monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
pel3GE97evA

CuckingFunt
02-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I think I actually drooled.

JoeChalupa
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Looks good. I actually laughed though at Brad's voice.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Does this movie have any basis in reality?

CuckingFunt
02-13-2009, 05:07 PM

I haven't researched the subject, but I'm pretty confident in guessing that it does not.

Dr. Gonzo
02-13-2009, 05:11 PM

There was a WWII and there were Nazis.

That's probably about it.

EricB
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
That

looks

awesome....

BacktoBasics
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Looks to be a nice comeback for QT.

FreeMason
02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
This trailer reminds me of the 10th mountain division. U.S. going into the mountains to recruit outlaws, lumberjacks, the baddest of the bad mofos in the United States to take on the Nazis.

I doubt I'll be in a hurry to see this movie though.

E20
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Looks like shit.

Edit: I'm just kidding for hte ppel who thought i was beign serious. lol

TheTruth
02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks great.

mardigan
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmmm, staring the writer of The Office and the director of Hostel. Weird, but looks good.

mexicanjunior
02-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Anything Tarantino is a must see....

peewee's lovechild
02-13-2009, 08:46 PM
That looks badass.

TwAnKiEs
02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I think it was a remake of an older film.. looks good

spurs_2108
08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Tonight!! I'm going to the midnight showing.

Don't really know what to expect though. Its a Tarantino film so its gonna be epic.

lefty
08-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I think it's a remake of a French movie, " les 12 salopards " (the 12 bastards)

spurs_2108
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Inglourious Basterds is a 2009 war film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and released in August 2009 by The Weinstein Company and Universal Pictures. It was filmed in several locations, among them Germany and France, beginning in October 2008. The title of the film was inspired by Italian director Enzo Castellari's 1978 movie The Inglorious Bastards, but it is not a remake of that film, being set in Nazi-occupied France during World War II, and depicting a plan to assassinate the Nazi leadership.

lefty
08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Inglourious Basterds is a 2009 war film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and released in August 2009 by The Weinstein Company and Universal Pictures. It was filmed in several locations, among them Germany and France, beginning in October 2008. The title of the film was inspired by Italian director Enzo Castellari's 1978 movie The Inglorious Bastards, but it is not a remake of that film, being set in Nazi-occupied France during World War II, and depicting a plan to assassinate the Nazi leadership.

Yes it is

Tarantino said so in Letterman

spurs_2108
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm pretty sure its not a full remake. Quentin throws in his own creativity and makes it his own film. He adapts a lot of part from earlier films to. So to say its a remake, to an extent it is, but its a lot different.

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
someone find this thing online

SA210
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I am going to the midnight showing! :tu

SA210
08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
yIja0yValiE

:tu

eyeh8u
08-20-2009, 11:31 PM
someone find this thing online

cams sucks, always wait for at least the r5

holcs50
08-21-2009, 12:08 AM
this movie isn't a remake in any way-its a completely original screenplay written by QT...

Its got an 88% on RT, its going to be badass-just don't expect a action packed movie because its a dialogue/story driven movie...if you go in expecting KB action, it's not happening. Heard the script is amazing.

Lt. Aldo Raine
08-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Every forum member owes me 1 viewing of this movie!

mFFL03
08-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure if this is going to pay off. Jackie Brown was weak sauce, Kill Bill was great, but slowed in a lot of places.

and then there's Brad Pitt trying to act....

I'm looking forward to new quirky lines and characters though.

Heath Ledger
08-21-2009, 02:21 AM
So who saw it? Review?

SA210
08-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Just got back from watching it. I loved it. Brad Pitt was awesome. I didn't see one scene with Pitt in it that dissapointed.

The talking in the film dragged at times in different scenes and that's expected with QT. But man the awesome scenes were really awesome. Go watch it.

:tu:tu

Heath Ledger
08-21-2009, 04:00 AM
I did not care much for Pitts horrible fake ass country boy accent.

holcs50
08-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Wow, love it, loved it, loved it. Like i figured not a ton of action, but the dialogue and story were awesome. Waltz who plays the main bad guy Col Landa was amazing, pitt did a good job, pretty much great acting all around. I mean for a film this length and a lot of dialogue I figured i would get bored but I didn't want the damn movie to end-lots of funny parts in it. Also, I haven't been in a theatre that cheered as much as this in a long time-i rarely do, i think its kind of dumb but i even clapped a few times.

Ive seen a ton of movies this year and Im going to say this is my favorite with the hurt locker right there and district 9 and a few others behind that. Its seriously that rare movie that comes along every once in awhile that reminds you why I/we love movies. I highly recommend it to everyone-you won't be dissapointed.

PS try to see it in a crowded theatre makes it even more fun

LnGrrrR
08-21-2009, 08:24 AM
I did not care much for Pitts horrible fake ass country boy accent.

