PDA

View Full Version : Amare to Cleveland

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:07 PM
There are 2 reliable sources that are reporting that the Cavs and Suns are close to a deal that would send Amare to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and Wally.

Take it for what it's worth, but he works inside the organization and has been almost dead on with every leak he has given

Also, the big hang up is that teams are shying away from giving away too much because they fear that Amare won't resign. It has been confirmed that this week sometime the Cavs asked him if he would resign in 2010 if the opportunity was there. It was just confirmed they asked, which may or may not be a big deal

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=17335

'Just returned from lunch, and when I got back to my hotel room, I have had my cell charging while I was out, I got three calls from JJ and his agent. Apparently, they are getting wind of some things, and are calling to see if I've heard anything regarding him, and potential moves being discussed.

Obviously, being on the road, I'm out of the loop to an extent, but, obviously somethings been whirling around in the NBA circles regarding JJ ...

Really a tough situation for him to go through so early on in his 1st season, he's apparently very anxious over all that must be going on right now, as far as the rumor mill.

Did something break on ESPN as far as speculation ?

I can't go into too much detail as to who else called, but a close relative who also has a job in the NBA but not with the Cavs, called and has heard we're one of the top destinations for Amare, in that he's signaled that he would sign longterm with us if the opportunity presented itself.

Which leaves me mystified to say the least ... I didn't see this one on my radar at all ... I've just never really taken any of those rumors seriously at all. Didn't see us with the assets, or much desire due to certain issues that I'll go into if need be ...

But, obviously for a team that's been saying they are content to stay put, we certainly have a GM that is working alot of tradelines with multiple teams at the moment.

I feel like maybe I should change my travel itinerary, and instead of heading back to Cleveland, make a quick jaunt out to Phoenix ...lol.'

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
It is over for the league if this happens.

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
This trade could almost guarantee phoenix the 9th seed and make the playoff race in the west much easier.. I say do it!!! Amare is going to ride lebrons ass to a few champoinships now.

sook
02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
bullfucking shit!!! Don't tell me the suns want to help the cavs out so much that they won't eventake lamarcus aldridge...

The Suns could almost fersure get wayyyy more than that for Amare

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
That's almost as one-sided as the Gasol deal.

IronMexican
This makes Cleveland contenders.

Thunder Dan
Also, the word is that they won't make the trade before the All Star Game because Amare is a starter for the West in Pheonix, the Suns want to save a little face. Apparently Miami was the leader, but after this morning the deal to Cleveland was locked in and will become official minutes after the ALL Star Game

again, all just hearsay, but from reliable sources

RedsLakers24
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
WTF, Big Z, Amare, Lebron, West, Williams

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Steve Kerr is a former Cav. Collusion.

IronMexican
There should be a comity to look over trades this lopsided.

xtremesteven33
If its true.....Cleveland will plow their way to the Finals.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
i hope it's true. Id prefer the Cavs get a bogus trade and win the championship rather than the Fakers and their Gasol crap.

SpursDynasty
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
I wish regular ST posters could lock trade rumor threads, 99% of them are never true.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM

you guys are missing why the Cavs are getting a deal, it's b/c Amare told the Cavs he would resign- all the other teams and reluctant to give their offers because he won't tell them. That is why the Grizzlies wouldn't trade for him, and appears to be why the Trailblazers won't

Bucher was just on ESPN radio and said the Cavs are the leaders to get Amare with another option being the Bulls- but the Bulls are trying to package Larry Hughes

Ed Helicopter Jones
I thought people used to say that Steve Kerr was a smart player. What happened to his brain when he became a GM?

FreeMason
Guys, we're talking about Amare.

BFD.

DPG21920
Is this not almost the same trade I came up with weeks ago?

BacktoBasics
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't buy this for one second. I know they want at least once workable piece in return.

sook
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
im calling bullshit on this. Steve Kerr is not THAT STUPID. Teams have offered way better packages than this.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-13-2009, 05:24 PM
My brother was reading me some of the supposed offers for Amare that were listed in the AZ Republic. This one wasn't even on the list, and there were tons of big name players being discussed. Amare is a huge trading asset for Phoenix, and I seriously doubt that they're going to let him go for a bag of chips and HITA.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Bill Simmons wrote that:

Quote:
J.J. Hickson: My favorite under-the-radar rookie and a legitimate 2009 Playoff X Factor. If he played for the Lakers, L.A. fans would be comparing him to a young Karl Malone right now.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Bill Simmons wrote that:

you can stop there.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I mean it could be totally bogus, but it could be true- I just know that poster and he doesn't just make shit up

Behrooz24
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I wish regular ST posters could lock trade rumor threads, 99% of them are never true.

Ignore them? You bitch a lot.

scanry
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
This makes Cleveland contenders.

More like contenders for a Dynasty...

But seriously, Amare for Wally & Hickson is like :wow:wow:wow for the Lakers, Celtics & the Spurs.

scanry
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM

I think it's even worse. :lol

Stern is smiling as we speak.:bang

endrity
02-13-2009, 05:41 PM
If this happens it's because this is Sarver calling the shots, not Kerr. And that means that with Wally's huge expiring deal, he wants to save a lot of money. If it's Kerr calling the shots, no way he doesn't accept the deal that Portland is offering centering around Aldrige. But from what I have read, it seems like Sarver wants to save money in the recession, and so I guess he will take the Cleveland offer.

What's great for the Cavs is that next year, they also have a huge expiring contract from Ben Wallace, and with Amare in the team they already have the big man they wanted so Wallace can be dealt for a huge piece next year as well.

