PDA

View Full Version : Dirk should demand a trade or leave mavs

portpower_11
02-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Terry will sideline for 6 weeks likely

Why does he play with those garbages?

Brickhouse
02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
jesus does the team have any other move than dumping the ball to Dirk. All his shots are tough, don't see how Kidd has helped get him easier shots.

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
The idea behind Kidd getting Dirk easier shots made sense on paper, but it isnt the case at all.

Dirk has to work so hard for his shit, I see the Celtics have beautiful ball movement and KG always has wide open mid range jumpers or long 2's. Dirk works hard for everything, its frustrating.

Rogue
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
we should demand a trade, a "gasol type of trade" to help us re-join the range of "most powerful teams".

Thompson
02-13-2009, 12:59 AM
we should demand a trade, a "gasol type of trade" to help us re-join the range of "most powerful teams".

If the Mavs make a "gasol type of trade," you'll be playing the part of the Grizzlies. How does Dirk for Oberto, filler, Splitter's rights and our 2011 1st rounder sound?

portpower_11
02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
If the Mavs make a "gasol type of trade," you'll be playing the part of the Grizzlies. How does Dirk for Oberto, filler, Splitter's rights and our 2011 1st rounder sound?

I never doubt Dirk's loyalty to Mavs.

But if Cuban and DN continued doing bad trade or nothing, Dirk will leave Mavs soon. He will choose a contender at quite low salary. Personally, I think Spurs might be one of his options, :)

Brickhouse
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
At some point Dirk needs to say fuck it. When the opposing team cheats off three of the other starters on the floor, and then you get most of the flak, it isn't worth staying.

Rogue
02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
When you have a 21mil trading piece of shit on the table like Kidd, you better do something!!!
Kidd is not like Kobe, though Kidd is not as good as we used to expect him to be.

endrity
02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Dirk has played amazing ball this season, if anything showing why he is so underrated. He is doing exactly what Wade is doing with the Heat, but in a conference that outside the top 3 is much tougher.

He will never demand a trade though. But the Mavs should if they think they can't put a good team around him anymore. The fact is the Mavs talent level is really low right now.

For all the people who love to talk about Kidd after we blow out some scrub team, here is once again the evidence that against good teams he is useless. They slow down the tempo, have set defenses, and turn Kidd into a complete liability. And if you have a quick PG who can roast him on the other end, than Kidd really gives you nothing. It was the same story last season as well. The Mavs lost against all good teams pretty much with Kidd, and blew out the scrubs. The deal did not work, and I know Cuban wants to save face and say that Kidd is playing really well, but it's not true. It's time to move on, and possibly use his contract right now.

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Its hard to disagree I suppose.

I always go back and forth on Kidd. I dont think we'd be elite with Harris, some days though I think we'd be the same slightly above average team, other days I think we'd be a little better.

Kidd is a player whose talents are best unleashed on specific rosters. If we had an explosive wing and a low post scorer, you'd get much more out of Kidd.

As it is though, no explosive wing, no low post scorer, so Kidd's lack of scoring becomes much more noticeable on nights like this.

A team can definitely win a title with a PG like Kidd, not much penetrating ability and only gives you 8-9 points per game, but the other pieces have to be in place and they aren't here.

Lakers999
02-13-2009, 01:32 AM
hopefully dirk will leave to the lakers

endrity
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Its hard to disagree I suppose.

I always go back and forth on Kidd. I dont think we'd be elite with Harris, some days though I think we'd be the same slightly above average team, other days I think we'd be a little better.

Kidd is a player whose talents are best unleashed on specific rosters. If we had an explosive wing and a low post scorer, you'd get much more out of Kidd.

As it is though, no explosive wing, no low post scorer, so Kidd's lack of scoring becomes much more noticeable on nights like this.

A team can definitely win a title with a PG like Kidd, not much penetrating ability and only gives you 8-9 points per game, but the other pieces have to be in place and they aren't here.

Maybe it possible, it was definetely true 3-4 years ago. But he is running out of gas quickly. There are nights where he is like a pinball, doing everything on the court, and is a joy to watch. But those nights are rare, and they are against sloppy teams, who turn the ball over too easily. Most of the nights it's performances like these out of him. Bad shooting, little energy, like contributions. At best some flashback highlight passing, but that's it.

Ghazi, I have said many times that I don't think Harris alone would make us elite. We have fallen off with our talent in other areas. Josh has regressed since 06, we have no bench outside of Jet and he isn't a real bench player anyway. We used to have a bench of Quis, a healthy Stack, Van Horn, a motivated Diop. That was almost a starting 5 for a low level team in this league. We have nothing of that sort right now. But we would be better with Harris, at least we'd have someone else who could do something when Dirk is being swarmed late in games.

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Well, I'm off to bed my beloved Mavs fans.

We shouldn't feel terrible about this loss, because we're all hoping that the front office makes changes, thus we should not judge this roster that played tonight if next week it'll have different pieces. we have to hope, maybe even assume, that our beloved FO will add some ammunition to this team that's too Dirkcentric on offense.

But if the front office makes no changes, then yes, be very concerned about this loss. Because those offensive droughts are entirely roster related, and if the roster does not change, those droughts will show up in the playoffs or cause us to miss the playoffs.

Again, these terms such as choking, soft, no heart, no swagger, it is just hype and used by idiotic fans. it is not choking, Dampier doesn't have post moves, Kidd seems ineffective in the halfcourt against solid defenses, Wright isn't a good shooting guard, Bass isn't a C and Barea isn't a SG, etc. That is why a lead can vanish quickly. Too much Dirk centrism.

j.dizzle
02-13-2009, 02:13 AM
dont worry guys mr. kupchak will make the trade happen..Luke walton & Chris Mihm for Dirk! Make that shit happen mitch! haha

de Soto
02-14-2009, 02:53 PM
The Spurs should get Dirk to strengthen their bench. Filey and Bowen to the mavs.

Chris
02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Poor Dirk rotting away in Dallas. At least he has that MVP season and we all love him for the bike incident.

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Poor Duncan is rotting away in San Antonio.

Rogue
02-14-2009, 06:07 PM
The Spurs should get Dirk to strengthen their bench. Filey and Bowen to the mavs.
:lmao Filey

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Do you expect your posts to be taken seriously pinky?

ducks
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
dirk signed the contact he can not leave