I figured the horrible accent was on purpose, in order to highlight the somewhat campiness of the whole movie/idea.

lefty
08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm pretty sure its not a full remake. Quentin throws in his own creativity and makes it his own film. He adapts a lot of part from earlier films to. So to say its a remake, to an extent it is, but its a lot different.

It's not a full remake.

And I'm really looking forward to the Tarantino touch.

Oh, and 12 bastards is actually a U.S movie, my bad

spurs_2108
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I was kinda disapointed. I was expecting more from the basterds too. Saying they needed to return with nazi scalps and only showing a few scenes of them removing them... I expected a lot more action. It had its funny parts, but I was just expecting something epic to happen. I thought Waltz stole the show. He is oscar worthy. I'd still say its probably towards the bottom on my QT top list.

ididnotnothat
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Watching it this weekend.

JoeChalupa
08-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I'll see if I can catch it online.

mexicanjunior
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll watch it next week...

Dr. Gonzo
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
It was a really good movie. Some parts lagged but overall it was really good. One of the better movies I saw all summer.

CuckingFunt
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I loved every minute of it. There was one song that felt out of place and unnecessary, which was surprising because I normally love Tarantino's use of music, but I otherwise have no real complaints.

I must admit, I'm surprised by the people who wanted more action or more gore from this film, as if they've come to expect it from Tarantino. I think his films have a reputation for being, or are remembered as being, far more violent than they actually are. With the exception of Kill Bill v. 1, his pace has always been fairly slow and deliberate -- long stretches of dialogue punctuated with short bursts of action/violence -- and this fit right in with that style.

EricB
08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Not a big fan of gore and IMO the thought of seeing someone's scalp get taken off is not appealing.

Sorry.

Glad to hear you guys liked it though :)

Vinnie_Johnson
08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I loved it well done a tad bit long but well done.

WildcardManu
08-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Waltz stole the show. He is oscar worthy. I'd still say its probably towards the bottom on my QT top list.

Yeah, I walked out with that same thought, Waltz did an awesome job with this character.

BlackSwordsMan
08-23-2009, 01:08 PM
going in a couple of hours =]

jman3000
08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I liked it a lot... even though knowing that a twist or two was going to occur I could see the major twist coming from a ways out.

I'd say the only parts that really dragged for me were some of the scenes with the cinema owner and nazi hero. All the other dialogue heavy scenes were filled with tension and were leading somewhere..... also maybe parts of the card game with the drunks dragged a bit... but the 2nd half made up for it.

johnsmith
08-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Kick ass movie.

BlackSwordsMan
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
pretty good movie
don't go in expecting historical accuracy

SA210
08-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I want to see it again, I'll go again sometime this week. :tu

Twisted_Dawg
08-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Saw it. Loved it. Vintage Tarantino.

From the dialogue, to the close ups, to the sound track.

This one will rank with Resovoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction. Loved Tarantino paying repect to Samuel Jackson and Harvey Keitel for the use of their voices. Nice touch of going old school (of course) with David Bowie's song.

Christoph Waltz playing Col. Hans Landa was strong. Brad Pitt was excellent and I am not a Brad Pitt fan.

For those of you who like to taste your coffee, you'll love this movie.

scott
08-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm a Tarantino homer, so of course I loved it. Great stuff. Loved the sometimes unnecessary dialogue as well. That's what makes Taratino who he is.

koriwhat
08-24-2009, 02:46 AM
just got back from that movie.... fuckin' AWESOME!

BlackSwordsMan
08-24-2009, 07:01 AM
There was one song that felt out of place and unnecessary, .

I think I know the part and I agree
The part where soshanna is getting ready?

ATRAIN
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I loved every minute of it.

I must admit, I'm surprised by the people who wanted more action or more gore from this film, as if they've come to expect it from Tarantino. I think his films have a reputation for being, or are remembered as being, far more violent than they actually are. With the exception of Kill Bill v. 1, his pace has always been fairly slow and deliberate -- long stretches of dialogue punctuated with short bursts of action/violence -- and this fit right in with that style.

Saw it. Loved it. Vintage Tarantino.

From the dialogue, to the close ups, to the sound track.

This one will rank with Resovoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction. Loved Tarantino paying repect to Samuel Jackson and Harvey Keitelon for the use of their voices. Nice touch of going old school (of course) with David Bowie's song.

I'm a Tarantino homer, so of course I loved it. Great stuff. Loved the sometimes unnecessary dialogue as well. That's what makes Taratino who he is.

my words exactlly........this movie was an instant classic. I caught Kietels voice in there, but where was Jacksons?

