PDA

View Full Version : The 'stimulus' bill is 1,071 pages, making it impossible for anyone to read it

Galileo
02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
[SIZE="3"]The 'stimulus' bill is 1,071 pages, making it impossible for anyone to read it before the vote

Posted February 13th, 2009 by Michael Nystrom

The final bill, crafted by a House-Senate conference committee, was posted on the Website of the House Appropriations Committe late Thurday in two PDF files....The first PDF was 424 pages long and the second PDF was 575 pages long, making the total bill 999 pages long...The first PDF, as posted on the House Appropriations Committee website as of 8:20 AM Friday morning, had grown by 72 pages to 496 pages, increasing the length of the total document to 1,071 pages.

WATCH THE 36-SECOND VIDEO!

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/82765

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4&eurl=http://www.dailypaul.com/node/82765

ChumpDumper
02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
He should probably be reading it instead of bitching about how he can't read it.

This is why members of congress have staffers.

Darkwaters
02-14-2009, 03:51 PM
He should probably be reading it instead of bitching about how he can't read it.

Exactly. I bumped into Nancy Pelosi today...in Pisa, Italy.

Why read things in detail when you can just staff someone else out to do it and call you on the airplane after the fact?

Wild Cobra
02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Old news. Here's the report:

HR-1 (http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h1pp.txt.pdf)

SouthernFried
02-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Lobbyist's who support the Bill, actually got it before Congressman, who were voting on it only hours after it was realeased.

Obama's "I promise that bills will have a 5 day waiting period so we can have open discussion..." pledge...

just another fucking lie.

Galileo
02-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Lobbyist's who support the Bill, actually got it before Congressman, who were voting on it only hours after it was realeased.

Obama's "I promise that bills will have a 5 day waiting period so we can have open discussion..." pledge...

just another fucking lie.

Ya, but the lobbyists don't vote. Any congressperson with common sense would not vote for a bill they have not read.

And a voter would have to be a retard to actually vote for a congressperson who does reads bills before voting 'yes'.

FreeMason
02-14-2009, 08:50 PM
The final bill was finished around 11 pm Thursday and voted on 9 am Friday.

If you read it at a college level it would take 12 hours nonstop to complete all 1100+ pages.

Easy to steal money when you have the ultimate free pass. But hey, as long as Bush isn't involved the government should get a free pass from me because Obama is no chump I should dump.

SouthernFried
02-14-2009, 08:58 PM
And a voter would have to be a retard to actually vote for a congressperson who does reads bills before voting 'yes'.

You've nailed it.

How you think Obama got elected in the first place? Nobody knew anything about him, even media pundits like Charlie Rose talked about it "y'know, we really don't know much about him..."

Didn't stop the "retards" at all.

...and so it goes.

spurster
02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I didn't know we had so many people in Spurstalk who can't read.

Rogue
02-14-2009, 09:46 PM
It's not a hard job because we can each take one page to read it respectively, as there are far more than 1,071 members on our forum. but who wrote it and how long did it take to wrote it?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-15-2009, 03:14 AM
reading, shmeading. this has to pass so obama can sign it on presidents day. that's pretty much all that matters. we'll work the details out later. silly losers.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-15-2009, 03:16 AM
man, Spoonfed is one hell of a guardian.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-15-2009, 03:54 AM
There is no way each member of congress has fully read every part of this bill and considered all possibilities.

Trainwreck2100
02-15-2009, 03:59 AM
even if they had the time they would have just made the Ades do it, then give them the cliffs notes

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 05:06 AM
There is no way each member of congress has fully read every part of this bill and considered all possibilities.That is true for pretty much any bill ever passed.

Is this the first time you have ever paid attention to how the US government works?

Don't bother answering. You're not paying attention. Just regurgitating talking points.

Wild Cobra
02-15-2009, 10:58 AM
That is true for pretty much any bill ever passed.

Is this the first time you have ever paid attention to how the US government works?

Don't bother answering. You're not paying attention. Just regurgitating talking points.
I agree with your assessment except for one thing. This was so important and disagreed with by so many that they should have read and understood it before voting.

Shows how unpatriotic those voting yes are. Party over nation.

Like I said before, this nation has lost the it's American heart.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree with your assessment except for one thing. This was so important and disagreed with by so many that they should have read and understood it before voting.Why do memebers of congress have staffers?

Shows how unpatriotic those voting yes are. Party over nation.Funny, you never said anything like this when Republicans were doing the exact same thing when they were in complete control of the government.

Like I said before, this nation has lost the it's American heart.Nah, you just hate America now. That's the only thing that has changed.

ducks
02-15-2009, 03:40 PM

THEY SHOULD READ IT THEY GET PAID almost 200k to read it

the bill should have been maybe 10 pages to help create the jobs
throw out the other garbage that the donkeys wanted to help their agenda

ducks
02-15-2009, 03:42 PM
That is true for pretty much any bill ever passed.

