PDA

View Full Version : Draftexpress: James White, Knocking on NBA's door, again

Darkwaters
02-13-2009, 04:22 AM
An interesting article about the growth of the former Spur.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/D-League-Blog/#James-White-Knocking-on-the-NBAs-Door-Again-3106

spurs1990
02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
If White indeed prospers enough to become an established NBA player of any sort, he had better end up on the Spurs.

DynastyBuilder
02-13-2009, 09:17 AM
JAMES WHITE x2!

raspsa
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Has he learned how to play defense?

MoSpur
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I would not mind seeing White getting another chance to play here.

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Before his first stint with the Spurs, I read on DraftExpress that White was presumed to be a decent and willing defender. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

I did like the sombrero he donned at the 2005 Championship celebration.

raspsa
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Before his first stint with the Spurs, I read on DraftExpress that White was presumed to be a decent and willing defender. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

I did like the sombrero he donned at the 2005 Championship celebration.

High-flying dunkers like White rarely have the ability or inclination to hard-nosed consistent defense.. a rare exception was MJ who led the league as its best offensive and defensive player in the same year.

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
High-flying dunkers like White rarely have the ability or inclination to hard-nosed consistent defense.. a rare exception was MJ who led the league as its best offensive and defensive player in the same year.

Tell me about it. Though it sounds as though he's evolved into a rather prolific scorer.

wildbill2u
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Tell me about it. Though it sounds as though he's evolved into a rather prolific scorer.

Since he's now a prolific scorer I doubt his attitude towards developing his defense will improve.

Everyone loves a scorer, especially one that dunks, but few really appreciate the contribution of hard working defense players like Bowen to a team's success.

The Truth #6
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I was more concerned about his lack of offensive ability than defense. Basically, he didn't have any real skill other than dunking.

He did play defense in college and it's possible his attitude has changed somewhat after being in Turkey, and by that I mean, hopefully for the better.

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I was more concerned about his lack of offensive ability than defense. Basically, he didn't have any real skill other than dunking.

He did play defense in college and it's possible his attitude has changed somewhat after being in Turkey, and by that I mean, hopefully for the better.

Depending upon where he draws NBA interest, he's gonna have to focus on developing himself into at least an average defender, if he wants to stick. I wish the kid luck and also hope his attitude has changed - for the better.

EricB
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
before his first stint with the spurs, i read on draftexpress that white was presumed to be a decent and willing defender. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

I did like the sombrero he donned at the 2007 championship celebration.

fify

duncan228
02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I posted this in the other White thread, but since it's come up here:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/champion/alamodome201.jpg

Darkwaters
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Awesome picture.