K-State Spur
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
nebraska @ mizzou
tech @ sooners
texas @ colorado
ku @ k-state
ISU @ OSU
A&M @ Baylor

Nebraska, Texas, KSU, OSU, A&M, & Baylor really need wins today. A loss by Texas would put them firmly on the bubble. K-State is in the 'last 4 in' according to bracketology. Nebraska & Okie Lite need wins just to stay in the discussion. A&M/Baylor is - by most reasonable accounts - an elimination game, really hard to see the loser of that game getting a bid without running the table in the tournament.

Doug Collins
02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
nebraska @ mizzou
tech @ sooners
texas @ colorado
ku @ k-state
ISU @ OSU
A&M @ Baylor

Nebraska, Texas, KSU, OSU, A&M, & Baylor really need wins today. A loss by Texas would put them firmly on the bubble. K-State is in the 'last 4 in' according to bracketology. Nebraska & Okie Lite need wins just to stay in the discussion. A&M/Baylor is - by most reasonable accounts - an elimination game, really hard to see the loser of that game getting a bid without running the table in the tournament.

A&M is done unless they win the big 12 tourney. Pretty disappointing but they were in almost every game that they lost. They can still get quality wins over mizzou and texas, but that wont be enough.

K-State had a tough loss as well.

pkbpkb81
02-15-2009, 01:47 PM
This is going to come off veary sooner homer (which you all know iam) but day i want blake griffen to be a spur when his sooner days are over

thank about it you had David teach Tim and Now you could have Tim teach Blake

it would be great.

next point the big12 needs to pick it up we need 6 teams in

also if the rest of the big 12 dosent play better it may fuck ou out a number 1 seed

AFBlue
03-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Down to 2....

I'm hoping Baylor can pull out one more upset victory and get into the dance. Their roster has alot of firepower, but it has been the frontcourt trio of Rogers/Diene/Lomers that has really stepped it up in this tourney. If Rogers can continue to provide some low post offense and the two 7-footers can clog the paint, I think the Bears may just have a chance at the title....and a bid to the dance.

I'll be watching...

Biggems
03-14-2009, 12:46 PM
This is going to come off veary sooner homer (which you all know iam) but day i want blake griffen to be a spur when his sooner days are over

thank about it you had David teach Tim and Now you could have Tim teach Blake

it would be great.

next point the big12 needs to pick it up we need 6 teams in

also if the rest of the big 12 dosent play better it may fuck ou out a number 1 seed

that wasnt very Sooner Homer.....sheesh....you obviously have no idea how to be a complete homer, hehehehe.

you should have seen the CowboysZone forum during the college football season and the bowl season. Now there was some serious OU Homerism going on.

BTW, I wouldn't mind Blake Griffin on the Spurs....unfortunately, that aint happenin. He is a top 3 pick and the Spurs are nowhere near the lottery, since they have a top 5 record right now and no 1st round pick.

dws009
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm actually rooting for Baylor. Is anyone else not surprised by Texas rather sucking this year. I expected so much more from them this season.

In fact, this may be the first year I don't pick Texas to win a game or advance far in the Tournament. No "homer" picks on this year's bracket....

AFBlue
03-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Well Baylor couldn't pull it out, but they probably deserved to be in the NIT all along. There's always next year...

K-State Spur
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Well Baylor couldn't pull it out, but they probably deserved to be in the NIT all along. There's always next year...

Yeah, Baylor is the kind of cinderella that I hate because they should have been that good all year, but underachieved for a long stretch.

i think it was '00 when UNC went to the Final Four as 9 seed and was proclaimed to be a Cinderella. I know that they had to overcome a lot that season, only having 5 McD's All-Americans on their roster as opposed to 10.