PDA

View Full Version : Cavs’ bid for Stoudemire falls flat

ducks
02-13-2009, 11:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stoudemirecavs021309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
:lmao for once, a great thread by ducks.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
The Cavs don't have the power, connections, or Fuehrer Stern love to pull off bullshit collusion trades the way the Lakers do.

This deal probably went through, and Stern put a quick stop to it. Anything that might get LeBron to stay in Cleveland instead of bolting for NY is not something Fuehrer Stern approves of.

Findog
02-13-2009, 11:28 PM
the cavs don't have the power, connections, or fuehrer stern love to pull off bullshit collusion trades the way the lakers do.

This deal probably went through, and stern put a quick stop to it. Anything that might get lebron to stay in cleveland instead of bolting for ny is not something fuehrer stern approves of.

+1

FreeMason
02-13-2009, 11:29 PM
corrupt ass league

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Lol, Cavs

Shank
02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Any chance the Lakers counter with something even more ridiculous?

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Any chance the Lakers counter with something even more ridiculous?

Luke Walton for Amare straight up.

Laker Fan - "it's a fair deal! Luke has a winner's pedigree, his dad is Bill Walton!"

RedsLakers24
02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Luke Walton for Amare straight up.

Laker Fan - "it's a fair deal! Luke has a winner's pedigree, his dad is Bill Walton!"

Marc Gasol made the Rookie team JJ Hickson didnt

Thompson
02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
At the time of the trade, Marc Gasol was a nobody. I read a scouting report that gave him 2 stars out of 5; Splitter had 4 stars.

J Zone
02-14-2009, 12:27 AM
of course it fell flat. would have been a shit trade for phoenix.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 12:30 AM
God, Thunderdan's "Inside Source" really knew what he was talking about. I predict he tries to justify it with his post stating that, "This could be complete bogus but it could be true," just so a he has a crutch for when the trade was complete fabricated bogus.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 12:31 AM
At the time of the trade, Marc Gasol was a nobody. I read a scouting report that gave him 2 stars out of 5; Splitter had 4 stars.

Not true... he was the european ACB league MVP and member of the Spanish National team.

Hardly a nobody... and now a very promising rookie... so obviously the scouts you use to validate your BS knew nothing.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 12:33 AM
The Cavs don't have the power, connections, or Fuehrer Stern love to pull off bullshit collusion trades the way the Lakers do.

This deal probably went through, and Stern put a quick stop to it. Anything that might get LeBron to stay in Cleveland instead of bolting for NY is not something Fuehrer Stern approves of.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/broken_record.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Not true... he was the european ACB league MVP and member of the Spanish National team.

When did Kill Bill Pana become a Laker fan.

Just kidding, but cmon, just admit the trade was incredibly lopsided, it's not like you need to justify it or anything.

JoeTait75
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
What still worries rivals NBA executives about Cleveland’s ability to work a deal for Stoudemire is the close relationship between Ferry and Kerr. They’re extremely tight and alumni of the San Antonio Spurs have a history of doing deals amongst themselves. For now, the Cavaliers seem content to let Phoenix solicit offers between now and Thursday’s trade deadline, and see if somehow they could revisit the Stoudemire derby. Most teams are wondering just how desperate the Suns are to lower payroll and how dramatically that will affect the caliber of talent and salary they’ll bring back for Stoudemire.

Deadline isn't here yet.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 12:44 AM
When did Kill Bill Pana become a Laker fan.

Just kidding, but cmon, just admit the trade was incredibly lopsided, it's not like you need to justify it or anything.

Of course it was lopsided. Most trades where one team is doing a salary dump are. There is a history of lopsided trades throughout the history of sports.

Suggesting their was collusion and/or fixes by the league are completely different and it gets old hearing the "broken record".

I say, put up the proof that anything crooked went down... or STFU. :whine

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 12:45 AM
I dont see what the big fuss is about Amare. Here is another scrub player that plays with no heart that benefits from playing with a great PG in Nash. He will fall flat on his ass as soon as he leaves Nash, just as Marion did, and just as K-Mart did when he left Kidd.

I agree 100%.

With that said, JJ Hickson isn't enough for him. I know Bill Simmons wrote an article about Hickson that gave some Cleveland fans a wet dream, and I find it hilarious that Cleveland is involving a future hall of famer in so many trade proposals.