I know very well Amare's shortcomings, especially on defense which is what the Cavs have prided themselves on, but this is one scenario where I could see him get serious about it. As much as he loves himself, he knows LeBron is and will be a bigger star, so he can't say much about being the Man, but he also might understand that the best way for him to go down in history will be by winning a few rings alongside LeBron.

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 05:47 PM
LMAO!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9376/overninethousanddz1.gif

JonG
02-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Steve Kerr is also a moron, which could just as easily be an explanation.

JamStone
02-13-2009, 05:54 PM
The word "reliable" gets tossed around quite a bit around this time.

Not saying there's no way it goes down, but I find it pretty unlikely.

xtremesteven33
02-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I doubt it happens.

Cleveland REALLY needs a SG. Vince Carter would be perfect for them.

Austin_Toros
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
the Gasol equivalent of the Eastern Conference!

gaKNOW!blee
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I doubt it happens.

Cleveland REALLY needs a SG. Vince Carter would be perfect for them.

No they dont.

jack sommerset
02-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Please tell me this is true. I'm loving Kerr more and more:lol

ManuTP9
02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
anything can happen

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I mean it could be totally bogus, but it could be true- I just know that poster and he doesn't just make shit up

LOL, this is classic. First, off VERY RELIABLE sources report it. Then, it turns into, "This could be made up but it could be true." A week from now we'll forget about this thread.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Bill Simmons wrote that:

Quote:
J.J. Hickson: My favorite under-the-radar rookie and a legitimate 2009 Playoff X Factor. If he played for the Lakers, L.A. fans would be comparing him to a young Karl Malone right now.

How cute, now please explain why that matters.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:44 PM
And Amare wouldn't help Cleveland at all. Within a week he'd be bitching about how Lebron hurts his gorilla game and how he wants to be GORILLA MAN!!!

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
yea i call bs. the suns have said they dont want just to get an expiring contract. they wanted a young stud, expiring contracts and draft picks. hickson is far from a stud, and the cavs picks are too appealing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Is this the "very reliable" source?

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I think it's even worse. :lol

Stern is smiling as we speak.:bang

if it happens its definitely worse lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
yea i call bs. the suns have said they dont want just to get an expiring contract. they wanted a young stud, expiring contracts and draft picks. hickson is far from a stud, and the cavs picks are too appealing.

Well I guess since Bill Simmons said Hickson is a stud, he's a stud. At least Thunder Dan thinks so anyway.

JoeTait75
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Is this the "very reliable" source?

The thread starter is close to the team. He's a reliable source whether you want him to be or not.

J Zone
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
lmaooooo oo

why in the hell would phoenix fuck themselves over like this.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
The thread starter is close to the team. He's a reliable source whether you want him to be or not.

How do you know he's close to the team? Because he said so?

He's probably just a 15 year old nerd who needs attention and likes to fabricate rumors.

Has there ever been a trade before that he told you guys about early on?

Kobe™
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
I see no logic in this.

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Well I guess since Bill Simmons said Hickson is a stud, he's a stud. At least Thunder Dan thinks so anyway.

oh snapppp. ok ill just shut up then

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, expiring contracts, young talent (Hickson), and possibly even draft picks.

Makes sense, but... Hickson? really

Portland and Chicago could field better packages than that.

I will say, if Amare somehow winds up in Cleveland, it's over for the league.

We can surmise Amare will ruin team chemistry, ruin the team with his ego, etc etc.

but to get such a talent without giving out anything of substance, when your team is already 40-11. Just wowza

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I will say, if Amare somehow winds up in Cleveland, it's over for the league.

Amare will do for Cleveland what Terrell Owens did for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Banzai
02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/31/hahawaitwhat-cd4.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3025)

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
A possibility, sure.

It's also a possibility he becomes motivated about winning a championship, and Cleveland blitzes through the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
It's also a possibility he becomes motivated about winning a championship, and Cleveland blitzes through the playoffs.

Amare's been my bitch ever since he ruined the Sun's title chances in 2007, and trust me when I say this guy will never be motivated to play for a team. The only team Amare has ever played for in his life is team Amare.

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
In fairness to Amare, that suspension was ticky tack bullshti technicality if I ever saw one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
In fairness to Amare, that suspension was ticky tack bullshti technicality if I ever saw one.

It definitely was but Duncan was on the bench at the time and didn't flinch. Amare had no reason to do what he did, it was his low BBall I.Q. and low I.Q. in general.

vicphoenix13
02-13-2009, 07:20 PM
That trade proposal is garbage. Kerr and Sarver know that Suns fans will revolt if they take that garbage from Cleveland for Amare. Not only that, but Steve Nash would immediately demand a trade. Now, it could be that Shaq is going to the Cavs for Szczerbiak and Hickson. That would achieve Sarver's goal of dumping payroll.

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
kerr looks like a geek therefore i cant question his intelligence. this trade,should it be true at all, is worse than the gasol trade. at least the grizz got a nice prospect with marc gasol. jj hickson is nothing.

KidCongo
02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
This source broke the Mo Williams trade and the developments in it. He also knew the Cavs were goin to take Hickson, if some of the other names they liked were off they board.

Hickson has All-Star potential if developed right. NBA ready body at 19 years of age, springs for legs. Devloping post moves. He has come a fair way this year in his short time with the Cavs.

lurker
02-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Amare Stoudemire thinks he is going to be traded. But he can't be 100 percent sure. "I would say it's 60-40," Stoudemire said Friday afternoon. "Who knows? They might keep me."

