PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan Talks About David Robinson

duncan228
02-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Short and sweet.

Tim Duncan talks about David Robinson (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3443)

Here’s what San Antonio Spurs superstars Tim Duncan said Friday in Phoenix at NBA All-Star Weekend about former teammate David Robinson.

Question: First of all, David Robinson. One of the 16 finalists for the Basketball Hall of Fame, how do you feel about that?

Tim Duncan: Easy decision. I’m happy for him. What he has been through over the years, his career, how he has touched people on and off the basketball courts, what he has done, just a great guy and glad that it’s done for on his first try.

Question: What has he meant to you in your career?

Tim Duncan: Well, he has always been like a big brother to me, ever since day one walking in there, he has always been my big brother on the court, showing me how things are done off the court, just being there for me. So, as I said, just really excited for him.

Question: How about as far as him helping you develop your games, perhaps?

Tim Duncan: I think more than anything he helped me develop my game by being there, by being next to me, taking the pressure off of me, allowing me to mature and become the player I could be on my own time instead of being forced in there in a situation where I’m the number one pick and have to be the man right off the back. It was a great situation for me.

NRHector
02-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Short and sweet.

Tim Duncan talks about David Robinson (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3443)

Here’s what San Antonio Spurs superstars Tim Duncan said Friday in Phoenix at NBA All-Star Weekend about former teammate David Robinson.

Question: First of all, David Robinson. One of the 16 finalists for the Basketball Hall of Fame, how do you feel about that?

Tim Duncan: Easy decision. I’m happy for him. What he has been through over the years, his career, how he has touched people on and off the basketball courts, what he has done, just a great guy and glad that it’s done for on his first try.

Tim Duncan: Well, he has always been like a big brother to me, ever since day one walking in there, he has always been my big brother on the court, showing me how things are done off the court, just being there for me. So, as I said, just really excited for him.

Tim Duncan: I think more than anything he helped me develop my game by being there, by being next to me, taking the pressure off of me, allowing me to mature and become the player I could be on my own time instead of being forced in there in a situation where I’m the number one pick and have to be the man right off the back. It was a great situation for me.this is the reason why the spurs are unique, they have class and pride and there is no other team in the NBA like them wheater they win the championship or not they are still the best.:flag:

lefty
02-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Tim Duncan: Well, he was a serviceable sidekick, no doubt about it

Johnny Benavidez
02-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Tim Duncan and David Robinson are down to earth guys and deserve everything good that comes there way.

Biggems
02-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Just think if Timmy could have had the DRob from 90-96, prior to the knee and back injuries.

Just think if Timmy could have had Sean, prior to his kidney ailment.

Those 3 would have torn up the NBA.....

mystargtr34
02-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Just think if Timmy could have had the DRob from 90-96, prior to the knee and back injuries.

Just think if Timmy could have had Sean, prior to his kidney ailment.

Those 3 would have torn up the NBA.....

Shaq is probably talked about the same way David Robinson is now. Great, great player - but couldnt get it done as the main man.

Brutalis
02-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Shaq is probably talked about the same way David Robinson is now. Great, great player - but couldnt get it done as the main man.

David in the Hall makes me feel real old suddenly. He taught Tim a lot, and his game was even better cause of it. That alone for me speaks beyond what he accomplished as a Spur. Which was a helluva show if you seemed to forget or just missed it.

mystargtr34
02-14-2009, 06:12 AM
David in the Hall makes me feel real old suddenly. He taught Tim a lot, and his game was even better cause of it. That alone for me speaks beyond what he accomplished as a Spur. Which was a helluva show if you seemed to forget or just missed it.

Im only 20 so i only saw Dave play from about 1999 onwards. Him and Larry Johnson use to be my favourite players from since i can remember, when i started collecting cards like a maniac. Then when I was 9 one of my mums friends went to the US for a holiday and bought me his Jersey.

I remember trading one of my D-Rob cards for a Larry Johnson rookie card and i think a shitty Matt Bullard card to one of my friends, then when i got my D-Rob jersey i wanted the card back so i went back to my friends house and stole the card off him - then only told him when we lost our hobbies about 5 years later.

wijayas
02-14-2009, 08:15 AM

Tim Duncan: I think more than anything he helped me develop my game by being there, by being next to me, taking the pressure off of me, allowing me to mature and become the player I could be on my own time instead of being forced in there in a situation where I’m the number one pick and have to be the man right off the back. It was a great situation for me.

Tim is humble enough to give credit to D-Rob on his progression. In a world of "look at me!", he exemplifies humility of a saint, but then we already know that.

NicolasBatum
02-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Now Timmy needs a young padawan...

Blake Griffin ! :rollin

CubanMustGo
02-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I see we still have effing DRob haters. Look at the crap he was surrounded with before you cast your "he couldn't get it done" judgments. Idiots.

SenorSpur
02-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Can anyone ever imagine how threatened Shaq would've been if the roles were reversed? Can anyone picture him being as selfless toward Tim, as D-Rob was? I think not.

wijayas
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Can anyone ever imagine how threatened Shaq would've been if the roles were reversed? Can anyone picture him being as selfless toward Tim, as D-Rob was? I think not.

And that's why D-Rob deserves to be in the Hall of Fame even on character alone.:toast

JWest596
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I see we still have effing DRob haters. Look at the crap he was surrounded with before you cast your "he couldn't get it done" judgments. Idiots.

To this day when and if I think about Jerry Tarkanian... <shudders>

Old School 44
02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Tim is humble enough to give credit to D-Rob on his progression. In a world of "look at me!", he exemplifies humility of a saint, but then we already know that.

+1

David and Tim, the best twin towers ever!

Biggems
02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Im only 20 so i only saw Dave play from about 1999 onwards. Him and Larry Johnson use to be my favourite players from since i can remember, when i started collecting cards like a maniac. Then when I was 9 one of my mums friends went to the US for a holiday and bought me his Jersey.

I remember trading one of my D-Rob cards for a Larry Johnson rookie card and i think a shitty Matt Bullard card to one of my friends, then when i got my D-Rob jersey i wanted the card back so i went back to my friends house and stole the card off him - then only told him when we lost our hobbies about 5 years later.

wow.

I still remember my bros taking me to Hemisphere in the early 80s to see Gervin vs English or Gervin vs the Mavs

Thomas82
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
+1

David and Tim, the best twin towers ever!

Nobody else is even close!!!

BlackBellamy
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Can you show me on the doll where David touched you, on and off the basketball court?

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2009, 02:26 PM

3-peat?..

cool hand
02-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Question?

Is DRob a Nerd?

Answer from TD:

A big stupid one.

mystargtr34
02-14-2009, 07:57 PM
3-peat?..

I was responding to a post saying what if Duncan had a prime D-Rob to play with from when he came into the league.

CubanMustGo
02-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Question?

Is DRob a Nerd?

Answer from TD:

A big stupid one.

SATs you would kill for. Smarter than you will ever be. Apparently more decent than you could ever hope to be.