PDA

View Full Version : Mav fans, let's admit....

clambake
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
.....i saw dirk shrink last night, in the end, when it counted.

Killakobe81
02-13-2009, 11:24 AM
NOT ENOUGH HELP ..even Wade had more help last night Howard is not reliable night in and night out Kidd had a HORRIBLE game bricking many shots scared to shoot others

clambake
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
NOT ENOUGH HELP ..even Wade had more help last night Howard is not reliable night in and night out Kidd had a HORRIBLE game bricking many shots scared to shoot others

we know about the other guys.

dirk backed down in the end.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I dont think its called choking when you are expected to lose. You guys expect too much from that rag tag team of yours.

Devean George!!!:lmao

How did he get the name "Dick Breath" in Dallas? He was my least favorite Laker when he was in LA. Walton transitioned into that spot effortlessly.

Shit. You liked my two most hated Lakers. My favorite Laker is Ariza:toast

clambake
02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
You guys expect too much from that rag tag team of yours.

i see that you're having trouble understanding the purpose of this thread.

i'm talking about dirk.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Early in the 4th quarter, yeah I saw signs that he was. He was settling for terrible off balance shots. If he was aggressive at the start of the 4th the way he was the rest of the game, Mavs might never have lost the lead.

But at the end Dirk definitely didn't shrink. He hit some big shots. You can't blame the loss on him, he can't be on fire 48 minutes straight, he was bound to have a cold spell at some point.

What's retarded is the announcers talking about how KG's intensity affected Dirk. Did those fucking morons see that Leon Powe was the guy shutting down Dirk in the 4th quarter? Dirk suddenly heated up again once KG got back onto the court. The KG lovefest is so fucking stupid, his shitty defense is the reason Dirk was curbstomping the Celtics so bad.

Shank
02-13-2009, 11:48 AM

You're sad, man.

How was Pierce doing when he was the only thing on that team, before the trades? People expect Dirk to drop 50/game and go undefeated. Anything less and they shit on the guy. Un-fucking-believable how fickle fans can be. Makes me sick.

stretch
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't entirely agree with the OP. While I think he could have been more agressive, he was basically playing 1-on-5 on offense. every time he would look to drive or post up, they would send another guy or two at him, and either he would have to pass it out, or shoot a fade-away. its hard to play agressive when the entire defense is staring you down, and you really cant expect any of your other men to hit a shot. especially against a team that rotates as well as Boston. Dirk still hit two very big shots, that unfortunately were overshadowed by two very big shots that Pierce hit.

mavs>spurs2
02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't entirely agree with the OP. While I think he could have been more agressive, he was basically playing 1-on-5 on offense. every time he would look to drive or post up, they would send another guy or two at him, and either he would have to pass it out, or shoot a fade-away. its hard to play agressive when the entire defense is staring you down, and you really cant expect any of your other men to hit a shot. especially against a team that rotates as well as Boston. Dirk still hit two very big shots, that unfortunately were overshadowed by two very big shots that Pierce hit.

Exactly. And you know what the root of the problem is? Jason Kidd. Good player still, but a total offensive liability. He's the type of player who is only going to succeed on a more fast paced team with scorers around him to set up, and as you pointed out Dirk is the only Mav who can hit a shot. And since Dirk gets most of his points off of iso's, not back door cuts and things, Kidd in Dallas is redundant.

clambake
02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
You're sad, man.

How was Pierce doing when he was the only thing on that team, before the trades? People expect Dirk to drop 50/game and go undefeated. Anything less and they shit on the guy. Un-fucking-believable how fickle fans can be. Makes me sick.

i'm not fickle in the least. we know about the other guys/slackers.

i know he can't do it alone. but he is alone. he deserves better.

i saw a hint of "too much burden" in dirks game toward the end.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Exactly. And you know what the root of the problem is? Jason Kidd. Good player still, but a total offensive liability. He's the type of player who is only going to succeed on a more fast paced team with scorers around him to set up, and as you pointed out Dirk is the only Mav who can hit a shot. And since Dirk gets most of his points off of iso's, not back door cuts and things, Kidd in Dallas is redundant.

Plus the fact that Rajon Rondo destroyed him all game. Rajon fucking Rondo, a short skinny little bitch who can't shoot for shit, and he looks like freakin Oscar Robertson when Kidd is guarding him.

Baron Davis has speed to keep up with the faster PGs in the league and he can take some of the offensive burden off Dirk. It was stupid to reject that trade.

confined
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Replace Howard with Carter and we win the game by 10...
Dallas would be legit again with a second star player :lobt2:

mavs>spurs2
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Plus the fact that Rajon Rondo destroyed him all game. Rajon fucking Rondo, a short skinny little bitch who can't shoot for shit, and he looks like freakin Oscar Robertson when Kidd is guarding him.

Baron Davis has speed to keep up with the faster PGs in the league and he can take some of the offensive burden off Dirk. It was stupid to reject that trade.

Cuban is no longer concerned about winning, just his wallet. Baron Davis makes too much money. It wouldn't matter if Baron was still hitting one legged fadeaways from halfcourt all day, or taught Dirk the power of the beard.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM

He didn't shrink last night.

He made some tough shots...but with Boston's defense they were not going to let him win the game by himself.

Jason Terry was missed last night.

They could've ran that high pick-n-roll with Jason and Dirk and that's a deadly combo.

I think you are being a little unfair about Dirk. And this is coming from a Spurs fan.

Shank
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
I blame Dirk for the state of the economy.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
No, No, No. You misunderstood my post. I hated Devean, and now I cant stand Luke. They both have weak ankles and get credit for shit they dont do. And they both stuck the Lakers with rediculous contracts.

