football. That is probably why, football is not an introductory sport at most universities.

But, if the school has a solid financial foundation already....and a quality athletic program in place....then the infusion of a football program will most likely be nothing but an absolute positive for the university as a whole.

Dr. Gonzo
03-08-2009, 01:41 AM

GO ISLANDERS......

I have not been able to find a jersey anywhere. I wouldn't mind having an Islander road basketball jersey. I once saw someone wearing one at the movies once but didn't get to ask where he got it.

Dr. Gonzo
03-08-2009, 01:46 AM
The Islanders got the 4 seed and play UT-Arlington on Thursday. They beat them today by 13 in Arlington and by 7 earlier this season. Hopefully they can get the win and they will probably play SFA who they lost to earlier this year and are the number 1 seed. They ended the season winning 3 of their last 5. Hopefully that is enough momentum to carry them deep into the tourney.

Biggems
03-08-2009, 10:29 AM
The Islanders got the 4 seed and play UT-Arlington on Thursday. They beat them today by 13 in Arlington and by 7 earlier this season. Hopefully they can get the win and they will probably play SFA who they lost to earlier this year and are the number 1 seed. They ended the season winning 3 of their last 5. Hopefully that is enough momentum to carry them deep into the tourney.

As long as we don't have to play SHSU.......those Bearcats have been tough on us this season.

BTW, UCA will always be a sentimental favorite for me in the Southland. We traveled there for a Conference in 98, and met up with them each year after at other conferences, while I was in school. They were some of the friendliest, nicest, hospitable, and down to earth people I have ever met. The UCA campus is beautiful.

tonylongoriafan
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/2590_1094889418374_1410723665_267816_5657461_n.jpg