PDA

View Full Version : Is there any other team in the league that uses more screens than the Celtics?

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I was just watching the Celtics-Mavs game and I notice the Celtics use a lot of screens especially with Ray Allen.

I saw the same thing in the Celtics-Lakers game and the Celtics-Spurs game last Sunday.

Is there any other team in the league that uses screens like Boston?

:flag:

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
add the word "moving" to your thread title.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:52 AM
add the word "moving" to your thread title.

Yeah...that maybe true!

But, the refs have to call it though.

stretch
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
:tu x 1000 to monos post

those motherfuckers get away with a shitload of moving picks

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:00 AM
:tu x 1000 to monos post

those motherfuckers get away with a shitload of moving picks

Maybe so, Stretch!

But..if the refs don't call it they will continue to do it.

The screens are very effective if you have two bigs like Perkins and Garnett setting them.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I gave up trying to count all the moving picks last Thursday. It's why Ray is open for a lot of his shots.

stretch
02-13-2009, 01:01 AM
celtics do a good job of hiding them by adding a shitload of extra movement going around so the moving screens arent as noticable when down on the court. i guess they deserve credit for finding ways around the rules.

whats up with boston sports trying to find ways to cheat?

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Boston = gay city. I wish there were still rags so I could tag that, followed by "lol, stretch"

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
celtics do a good job of hiding them by adding a shitload of extra movement going around so the moving screens arent as noticable when down on the court. i guess they deserve credit for finding ways around the rules.

whats up with boston sports trying to find ways to cheat?

:lmao

That's funny!!

:lmao

stretch
02-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Boston = gay city. I wish there were still rags so I could tag that, followed by "lol, stretch"

:lol

endrity
02-13-2009, 01:30 AM
On two of his threes in the fourth quarter, Allen was aided by evident moving screen by Perkins and Powe. In the replays it wasn't even debatable, but the TNT crew said nothing about it, and it has been going on for a while. I am not blaming the loss on the refs. The Celtics have been getting away with it for a long time, so at this point it should be expected. I wonder why the league hasn't done anything about it though since more and more people have mentioned this problem. They don't even hide it much to be honest, you can clearely see them moving on the baseline screens especially.

pawe
02-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Detroit

scanry
02-13-2009, 02:47 AM

Typical LA smugness. BTW as much as i hate the Celtics, Boston still owns LA in every damn sport.

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Every city owns San Antonio in every sport other than basketball :toast

scanry
02-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Every city owns San Antonio in every sport other than basketball :toast

They don't have another professional sport in San Antonio besides the Spurs you moron.

BTW enjoy the Mavs 2006 championship...

http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/dallaschokersDVD-734256.gif

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Shut the fuck up, you already exposed your lack of basketball knowledge in the other thread.

scanry
02-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Shut the fuck up, you already exposed your lack of basketball knowledge in all the other threads.

There Fixed it for you..

Girasuck
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Well, our offense is designed to screen, then screen again, and then screen one more time so I'd say we set the most screens out of any team in the league.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
C's set illegal screens out of bounds for Ray Ray. I was shocked last night when the ref called one of these on Rondo last night

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Typical LA smugness. BTW as much as i hate the Celtics, Boston still owns LA in every damn sport.

Every? Have the Dodgers played the Red Sox in the World Series in the past 100 years? Has USC played BC at all? You trully are a dumbass.

Obstructed_View
02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
If the screener isn't tap dancing then he's got a handful of jersey, and they must have done it 20 times last night. Ray Allen's a great shooter, but the room he gets is thanks to the poor officiating.

That said, the Mavericks are so un-clutch that no amount of officiating was going to help them win that game.

Kobe™
02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/kdvmeq.png

picnroll
02-13-2009, 08:22 PM
The guy getting picked off needs to put a few hard elbows into those guy taking a step on those screens. Maybe an elbow pad with a little metal under it would discouraged Perkins and Garnett.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Every? Have the Dodgers played the Red Sox in the World Series in the past 100 years? Has USC played BC at all? You trully are a dumbass.

Well the Patriots certainly owned the Oakland/LA/Oakland Raiders. What was the excuse for that one? Oh yeah, "tuck rule! :cry". That excuse is right up there with "immaculate reception wasn't legal! :cry" and "they stole our coach and he knew all our plays! :cry"

scanry
02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Well the Patriots certainly owned the Oakland/LA/Oakland Raiders. What was the excuse for that one? Oh yeah, "tuck rule! :cry". That excuse is right up there with "immaculate reception wasn't legal! :cry" and "they stole our coach and he knew all our plays! :cry"

I agree..

BTW IronMexican, i meant professional sports, not college sports. :lol

As much as i hate the Celtics, i still respect Boston professional sports success. LA haven't been as successful as Boston period.

Boston has a combined total of (17-NBA, 5-NHL, 3-NFL, 7-MLB) 32 titles. :wow:wow

LA on the other has (1-NFL, 9-NBA, 1-NHL, 5-MLB + 1-MLB) 17 titles.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 11:54 PM

You know the tuck was BS. Immaculate reception I wasn't even alive. And the Super Bowl was just an ass beating. Raiders and Pats have the same amount of titles with you and I as their fans.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
You know the tuck was BS. :cry Immaculate reception I wasn't even alive. :cry And the Super Bowl was just an ass beating. :cry Raiders and Pats have the same amount of titles with you and I as their fans. :cry