JoeTait75
02-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I agree 100%.

With that said, JJ Hickson isn't enough for him. I know Bill Simmons wrote an article about Hickson that gave some Cleveland fans a wet dream, and I find it hilarious that Cleveland is involving a future hall of famer in so many trade proposals.

Last time the Cavaliers traded a 1st-round rookie to the Suns for an All-Star power foward, the rookie panned out...

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 12:51 AM
The fuss about Amare?

When you pair a top 15 player (Amare is still that) with the best player in basketball.

its over for the league.

Amare would be lethal with lebron, absolutely lethal.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Last time the Cavaliers traded a 1st-round rookie to the Suns for an All-Star power foward, the rookie panned out...

As a Laker fan...i wouldnt mind Amare going to the Cavs at all. He plays NO defense. Not to mention his locker room BS and wanting to be "the guy".

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 01:00 AM
As a Laker fan, you could kiss your delusions about an upcoming Laker dynasty goodbye if Amare goes to Cleveland.

Amare/LBJ/Mo/Delonte/Z = unstoppable

cobbler
02-14-2009, 01:07 AM
As a Laker fan, you could kiss your delusions about an upcoming Laker dynasty goodbye if Amare goes to Cleveland.

He plays no D. Gasol owns him. He is good for the pick and roll and wants to be the go to guy or he just doenst put out the effort. His basketball IQ is about as low as it gets. Nash fed him, simple as that. I dont see that happening with the Cavs. What has made the Cavs an improved team this year is they elevated their D. Adding Amare reduces it a lot, regardless of his pick and roll scoring prowess.

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 01:14 AM
If Amare makes the Cavs offense "x" points better, but makes the Cavs defense "x-y" worse, than its an upgrade.

When you add a top 15 player, top 5 PF to a team that's already 40-11, it is lethal.

Besides, the Cavs would still be a great defensive team with Lebron, Delonte, Zydrunas, etc. 1 player is not gonna make a top 3 defensive team middle of the pack.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 01:20 AM
If Amare makes the Cavs offense "x" points better, but makes the Cavs defense "x-y" worse, than its an upgrade.

When you add a top 15 player, top 5 PF to a team that's already 40-11, it is lethal.

Besides, the Cavs would still be a great defensive team with Lebron, Delonte, Zydrunas, etc. 1 player is not gonna make a top 3 defensive team middle of the pack.

Clearly showing your lack of basketball knowledge.

Have you watched him play this year at all? Top 15? :lmao

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Top 15, Top 20... anything below doesn't make sense.

Amare's up there

And when he's on (2007-2008), he's top 7-8.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Clearly showing your lack of basketball knowledge.

Have you watched him play this year at all? Top 15? :lmao

I agree here, anyone who still considers Tardemire a top 15 player is a moron.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:39 AM

I love how you ignore the fact one is a top ten pick the other picked in the early 20's.

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Better PGs: Deron Williams, Chris Paul
SGs: D-Whistle, Kobe, Brandon Roy
SF: Lebron James, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk, KG, Duncan, Bosh
C: Yao, Shaq, Dwight Howard

I cant THINK of any other players who are better!
Maybe 4-5 more... so Amare is still a top 20 player.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Better PGs: Deron Williams, Chris Paul
SGs: D-Whistle, Kobe, Brandon Roy
SF: Lebron James, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk, KG, Duncan, Bosh
C: Yao, Shaq, Dwight Howard

Maybe 4-5 more... so Amare is still a top 20 player.

so you have gone from top 15... to top 20.... :lmao

Ghazi
02-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Same diff!

cobbler
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe 4-5 more...

Say's it all doesn't it? :bang

RsxPiimp
02-14-2009, 01:59 AM
OK ....Got back earlier than I thought, but, I'm crashing early and getting an earlier flight tomorrow and heading out to Phoenix for the weekend. Had some late plans change, and I'll have to handle a few things there.

What a day this is turning out to be ...what a weekend should I say.

I have to be careful here guys ... we have no "handshake deal" right now. ok.

We've obviously been in alot of talks with alot of teams. We have a clear priority established as to how we would like things to go for us, with standing pat always an option that we can ultimately go with, and still be happy moving forward.

