PDA

View Full Version : Who's the MVP so far?

Supergirl
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Who has been the most valuable player so far this season?

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I thought LeBron had this in the bag, but I am starting to believe that Kobe deserves another one.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Right now, I have to say Kobe by the slightest of a hair. Take it for what it's worth from a Laker fan, but I am pretty un-bias.

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
i had lebron on top as well until this past couple weeks. either guy wont surprise me.

dont sleep on TD tho. if the spurs finish close to the lakers at season's end, i think he deserves holding down the fort while manu and tony were out.

with that said i think its going to be a kobe v lebron thing

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I thought LeBron had this in the bag, but I am starting to believe that Kobe deserves another one.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
probably Kobe, but how the hell is Dwyane Wade not listed, yet Howard, Garnett, & Duncan are?

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
probably Kobe, but how the hell is Dwyane Wade not listed, yet Howard, Garnett, & Duncan are?

same reason Dirk isn't, you don't win an MVP without an elite team record, no matter the stats you are putting up!

Supergirl
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Cause Wade's team isn't a real contender. Although, I was surprised to see that they're currently a playoff-bound team in the East. But I think that says more about the dearth of talent after the top 3 teams in the east than it does about the quality of the Heat's team.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
same reason Dirk isn't, you don't win an MVP without an elite team record, no matter the stats you are putting up!

Dirk shouldn't be listed because he isn't playing at an MVP level. He's playing great, but this probably isn't even one of his top 3 best years.

The Heat would be the worst team in the league without Dwyane Wade. He's far more valuable to his team than Kevin Garnett or Dwight Howard are to theirs.

JamStone
LeBron, with Kobe hot on his tail.

Still think it's LeBron's to lose at this point.

monosylab1k
Cause Wade's team isn't a real contender.

His team seems to beat all the real contenders out there. We'll see what happens come playoff time in the East.

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Dirk shouldn't be listed because he isn't playing at an MVP level. He's playing great, but this probably isn't even one of his top 3 best years.

The Heat would be the worst team in the league without Dwyane Wade. He's far more valuable to his team than Kevin Garnett or Dwight Howard are to theirs.

No, his best years are obviously 05-07, he will never replicate that. But he is 4th in the league in scoring, and having a lot of big nights so if you are mentioning players having good seasons, well Dirk definetely should be up there.

As far as the argument "team X would be really bad without player Y", I never agreed with that one. You are rewarding bad ownership if you give an MVP on those basis. And that is why it never really is used.

endrity
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
To me the performances of Kobe against the Spurs, Celtics, Cavs, (forget the NY game, I could care less about that) are the prime reason why Kobe has taken over. That and his team's record.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Lebron since his team has one of the top teams in the league and only 1 true All Star...when all the other top teams have 2 or 3

pauls931
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I like Lebron and hate Kobe, but so far I'd go with Bryant.

JamStone
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Lebron since his team has one of the top teams in the league and only 1 true All Star...when all the other top teams have 2 or 3

Cavalier backassward logic.

Cavs fans and the organization screaming Mo Williams deserved to be an all star, that he should have been selected by the coaches the first time around, that he's been a major reason for the Cavs success this season. But in order to pimp LeBron, Cavs fan downplays the fact that Mo Williams is not only an all star, but that since he is an all star, he isn't a true all star.

Backassward.

SpursDynasty
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
LeBron is not the MVP. An MVP would have won those games vs. the Lakers. Roger Mason is more of an MVP than LeBron.

tlongII
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
LeBron. Easily.

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Cavs fans and the organization screaming Mo Williams deserved to be an all star, that he should have been selected by the coaches the first time around, that he's been a major reason for the Cavs success this season. But in order to pimp LeBron, Cavs fan downplays the fact that Mo Williams is not only an all star, but that since he is an all star, he isn't a true all star.

Backassward.

+23425345353453

i have never seen a "fake all star" put up 40+ points in a matter of a couple weeks

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Backassward.

Still, even with 2 the other top teams in the league have one more....they replaced a Center for Mo Williams...they basically just made a spot up to put him in

DrHouse
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Kobe.

I'm biased.

Kobe™
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm at an impasse, I made my vote though.

Jayem2
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
kobe is gonna get back to back MVPS!

JamStone
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Still, even with 2 the other top teams in the league have one more....they replaced a Center for Mo Williams...they basically just made a spot up to put him in

Are you saying Mo Williams does not deserve to be an all star?

And, the Lakers have Kobe and Pau. No other all stars, true or fake or otherwise. By the way, LeBron has three former all stars as teammates in Z, Ben, and Wally.

In this thread, I even said LeBron is the MVP still. But, your logic and reasoning was so retarded, I had to call it out.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM

And, the Lakers have Kobe and Pau. No other all stars, true or fake or otherwise. By the way, LeBron has three former all stars as teammates in Z, Ben, and Wally.

In this thread, I even said LeBron is the MVP still. But, your logic and reasoning was so retarded, I had to call it out.

Mo doesn't deserve it the way the system is set up- you don't lose a Center to injury and place another guard in his spot. The team has like 6 guards and only 1 center

MiamiHeat
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
why the hell is Dwyane Wade not on your list?

