PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion????

tbear280
02-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Now I'm just throwin this one out there, but f*$# Vince carter he gets hurt more then my 93 year old grandma! What do yall think about not making a trade right now and going after Shawn Marion in the off season?????? Would he cost too much? He plays D, he can score, and he is a team player.I think he would fit in to SF perfectly and he can score. What do yall think???

timvp
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Adding a choker who doesn't care at all about winning wouldn't be my offseason priority.

Duncan2177
02-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Adding a choker who doesn't care at all about winning wouldn't be my offseason priority.

Your crazy

Austin_Toros
02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
some crazy team out there will offer Marion more than what he's worth

Leetonidas
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Your crazy

Is he? Or is he THAT fucking sane?

Rogue
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Now I'm just throwin this one out there, but f*$# Vince carter he gets hurt more then my 93 year old grandma! What do yall think about not making a trade right now and going after Shawn Marion in the off season?????? Would he cost too much? He plays D, he can score, and he is a team player.I think he would fit in to SF perfectly and he can score. What do yall think???
:lol

smrattler
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Just cuz you are a player on a team does not make you a team player. :lol

Chieflion
02-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Oh really? Your 1st post about VC was false. Marion is just a washed up forward.

Biggems
02-14-2009, 06:57 PM
marion is a very good all around player...unfortunately, he overvalues himself. he was great in the Suns system cause they had Nash, Amare, Bell, Johnson, Q, etc. Plus, a lot of his game was athleticism....as he has gotten older, he has lost some of it.

he was not very good on the Heat. I doubt he does well in Toronto.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Your crazy

:nope

He knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

Marion has never come up big when it matters, and has openly stated that he'd rather be the man on a poor team than sacrifice his numbers to win. He's a cancer. He's not Spurs material.

I'd take Jamario Moon over Marion any day.

Duncan2177
02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Is he? Or is he THAT fucking sane?

I would say he's fucking insane dude.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
I would say he's fucking insane dude.

That's because you think like a 14yo fantasy GM, rather than examining the details.

Duncan2177
02-14-2009, 07:05 PM
That's because you think like a 14yo fantasy GM, rather than examining the details.

Was i talking to you fuckhead?

coyotes_geek
02-14-2009, 07:06 PM
On court I think it would be okay. He is skilled and he does play hard. Yeah, he has disappeared in crunch time before, but it's not like the Spurs would be bringing him in to be their leader.

The problem with Marion would be off court. He's always worried about how much respect he's getting compared to other guys, how much he gets paid, etc. I don't think that's a good fit. This offseason he's just going to be looking for the biggest payday and that's not going to be the Spurs.

tbear280
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
He has never been in a great system though? The Suns were good but not great like the team that kept them from winning a championship, DA SPURS!!!! The Heat suck & Toronto sucks. Maybe if he was in a great organization,and had a great team,players, & coach like the Spurs do. Is he a Corey Magette type of player,all about himself? I'd much rather have him then Vince Carter!

exstatic
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
some crazy team out there will offer Marion more than what he's worth

One team already did, once. I think his move to Miami exposed him for the "system player" he was, and was overpaid as in Phoenix.

Chieflion
02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
He has never been in a great system though? The Suns were good but not great like the team that kept them from winning a championship, DA SPURS!!!! The Heat suck & Toronto sucks. Maybe if he was in a great organization,and had a great team,players, & coach like the Spurs do. Is he a Corey Magette type of player,all about himself? I'd much rather have him then Vince Carter!

Things to make Marion effective

Fast break orientated system. Look at his release. That was my release when I am 9 years old. Space is needed for his shot.

Must be a garbage player, get offensive putbacks or some sort. But he doesnt want that for some reason, wants to be a 2nd option.

Marion is Corey Maggette + Defense.

Vince Carter is better, plays for his team, not a stat whore like the Matrix.

Mal
02-14-2009, 07:23 PM

For half of MLE :lol ?

Rogue
02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Things to make Marion effective

Fast break orientated system. Look at his release. That was my release when I am 9 years old. Space is needed for his shot.

Must be a garbage player, get offensive putbacks or some sort. But he doesnt want that for some reason, wants to be a 2nd option.

Marion is: Bruce Bowen - Defense

Vince Carter is better, plays for his team, not a stat whore like the Matrix.
fixed

Chieflion
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
fixed
I don't even want to agree with the your change, bro.

StoneBuddha
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I'll have to respectively pass!

The Spurs have exposed Marion's game enough times in the playoffs.

He needs to be in the right system and I think he's declining pretty quickly at this point. His defense might be useful but offensively I can hardly think of a worse fit for the Spurs.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2009, 07:36 PM

He's the anti-team player.

In Phoenix, he was such a bitch that they had to pretty much have a person in management assigned to calm him down from all his tantrums about being jealous of Nash/Stoudemire.

One time the Suns cheerleaders were wearing Nash/Stoudemire's jerseys in a skit and not his, and he really went off about that. (Imagine how well that would work out under Pop? :lol)

In ESPN Magazine, he said something to the effect of ... People might might think Steve Nash is the MVP of the league, but I'm the MVP of this team.

He constantly complained to D'Antoni about not getting plays run for him and that he should get more touches (Again, imagine this under Pop.)

In general, he's about as opposite of "Spur-like" as you can get. You have to buy into the team first mentality here, or you get sat.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2009, 07:42 PM
...The problem with Marion would be off court. He's always worried about how much respect he's getting compared to other guys, how much he gets paid, etc. I don't think that's a good fit. This offseason he's just going to be looking for the biggest payday and that's not going to be the Spurs.

Exactly.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Was i talking to you fuckhead?

I believe this is a forum where people express a view and others respond. You want private conversation, try PMs, moron.

It's not my fault you have very little of insight to say, so getting nasty isn't helping you.

SenorSpur
02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
In general, he's about as opposite of "Spur-like" as you can get. You have to buy into the team first mentality here, or you get sat.

... or worse, you wont garner any free-agent consideration.