:lol I guess I skipped the word "least" in you're post.

clambake
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
He didn't shrink last night.
yes he did. i saw a small dose of quit in him.

He made some tough shots...but with Boston's defense they were not going to let him win the game by himself.
no argument here.

Jason Terry was missed last night.
none here, either.

They could've ran that high pick-n-roll with Jason and Dirk and that's a deadly combo.
if you say so.

I think you are being a little unfair about Dirk. And this is coming from a Spurs fan.
i think i'm being completely fair. he can't carry the team alone, and he showed that he recognized it.

he deserves better from the owner and GM.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
yes he did. i saw a small dose of quit in him.

no argument here.

none here, either.

if you say so.

i think i'm being completely fair. he can't carry the team alone, and he showed that he recognized it.

he deserves better from the owner and GM.

How can you determined a small dose of quit in him? C'mon now!! Unless you are some kind of psychiatrist or a Pastor with great spiritual gifts you can't tell that!!

He did what he could to help them win the game last night. He made some tough shots and he missed some. That will happen!

You can't play 1-on-5 and win consistently in this league. Michael Jordan found that out. Kobe Bryant found that out. Lebron James understands that as well. Tim Duncan knows that as well.

So I will still write...that you are being unfair about Dirk.

Plus, I've seen enough of Jason and Dirk on that high pick-n-roll and it works because both can make jump shots. So it is a deadly combo when they're on and last night's game would have helped because you have to make midrange jump shots against Boston's defense.

Shank
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Marhill wins. Dead-on.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
with the lineup of Kidd, Wright, George and Damp im sure that if dirk attempted to drive the ball there would have been 5 Celtics waiting for him. With that trash that was on the floor not even Kobe could do anything

TwinTowers
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
... every time he would look to drive or post up, they would send another guy or two at him, and either he would have to pass it out, or shoot a fade-away. ..

well, he does that even when being guarded by one man. The guy even did it with Tony Parker on him...Remember now?

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Marhill wins. Dead-on.

Thanks, Shank! :toast

I understand a superstar like Dirk will get some criticism. But he can't do everything and to say he choked last night was wrong in my opinion.

RedsLakers24
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
when you are missing Terry, then Howard gets ejected its hard to score because all the attention is on you, because he had no scoring help, Kidd sucks at shooting, and everyone else sucked, George, Wright, Dampier

clambake
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
i never said he choked.

he succumbed to the realization that he can't do it alone.

thats not choking.

scanry
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
How can you determined a small dose of quit in him? C'mon now!! Unless you are some kind of psychiatrist or a Pastor with great spiritual gifts you can't tell that!!

He did what he could to help them win the game last night. He made some tough shots and he missed some. That will happen!

You can't play 1-on-5 and win consistently in this league. Michael Jordan found that out. Kobe Bryant found that out. Lebron James understands that as well. Tim Duncan knows that as well.

So I will still write...that you are being unfair about Dirk.

Plus, I've seen enough of Jason and Dirk on that high pick-n-roll and it works because both can make jump shots. So it is a deadly combo when they're on and last night's game would have helped because you have to make midrange jump shots against Boston's defense.

Mavs fans are dumb as hell. They don't appreciate Dirk when plays his ass off, and yet defend him to death when he chokes against (the Warriors).

Yesterday Dirk Played almost 40 min, and it'll eventually wear him down. When players miss easy jumpshots, you have realize that fatigue is kicking in. Jason Kidd to the Mavs is like what Robert Horry was to the Spurs last post season. Teams are daring him to knock down a jupshot, and he can't make one to save his life.

If i were the Mavs I'd make a trade involving Dampier & Stackhouse for some one like Shaq or Marion. Hell i'll even ship J-Ho for Kaman or Camby. They need some shooters who can knock down shots. Camby-Kidd could be the Mavs version of CP3-Chandler.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:05 PM
i never said he choked.

he succumbed to the realization that he can't do it alone.

thats not choking.

you posted shrinking and that's very close to choking!

clambake
02-13-2009, 01:09 PM
i've never once said that he chokes. you don't know the difference.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
i've never once said that he chokes. you don't know the difference.

I didn't write you said he choked. Of course I know the difference.

But, you wrote you noticed "a small dose of quit" and "shrink" those are a very close to calling someone a choke and most people will interpret it that way.

clambake
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
choke is associated with fear. he's not afraid.

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Dirk played 40 minutes of one on five, scored 34 efficient points, toyed with KG and hit every big shot for the Mavs down the stretch when nobody else was producing anything.

For God's sake, he is not Superman. He is human, he will miss shots, the expectations for Dirk are unreal. No one, absolutely no single player, can be exptected to consistently beat other teams by himself.

And Kidd against good teams flat out sucks, he is a complete liability on offense, and gets killed by quick guards on defense.

de Soto
02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
mavs are born losers...the entire organization. That's all there is to it. They'll never win anything big. :rolleyes

LEONARD
02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice pink name, vaj...

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 04:02 PM
At no point in that game did I see Dirk "shrink"

He had a little FG drought... with like 1-2 in and outs too.

But that happens, shrinking would be if he stopped shooting. Its Boston people, not the Suns or Warriors or Queens or garbage no D team. They can lock you down on defense at times and it becomes especially painful when non-Dirk starters shoot 12-40 (30%).

13-28, 9-12, 37 PTS 8 REB against the best D in the league with little help? That's amazing, not shrinking.

I just hope we can bring in some pieces to ease the pressure.

This was more or less the same story we saw against Denver last month. Dirk had an amazing game (44 pts), but his teammates were shooting under 33% or something, and so we lost.