PDA

View Full Version : Marc Stein: Who's staying or going? (About Sheed and Spurs)

Supreme_Being
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=tradetalk-090205

San Antonio's desire to acquire one more big man (preferably a floor-stretching big man) to counter the Lakers and Boston is no secret.

The surprise stems from the rumbles I've heard about Detroit free-agent-to-be Rasheed Wallace having legit interest in joining the Spurs to team up with his 2005 NBA Finals nemesis Tim Duncan, with 'Sheed chief among the Pistons unsettled by the realization that big changes are undoubtedly coming in that locker room.

Don't see a real trade possibility here -- given that the Pistons are unlikely to take back anything other than expiring contracts for the expiring deals possessed by Wallace and Allen Iverson unless they have a chance to trade for someone like Stoudemire or Chris Bosh -- but it's something to file away for free agency.

Another note for the future on Iverson: Detroit is far more unlikely than likely to find a workable trade home for Iverson after the Pistons' struggles since acquiring A.I. from Denver in the first week of the season, but I've heard multiple executives say there might be a better-than-expected market for the 33-year-old in free agency this summer as long as his demands are not exorbitant.

"There's never been a time where we're all touched by the economy at the same time," said one exec, suggesting that Iverson will appeal to a few teams just because of his ability to sell tickets.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click her

Agloco
02-13-2009, 12:13 AM
http://blog.ingamenow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/nba_a_wallace2_395.jpg

I'm going to SA?!?!?!?!

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

spursfan09
02-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Debbie Downer

Yorae
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM

I'm going to SA?!?!?!?!

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Only if you go there ala Pau Gasol.

Dex
02-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Stein article about the Rasheed trade?

Any credibility it might have had...it just lost.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Stein article about the Rasheed trade?

Any credibility it might have had...it just lost.

No no Stein said it's unlikely to happen, that increases the chances it happens. If Stein were to say they had a deal in place, we would know nothing would happen.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2009, 12:39 AM
this article is old..we all already knew Stein said this..

Rogue
02-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Spurs need a big man who can and is willing to do dirty works in the paint, obviously Sheed is not the guy they need.

wisnub
02-13-2009, 12:52 AM
No no Stein said it's unlikely to happen, that increases the chances it happens. If Stein were to say they had a deal in place, we would know nothing would happen.

hahahaha if rasheed go to spurs, then i would go to a mall naked

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

itzsoweezee
02-13-2009, 01:58 AM
why would detroit trade iverson now? the whole point was to get his expiring contract.

rayray2k8
02-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Yep, I figured this is what started that stupid 20 plus page thread on the rumor of Sheed to the spurs.... For almost nothing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 02:19 AM
All I know is, the Spurs are for sure in discussions about Sheed, maybe it's never going to happen, but the Spurs apparently disagree. As a basketball fan and closet Spurs fan, seeing Timmy and Sheed playing together would be nasty (in a good way). I hope this happens.

completely deck
02-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Yep, I figured this is what started that stupid 20 plus page thread on the rumor of Sheed to the spurs.... For almost nothing.

yep, you figured wrong

Ditty
02-13-2009, 02:48 AM
All I know is, the Spurs are for sure in discussions about Sheed, maybe it's never going to happen, but the Spurs apparently disagree. As a basketball fan and closet Spurs fan, seeing Timmy and Sheed playing together would be nasty (in a good way). I hope this happens.

your the collest suns fan i know:toast

NOT! :lol

jk

rayray2k8
02-13-2009, 03:02 AM
yep, you figured wrong

How did I figure wrong?
Sport writers come up with trade scenarios for teams and that's how trade rumors get started...
Check yourself moron. :rolleyes
Bet your 1 of many that's going ape shit over the idea of this idiot coming to the spurs... Keep dreaming. :lol

Spork KIller
02-13-2009, 03:06 AM

I'm going to SA?!?!?!?!

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol :nope

Kori Ellis
02-13-2009, 03:07 AM
How did I figure wrong?
Sport writers come up with trade scenarios for teams and that's how trade rumors get started...
Check yourself moron. :rolleyes
Bet your 1 of many that's going ape shit over the idea of this idiot coming to the spurs... Keep dreaming. :lol

You figured wrong because the other thread started because of a source inside the Pistons talking to someone Chris Duel knows. And then that person talking to Chris Duel on his radio show.

rayray2k8
02-13-2009, 03:09 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol :nope

I'd worry more about the suns if I were you. :lol
That is if you are one..
Nothing more lamer than someone posing as a for another team..
Make better use of your time.

Kori Ellis
02-13-2009, 03:09 AM
As for this thread, I'm locking it because this Stein mention is from a week ago and it's already been on the board in a couple other threads.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3087002&postcount=37