PDA

View Full Version : vince carter rumors again?

stretch
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
hearing vince carter to dallas rumors again.

supposedly howard and stack for VC

thoughts?

i wouldnt mind a shake-up. im mostly indifferent either way. i guess i would rather see the trade. i like shake-ups, especially since the mavs arent winning it all anyways. cleveland is. besides, doesnt VCs contract expire in 2010?

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
VC for J-ho = lateral move standings wise....you might be the 5th instead of the 7th and still be 1st round exit. VC's contract is up in 2011 and the other players involved are Dooling and Najera who have 2 and 3 yrs more on their deals

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
VC for J-ho = lateral move standings wise....you might be the 5th instead of the 7th and still be 1st round exit. VC's contract is up in 2011 and the other players involved are Dooling and Najera who have 2 and 3 yrs more on their deals

we love our team.

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
we love our team.

:lobt2:

Cry Havoc
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Do Mavs fans still hate Howard? What about teammates? If it gives them a chemistry boost, why not?

sribb43
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I thought Kidd didnt get along with VC towards the end of his stay in NJ

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought Kidd didnt get along with VC towards the end of his stay in NJ

As good as JHo as been playing I still love that trade until the moment I realize that Kidd and VC pretty much avoided each other during Kidd's last months in NJ.

duncan228
02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Breaking down Vince Carter trade rumors (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=517424)
Sean Deveney

It's no surprise that New Jersey is considering trading guard Vince Carter, even as he is having a renaissance season among a cast of very young players. Carter is averaging 20.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.9 assists this year, helping take the Nets to the brink of the East's eighth playoff seed. But his contract runs through the 2010-11 season, putting into jeopardy the Nets' plan to be a major free-agent player in the summer of 2010. Thus, New Jersey has been looking to move Carter since last summer.

What's somewhat surprising, though, according to league sources, is that the leading team in the hunt to acquire Carter is one that would not seem to be a natural fit: San Antonio.

"They would have to package a lot of salaries," an Eastern Conference team official said. "But as long as they don't have to give up any of their Big Three (Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker), it seems like that's the most likely spot for Vince."

This would be an atypical move for the Spurs, who are generally conservative with their payroll. Carter is slated to make more than $33 million over the next two seasons. And to get it done, a key to the deal would be Roger Mason Jr., who is averaging 11.9 points and shooting 44.9 percent from the 3-point line. Mason's clutch shooting has been a key for San Antonio this year, and giving him up will be difficult.

The Spurs are certainly not the only team pursuing Carter, though some potential deals have gone dormant lately. It was rumored that Carter could go to Cleveland or Portland, but, as a source close to the situation says, "any chance of those things happening is dead."

If Carter is dealt, he'll probably want to invest in a 10-gallon hat -- if he does not go to San Antonio, he will probably wind up with one of the other two Texas teams. The Mavericks are in the mix, offering Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse for Carter and a handful of other players. One source raised an interesting possibility: The Nets still own the rights to forward Bostjan Nachbar, who is averaging 15.4 points per game and shooting 53.3 percent for Dynamo Moscow. His rights could be included in a package.

The Rockets -- trying to rescue a disappointing season -- are interested in Carter, too, and would send Ron Artest's expiring contract to New Jersey.

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
cuban wants to be the nets now