Stoudemire wore a mischievous smile as he spoke of the Suns keeping him, seeming to indicate that he'd be pretty surprised if he were not moved by Thursday's trading deadline. Throughout an extended session with reporters in advance of the NBA's All-Star Weekend, Stoudemire seemed to understand why, exactly, Phoenix was considering moving him. He said general manager Steve Kerr had explained to him the ramifications of not making a move. "It is all from the financial standpoint," Stoudemire said. "It has nothing to do with anyone's basketball skills."

But, later, Stoudemire explained that the Suns' choice of direction did not make sense to him. "I don't understand it," he said. "They're doing this because they want to fix the team. So you're talking about trading a young All-Star big man. How is that rebuilding? There seems to be two different directions here. Is it about money? Or is it about making the team better?

"To me, this is a low blow. I worked hard for the organization. I have done everything they have asked of me. I am not out there getting into trouble. I am not out all night. I have not gotten DUIs. There is nothing you can say about my character. So, to trade me for pretty much nothing? I don't get it."

The Stoudemire drama comes after the Suns struggled through a difficult first half of the season, falling far short of their championship aspirations. Phoenix is just 28-23, a game out of the playoff mix. The team has struggled to adjust to new coach Terry Porter, who took over after Mike D'Antoni left for New York last spring. Stoudemire was asked about Porter's job performance and didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement. "The fun is missing," Stoudemire said. "We don't have the freeness anymore. We used to just go out there and play and have fun playing. That's not quite there now."

It seems certain that the Suns will do something with Stoudemire, who -- unlike just about every player in the league -- admits that he has, indeed, paid attention to the rumors. He says he has heard that Chicago, Cleveland and Miami are possible destinations, though with the Heat making a deal that sent Shawn Marion to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal, the Bulls appear to be the frontrunners.

Asked about the possibility of playing with Chicago rookie point guard Derrick Rose, Stoudemire laughed and said, "Steve Nash is my point guard. For now."

Stoudemire, of course, is not the only player dealing with trade rumors. In Toronto, the Raptors repeatedly have denied that they'd consider trading big man Chris Bosh. But, Bosh says, he is well aware of the chatter. "Of course you hear things," Bosh said. "But I like talking about basketball. I don't like talking about trades and free agency and all of that. I am just not interested."

According to someone who would know -- Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, who was traded out of Minnesota before last season -- it could be that a trade is just the thing Stoudemire needs. "A trade is not always a bad thing," Garnett said. "Once you get past the negative, the little things -- leaving your surroundings, your house, your backyard, all of those things -- it could be better for you. For me, it was cleansing. It could be that way for him, too."

Stoudemire seems to understand that; he is flattered by the attention from other teams. "It is OK with me," Stoudemire said. "I've got 20 teams calling my agent every day asking about me. It feels good to have that. Maybe a change will be good."

That remains uncertain. But what looks increasingly certain is that some kind of change is heading Stoudemire's way.

Brickhouse
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
This source broke the Mo Williams trade and the developments in it. He also knew the Cavs were goin to take Hickson, if some of the other names they liked were off they board.

Hickson has All-Star potential if developed right. NBA ready body at 19 years of age, springs for legs. Devloping post moves. He has come a fair way this year in his short time with the Cavs.

I'm sure you're ejaculating over the prospect of this trade (which Cav fan wouldn't) but :lmao at attempting to make it seem any less lop-sided than it is

mavs>spurs2
02-13-2009, 07:59 PM
If this goes down, it's the final straw that convinces me this league is rigged

Ghazi
02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
If teh 2006 Finals didn't convince you the league isn't rigged I dont know what will ;)

KidCongo
02-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sure you're ejaculating over the prospect of this trade (which Cav fan wouldn't) but :lmao at attempting to make it seem any less lop-sided than it is

Any trade that has the financial goals of the franchise as the top priority will be lopsided.

If Sarver was smart about his money he wouldn't have traded for Shaq.

baseline bum
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Remember when the Suns fans used to praise Sarver as an exciting owner? :lmao I think I'd rather have a guy who would pay to build a title contender like Holt than some jerkoff who does dunks off trampolines during timeouts.

vicphoenix13
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Remember when the Suns fans used to praise Sarver as an exciting owner? :lmao I think I'd rather have a guy who would pay to build a title contender like Holt than some jerkoff who does dunks off trampolines during timeouts.

Actually, Suns fans have never been thrilled with Sarver as the owner. There are alot of fans who wished Colangelo still owned the team.

picnroll
02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Soon to be followed by Ferry hiring Kerr as coach of the Cavs.

Ferry and Kerr out West West and the BS Gasol trade.

tomtom
02-13-2009, 08:26 PM
wtf is this shit. ill be pissed if this is true

mavs>spurs2
02-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Seems like when the NBA wants to see a team succeed for marketing purposes, those teams so happen to get superstars for free

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I didn't make it up, the Cleveland plain dealer and espn are both saying that the rumor of the cavs landing amare has blown up..

And duncanowns shaq or whatever your name is, chill out dude- again you are acting like a 5 year old. The guy is a solid source, you can hate the trade all you want but I just didn't make it up

manufor3
02-13-2009, 09:44 PM

ducks
02-13-2009, 09:47 PM

the rule was in place for several seasons before he broke it

vicphoenix13
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I didn't make it up, the Cleveland plain dealer and espn are both saying that the rumor of the cavs landing amare has blown up..

