PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard Tony Parker on Colin Cowherd's Radio Show

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I was just listening to Tony Parker on the Colin Cowherd's radio show.

He said he feels the Spurs need to get a big man to help out TD out.

Though, he likes the Spurs' chances to the win the west along with the Lakers.

Colin asked him if he thought that Utah and Portland can win the west and TP said no..flat out. Not this year with the Spurs and the Lakers. I know that Jazz and Blazers fans won't be happy about that! :lol

Colin liked the fact he was honest about it.

An okay interview.....

But, I do get a sense the Spurs will make a trade before the deadline. I don't know if it will be Sheed or Brad Miller or some other big.

:flag:

ManuTP9
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
haha Parker was telling the truth aboout Portland and Utah not winning the west

EricB
02-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Great, now Portland and Utah have Bulletin board material.

Keep your mouth shut Tony.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Maybe so....but he was honest!!!

:lol

FromWayDowntown
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM

Meh. He's right. At this point, anyone other than LA winning the West would be a shock; if that anyone other than the Lakers was a team other than the Spurs, I think most of the basketball world would be stunned.

And the bulletin board won't decide who wins a series.

And that sort of willingness to talk candidly about other teams comes from the top. This week's non-swimsuit issue of SI includes Pop's evaluation that the Celtics' margin for error is much smaller this year than last year and his assertion that the Celtics aren't as versatile as they were last year. Both are true statements, I think, but I'm not sure that either would be particularly well received in Boston.

m33p0
02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Colin asked him if he thought that Utah and Portland can win the west and TP said no..flat out.
*shakes head*
deron will burn tony to a crisp the next time they play.

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Feed the sheed

SenorSpur
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Colin should've asked TP if he was going to recruit his boy, Nicolas Batum, to sign with the Spurs as a FA in 3 years.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:08 PM
*shakes head*

Of course...Deron will play well the next time the Spurs play the Jazz.

But it still doesn't change the fact that Jazz or Blazers won't the west. He was right!

He answered the question honestly....at least we can get that from an athlete instead of the standard media-ready answers.

I appreciate that!

EricB
02-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Meh. He's right. At this point, anyone other than LA winning the West would be a shock; if that anyone other than the Lakers was a team other than the Spurs, I think most of the basketball world would be stunned.

And the bulletin board won't decide who wins a series.

And that sort of willingness to talk candidly about other teams comes from the top. This week's non-swimsuit issue of SI includes Pop's evaluation that the Celtics' margin for error is much smaller this year than last year and his assertion that the Celtics aren't as versatile as they were last year. Both are true statements, I think, but I'm not sure that either would be particularly well received in Boston.

Not so much a series, but what if the Spurs play the Jazz or Blazers in an important game down the stretch, now those guys have extra incentive to take em down in said game.

It's just foolish to babble like that to the media IMO.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Not so much a series, but what if the Spurs play the Jazz or Blazers in an important game down the stretch, now those guys have extra incentive to take em down in said game.

It's just foolish to babble like that to the media IMO.

EricB,

The Spurs along with the Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs are games the other teams will get up for.

Those other teams know they will have to play well...to beat the top teams.

The Spurs have had a target on their back for awhile.

I believe that's a little much ado about nothing.

He gave an honest opinion.

FreeMason
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Why would Cowantismallmarketherd even ask that?

It's not even up for debate that Utah and Por won't get close to sniffing finals.

Pretty dick thing for TP to say of his teammates on natl. radio unless a trade isn't happening. This gives me hope :hat

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Why would Cowantismallmarketherd even ask that?

It's not even up for debate that Utah and Por won't get close to sniffing finals.

Pretty dick thing for TP to say of his teammates on natl. radio unless a trade isn't happening. This gives me hope :hat

FreeMason,

You are making sound worse than what it is!

He was asked a direct question and he answer it.

I don't think he was taking a shot at his teammates about getting another big to help TD.

However, I do believe a trade will happen before the deadline.

spurs50_
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
I like the part when Tony told Cowturd that the only chance we have of acquiring Amare would be if they gave us a Christmas present like the one Memphis gave the Lakers with the Gasol "trade".....That was funny hearing him tell it like it is.

MarHill
02-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I like the part when Tony told Cowturd that the only chance we have of acquiring Amare would be if they gave us a Christmas present like the one Memphis gave the Lakers with the Gasol "trade".....That was funny hearing him tell it like it is.

Yeah that was funny!!!

:lol

EricB
02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Colin should've asked TP if he was going to recruit his boy, Nicolas Batum, to sign with the Spurs as a FA in 3 years.

Colin Cowherd couldn't tell you more than 3 players who play for the Blazers, let alone Nicolas Batum.

Cowherd is a retard when it comes to basketball.

I've stated my opinion when it comes to Cowherd.

Man In Black
02-13-2009, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3905144

ClingingMars
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Colin Cowherd is a douchebag.

-Mars

tlongII
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I got no problem with what Parker said. If the playoffs started today we would not win the West. I'm aware of that. However, we have more potential to get better than any other team. If we can raise our level of play we could have a shot come May.

FreeMason
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
MIB, thx for audio hook up!

TP's honesty is so refreshing in the sports talk world.

BlackBellamy
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I got no problem with what Parker said. If the playoffs started today we would not win the West. I'm aware of that. However, we have more potential to get better than any other team. If we can raise our level of play we could have a shot come May.

I dunno brah, three years ago Blazers= good rebuilding team with lots of young talent. Two years ago= wait til our rookies/2nd years develop further. Last year= wait til we get Oden. This year thus far= wait 'til Oden develops. There have been impressive flashes in there (last year's streak was nice, I'm sure) Your team is 'good', no doubt. As far as how 'great' the Blazers will end up being is speculative. Seems to me unless something is proven pretty soon someone in the Blazers' franchise is going to take your team to the chop shop. My only thought is to trade off some of your young talent for some vets. One man's opinion.

Strike
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM
*shakes head*

Maybe so. But it won't be in the playoffs with the Spurs being eliminated by the Jazz.

Jayem2
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM
tony is a cocky mofo...if only tim was the was same way, instead of being a giant baby.

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 04:55 PM
parker was being honest, no b.s. sugarcoating on his part.. you would have to be blind or a ver very large homer to think otherwise.. maybe he will be wrong though haha

anakha
02-13-2009, 05:19 PM
tony is a cocky mofo...if only tim was the was same way, instead of being a giant baby.

Whatever you say, emo boy.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-13-2009, 05:47 PM

Like you would actually tell him that.

Nathan Explosion
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Ask Kevin Love about Duncan being a giant baby.

tmtcsc
02-13-2009, 06:30 PM

Just what they needed to get them over the top ! Right....I know your kidding. :lol