Being a big part in JJ early pro career here, and going through this is especially tough for me right now. But, when you get into pro ball, this is the reality of the game. Careers can change on a moments notice, and you have to be prepared for anything, at anytime.

Like I say, no handshake deal has been made, and only Phoenix and Amare know precisely where they stand. But, something looks to be happening out in Phoenix. I've found out that Amare and Lebron have been talking, and I think that when I connect the dots, we may have a real deal want and desire for these two to join forces in Cleveland. This could mean for the foreseeable future.

Amare wouldn't want to come here for another short term stint, and if he didn't get the ipresion from Lebron that he was going to commit longterm, then you wouldn't have them looking to pair up.

I've always been looking to find that player that would ultimately have circumstances for them coincide with ours , at the right time, in order to finally find the missing piece that would ultimately pair with Lebron James and provide him with the team needed to birng him the multiple championships.

This could be the prelude to just that..

If Amare would make his wishes known, he would eliminate all the competition basically. No team is going to give up the farm for a one year rental player, that would be unhappy to boot during that tenure.

In a way, if Amare's wishes are what they appear to be, he is going to basically name his destination here. But, the reality is ...if Lebron wants it, it happens, if he doesn't it doesn't.

Lebron wants it. Amare could be on board with that same view of the future potential of their pairing as well.

To make it short and sweet ... it's not a done deal. I don't know for a fact that Lebron and Amare are of like minds ... I don't know that Phoenix might not get another offer that's better ...like say from a team like the Knicks for instance ...and Amare at the last second might have a chance to rejoin D'Antoni in NY and thoughts change at that moment ... those possiblities exist here ...

But, the way I'm readng things right now ...I think we might have a real deal shot at landing him right now. Certain things that I can't really get into specifics about now ..I read as very positive signs that this could ultimately end up getting done.

If it doesn't, then we seem to have some other options available to us as well. I've spelled some of the basics of some of the other type deals that we might be looking for out in some past threads ...everyone if they have been reading what I've been posting knows what type options we are looking at and exploring.

We've had the dream scenarios, all the way down to the smaller ones in the Joe Smith mold, we have the swingman options, and even the status quo.

Just last night at this time I was of the belief that othing of this caliber looked to be on the horizon, and whaddaya know now I'm heading west and we might be actually in the hunt on this thing.

I still keep falling back on the belief that someone should be able to offer up more than us that has a strong future as well ...but, as I look at the options beig mentioned, it clearly looks like we are the most likely option that exists as I type.

Kepp your fingers crossed ...don't know if I'll gt much sleep tonight, but , the next time you hear from me I will likely be checked in , in Phoenix.

here's the latest quote from the insider.

cobbler
02-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Offensive stats for forwards

No need to check defense... cause I doubt he has any. :lmao

1 LeBron James , CLE 51 1,455 28.5 380 7.4 359 7.0 2,194 43.0
2 Dirk Nowitzki , DAL 51 1,321 25.9 423 8.3 117 2.3 1,861 36.5
3 Tim Duncan , SAS 50 1,039 20.8 525 10.5 195 3.9 1,759 35.2
4 Kevin Durant , OKC 52 1,328 25.5 347 6.7 147 2.8 1,822 35.0
5 Carlos Boozer , UTA 12 246 20.5 140 11.7 32 2.7 418 34.8
6 Zach Randolph , LAC-NYK 31 681 22.0 331 10.7 64 2.1 1,076 34.7
7 Chris Bosh , TOR 51 1,160 22.7 486 9.5 124 2.4 1,770 34.7
8 Danny Granger , IND 50 1,270 25.4 251 5.0 159 3.2 1,680 33.6
9 Carmelo Anthony , DEN 38 827 21.8 267 7.0 139 3.7 1,233 32.4
10 Antawn Jamison , WAS 53 1,133 21.4 483 9.1 103 1.9 1,719 32.4
11 Stephen Jackson , GSW 44 901 20.5 217 4.9 277 6.3 1,395 31.7
12 Caron Butler , WAS 48 984 20.5 300 6.2 211 4.4 1,495 31.1
13 Pau Gasol , LAL 51 932 18.3 477 9.4 176 3.4 1,585 31.1
14 Amar'e Stoudemire , PHX 51 1,069 21.0 414 8.1 100 2.0 1,583 31.0

Ammended... Checked anyway for forwards:
Rebounds: he's 18th
Blocks: 16th
Steals: 31st

But hey Ghazi.... you did get close to top 5 forward in one stat.... he's 7th in the league for ALL forwards in turnovers! :lmao

DPG21920
02-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Personally I think the Suns are idiots if they turned this down. Wally, Hickson and Anderson for Amare? That means they get to keep essentially all their cap space (Wally expiring almost = Amare expiring), get JJ Hickson and Anderson to help bolster their future and interior defense this year.