I am glad you think you know know everything
too bad you do not

balli
02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I know know that there's a lot of crying, butt-hurt, republican, hypocrites running around like headless chickens. That's what I know know.

Gino
02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Why do memebers of congress have staffers?

Funny, you never said anything like this when Republicans were doing the exact same thing when they were in complete control of the government.

Nah, you just hate America now. That's the only thing that has changed.

Funny that we've been seeing a LOT of this from chump dumper lately.

"So what?! Republicans did the same thing so we should be able to do it now!"

Do you know the amount of self-ownage you lay on yourself every time you say that? Youre not refuting that democrats are voting for a bill they KNOW is trash simply because its within their party's interest, you just claim that republicans have done it too (in the past).

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
THEY SHOULD READ IT THEY GET PAID almost 200k to read it

the bill should have been maybe 10 pages to help create the jobs
throw out the other garbage that the donkeys wanted to help their agendai don't understand why people think that Democrats shouldn't pursue their agenda while they are in power.

I am glad you think you know know everything
too bad you do notIt is too bad I don't know everything, but I'm glad I know I don't know everything.

Funny that we've been seeing a LOT of this from chump dumper lately.

"So what?! Republicans did the same thing so we should be able to do it now!"

Do you know the amount of self-ownage you lay on yourself every time you say that? Youre not refuting that democrats are voting for a bill they KNOW is trash simply because its within their party's interest, you just claim that republicans have done it too (in the past).There is no self-ownage here describing American politics.

It's true for Democrats now as it was for Republicans then. I certainly don't agree with everything the Democrats are doing, but it is delicious irony watching you idiots whine like you've never seen anything like this before.

You are incredibly butthurt losers, and I am loving every minute of watching you hate America.

Gino
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
i don't understand why people think that Democrats shouldn't pursue their agenda while they are in power.

It is too bad I don't know everything, but I'm glad I know I don't know everything.

There is no self-ownage here describing American politics.

It's true for Democrats now as it was for Republicans then. I certainly don't agree with everything the Democrats are doing, but it is delicious irony watching you idiots whine like you've never seen anything like this before.

You are incredibly butthurt losers, and I am loving every minute of watching you hate America.

Youre really pushing the "hate America" thing because Repubs have been saying it about the Dems for last 8 years, but theyre hardly similar.

Republicans dont go looking for every opportunity to brand our soldiers as war criminals and thugs. Republicans dont go out of their way to make sure terrorists are getting their fair due process. Republicans arent always shouting what an "evil" country we are or that we are the real cowards (thank you Bill Maher). Republicans arent making disingenous documentaries about how great of a nation France and Canada is compared to the USA.

The "hate america" accusation against the Dems was deserved. The 180 youre trying to pull is weak.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Youre really pushing the "hate America" thing because Repubs have been saying it about the Dems for last 8 years, but theyre hardly similar.Right, because you really hate America.

Republicans dont go looking for every opportunity to brand our soldiers as war criminals and thugs.You probably will now that Obama is giving the orders.

Republicans dont go out of their way to make sure terrorists are getting their fair due process.You just described it as "fair due process" -- that says everything anyone needs to know. Nice self-ownage, again.

Republicans arent always shouting what an "evil" country we are or that we are the real cowards (thank you Bill Maher).Yes, you are the ones who have completely deluded yourselves about this country's problems and history. You are a coward for not being able to face reality.

Republicans arent making disingenous documentaries about how great of a nation France and Canada is compared to the USA.Republicans are making equally disingenuous documentaries and news broadcasts.

The "hate america" accusation against the Dems was deserved. The 180 youre trying to pull is weak.It was weaker when Republicans did it. Now you are just being a pussy because you know it was a stupid thing for you do do in the first place. You can suck on it.

Gino
02-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Right, because you really hate America.

You probably will now that Obama is giving the orders.

You just described it as "fair due process" -- that says everything anyone needs to know. Nice self-ownage, again.

Yes, you are the ones who have completely deluded yourselves about this country's problems and history. You are a coward for not being able to face reality.

Republicans are making equally disingenuous documentaries and news broadcasts.

It was weaker when Republicans did it. Now you are just being a pussy because you know it was a stupid thing for you do do in the first place. You can suck on it.

:lol:lol

Once again! Youre going back to the "well you guys did it so we can do it too" argument.

No, I dont think the accusation that liberals hate America is stupid. I think its pretty spot on. If you asked most liberals if there's any country that they "hate", Im guessing the only one they would say was "this one".

