PDA

View Full Version : Where to get your taxes "hooked up" around town?

manustarting2gd
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey all.. I need the hook up on a good accountant or cpa or tax service who can get me a good return on my taxes this year... Any help would be appreciated.. Cost would be nice as well. *Please, I know about turbo tax and h&r block. I've done H&R block every year since I can remember but this last year, I had a pretty eventful 2008. I got married, bought a house, my wife and I have both gotten laid off , we both received severances, had a beautiful daughter and are looking to get the best return possible.

I'm talking about places around town, regardless of location. Please only reply with someone you have used in the past and didnt expect to get as good as return as you did. Let everyone in here know. We all need the most money we can get considering the economy. Name/ Number and Cost, perhaps a little detail about what they did for you as well. Appreciate the input !

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Hey all.. I need the hook up on a good accountant or cpa or tax service who can get me a good return on my taxes this year... Any help would be appreciated.. Cost would be nice as well. *Please, I know about turbo tax and h&r block. I've done H&R block every year since I can remember but this last year, I had a pretty eventful 2008. I got married, bought a house, my wife and I have both gotten laid off , we both received severances, had a beautiful daughter and are looking to get the best return possible.

I'm talking about places around town, regardless of location. Please only reply with someone you have used in the past and didnt expect to get as good as return as you did. Let everyone in here know. We all need the most money we can get considering the economy. Name/ Number and Cost, perhaps a little detail about what they did for you as well. Appreciate the input !

accountant here....not familiar with american system....

your wife/family on welfare or receiving any family benefits?
i think you can get child/spouse rebate....private health cover/insurance rebate, medical expenses etc...

most cases you be paying taxes anyway if ur a individual tax payer like everyone else........theres not much room where you can avoid paying taxes man.

manustarting2gd
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info peeps.

ashbeeigh
02-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Depending on how much you make (under 45kish..there is some wiggle room) call 211, ask for the nearest location and have the city do them for you. 100% free.

If not you're SOL. I don't know.