And duncanowns shaq or whatever your name is, chill out dude- again you are acting like a 5 year old. The guy is a solid source, you can hate the trade all you want but I just didn't make it up

I am sorry, but Kerr won't be making that deal. If they don't get a good return for Amare, there are alot of season ticket holders who won't renew. What I could see happening is Shaq going to Cleveland.

jack sommerset
02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
To nuts. I don't think Thunder Dan made this up but no way that is happening

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
LMAO!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9376/overninethousanddz1.gif

That's not LMAO worthy, Goku went over 9000 with the kayoken not went he went supersayan

ducks
02-13-2009, 10:43 PM
and james still gets swepted by spurs in finals

Rogue
02-13-2009, 10:48 PM
amare for wally and hickson = a garbage contract for an expiring garbage contract and filler

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 12:33 AM

I'm not saying you made it up, I'm saying the 15 year old who likes to fabricate rumors who claims to be "close to Cleveland" completely made it up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Hickson has All-Star potential if developed right.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I'm sure this is why Cleveland fans are busting a nut over trades that involve him. If he's so good then why would they trade him? This is literally just like Laker fans talking up Javaris Crittenton to justify the Gasol trade.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm not saying you made it up, I'm saying the 15 year old who likes to fabricate rumors who claims to be "close to Cleveland" completely made it up.

But he's not. This guy has been working with the Cavs for the past few years. He is fairly involved in the scouting department too IIRC.

It would be stupid of him to reveal his real identity to a Cavs forum. The guy is hailed and treated as a God. He really only talks about trades if there is something in the works, that has a good chance of happening.

Why are you so offended?

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 03:08 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I'm sure this is why Cleveland fans are busting a nut over trades that involve him. If he's so good then why would they trade him? This is literally just like Laker fans talking up Javaris Crittenton to justify the Gasol trade.

He's no Amare, I'm just saying he has All-Star potential. No chance of ALL-NBA or even starting on the All-Star team.

der Kaiser
02-14-2009, 03:29 AM
More shots for Amare means less shots for James and Williams. As a Laker fan I like it.
Its not like Amare will learn to defend or pull rebounds over night.

Texas_Ranger
02-14-2009, 04:09 AM
I don't really give a fuck about that... We will always kick Amare's ass!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 04:53 AM
But he's not. This guy has been working with the Cavs for the past few years. He is fairly involved in the scouting department too IIRC.

It would be stupid of him to reveal his real identity to a Cavs forum. The guy is hailed and treated as a God. He really only talks about trades if there is something in the works, that has a good chance of happening.

Why are you so offended?

Nothing against you guys in particular, I'm this much of an asshole to anyone jizzing all over the place because of a trade rumor they heard from their "inside source".

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 05:11 AM
He's no Amare, I'm just saying he has All-Star potential.

And I'm saying you're saying that simply to glorify a late first round project player to convince yourself there is a realistic chance Kerr agrees on trading what many believe to be a franchise player for a package centered around JJ Hickson.

How is this any different than what Laker fans did with Crittenton?

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 07:09 AM

I'll take his track record against yours. Called the trade last year including all the details, explained the Mo Williams deal a week before it went down and said the Cavs would be picking JJ Hickson a week before the draft....3/3

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I'll take his track record against yours. Called the trade last year including all the details, explained the Mo Williams deal a week before it went down and said the Cavs would be picking JJ Hickson a week before the draft....3/3

Not to mention all the other blogs and threads about FA issues (Delonte) or whats changed in the coaching department (Brown letting Kuester take control of the offense) + Blogs on 2010, the factors involved and stuff like that. (LBJs view to his knowledge, Cavs franchise perspective, agents views.)

Harry Callahan
02-14-2009, 08:29 AM
There should be a comity to look over trades this lopsided.

OMG. You can't spell committee? Get off of our site right now.

JamStone
02-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Couldn't you say many if not most first round draft picks have all star "potential?"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Couldn't you say many if not most first round draft picks have all star "potential?"

If you're a Cavs fan our Lakers fan your entire roster has hall of fame potential.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
If you're a Cavs fan our Lakers fan your entire roster has hall of fame potential.

Why do you say this because I posted something a guy on ESPN or because you don't even know who J.J. Hickson is

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Why do you say this because I posted something a guy on ESPN or because you don't even know who J.J. Hickson is

I'm aware of who JJ Hickson is. He's a 6'8" PF with crazy athleticism and an indredibly raw game. There's plenty of JJ Hickson type young players in the NBA and a lot of them have a higher ceiling. I'd take DeAndre Jordan over Hickson, but that's not necessarily an insult to Hickson, just saying his skills aren't extremely rare.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm aware of who JJ Hickson is. He's a 6'8" PF with crazy athleticism and an indredibly raw game. There's plenty of JJ Hickson type young players in the NBA and a lot of them have a higher ceiling. I'd take DeAndre Jordan over Hickson, but that's not necessarily an insult to Hickson, just saying his skills aren't extremely rare.

where does he rank on your scouting big board? It sounds like you labor over your scouting reports night and day and have devolved a great impression on JJ.

RedsLakers24
02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
there was also another source on a miami heat website that said that Amare had been traded to a eastern team but they werent going to announce it because of the all star game

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
there was also another source on a miami heat website that said that Amare had been traded to a eastern team but they werent going to announce it because of the all star game

and the Atlanta Hawks front office representative that congratulated the Cavs' assistant of Player Personnel on landing Amare

RedsLakers24
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
was watching tuesday pre show on nbatv and david alridge said that the suns already traded stoudemire to an eastern team not named chicago(my guess is to miami,but the reason they have not announced it, is because of the all star game ,which is played in phoenix and don't want fans to get mad by not filling the arena by announcing the trade before the all star game.

http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/1460002495
he said phoenix said they told chicago that they received a better offer than theirs(tyrus thomas etc)from an eastern team.
steve kerr is simply shopping to see if he can get a better offer than ours from stoudemire,but it is believed than most team are reluctant to do so in this tough economy.
so expect stoudemire here sometimes after the all star break
our new lineup would be some like
chalmers,wade,james jones(who played with stoudemire in phoenix),haslem,stoudemire
bench,magloire,anthony,cook,quinn,wright and one or two more players.

