PDA

View Full Version : Porter not being fired

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
The same radio station that broke the news he was being fired is now saying he isn't being fired, of course they don't mention the fact they were the ones that fabricated the rumor :bang:bang:bang:bang

sribb43
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Who is gonna coach the team if he is fired? Alvin Gentry :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Who is gonna coach the team if he is fired? Alvin Gentry :lol

The NY Post reported it would be lil Stevie Kerr but that was refuted when Kerr came out and said he will not be coaching under any circumstances. Thank god.

Rogue
02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
he is gonna be fired anyway sooner or later. suns and suns fans still need some patience :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
he is gonna be fired anyway sooner or later. suns and suns fans still need some patience :lol

fuck patience. Patience is for the retards that still think Amare hasn't peaked as a player yet. Patience can blow me :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
lmao

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
The Suns have announced to the NBA world that they're trading Amare. Now it appears as though Porter, the coach handpicked by the GM to install a different philosophy for the team, is now in danger of losing his job in his first year!

Here's what I don't get. If the star player hates to coach and if you're going to fire the coach, then why trade the player? On the other hand, if the organization is committed toward trading the player, perhaps they should consider keeping the coach and bring in some players that fit the system the coach is trying to implement.

In today's NBA, teams change coaches and philosophies like they're changing underwear. Meanwhile, they keep the same veteran, player personnel expecting them to automatically "buy in" to the new philosophy. These owners and GMs are an amazing bunch. They buy the ingredients for a cake, yet they want the finished product yesterday. Meanwhile, they forget that you need the right ingredients and that the damn cake has be baked.

The moral of the story? The key for organizational and team success is stability and patience usually "win out" over instability and impatience.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 11:36 AM
SenorSpur, the reason I want them both gone is because they are both flawed. Porter is simply a bad leader. He mumbles when he talks, he's got a horrible monotone, and he just doesn't have the personality a good coach needs. I won't go over why A'm'a'r'e needs to hit the road cause you've already heard that rant from me :lol

But getting rid of D'antoni only to fire Porter 50 games into the season is basically Kerr waiving a white flag saying, "I turned the Suns into the Grizzlies, in the words of Stewart Scott, BOO-YA!!!"

And the reason I say that is because I sign of a franchise with incompetent ownership is a franchise who fires coaches prematurely and has an owner refusing to acknowledge the real reason the team sucks is because his greed has had severely negative effects on the roster. Sarver blaming D'antoni for the playoff exit last year was like the Memphis owner firing Ivaroni. Sarver is in denial about the fact selling those draft picks and cheaping out on players like JJ killed the Suns, and Memphis's owner is an denial about the fact the Pau Gasol charity giveaway is why Memphis is horrible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Talk about having your head fucked with!!! :lol

Yeah, you know that Findog quote in your sig about charlie Brown, guess what, I just fell on my ass after I thought I was gonna really kick the football :lol

I. Hustle
02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/90714-source-suns-to-fire-porter?eref=fromSI

The most interesting thing about this is the top left corner of the page.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/90714-source-suns-to-fire-porter?eref=fromSI

The most interesting thing about this is the top left corner of the page.

THE NY post article they got that from has already been disputed and proven false. Kerr made a statement saying he won't be coach.

So yes that part is the most interesting thing on that page.

pauls931
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Damn, I knew it was too good to be true.

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
SenorSpur, the reason I want them both gone is because they are both flawed. Porter is simply a bad leader. He mumbles when he talks, he's got a horrible monotone, and he just doesn't have the personality a good coach needs. I won't go over why A'm'a'r'e needs to hit the road cause you've already heard that rant from me :lol

But getting rid of D'antoni only to fire Porter 50 games into the season is basically Kerr waiving a white flag saying, "I turned the Suns into the Grizzlies, in the words of Stewart Scott, BOO-YA!!!"

And the reason I say that is because I sign of a franchise with incompetent ownership is a franchise who fires coaches prematurely and has an owner refusing to acknowledge the real reason the team sucks is because his greed has had severely negative effects on the roster. Sarver blaming D'antoni for the playoff exit last year was like the Memphis owner firing Ivaroni. Sarver is in denial about the fact selling those draft picks and cheaping out on players like JJ killed the Suns, and Memphis's owner is an denial about the fact the Pau Gasol charity giveaway is why Memphis is horrible.

Understand your points on both fronts. Valid points too, I might add. Looks like Kerr is gonna come out looking like the intelligent moron here. In the end, I believe we're both agreeing to the same root cause: incompetent ownership. I never understood why the Suns jettisioned all those picks and young players over the past 5 years.

By the way, I heard a story that perhaps you can verify. I heard that while Kerr is working the phones, fielding offers, uping the ante, trying to negotiate a suitable deal for Stoudamire, Sarver is also calling around to other teams to see what he can get for Amare! Which, if true, undermines his GMs efforts because it give away just how desparate of a seller the Suns really are. If this is true, this is just another example of Sarver's incompetence. Can any Spurs fan imagine Peter Holt doing such a thing?

m33p0
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
thought so. maybe tomorrow.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Where is Frankie Johnson when you need him?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/651213.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19332EFD823EFD41CFD735BDF96A33C499D 284831B75F48EF45

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Where is Frankie Johnson when you need him?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/651213.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19332EFD823EFD41CFD735BDF96A33C499D 284831B75F48EF45

Sounds like he'd be a better option for them, at this point.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
It is being reported on SI.com that he is going to be fired and Kerr is going to coach.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
It is being reported on SI.com that he is going to be fired and Kerr is going to coach.

he failed as a GM and will fail as a coach....he should go back to TNT where he was greatness

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
According to a Phoenix source, Suns coach Terry Porter will be replaced by GM Steve Kerr, who recently completed a crash correspondence coaching course taught by Kevin McHale and Tony DiLeo.

New York Post

Gino
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM

No...SI is citing a NY Post article by none other than Peter FUCKING Vecey.

That is, its complete bullshit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
By the way, I heard a story that perhaps you can verify. I heard that while Kerr is working the phones, fielding offers, uping the ante, trying to negotiate a suitable deal for Stoudamire, Sarver is also calling around to other teams to see what he can get for Amare! Which, if true, undermines his GMs efforts because it give away just how desparate of a seller the Suns really are. If this is true, this is just another example of Sarver's incompetence. Can any Spurs fan imagine Peter Holt doing such a thing?

Yup, it was a yahoo article I believe. Made my blood boil to read about an owner who knows nothing about basketball but thinks he knows everything.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
For everyone posting that NY post article, Kerr specifically refuted that article saying he would not coach under any circumstances.

besides replacing Porter with Kerr is like replacing George Bush with Sarah Palin.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Suns should have hired Avery

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Yup, it was a yahoo article I believe. Made my blood boil to read about an owner who knows nothing about basketball but thinks he knows everything.

Sounds like the actions of a well-known, NFL owner, who goes to great lengths to keep himself and his team in the news.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds like the actions of a well-known, NFL owner, who goes to great lengths to keep himself and his team in the news.

Lemme guess, he's old and dresses really goofy :lol