PDA

View Full Version : Rockets fans...I need you

Girasuck
02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
If this is true...

WOW!!

Boozer to Houston for Scola and Artest? Apparently this came from a Houston radio station. Yes I know...it's from a radio station, but I want to know if any Rockets fans have heard this?

mystargtr34
02-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Artest has turned into nothing more than a chucker, plus he doesnt defend like he use to. Back in his Indiana and early Sacramento days every game he was out locking down top scorers to prove he belonged in the discussion as one of the best players in the league. Now every possession he fakes, throws in a jab step and launches a contested 18 footer.

Plus he would opt out at first chance in the off season.

But if im Utah, i do that deal to get rid of Boozer and get a good tough player in Scola.

turiaf for president
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
works for both teams if boozer can play. both will be FA's this summer and instead of losing boozer, utah adds a good bench 4 at scola. plus artest for this year which makes them a lot better on Defense

MarHill
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Why would the Jazz want Artest? I can see Jerry Sloan and him having conflict right off the bat!!!!

sook
02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
no!!!! please!!!

I like boozer but scola is our best player, i odn't mind artest going but this makes us like 10 x worse

mardigan
02-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't see why Houston would give up two guys who actually play for one who doesn't. They already have an injury plagued team, don't see why they would want to roll the dice on another fragile player.

sook
02-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Scola would be perfect for Sloan's system all he does is camp out and get ez buckets + hustle

Chieflion
02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Rockets=dumbasses if they do this. They have no money to resign Boozer to the contract he wants anyway.

DannyT
02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Rockets=dumbasses if they do this.

what does that make us for giving up LS....?

djohn2oo8
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
No, this is just a horrible rumor. Rockets will make a trade or two, but it'll probably be for a PG or a SG. Maybe for a Jamal Crawford. It would be a dream to acquire Mike Bibby.

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM

dumbasses

Double-Up
02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I would rather put a bullet through my penile head.

Rogue
02-13-2009, 10:55 PM
no!!!! please!!!

I like boozer but scola is our best player, i odn't mind artest going but this makes us like 10 x worse
I also have to agree that scola is actually the best player on the rockets team now. Yao and tmac are both sh@t. artest hasn't satisfied fans 100% though he plays much better than yao&tmac. And it's also the first time I see a rockets fan that loves boozer.

mystargtr34
02-13-2009, 10:57 PM
If Luis Scola is your second best player, then you know why your mediocre.

Hes a solid role player, but you cant expect to do much with him as your number 2 guy.

Chieflion
02-13-2009, 11:21 PM
So we should have given them Oberto then....

djohn2oo8
02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Scola does all the dirty work, he hustles, runs the floor, basically has all the intangibles. Battier defense has fallen off the face of the earth, I wonder if he would be included in a trade :huh

balli
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Why would the Jazz want Artest? I can see Jerry Sloan and him having conflict right off the bat!!!!

I don't know if it will work out and I'm entirely off the Artest bandwagon these days, but years ago I used to always think he'd be a good player on a Sloan coached team. Artest is probably too crazy and definitely too selfish, but as a fighter himself, I'm sure Sloan respects Artest's strength/ability to knock people the fuck out.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:29 PM
The Jazz need WASP's to do their dirty work, that way the refs don't call shit and they get away with it. No n-word is gonna get away with the dirty ass bullshit that guys like Stockton, Kirilenko, & Harpring have gotten away with their entire careers.

ManuTP9
02-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I would rather put a bullet through my penile head.

:lol:lol

balli
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
First, your franchise was so pathetically shitty at the time you might has well have been non-existent during Stock's tenure. Mavs fans don't get to say shit about Stockton. If he was dirty it shouldn't matter to you, because your team was hapless and sorry compared to Utah, irregardless of Stock's conduct. You wanna talk NBA basketball prior to the Cuban era you better be talking about Rolando Blackman or something.

Second, AK's not dirty at all. Again, I'm sorry he had the audacity to flop against the Mavs once. And also again, I'm sorry the mavs fanbase is stupid enough to think that makes him routinely dirty. Personally, I'd feel like a shithead for routinely attacking a guy with an untrue accusation, that's just me.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry he had the audacity to flop against the Mavs once.

Maybe my eyes deceive me, but I don't think the Mavs appear anywhere in this clip.

a2FG1WAry08

Mormons do love their white boys.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe my eyes deceive me, but I don't think the Mavs appear anywhere in this clip.

a2FG1WAry08

Mormons do love their white boys.

Goddamnnnn :lol

balli
02-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I can count like 4 AK flops for the entirety of his career. Good job citing two of them. Two flops over a three year span? Actually he had two more against Houston. That's all four. I didn't realize four flops over three years made him one so dirty. Hell, some guys will do that in a week. And actually tell me, if AK's so obviously dirty, can you cite a play where he flopped this year, besides the one on Dirk? Obviously someone you'd call dirty for flopping would do it more than once in 50 games, right?

Oh and when AK starts sucker punching dudes or pushing them over when they're off balance we'll talk.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I can count like 4 AK flops for the entirety of his career. Good job citing two of them.

AK goes for quality, not quantity. If it won't get him 4 stars and 100,000 plus views on youtube, it's not worth flopping.

The guy is a dirty piece of trash and only a group as already delusional as the Mormons would try to say he is anything but that.

balli
02-13-2009, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes

djohn2oo8
02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
All that we have heard so far is that the Rockets "supposedly" have something in the works that would make us "jump out of our seats". I am sure that this is not the deal.