"It got the leg,but it could not get my spirit,my mind" Wayman Tisdale

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
where does he rank on your scouting big board? It sounds like you labor over your scouting reports night and day and have devolved a great impression on JJ.

That was actually funny.

All I'm saying is I'm not a big fan of extremely talented players with absolutely no game and no fundamentals whatsoever.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM
That was actually funny. A

ll I'm saying is I'm not a big fan of extremely talented players with absolutely no game and no fundamentals whatsoever.

How many big men can you name that came into the NBA and dominated 2 years out of high school?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:38 PM
How many big men can you name that came into the NBA and dominated 2 years out of high school?

How many big men can you name that came into the NBA as raw as Hickson that panned out?

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:47 PM
How many big men can you name that came into the NBA as raw as Hickson that panned out?

Jermaine O'Neil before injuries, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Tyson Chandler,Shawn Kemp (who JJ is most often referred)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Jermaine O'Neil before injuries, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Tyson Chandler,Shawn Kemp (who JJ is most often referred)

Those guys with the exception of Kemp are all way more talented than Hickson, and given Amare's attitude I really don't feel like getting another Kemp.

RedsLakers24
02-14-2009, 03:11 PM
the chance of this deal happening is 85 percent because the suns have poor management problems, it not the GM its the owner

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 03:12 PM
And I know this because Garnett, Howard, Bynum and Chandler were all top 5 picks. O'Neal isn't really comparable to Hickson. They aren't similar players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 03:13 PM
the chance of this deal happening is 85 percent because the suns have poor management problems, it not the GM its the owner

I think it has a 45% chance at this point, and it will happen at the deadline. It hasn't "already been agreed to", that much I'm sure of.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 03:22 PM
And I actually heard a rumor even worse for Cleveland and better for the Suns that involves these players along with Richardson and a few more Cleveland scrubs.

spursreport
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
The word "reliable" gets tossed around quite a bit around this time.

Not saying there's no way it goes down, but I find it pretty unlikely.

:rolleyes:rolleyes Yeah cuz the Pistons have a better shot dont they? Sheed/Amir isnt any better of an offer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes Yeah cuz the Pistons have a better shot dont they? Sheed/Amir isnt any better of an offer.

Um....yeah it is.

spursreport
02-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Um....yeah it is.

Um.....no it isnt.

Sheed is an expiring contract just like Wally.

Amir hasnt proven shit other than being foul proned.

In terms of raw talent and expiring contracts, it's the same.

JamStone
02-14-2009, 04:06 PM

It's not a much better offer, but slightly better depending on what Kerr and the Suns are looking for.

Rasheed is expiring, but if Kerr still wants to maintain the ability to challenge in the west somehow, Rasheed can help them right now. He complements Shaq much better than Amare does because Rasheed stays out on the perimeter and doesn't clash with Shaq's offense in the paint, and Rasheed plays defense.

Having Rasheed there actually allows them to match up against a team like the Lakers much better than they can now.

Now, is it a way better deal than what Cleveland has to offer? It's arguable. I think it is because of what Rasheed could possibly do for them this year. Beyond that, they both offer cap space and a young big man with potential. Toss up which young player will be better down the road. I can't and won't speak on that.

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Um.....no it isnt.

Sheed is an expiring contract just like Wally.

Amir hasnt proven shit other than being foul proned.

In terms of raw talent and expiring contracts, it's the same.

So you're saying Sheed isn't any better than Wally? You're a fuckin idiot if you believe that. Amir=Hickson, true, but a Sheed/Amir deal is significantly better because Rasheed is significantly better than Wally Zoolander.

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 04:15 PM

It was really impressive how Hickson never boxed out Lamar Odom once, and let him take a jizz all over the Cavs in that 3rd quarter.

stretch
02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
spursreport with his usual fucking retarded comments :rolleyes

pauls931
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
LMAO, not everyone acts like Amare is good after badmouthing him for so long... Hope this is bunk though, almost as bad as the gasol trade, but I'd take wally and a bar of soap over whoever the lakers traded for gasol.

spursreport
02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
So you're saying Sheed isn't any better than Wally? You're a fuckin idiot if you believe that. Amir=Hickson, true, but a Sheed/Amir deal is significantly better because Rasheed is significantly better than Wally Zoolander.

You are a fucking idiot for not reading what my post said. IN TERMS OF AN EXPIRING CONTRACT you dumb piece of shit.

spursreport
02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
spursreport with his usual fucking retarded comments :rolleyes

Stretch with his usual obsession over me while having Mono's cock in his mouth.:rolleyes

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 05:07 PM
And I know this because Garnett, Howard, Bynum and Chandler were all top 5 picks. O'Neal isn't really comparable to Hickson. They aren't similar players.

I think it was legler that said on draft night when the cavs drafted jj that if he had one more year in school he would be a lottery pick. So he is decent man give him a chance, go get a JJ jersey cuz he is yours

Darthkiller
02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
LOL@ spurs fans bashing a suns fan on a suns trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
It was really impressive how Hickson never boxed out Lamar Odom once, and let him take a jizz all over the Cavs in that 3rd quarter.

