PDA

View Full Version : Post Duncan

spurspokesman
02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Not really trying to start A soap opera here but it pains me to see Duncans name next to any trade thread let alone rumor. I dont know about any of my fellow spurs fans but I would rather keep tim till he retires. I wouldnt even trade him for anybody in the league (and im serious.)There is A difference between great players (Lebron and many others) and great leaders(timmy. Although he is a great player also.) . Great players fill the seats amp the crowd up and let em down time after time,. Great leaders lead there team to the mountain top.
I sometimes wonder what our spurs will look like after duncan. But the spurs seem to keep A good big around (Gervin to DRob to T duncan).
Your thoughts?

Rogue
02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Duncan won't be traded until the spurs start to seriously considering their rebuilding plan.

smrattler
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Pop cloned Duncan in '98. He's a 10 yr old swimmer right now that is about to pick up a basketball pretty soon for the first time. Never heard of him because Pop is home-schooling him.

Oh yeah, he's also 1/8th his size. :(

dbreiden83080
02-12-2009, 11:23 PM
By the time Duncan doesn't have enough left in the tank for the Spurs to contend anymore and they are ready to move one, he probably will be ready to as well. By that i mean retire. I can't see him playing until he is 40, or so when he has made his money, has at least 4 rings, mvp's first ballot HOFer lock you name it. It's not likely he'll be like a Patrick Ewing, hanging on from team to team because he never won a title..

Kori Ellis
02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Maybe DRob's son will skip college :lol and get drafted by the Spurs at 18 and carry for the franchise for 15 years, until Duncan and Bowen's sons are ready :smokin

ducks
02-12-2009, 11:31 PM
people posted these threads with david robinson
then spurs drafted david

m33p0
02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
people posted these threads with david robinson
then spurs drafted david
:lol

Agloco
02-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Pop cloned Duncan in '98. He's a 10 yr old swimmer right now that is about to pick up a basketball pretty soon for the first time. Never heard of him because Pop is home-schooling him.

Oh yeah, he's also 1/8th his size. :(

Is he going to play point guard in the midget league or something?

Rogue
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe DRob's son will skip college :lol and get drafted by the Spurs at 18 and carry for the franchise for 15 years, until Duncan and Bowen's sons are ready :smokin
I don't think ronbin'son is average enough to slip to spurs' pick, unless he's as bad as ewing's son. :lol

underdawg
02-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Not really trying to start A soap opera here but it pains me to see Duncans name next to any trade thread let alone rumor. I dont know about any of my fellow spurs fans but I would rather keep tim till he retires. I wouldnt even trade him for anybody in the league (and im serious.)There is A difference between great players (Lebron and many others) and great leaders(timmy. Although he is a great player also.) . Great players fill the seats amp the crowd up and let em down time after time,. Great leaders lead there team to the mountain top.
I sometimes wonder what our spurs will look like after duncan. But the spurs seem to keep A good big around (Gervin to DRob to T duncan).
Your thoughts?

thought it was a mavs fan that started that thread - are you surprised?

Thomas82
02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Duncan won't be traded until the spurs start to seriously considering their rebuilding plan.

He will RETIRE a Spur.

Rogue
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
He will RETIRE a Spur.
say no one will be allowed to wear spurs' "#21" after he retires?

Fernando TD21
02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
I believe the Ducan thread was just a tongue in cheek thing, not serious. Nobody sober and free from hallucinogens would consider trading Duncan, ever.
:toast

thought it was a mavs fan that started that thread - are you surprised?
Look around the forum, some Spurs fans would seriously consider trading Duncan.

FreeMason
02-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Duncan could be a quadriplegic and he'd still have a spot on the Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Duncan will retire a Spur in 2012, along with Pop.

/thread

Kori Ellis
02-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Duncan will retire a Spur in 2012, along with Pop.

/thread

Too early. He'll only be 36 at the end of that season. He might be able (and want) to go another 3 after that.

Thomas82
02-13-2009, 11:16 PM
say no one will be allowed to wear spurs' "#21" after he retires?

No comment.

Too early. He'll only be 36 at the end of that season. He might be able (and want) to go another 3 after that.

I think that's definately reasonable if his body continues to hold up.

4lifecowboy
02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Chris Bosh in '10 and start all over again.

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2009, 03:20 AM
are you ready for the future?

JAMES GISTS BABY

wijayas
02-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Duncan could be a quadriplegic and he'd still have a spot on the Spurs.

Or a minority ownership just like D-Rob. That will be sweet!

wijayas
02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Chris Bosh in '10 and start all over again.

Does Chris have what it takes?
Can anybody post Chris's stat on consistency?

wijayas
02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
oh man... stop killing yourself (and us) with such thoughts. it will come sooner or later, but let's just enjoy and appreciate what we have now.

Galileo
02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
After Duncan declines from elite status, he will be a great role player for another 5-10 years. If you look at all the bad big men in the league, you'll notice that Duncan has a long way to drop before he gets to that status.