Can you honestly tell me you dont think thats true? And can you honestly tell me that you think conservatives would ever say the same thing?

btw - I was a soldier and I could never hate our current soldiers because of the orders being given out by the Prez. Thats the dumbest thing you've said yet, chumpdumper!!!

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
:lol:lol

Once again! Youre going back to the "well you guys did it so we can do it too" argument.:lol:lol You're whining because you did it and don't want it done to you.

No, I dont think the accusation that liberals hate America is stupid. I think its pretty spot on. If you asked most liberals if there's any country that they "hate", Im guessing the only one they would say was "this one".No, it's stupid -- just like you are a fucking idiot for thinking so.

Can you honestly tell me you dont think thats true?I can honestly tell you I don't think that's true.

And can you honestly tell me that you think conservatives would ever say the same thing?They wouldn't either. That's why it was so incredibly stupid for you and your ilk to bring it up. You are fucking idiots, and you are especially stupid for thinking we were serious when we turned it around on you once Obama became president and devoted one of your little tantrums to it. It's amazing just how stupid you are.

btw - I was a soldier and I could never hate our current soldiers because of the orders being given out by the Prez. Thats the dumbest thing you've said yet, chumpdumper!!!btw - I will never expect you to understand anything, dumbass!!!

Gino
02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
:lol:lol You're whining because you did it and don't want it done to you.

No, it's stupid -- just like you are a fucking idiot for thinking so.

I can honestly tell you I don't think that's true.

They wouldn't either. That's why it was so incredibly stupid for you and your ilk to bring it up. You are fucking idiots, and you are especially stupid for thinking we were serious when we turned it around on you once Obama became president and devoted one of your little tantrums to it. It's amazing just how stupid you are.

btw - I will never expect you to understand anything, dumbass!!!

Getting a little angry, are we? :lol

Im glad that you admit that you dont REALLY think repubs hate America and youre just trying to spin the attack that youve obviously been hit with many times.

OBVIOUSLY, it really bothered you! I think youre mad at the wrong guys though. You should be mad at your fellow libs. Theyre the ones who honestly hate America.

btw - When your response to EVERY argument is "youre stupid!!", you start to sound REALLY childish. Just a tip.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Getting a little angry, are we? :lolNot at all. It's just amazing how little you can understand without having your hand held.

Im glad that you admit that you dont REALLY think repubs hate America and youre just trying to spin the attack that youve obviously been hit with many times.I had to spell it out for you. You want a spoon next time?

OBVIOUSLY, it really bothered you! I think youre mad at the wrong guys though. You should be mad at your fellow libs. Theyre the ones who honestly hate America.They honestly do not. That's why it's so fun and easy to turn it on you.

btw - When your response to EVERY argument is "youre stupid!!", you start to sound REALLY childish. Just a tip.btw - when your response to EVERY argument is abject stupidity and outright ignorance, you start to sound REALLY stupid and ignorant. Just a tip.

Gino
02-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Not at all. It's just amazing how little you can understand without having your hand held.

I had to spell it out for you. You want a spoon next time?

They honestly do not. That's why it's so fun and easy to turn it on you.

btw - when your response to EVERY argument is abject stupidity and outright ignorance, you start to sound REALLY stupid and ignorant. Just a tip.

:rolleyes

Youre really pushing the "hate America" thing because Repubs have been saying it about the Dems for last 8 years, but theyre hardly similar.

Too easy. What else ya got?

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 09:43 PM
:rolleyes

Too easy. What else ya got?No, you didn't get it, and apparently still don't, even after it was spelled out for you.

Let me know when you do get it, then we can continue to discuss the other ways you are an idiot.

ducks
02-15-2009, 09:49 PM
i don't understand why people think that Democrats shouldn't pursue their agenda while they are in power.

according to th epresident this bill is to help save jobs
this bill is everything but that

Wild Cobra
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
according to the president this bill is to help save jobs
this bill is everything but that
Yep, ye is either really dumb, or thinks we are.

I caught a glimpse of the Mike Huckabee show channel surfing. I wish I saw the whole segment, but it was good. He calls it CRAP:

Congressional
Relief
Action
Program

He had some rather bad things to say about the demonrats.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-15-2009, 10:26 PM
you pretty much lost every argument with that statement right there.

George Gervin's Afro
02-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Should the party that wins a presidential election pursure it's agenda?

Yes or No.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
according to th epresident this bill is to help save jobs
this bill is everything but thatBut it's impossible to read it so no one can possibly know, right?

ChumpDumper
02-16-2009, 12:00 AM
you pretty much lost every argument with that statement right there.Please explain why a party in power -- one with close to a supermajority -- should not pursue its agenda.

Be specific.
Should the party that wins a presidential election pursure it's agenda?

Yes or No.Or just answer that. Whatever.