I agree, solid defense on Odom, all star potential right there.

The horrible thing is if Amare goes to Cleveland and they make the finals versus LA, I'm actually going to have to cheer for the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I think it was legler that said on draft night when the cavs drafted jj that if he had one more year in school he would be a lottery pick.

Which just shows he's playing basketball because he's naturally good at it and is in it for the money. When someone leaves college early knowing they wouldn't be a top 15 pick, it raises serious doubt about how much they care about getting better.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 07:08 PM

Rookie errors, your better than that. Still has to learn how to play with the Big boys. Mike Brown tried him out there. JJ was roasted by his team-mates and coach, it will be a step in his development.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 07:10 PM
It's not a much better offer, but slightly better depending on what Kerr and the Suns are looking for.

Rasheed is expiring, but if Kerr still wants to maintain the ability to challenge in the west somehow, Rasheed can help them right now. He complements Shaq much better than Amare does because Rasheed stays out on the perimeter and doesn't clash with Shaq's offense in the paint, and Rasheed plays defense.

Having Rasheed there actually allows them to match up against a team like the Lakers much better than they can now.

Now, is it a way better deal than what Cleveland has to offer? It's arguable. I think it is because of what Rasheed could possibly do for them this year. Beyond that, they both offer cap space and a young big man with potential. Toss up which young player will be better down the road. I can't and won't speak on that.
Detroit could be one of those teams Amare said he wouldn't resign with.

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 07:12 PM
You are a fucking idiot for not reading what my post said. IN TERMS OF AN EXPIRING CONTRACT you dumb piece of shit.

WHERE IS THAT IN THIS POST

you dumb piece of shit.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 07:12 PM
And I actually heard a rumor even worse for Cleveland and better for the Suns that involves these players along with Richardson and a few more Cleveland scrubs.

There is also talk the Cavs are talking to Pheonix but not about STAT or Shaq.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Latest post by the source is saying the Cavs have put the offer on the table to Pheonix, but the Cavs organisation believes another team will put foward a better offer before the deadline passes.

Ferry has tried to get a 3rd team in on the deal so Pheonix ends up with a better package. Cavs have other deals that they are willing to go to if they are unable to land Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 07:35 PM
There is also talk the Cavs are talking to Pheonix but not about STAT or Shaq.

1) On my previous post, I meant better for cleveland worse for the Suns, typo.

2) J-Rich is a nice guy who cares about winning and would fit in well on the Cavs. When other players around him start playing defense, he'll start playing defense. He has the skills and commitment to be a good defender just not the guidance. He felt horrible about leaving Mason open Christmas when if you look at the play closely it wasn't even his fault.

Cleveland would be smart to go after J-Rich and Shaq, not Amare. The Phoenix fans hate Shaq and J-Rich for no reason, and Kerr and Sarver would be more willing to trade them.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Shaq > Amare even at this point. Shaq showed he can still play lockdown defense in short stretches against TD last year. Of course they lost that series but Shaq still looked impressive at times. And you still have to double him or he'll get right to the rim for the dunk, making teams center their gameplan around him. I don't see why more teams aren't going after Shaq instead of Amare.

KidCongo
1) On my previous post, I meant better for cleveland worse for the Suns, typo.

2) J-Rich is a nice guy who cares about winning and would fit in well on the Cavs. When other players around him start playing defense, he'll start playing defense. He has the skills and commitment to be a good defender just not the guidance. He felt horrible about leaving Mason open Christmas when if you look at the play closely it wasn't even his fault.

Cleveland would be smart to go after J-Rich and Shaq, not Amare. The Phoenix fans hate Shaq and J-Rich for no reason, and Kerr and Sarver would be more willing to trade them.

I've wanted J-Rich for a while because it looked like a realistic possiblity for the Cavs. I don't see Ferry trading for Shaq.

Lp26
Detroit could be one of those teams Amare said he wouldn't resign with.

No dice. Amare did an interview where he proceeded to say how in love he was with the Pistons, the fans, the city, Joe D, and anything else he can think of. He stated he would love to go there, and that would be a great situation for him.

I'm too lazy to look for the article, but i remember it b/c i don't really want Amare and it sounded like he was auditioning.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Latest post by the source is saying the Cavs have put the offer on the table to Pheonix, but the Cavs organisation believes another team will put foward a better offer before the deadline passes.

Ferry has tried to get a 3rd team in on the deal so Pheonix ends up with a better package. Cavs have other deals that they are willing to go to if they are unable to land Amare.

I think this could be a smokescreen set up by Kerr and Ferry hoping that either a contender or a team hoping to land Lebron in 2010 freaks out about the pairing of Lebron and Amare and makes a desperation trade solely because they think Lebron will extend if Amare extends.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 07:48 PM
here is the latest.

OK, First off, my apologies for saying I thought I would be back here around the 3pm time frame today ...never should have even mentioned a given time knowing I had a precarious travel schedule.

I've been able to get some more information that should clarify, to an extent, where the Cavs stand right now. It's been made very clear by the team to try and keep expectations low in regards to potential trade options. No team likes to deal under these circumstances, but, of course when you have a trade deadline that coincides with an All Star weekend, and you happen to have one of the biggest and best player's in the game's name being tossed around in trade talks, it's kind of hard to keep the excitability of the league's fanbase in check.

But, try I will do, to basically give you guys some understanding of where I see the Suns mindset, the Cavs mindset, and Amare's mindset in the here and now.

