PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Announcers

Guru of Nothing
03-05-2005, 10:20 PM
They do not get much worse than Phoenix - Tom Chambers and Tom Leander.

I think it was Leander who said that Sebastion Telfair was hyped nearly so much as Lebron coming out of high school. And that's the least of it. They just flat out suck.

On the flip side, and I don't know their names, the Seattle announcers I heard on league pass earlier this season are stellar.

Back to the game.

Guru of Nothing
03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Well F, now I see Gary Bender and Dan Majerle calling the game.

Somebody sucks, I'm just not sure who it is.

timvp
03-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Who is the Phoenix announcer who sounds like a high schooler doing the games? Whoever that guy is SUCKS.

Gooshie
03-05-2005, 11:10 PM
That's Tom Leander. I can't stand the guy either. His partner is usually Eddie Johnson, who's just as terrible. Al McCoy used to be much better, but he only does radio now for some reason.
However, IMHO, the worst of the worst are the Golden State Warriors announcers. They always put off this sense of impending gloom and doom.

ShoogarBear
03-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Bender and Majerle were all over how great the Suns were playing.

I saw a team letting the Blazers shoot 50-54% most of the game. Only reason they were up was because of big advantages in FTA and TOs.

And having Q's 39% shooting ass off the court helped too, no doubt.

sickdsm
03-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Love to hear your comments on the Wolves team. Tom hanneman and Jim Peterson are horrible. Do they rank right up (or down) there?

E20
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
GS announcers are HORRIBLE. Richardson fouls the dude clear and plain and the announcers start to bull shit I JUST WANT TO SHOOT THEM.