If you throw in Gibson for Barbosa to make salaries match that is a win scenario for the Suns.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Personally I think the Suns are idiots if they turned this down. Wally, Hickson and Anderson for Amare? That means they get to keep essentially all their cap space (Wally expiring almost = Amare expiring), get JJ Hickson and Anderson to help bolster their future and interior defense this year.

If you throw in Gibson for Barbosa to make salaries match that is a win scenario for the Suns.

I don't want Varejao. I'd rather them do the trade simply w/o that overrated scrub.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:18 AM
OK ....Got back earlier than I thought, but, I'm crashing early and getting an earlier flight tomorrow and heading out to Phoenix for the weekend. Had some late plans change, and I'll have to handle a few things there.

What a day this is turning out to be ...what a weekend should I say.

I have to be careful here guys ... we have no "handshake deal" right now. ok.

We've obviously been in alot of talks with alot of teams. We have a clear priority established as to how we would like things to go for us, with standing pat always an option that we can ultimately go with, and still be happy moving forward.

Being a big part in JJ early pro career here, and going through this is especially tough for me right now. But, when you get into pro ball, this is the reality of the game. Careers can change on a moments notice, and you have to be prepared for anything, at anytime.

Like I say, no handshake deal has been made, and only Phoenix and Amare know precisely where they stand. But, something looks to be happening out in Phoenix. I've found out that Amare and Lebron have been talking, and I think that when I connect the dots, we may have a real deal want and desire for these two to join forces in Cleveland. This could mean for the foreseeable future.

Amare wouldn't want to come here for another short term stint, and if he didn't get the ipresion from Lebron that he was going to commit longterm, then you wouldn't have them looking to pair up.

I've always been looking to find that player that would ultimately have circumstances for them coincide with ours , at the right time, in order to finally find the missing piece that would ultimately pair with Lebron James and provide him with the team needed to birng him the multiple championships.

This could be the prelude to just that..

If Amare would make his wishes known, he would eliminate all the competition basically. No team is going to give up the farm for a one year rental player, that would be unhappy to boot during that tenure.

In a way, if Amare's wishes are what they appear to be, he is going to basically name his destination here. But, the reality is ...if Lebron wants it, it happens, if he doesn't it doesn't.

Lebron wants it. Amare could be on board with that same view of the future potential of their pairing as well.

To make it short and sweet ... it's not a done deal. I don't know for a fact that Lebron and Amare are of like minds ... I don't know that Phoenix might not get another offer that's better ...like say from a team like the Knicks for instance ...and Amare at the last second might have a chance to rejoin D'Antoni in NY and thoughts change at that moment ... those possiblities exist here ...

But, the way I'm readng things right now ...I think we might have a real deal shot at landing him right now. Certain things that I can't really get into specifics about now ..I read as very positive signs that this could ultimately end up getting done.

If it doesn't, then we seem to have some other options available to us as well. I've spelled some of the basics of some of the other type deals that we might be looking for out in some past threads ...everyone if they have been reading what I've been posting knows what type options we are looking at and exploring.

We've had the dream scenarios, all the way down to the smaller ones in the Joe Smith mold, we have the swingman options, and even the status quo.

Just last night at this time I was of the belief that othing of this caliber looked to be on the horizon, and whaddaya know now I'm heading west and we might be actually in the hunt on this thing.

I still keep falling back on the belief that someone should be able to offer up more than us that has a strong future as well ...but, as I look at the options beig mentioned, it clearly looks like we are the most likely option that exists as I type.

Kepp your fingers crossed ...don't know if I'll gt much sleep tonight, but , the next time you hear from me I will likely be checked in , in Phoenix.

This is the funniest fairytale ever.

