PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Richard Jefferson to Portland???

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I've heard several rumors floated in the last 24 hours, including someone who speculated that the Blazers were talking with the Milwaukee Bucks about a deal that would send the Raef LaFrentz contract, Sergio Rodriguez, Travis Outlaw, and a draft pick to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour.

I think this trade will happen, out of all the rumors i think this one will soon be reality.. sad to see troutlaw and 50% of the spanish armada gone :( turn my frowns upside down jefferson!

read the rest
here :http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2009/02/john_tesh_the_nba_and_blazers.html

sribb43
02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
why is portland so intent on trading Outlaw. You would think after the Miles fiasco that they wouldnt be looking to adding payroll

JamStone
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I kinda like that trade for both teams. I think big picture, Portland sees Roy, Aldridge, and Oden all up for extensions in the next couple years with Outlaw's contract expiring after next season. It will be hard to convince Outlaw to re-sign at a reasonable price--this being his first chance at a big contract--that won't really hurt the flexibility to keep Roy, Aldridge, and Oden. Jefferson makes a lot for the next upcoming two seasons, but this is when you make a push to be a real championship contender and hope that will give Jefferson to re-sign at a more reasonable price, already having had a big contract.

Milwaukee once again got hit by injuries. But, Jefferson hasn't exactly been a piece that would have made them true contenders even in the East. Cut ties and get something for him. With the emergence of Ramon Sessions, Ridnour is also expendable. They'd get two young players with really good potential to help build the Bucks over the next couple seasons.

I like it for both teams if it goes down.

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea this trade will fill the very large gap in our starting sf spot.. defensively batum has been pretty good for a 19 year old rookie but with martell missing this whole season a lot of offense has also. Blake should be back after break but martell may be done for the rest of the regular season so I can see them trying to fill his spot. But troutlaw, man ill be sad to see him go.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
I love Outlaw. I said I would trade him for Odom, and I still would. Once Drew is back, Odom is off to the bench again.

BacktoBasics
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Portland needed a solid Vet.

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
so much for that elite PG?

Chieflion
02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Stupid trade.