JamStone
02-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Mo doesn't deserve it the way the system is set up- you don't lose a Center to injury and place another guard in his spot. The team has like 6 guards and only 1 center

You didn't answer the question. No qualifiers.

Do you think Mo Williams deserves to be an all star this year or not?

TwinTowers
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM
The player whose team has the best record at the end of the season will be the MVP, except if that teams happens to be the C's (Neither KG, Pierce, nor Ray has MVP numbers). Right now the race is:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron/TD
3. D Wade
4. D Howard

I expect Duncan and the Spurs to make more noise after the ASG. However, he won't win it; TD doesn't sell as many Jerseys as Kobe or Lebron (Otherwise he'd have 4+ MVP's already).

BRHornet45
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
gotta Chris Paul mind state

sook
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM

whats her name? in your sig

Austin_Toros
02-13-2009, 06:07 PM
LeBron should take out MVP. And if he doesn't he can just win it for the next decade...

mystargtr34
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Im going to say LeBron, but Kobe has closed the gap considerably. I think those two are cleae 1 and 2.

After that, i think Duncan deserves some mention, along with Wade, CP3 and Howard.

LeBron
Kobe
-------
Wade
Duncan
Howard
Paul

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
why the hell is Dwyane Wade not on your list?

have to agree with you there. i have him on my top 5

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 07:00 PM

yes he is.

/:whine

JoeTait75
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM

I'll answer that question: No. The only other guy on the roster who I thought was deserving was Z, and that was before he got hurt. Mo's addition has helped the team considerably, but his personal numbers are no better than they were in Milwaukee. And he still isn't a very good defender.

I voted for LeBron. I am biased.

BRHornet45
02-13-2009, 07:26 PM
whats her name? in your sig

LOL at you stealing my sig son!

hater
02-13-2009, 07:31 PM
gotta be fair and square.

gotta give it to Lebron. His team is ballin and he has the ball 80% of the time

Kobe #2. Duncan #3

porscha
02-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Kobe

Chieflion
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
It is LeBron's time.

Tully365
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I have to go with Lebron. If the Lakers lost Kobe they'd be in much better shape than the Cavs without Lebron. A team starting Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Ariza would probably make the playoffs, but I don't know if a team starting Z, Big Ben, West, and Mo would. They have practically the same record but Kobe has more help.

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 07:54 PM

son, its kobe. just because we are talking about today. and today kobe beat lebron twice, boston twice and that road trip and without bynum

Rogue
02-14-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL at you stealing my sig son!
it doesn't matter, your son will inherit all you have in the future anyway.

BRHornet45
02-14-2009, 02:36 AM
son, its kobe. just because we are talking about today. and today kobe beat lebron twice, boston twice and that road trip and without bynum

Andrea Tantaros son.

RsxPiimp
02-14-2009, 02:39 AM

nigga please. mo does not deserve that spot.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2009, 02:40 AM

:lol

RsxPiimp
02-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I have to go with Lebron. If the Lakers lost Kobe they'd be in much better shape than the Cavs without Lebron. A team starting Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Ariza would probably make the playoffs, but I don't know if a team starting Z, Big Ben, West, and Mo would. They have practically the same record but Kobe has more help.

doubt it. this is the west. i dont think a kobe-less lakers can win that 7th or 8th seed. utah and dallas are better than the lakers (w/o kobe)

TheNextGen
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
doubt it. this is the west. i dont think a kobe-less lakers can win that 7th or 8th seed. utah and dallas are better than the lakers (w/o kobe)

exactly. We all seen what happened when Kobe fouled out in the bobcats game. The Lakers didnt know what to do.

I vote Kobe. I based it on records and how Kobe or Lebron played against the top teams. Lakers beat the celtic twice and Cavs twice and Kobe played a big part on all those. He outshined Lebron. I'd have to go with Kobe.

ManuTP9
02-14-2009, 12:37 PM

:lol God Bless

TheNextGen
02-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Dirk knows whats up:

"You pick one," challenged Dirk. "They are all great players, that's why they're here. To me, Kobe [Bryant] is the best player in the world right now. Just to play with a closer like that, someone that can really take over a game when he wants to at a flip of a switch… He's really the only guy in the world that can do that when he wants and that's what makes him the best."

Kobe certainly is among the best, if not the best. At the same time, he is leading his Los Angeles Lakers team to a conference best, 42-10 and Dirk realizes that.

"If you look at the West," said Dirk. "The Lakers are a step above everybody else and they showed it the last two weeks. They won at New York, Boston, Cleveland and those are tough places to win. I think the Lakers are the best team in the West and other than that everybody else is right there. Everybody is playing pretty well, so we're all in that one step. We can beat anybody if we play hard and together, but if not, we can lose to anybody. I feel good; we had a good last two or three weeks with guys playing hard. We had a decent game yesterday, so I'm looking forward to the final 30 games.

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
LeBron is not the MVP. An MVP would have won those games vs. the Lakers. Roger Mason is more of an MVP than LeBron.

:nope