ATRAIN
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM

I actually really liked the music in the movie.

coyotes_geek
08-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Not enough Basterd in Inglorious Basterds. I expected a little bit more in your face killing in this movie. As usual, Quinten over-kills the dialogue scenes, but that's what separates him from other directors. I loved the German Lieutenant and his mannerisms, I felt he carried the show, and would have liked to see more of a strategic battle between him and the Basterds.

Half of the movie was in sub-titles, so if you don't like that, then you don't want to see this flick. Overall, this was a funny movie, and I'll catch it on bluray.

Pretty much my take as well. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but I too was expecting more 'Basterd' in it. Not simply showing more violence by them, but more in terms of developing who they are and how they got their reputation. First you get Aldo Raine giving his speech about forming the unit and then all of a sudden they're interrogating some prisoners and everyone in Germany has heard of them. I thought that was way too huge of a leap there. The movie needed something inbetween those two scenes to help tie everything together.

KenMcCoy
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Loved every minute of it. Never felt like a 2 1/2 hour movie. The german lieutenant was awesome...awards material.

Twisted_Dawg
08-24-2009, 09:29 AM
my words exactlly........this movie was an instant classic. I caught Kietels voice in there, but where was Jacksons?

About two thirds into the movie, a narrator's voice speaks and it is that of Jackson. He was not credited nor do I think Keitel was who was the General's voice on the phone at the end of the movie.

See Jackson's #12 movie listing:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000168/

Twisted_Dawg
08-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Well said, CF. Well said.

ATRAIN
08-24-2009, 09:37 AM
About two thirds into the movie, a narrator's voice speaks and it is that of Jackson. He was not credited nor do I think Keitel was who was the General's voice on the phone at the end of the movie.

See Jackson's #12 movie listing:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000168/

You know I remember what your talking about and I thought it sounded like him but I wasnt sure.

jack sommerset
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
It was good but some scenes were a bit boring

CuckingFunt
08-24-2009, 09:49 AM

Exactly.

I love the song on its own, and liked the sequence in general, but it just felt really out of place with the rest of the music in the film. Had the visuals been backed by more of Morricone's work, for example, I think it would have worked better, but the Bowie song just took me out of the movie for a bit.

CuckingFunt
08-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Sam Jackson was used for the brief moments of narration. When the audience is given the story of Hugo Steiglitz, for example.

BlackSwordsMan
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Where were the rest of the basterds? You only see 5 in the end. I counted 9 in the beginning not including the german they rescue

There was also an old lady in front of me who kept looking away when something gorey would happen :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2009, 12:10 AM
i give this movie a solid eh..............
it was entertaining.

LuvBones
08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Best movie so far this year... and this is coming from someone who's not a fan of Tarantino. :p:

Cry Havoc
08-25-2009, 02:14 AM
I did enjoy this movie, but the ending caught me off-guard, with the theatre (won't say more to prevent spoilers).

The movie had a pretty solid routine of tension building, mini-climax, tension building, mini-climax, and then the end comes and it just is what it is. The ending seemed a little over the top as well, but that's just QT doing his thing, I guess.

Great movie, but I don't think it's at the top of my list so far this year.

SA210
08-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Best movie so far this year... and this is coming from someone who's not a fan of Tarantino. :p:

Hey how are you? Just saw it tonight for the 2nd time. Love it :tu

leemajors
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
one of my good buddies ran across a review of this that described tarantino perfectly. He makes really good scenes, but kinda sucks at putting together a cohesive narrative story.

monosylab1k
08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
finally got around to seeing this, and really enjoyed it. It's Tarantino, so I was expecting 15 minute long scenes of people just talking and didn't mind it. The tension in some of those scenes was great, and the Hans Landa character was awesome. When all he has to do is order a glass of milk and it sends a chill up your spine, that's good stuff.

v2freak
08-30-2009, 12:18 PM
It was alright. Definitely on the long side.

da_suns_fan
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Saw it this weekend and give it four stars.

Best Performances:

1) German COLONEL Hans Landa (NOT Lieutenant).

2) The German actress playing the German actress Bridget von Hammersmark. She's super hot too.

What was with MIKE MYERS?!!!!!!! Did anyone else catch him as the English Commanding Officer?

da_suns_fan
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM

anakha
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
The tension in some of those scenes was great, and the Hans Landa character was awesome. When all he has to do is order a glass of milk and it sends a chill up your spine, that's good stuff.

+1,000

You know you've done a scene right when the character and the entire theater audience share that same instant of terror.

BlackSwordsMan
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
when he ordered the milk people in the crowd went ''UHHHHHHHHHH'

BlackSwordsMan
08-31-2009, 02:31 PM
the mike myers scene was shitty didn't get the point to it

Fpoonsie
08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
"Oooooh! That's a BINGO!"

Awesome movie. Tha most fun I've had at the theater in a long time.

Twisted_Dawg
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
the mike myers scene was shitty didn't get the point to it

Saw it this weekend and give it four stars.
What was with MIKE MYERS?!!!!!!! Did anyone else catch him as the English Commanding Officer?