RsxPiimp
02-14-2009, 02:34 AM
agree^ but this poster is supposedly the same guy that broke the news that mo will sign with the cavs and also called it before the cavs drafted hickson. he looks like he really knows whats going on. he's well respected in that board. still, that doesnt mean it will go through.

vicphoenix13
02-14-2009, 03:04 AM
The Suns won't be taking the Cavs offer for Amare. It is too big a risk for the Suns to just give Amare away for garbage. The financial implications of such a deal would be disasterous for Robert Sarver. You can imagine all the empty seats in the US Airways Center because angry season ticket holders don't renew. Also, veterans like Nash and Hill would quickly ask for a trade out of town.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Snow, Varejao and Hickson + 1st rounder would be close to working with Salaries.

Maybe the suns might want him to play for the remainder of the season, coz AV would opt out. IIRC theres a team option on this season aswell, or that could be next season.

Stoudamire and Bron talking is a good sign.

DOK is cunt btw.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 03:21 AM
The Suns won't be taking the Cavs offer for Amare. It is too big a risk for the Suns to just give Amare away for garbage. The financial implications of such a deal would be disasterous for Robert Sarver. You can imagine all the empty seats in the US Airways Center because angry season ticket holders don't renew. Also, veterans like Nash and Hill would quickly ask for a trade out of town.

Maybe Sarver sells in the off-season?

Thomas82
02-14-2009, 03:35 AM

Yeah, I remember that, it was the Kevin Johnson-Larry Nance trade.

der Kaiser
02-14-2009, 03:35 AM

:lmao

Austin_Toros
02-14-2009, 03:44 AM
damn. i would have liked to have seen this trade go down.
too bad, LeBron.

i just don't get why phoenix rejected it? do they want a good player? its not like they're going anywhere. an expiring contract would have been good for them

vicphoenix13
02-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Maybe Sarver sells in the off-season?

He might want to sell, but who would be buying a sports franchise in this economy? Also, any owner who wants to sell knows that the value of the franchise would drop if they sold off all the valuable assets.

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 04:18 AM
He might want to sell, but who would be buying a sports franchise in this economy? Also, any owner who wants to sell knows that the value of the franchise would drop if they sold off all the valuable assets.

Yer, no-one would buy right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Snow, Varejao and Hickson + 1st rounder would be close to working with Salaries.

Yeah ok it works with salaries it is still a completely assonine lopsided trade an owner trying to save face with the fans would never do.

DOK is cunt btw

Why am I a cunt, because I called a source unreliable that you believe is reliable, when neither one of us has any evidence one way or the other?

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 06:40 AM
that's written by the guy that said Lebron was trying to find his way to Detroit in 2010, now anything he writes is tainted

But last year the Cavs deal with Chicago for Ben Wallace was dead the night before so you never know

KidCongo
02-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah ok it works with salaries it is still a completely assonine lopsided trade an owner trying to save face with the fans would never do.

Why am I a cunt, because I called a source unreliable that you believe is reliable, when neither one of us has any evidence one way or the other?

The continual denial, it's a reliable source. He never said it was confirmed, but the source is reliable.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't want Varejao. I'd rather them do the trade simply w/o that overrated scrub.

do you like anyone? You don't like Amare, but anything less than 2 hall of famers for him is unacceptable. Your team is trying to rebuild, but you want proven guys. That's not how it works man, you can't do both.

And what is your problem with the source guy? Your constantly mocking me for saying that but the guy has proven himself. My feeling is that you are just upset that Amare wants out of the powerful Suns organization and you are mad that the Suns are in decline so you have to take your frustrations out on everyone else

How am I the only one that can figure this out...

If Amare tells the Grizzlies or Bulls or whoever else that he might not resign in 2010, that then all those trade scenarios you hear about are done. Nobody is going to give up 2 key pieces to rent him for a year...so that is why Cleveland can get by with what looks like a lopsided offer. Amare has been on the market now for over a week, and nobody must have made a deal to Phoenix's liking

Harry Callahan
02-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Amare wants to be the #1 guy, but he won't pay the price. He would be more effective as a #2 or#3 option like he would be in Cleveland.

Still, seems like a sign and trade would be more appropriate for him than just getting pennies on the dollar. Sarver must be really hurting financially right now.

JamStone
02-14-2009, 10:25 AM
To me, the two things that gives the rumor any life at all is Steve Kerr's association with the Cleveland Cavaliers and his relationship with Danny Ferry. The deal in itself makes no sense from Phoenix's side. But, because of last year's Gasol trade, you almost have to at least acknowledge a trade this stupid is possible.