I know we have lot of people coming out of the woodwork saying handshake deals have been done and so forth. Nothing inregards to the Suns and Cavs has been done as of now. Danny Ferry has made an offer to Steve Kerr, and he's also gone outside just the two teams, and has been working on getting a third team involved as well, to be able to give the Suns and Kerr some more creative options as well.

But, in talking to most all of the higher ups with the team, you get the feeling that they really don't feel that when all is said and done, we will have the strongest offer that the Suns will ultimately get. In a way, I sense the Cavs heirarchy is doing what I and almost all of our fans are doing ....we're trying not to set ourselves up for the ultimate letdown if ...if it doesn't end up materializing and we don't end up landing Amare.

I will say this, though. For the Suns, it's not all about this trade looking good n the surface as far as getting equitable talent back for the given asset. That's why it's hard to gage how we really stack up in the minds of the Suns. You see, the Suns see value, at this point, as salary fexibility. The more flexible they ultimately end up being in the long run, will outweigh fctors such as getting a percieved higher value back in player assets.

As it stands right now, it appears that we have a two horse race with the Cavs and the Bulls. More teams are expected ..anticipated to be looking into some offers as well. The Cavaliers want to keep the trade simple. We don't want to get ito scenarios that include multitudes of players going back and forth from differing teams rosters. We want as minimal a transition of players as possible, so that we don't have to go throug anything close to what we did last year at the deadline.

We want to keep it the nubers down, and keep our team chemistry in tact as much as possible. If, when other offers come in, what we have out there isn't good enough and would require us to begin shaking up our roster to a greater degree, I expect we would then look elsewhere.

What we've been doing more of today is basically handling the issues outside of Phoenix. We;'re looking at alternatives that would work for us if the Phoenix deal doesn't end up materializing for us.

Basically, we're hadging our bets. We're putting together alternative plans of attack as well. We aren't going to put all our eggs into this one basket and sink or swim with it, we've got to be prepared for whatever happens, and we are.

For those that have been here for the longterm at RCF, we've been talking through all the possible scenarios for months now. You all know exactly what I'm talking about in terms of what we are looking for and the possiblities as well that I have outlined in the past. What I'm saying here and now is, the STAT rumors and talks haven't changed our perceptions of the other options that also can be at our disposal.

I know we've gotten alot of talk out of the front office that we are content with our team, and that we would be happy to move forward with the team intact, and to an extent that is 100% truth. But, fans aren't fools either ...they know that we're talking and looking for ways to improve our team, and we are.

Just so happens we have alot of options available to us right now, we do have a priority of which ones we like the best, scaled down to the least favorable. I think it's safe to say that if what we have offered to Phoenix turns out to be ammanable to them, then that is the route we are going to ultimately take.

But, Steve Kerr and Danny Ferry have a strong longterm relationship and that counts for something here as well, in my book. I expect that they've talked all isues and cicumstances through. A timetable exists where we both need to know ultimately where we stand and if we can get something together between us, we will, and of not ...then we will move on at that point to other options that are available to us.

Phoenix holds the cards as far as their timetable, but, I also feel very confident that whether the Amare trade goes through between the Cavs and Suns or not, we have enough alternative plans in place that the Cavs will now be able to quickly go to one of their fallback plans and get something accomplished postively before the deadline.

I've got a Valentine's dinner engagement with my wife now ...gotta run. I'll have more tomorrow where I'll try and go into more detail. A bit frazzled and rushed right now. Hope I made some sense with this ...

bostonguy
02-15-2009, 02:39 AM
If Im the suns, I look to Chicago/Detroit. The Pistons will give you Amir who could pan out (If he doesnt hell be a free agent next summer and you wont have to worry anymore about him) and Sheed(who is a rental and could make this season interesting for the suns). The Cavs deal should be the last resort if the Suns cant get either of those.

wijayas
02-15-2009, 08:35 AM
lmaooooo oo

why in the hell would phoenix fuck themselves over like this.

Ask Memphis. They started it and it becomes a fashion statement. The more stupid the trade is, the more glamourous the GM is.:lol:lol:lol

sook
03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
OP is a fucking genius. I should trade stocks based on what a poster on a bbs forum says too :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
OP is a fucking genius. I should trade stocks based on what a poster on a bbs forum says too :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You should find the thread where he said there was a Shaq trade that had been agreed to.

sook
03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You should find the thread where he said there was a Shaq trade that had been agreed to.

lol yea he proabably pops a boner everytime he sees a rumor like that

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
lol yea he proabably pops a boner everytime he sees a rumor like that

Assuming he doesn't already have a boner from the last time he saw a picture of JJ Hickson sitting at the end of the bench.

sook
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Assuming he doesn't already have a boner from the last time he saw a picture of JJ Hickson sitting at the end of the bench.

all bow...

http://thesportsidiot.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/jj-hickson-mug-shot.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:29 PM
DuncanownsKobe (right) and Sook (left) were spotted this weekend

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/RkarEdgeYgI/AAAAAAAADFc/Oonvc3IxUz0/s320/gay-parade-21.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
all bow...

http://thesportsidiot.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/jj-hickson-mug-shot.jpg

http://www.paulabegoun.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/enzyte20lawsuit20busted20liars.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Hickson is 20 years old, 1 year out of high school. It's funny that you guys think that every draft pick comes right out and just dominates. He plays on a good team and doesn't see much time. I'm sure if he played on the Suns or Rockets he would see some time

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/RkarEdgeYgI/AAAAAAAADFc/Oonvc3IxUz0/s320/gay-parade-21.jpg

Isn't that a picture of you and that 15 year old dude on the Cavs forum that makes up trade rumors?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Hickson is 20 years old, 1 year out of high school. It's funny that you guys think that every draft pick comes right out and just dominates. He plays on a good team and doesn't see much time. I'm sure if he played on the Suns or Rockets he would see some time

Maybe on the Suns because Amare is injured, but not the Rockets. Scola and Laundry are both way better.