Roxsfan
02-14-2009, 12:39 AM
All that we have heard so far is that the Rockets "supposedly" have something in the works that would make us "jump out of our seats". I am sure that this is not the deal.

whatever it is, it will be bullshit.

sook
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
whatever it is, it will be bullshit.

this team never fails to dissapoint.

Indazone
02-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Boozer sucks. He's not even half what Scola is. NO

Lars
02-14-2009, 05:44 AM
Apparently there is something in the works, but our sports writers wont give us any hints. However I don't know why the Rockets would ever do this. It wouldn't help us at all because we already have great production from our 4 spot.

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Rockets need to blow it up.

T-Mac is a 29 YO in a 35 YO's body.

Yao may only have 2-3 good years left due to his inordinate size.

Artest and scola have reached their ceilings, and their ceilings arent that good.

Rafer Alston belongs on a street court, not an NBA court.

They need to trade some of these players and hope to draft a superstar in the future.

Harry Callahan
02-14-2009, 08:46 AM
The Jazz need WASP's to do their dirty work, that way the refs don't call shit and they get away with it. No n-word is gonna get away with the dirty ass bullshit that guys like Stockton, Kirilenko, & Harpring have gotten away with their entire careers.

Karl Malone? Hello?

djohn2oo8
02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Rockets need to blow it up.

T-Mac is a 29 YO in a 35 YO's body.

Yao may only have 2-3 good years left due to his inordinate size.

Artest and scola have reached their ceilings, and their ceilings arent that good.

Rafer Alston belongs on a street court, not an NBA court.

They need to trade some of these players and hope to draft a superstar in the future.

Rockets don't need to blow it up, they need to trade tmac whenever they can

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Karl Malone? Hello?

yeah him too, but he was a big country music fan & shit, so Malone kinda counted as a white guy after a while. plus it wasn't until after he was exposed as a pedophile and a bad father that Malone got a bad rap. Artest and his hip-hop presence will immediately ruin the "clean-cut on the outside/dirty unprofessional thugs underneath" white boy image that Jerry Sloan has worked so hard to build.

Also, I forgot to mention Hornacek in my last post. Another in a long tradition of dirty white guys who play for the Jazz.

Girasuck
02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
AK goes for quality, not quantity. If it won't get him 4 stars and 100,000 plus views on youtube, it's not worth flopping.

The guy is a dirty piece of trash and only a group as already delusional as the Mormons would try to say he is anything but that.

You're so fucking clueless. Stop talking out of your ass. Kirilenko is one of the least dirtiest players in the league. The guy NEVER throws a punch, NEVER throws an elbow, NEVER, NOT ONCE has he ever slipped a foot under a jump shooter. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen AK even push a guy in the back to get a rebound. To label him as a dirty player means you have no fucking clue about anything related to basketball.

Label Malone dirty. Label Harpring dirty, although I don't consider him dirty but I won't argue with those that do. Just stop putting that label on Kirilenko because it's nowhere near the truth.

Indazone
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
The only good thing Carol Dawson did for the Rockets is draft Yao Ming. When the last vestige of the Dawson era is swept away (Tracy McGrady), then Morey can call the Rockets his team.

At the end the Dawson era gave us such greats as

Flying Ryan Bowen
Moochie Norris
Mo Taylor
Steve Francis - really dissapointed in this one
Juwan Howard
Jon Barry - near end of career
Bob Sura - one and done
Cutino Mobely
Kelvin Cato
Jason Collier
Dan "Air" Langhi
Carlos "who" Rogers
Eddie "headcase" Griffin RIP
Glen Rice
Juaquin Hawkins
Tito Maddox
Bostjan Nachbar

In Daryl Morey we Trust!! Give Morey T-Mac's 20 Million/yr in Cap Space and he'll work miracles.

BUMP
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
yeah him too, but he was a big country music fan & shit, so Malone kinda counted as a white guy after a while. plus it wasn't until after he was exposed as a pedophile and a bad father that Malone got a bad rap. Artest and his hip-hop presence will immediately ruin the "clean-cut on the outside/dirty unprofessional thugs underneath" white boy image that Jerry Sloan has worked so hard to build.

Also, I forgot to mention Hornacek in my last post. Another in a long tradition of dirty white guys who play for the Jazz.

The Jazz are like that team of old guys at the rec that look horrible but keep running the court, and you wonder why and then one elbow to the throat tells you why

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
You're so fucking clueless. Stop talking out of your ass. Kirilenko is one of the least dirtiest players in the league. The guy NEVER throws a punch, NEVER throws an elbow, NEVER, NOT ONCE has he ever slipped a foot under a jump shooter. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen AK even push a guy in the back to get a rebound. To label him as a dirty player means you have no fucking clue about anything related to basketball.

Label Malone dirty. Label Harpring dirty, although I don't consider him dirty but I won't argue with those that do. Just stop putting that label on Kirilenko because it's nowhere near the truth.

Flopping is an art up to a point, an annoyance after that.....but flopping as shamelessly as Kirilenko does, and to such an extreme, then it becomes dirty play.

monosylab1k
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
The Jazz are like that team of old guys at the rec that look horrible but keep running the court, and you wonder why and then one elbow to the throat tells you why

:lol true that. the worst is when those old guys will elbow you at one end, and then call a foul on you every time down the court on their end, or some weak shit like over the back.