JoeTait75
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I love how you ignore the fact one is a top ten pick the other picked in the early 20's.

JJ was the 19th overall pick in a league that has seven more teams than it had the year KJ was drafted (7th). It's not that big of a discrepency, especially when you consider that JJ is a post player and not a small guard. The point is, I'm sure Suns fans back in 1988 thought Larry Nance was worth more than a rookie guard, a couple of bench players, and a first-round pick. If JJ turns into an 18-10 player who isn't a distraction, he'll be worth the cost of unloading a player who obviously isn't going to be in Phoenix much longer.

Actually, I'm wondering at this point if the Suns are going to get a better deal than this. Really. The only team I see offering up a better package is Portland, and they don't seem inclined to do so. Chicago's offer is a poo-poo platter.

RedsLakers24
02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
if cavs fan think JJ is so good how come they dont keep him?

JoeTait75
02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
if cavs fan think JJ is so good how come they dont keep him?

If the Cavs thought Kevin Johnson was so good, how come they didn't keep him?

If the Lakers thought Junior Bridgeman and Brian Winters were so good, how come they didn't keep them?

Etc, etc...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:42 PM
If JJ turns into an 18-10 player who isn't a distraction.

That's quite the hypothetical. If Goran Dragic turns into a 30-15 player, would you guys trade Lebron for him?

JoeTait75
02-14-2009, 01:46 PM
That's quite the hypothetical.

Sure it is. But aren't all deals like these about the hypothetical? It isn't as if this would be the first time one team traded a potential star for a current star. There are gambles made on potential all the time, in this game and in others. The Suns made the same gamble when they traded Larry Nance for KJ.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 01:49 PM
That's quite the hypothetical. If Goran Dragic turns into a 30-15 player, would you guys trade Lebron for him?

Say it with me "The...Suns....are....rebuilding" they are not trying to win a title this year, or next year. They are shopping for projects not All Stars. Your owner can not afford All Stars, he can afford projects. The teams with all the hyped rookies don't want to give them up because Amare won't resign there. The other trades the Suns are being offered, offer them less cap relief, and are forcing conditions on the Suns- like the Bulls giving Gooden and Thomas if you take Noah and or Hughes. The Cavs deal maximizes the cap situation and gives a good rookie with it. I know we aren't trading you Lebron James, but you shouldn't hate it that much- considering your owner is the one that has thrown in the towel.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:54 PM
do you like anyone? You don't like Amare, but anything less than 2 hall of famers for him is unacceptable.

I like plenty of players, just not whiny divas or Brazil fags that flop like it's a soccer game.

I would take the Chicago package for sure. The Cleveland package is in all likelihood nothing, JJ Hickson is not that good. Just because I don't want a couple of scrubs doesn't mean I want two future hall of famers, you're putting words in my mouth now.

Your team is trying to rebuild, but you want proven guys. That's not how it works man, you can't do both.

I'll say it again, I want the Chicago trade.

And what is your problem with the source guy? Your constantly mocking me for saying that but the guy has proven himself.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people act like a big baller posting on a fan website, "My inside sources tell me...." so I act like a dick whenever it happens. If this trade happens I'll believe he's a reliable source. Until then, he's a nerd that's seeking attention like 80% of the realgm members.

My feeling is that you are just upset that Amare wants out of the powerful Suns organization and you are mad that the Suns are in decline so you have to take your frustrations out on everyone else

Amare doesn't want out, he's said multiple times he wants to remain with the Suns. Amare deep down knows he has it easy in Phoenix w/o a media that will go after him for not playing D, if he were to play on the same team as Lebron he would have to play D or the media would eat his ass up. And why would I be frustrated my least favorite player wants out? He's a cancer.

How am I the only one that can figure this out...

If Amare tells the Grizzlies or Bulls or whoever else that he might not resign in 2010, that then all those trade scenarios you hear about are done.
Nobody is going to give up 2 key pieces to rent him for a year...so that is why Cleveland can get by with what looks like a lopsided offer. Amare has been on the market now for over a week, and nobody must have made a deal to Phoenix's liking[/QUOTE]

They are in all likelihood keeping him past the trade deadline. There would be an uproar with the fans if Amare for the Wally Szerbiak poo poo platter happened. Sarver knows that he's risking a bunch of empty seats, I'd be very surprised if they traded Tardemire at this point.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
The Cavs deal maximizes the cap situation and gives a good rookie with it.