Yeah, what was up with Tarantino using Mike Myers in this movie? I respect him using Keitel, Jackson, et al in his movies....but Mike Myers?

BlackSwordsMan
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
a couple of people chuckled when he came on screen I guess they figured he would spew out some one liners, he didn't instead delivered a bad british accent

gatoloco
09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
fantastic flick!

Mark in Austin
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
saw it this weekend & enjoyed it. Thought it was Brad Pitt's best performance. I kinda got the feeling that I was watching a Tarantino tribute to the Cohen Bros, though. There's some really screwball stuff in this one, which made it more uneven than I'm used to a QT movie being. Pulp Fiction had some serious twists and turns plot-wise, but tonally I thought it was much more consistant than Basterds.

Texas_Ranger
09-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Saw it yesterday, and it was great. I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt, but he was pretty good in this movie.

sonic21
09-02-2009, 08:40 AM
great movie, Landa was awesome

makedamnsure
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
As a girl, I knew I would be turning my head at the blood that most of QT's movies have, but this wasn't so bad. Brad was pretty funny, but The Jew Hunter/Killer stole the show.

caribbean_spur
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Just saw it and loved very bit of it!

sonic21
09-07-2009, 06:05 AM
i didn't like diane krugger's acting before this movie, but she was good.

mFFL03
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
nothing really special for me.

Hans (absolutely amazing) and the bar scene was the best in the movie, everything else was tarantino off his game....WAY off his game IMO.

jaffies
09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Please let me know if I'm the only one that was expecting Ryan to start the fire.

Xylus
09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
please let me know if i'm the only one that was expecting ryan to start the fire.

Temp!

whottt
12-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Just rented it, never read the reviews, not even this thread, or saw more than one trailer for it. I had absolutely no idea there was going to be a peformance like the one Waltz gave in this movie....what an absolutely brilliant job.

First thing I did after the movie was over was go look and see who the hell it was playing that role and try and figure out why I had never heard of him before.

In a movie full of scalpings, knifings, baseball bats to the head...by far the most chilling scene was a guy ordering a glass of milk. That's pretty amazing. He definitely deserves an Oscar for that performance. Deserves the Best Actor Oscar for it.

This movie was a cut above most of Tarantino's efforts and the performance of Waltz is the main reason why.

slayermin
12-19-2009, 08:32 AM
In a movie full of scalpings, knifings, baseball bats to the head...by far the most chilling scene was a guy ordering a glass of milk. That's pretty amazing. He definitely deserves an Oscar for that performance. Deserves the Best Actor Oscar for it. .

Switching from french to english was pretty cool. In french Landa almost seemed trustworthy but when he started to speak english, you knew something bad was gonna happen.

BlackSwordsMan
12-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I rented this movie to watch it again was no where as near as good as the first time. The suspense was gone.

leemajors
12-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I rented this movie to watch it again was no where as near as good as the first time. The suspense was gone.

Sounds like almost every other one of his movies.

BlackSwordsMan
12-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I still watch pulp fiction and kill bill vol 1.

slayermin
12-19-2009, 02:29 PM
For me, I can watch Pulp and Jackie Brown over and over again.

JoeChalupa
12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
RedBox time.

Trainwreck2100
12-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I still watch pulp fiction and kill bill vol 1.

Kill Bill 2 was so bad

Also the nazi guy is the bad guy on the green hornet movie, which will suck because Seth Rogen is playing the title character. He was also GQs villain of the year

sook
12-30-2009, 01:30 AM
this movie fucking sucked.

dirk4mvp
12-30-2009, 01:37 AM
This movie was a cut above most of Tarantino's efforts and the performance of Waltz is the main reason why.

:tu Best character of the movie easily.

Lt. Aldo Raine
12-30-2009, 01:49 AM
:tu Best character of the movie easily.
Son, this disappoints me. I never thought you'd turn your back on me and support some sauerkraut sandwich eatin' Natzi.

Venti Quattro
12-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Movie is good but they could've done away with less dialogue and more action.

whottt
12-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Movie is good but they could've done away with less dialogue and more action.

Translation: I can't read well enough to keep up with the subtitles.

desflood
12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
RedBox time.
Beware: My in-laws tried that and ended up with the old Inglorious Bastards, which has nothing to do with this one. The title spelling is just a bit different - I'm sure they were counting on that to make some money on an old movie nobody wants to see. Don't be like my in-laws - pay attention :lol

fraga
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Saw it...thought it was aight...NOT what I was expecting...

Rip-Hamilton32
02-13-2010, 05:18 PM
i enjoyed it, just seen it last week

Spurminator
02-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Best movie of the year, IMO

JoeChalupa
08-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Watched this Saturday night. :tu :tu :tu