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Isn't that a picture of you and that 15 year old dude on the Cavs forum that makes up trade rumors?

that's a strong comeback

sook
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM

yea the suns have to be the dumbest team on the planet to deny amare stoudamire for JJ hickson :lol

sook
03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
that's a strong comeback

if you base your arguments on the strength of your "Comebacks" its no wonder we're here talking about this

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:37 PM
yea the suns have to be the dumbest team on the planet to deny amare stoudamire for JJ hickson :lol

I still agonize over the Suns passing on Karl Malone pt. 2

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:37 PM
that's a strong comeback

a lot stronger than the original insult.

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:38 PM

actually, yes they are dumb for not trading Amare, basically every insider in the game has said so. They basically have a team full of 35-40 year olds that are overpaid, and they have to rebuild around a guy that doesn't play defense and injury prone in his prime. By the time the Suns are good again Amare will be on the backend of his prime like TMAC is in Houston

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
actually, yes they are dumb for not trading Amare, basically every insider in the game has said so. They basically have a team full of 35-40 year olds that are overpaid, and they have to rebuild around a guy that doesn't play defense and injury prone in his prime. By the time the Suns are good again Amare will be on the backend of his prime like TMAC is in Houston

If the best offer was JJ Hickson and worthless Wally (I know I just struck a nerve and you're about to divulge into how good Wally would be on the Suns but please try not to) then the Suns were anything but stupid to trade Amare.

Red Hawk #21
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
DuncanownsKobe (right) and Sook (left) were spotted this weekend

Thunder Dan I think this picture confirms your sexuality...

sook
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM

sounds like you're still bitter :lol

sook
03-16-2009, 04:44 PM
There are 2 reliable sources that are reporting that the Cavs and Suns are close to a deal that would send Amare to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and Wally.

Take it for what it's worth, but he works inside the organization and has been almost dead on with every leak he has given

Also, the big hang up is that teams are shying away from giving away too much because they fear that Amare won't resign. It has been confirmed that this week sometime the Cavs asked him if he would resign in 2010 if the opportunity was there. It was just confirmed they asked, which may or may not be a big deal

'Just returned from lunch, and when I got back to my hotel room, I have had my cell charging while I was out, I got three calls from JJ and his agent. Apparently, they are getting wind of some things, and are calling to see if I've heard anything regarding him, and potential moves being discussed.

Obviously, being on the road, I'm out of the loop to an extent, but, obviously somethings been whirling around in the NBA circles regarding JJ ...

Really a tough situation for him to go through so early on in his 1st season, he's apparently very anxious over all that must be going on right now, as far as the rumor mill.

Did something break on ESPN as far as speculation ?

I can't go into too much detail as to who else called, but a close relative who also has a job in the NBA but not with the Cavs, called and has heard we're one of the top destinations for Amare, in that he's signaled that he would sign longterm with us if the opportunity presented itself.

Which leaves me mystified to say the least ... I didn't see this one on my radar at all ... I've just never really taken any of those rumors seriously at all. Didn't see us with the assets, or much desire due to certain issues that I'll go into if need be ...

But, obviously for a team that's been saying they are content to stay put, we certainly have a GM that is working alot of tradelines with multiple teams at the moment.

I feel like maybe I should change my travel itinerary, and instead of heading back to Cleveland, make a quick jaunt out to Phoenix ...lol.'
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/boner.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:45 PM
If the best offer was JJ Hickson and worthless Wally (I know I just struck a nerve and you're about to divulge into how good Wally would be on the Suns but please try not to) then the Suns were anything but stupid to trade Amare.

yeah genius, you wouldn't be trading for Wally because of his talents, you would get him because you would have 13.3 million dollars off the books for next year so your owner isn't stuck paying the luxury cap.

So let's assume the trade went down- you would have JJ Hickson, an owner with some money and a team out of the playoffs

As of now, you have a broke owner, no prospects,a giant payroll, and a team that won't be in the playoffs

I don't think you understand what rebuilding is. The Suns arn't a piece away from winning a title, they are a whole team and philosophy away. You don't just build around what you got when you need major changes, you scrap the whole thing, and that means trading your best trading chips

sook
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/12/46dec5-boner-prof.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Thunder Dan I think this picture confirms your sexuality...

if you think that's gay check out my profile

sook
03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
if you think that's gay check out my profile

on this?

http://www.datexpectations.com/uploads/images/manhunt.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
yeah genius, you wouldn't be trading for Wally because of his talents, you would get him because you would have 13.3 million dollars off the books for next year so your owner isn't stuck paying the luxury cap.

So let's assume the trade went down- you would have JJ Hickson, an owner with some money and a team out of the playoffs

As of now, you have a broke owner, no prospects,a giant payroll, and a team that won't be in the playoffs

I don't think you understand what rebuilding is. The Suns arn't a piece away from winning a title, they are a whole team and philosophy away. You don't just build around what you got when you need major changes, you scrap the whole thing, and that means trading your best trading chips

As long as Sarver owns the team, a broke owner and a cheap owner are the same thing.

And I understand exactly what rebuilding is, and I know the Suns aren't a piece away from a title. I also know trading Amare for two players who will be out of the NBA in 4 years does nothing to help their rebuilding process.