WTF is your definition of good?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
JJ Hickson 4.4 points per game.....S-T-U-D!!!!

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:16 PM
JJ Hickson 4.4 points per game.....S-T-U-D!!!!

becuase he is raw. The guy can cleanup around the rim and can score, but he is 2 years out of high school and is still very raw. Since the Cavs are good he doesn't play much in the rotation, but if he were traded to a place where they aren't concerned about winning a championship he could learn and be good in a year or 2

RedsLakers24
02-14-2009, 02:21 PM
becuase he is raw. The guy can cleanup around the rim and can score, but he is 2 years out of high school and is still very raw. Since the Cavs are good he doesn't play much in the rotation, but if he were traded to a place where they aren't concerned about winning a championship he could learn and be good in a year or 2

Did u see what lamar did to this guy, i mean it was lamar, he made lamar look like Tim Duncan

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Maybe. One reason why I might hate this trade is given the Suns ability to develop players (or lack thereof) Hickson will be useless after Porter has a month to kill the kid's confidence.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
I like plenty of players, just not whiny divas or Brazil fags that flop like it's a soccer game.

I would take the Chicago package for sure. The Cleveland package is in all likelihood nothing, JJ Hickson is not that good. Just because I don't want a couple of scrubs doesn't mean I want two future hall of famers, you're putting words in my mouth now.

I'll say it again, I want the Chicago trade.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people act like a big baller posting on a fan website, "My inside sources tell me...." so I act like a dick whenever it happens. If this trade happens I'll believe he's a reliable source. Until then, he's a nerd that's seeking attention like 80% of the realgm members.

Amare doesn't want out, he's said multiple times he wants to remain with the Suns. Amare deep down knows he has it easy in Phoenix w/o a media that will go after him for not playing D, if he were to play on the same team as Lebron he would have to play D or the media would eat his ass up. And why would I be frustrated my least favorite player wants out? He's a cancer.

Nobody is going to give up 2 key pieces to rent him for a year...so that is why Cleveland can get by with what looks like a lopsided offer. Amare has been on the market now for over a week, and nobody must have made a deal to Phoenix's liking

Well thankfully for us Cavs' fans you are just a 14 year old sitting behind your Dad's computer while he is at work and not the GM of the Suns- I mean you just called him 'Tardemire'...who says that? That is painfully not funny.

Also, there will be no way Suns' fans will turn their back on the organization because they are such diehards. They could trade Amare for Adolph Hitlers bones and have Adolf Hitler night every Saturday and Suns fans will be there loud and proud because that is what Phoenix is known for.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Well thankfully for us Cavs' fans you are just a 14 year old sitting behind your Dad's computer while he is at work and not the GM of the Suns- I mean you just called him 'Tardemire'...who says that? That is painfully not funny.

Also, there will be no way Suns' fans will turn their back on the organization because they are such diehards. They could trade Amare for Adolph Hitlers bones and have Adolf Hitler night every Saturday and Suns fans will be there loud and proud because that is what Phoenix is known for.

LOL is that a joke? I never said the Suns had a bunch of loyal fans or anything, the arena is already dyeing down severely, if all the Mexicans no longer get to see Amare's garbage time dunks, they'll have no reason to go to the game.

If Amare gets traded we're back to the Starbury years where half the arena is empty.

Thunder Dan
02-14-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL is that a joke? I never said the Suns had a bunch of loyal fans or anything, the arena is already dyeing down severely, if all the Mexicans no longer get to see Amare's garbage time dunks, they'll have no reason to go to the game.

If Amare gets traded we're back to the Starbury years where half the arena is empty.

might not want to generalize about our friends south of the boarder on this site as I would assume 15-20% of the people that post on here are Mexican.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2009, 02:45 PM
might not want to generalize about our friends south of the boarder on this site as I would assume 15-20% of the people that post on here are Mexican.

Whatever, I can't count how many times I've heard a Laker fan say, "Drunk Mexicans that sit in the upper deck."

You can say the same thing for white Suns fans, almost all of them are Steve Nash homers.

the amount of love for Nash and Amare pisses me off.