PDA

View Full Version : Hear it here first - Spurs Thump Suns 3rd Game

Rummpd
03-06-2005, 08:44 AM
This is a few games premature but heck its a Sunday morning and looking at the week ahead with anticipation for one Spurs game.

Early in the year I was one of the brave souls who predicted a first game blowout by Spurs over Suns. It happened.

Then I predicted a close one with Spurs winning. It happened.

Spurs will blowout Suns again (by at least 10 points) on 3rd regular season try = Why?

1) Lost in the hoop ha of Manu's great game was the fact that during that game Parker (we retrospectively found out he was ill) was very ineffective. However, in game one when well he blew by Nash et. al. and dominated the game and over his career he has usually got the best of Nash. In game 3 he will again. Parker will be the star of the game. Hell this might be his triple double the way he is playing.

2) Duncan although he had some flashes in game 2 was not dominant in either game. Mr. MVP is back playing at that level and has also been clutch. Look for him to have field day with a 30-35 point + 15+ rebound effort and be especially great on defense.

3) Nazr I believe is being purposely rested to spell Rasho (who is playing great defense and will also bring it in this game) next week and his play on Amare could be huge and I also believe he will bring some offense to this game. Horry is also showing signs of recovery and his defense will also help on Amare.

4) Bowen absolutely owns Marion when motivated and I believe he will be.

5) I just feel it. Spurs are winning close games and sort of coasting but traditionally play their best ball against tougher teams. They will do that on Wed. They know this is an important game that in reality would go a long way to locking up 1 seed.

Mark it down, big and decisive win by Spurs even though back to back etc.

Jimcs50
03-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I feel so much better now, thanks.

tsb2000
03-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I hope you're right, but remember the Spurs will be on the 2nd night of a back-to-back going into Phoenix. :)

td4mvp21
03-06-2005, 11:41 AM
I hope your right too. Its gonna be very tough, especially on the night of a b2b. Since we play New Jersey at home, hopefully we can get a big lead early and rest the starters the rest of the game.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:45 AM
I have to disagree, I know you're just trying to be optimistic, but optimistic is one thing, and reality another. The Suns aren't just any team, we barely beat them in game 2. I have to say that if we are to beat them again, its gonna have to be a 1 or 2 point affair, and no blowout. I respect Nash, Stoudamire and Marion too much to predict a blowout, these are not easy players to overcome.

boutons
03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
The Suns will be out for blood after the Spurs stole the second game from them.

Spurs are the ONLY team the Suns haven't beaten.

Spurs will be on the road in 2nd of B2B. Suns will have 2 days rest.

SPAM or not, the Spurs simply aren't playing solid basketball. Wed night would be a great time for the Spurs to play a championship-level game. Above all, play shut-down defense for 48 minutes, defense, as always, being the backbone of the Spurs game.

Suns going into the playoffs 0-3 against the Spurs would put severe doubts in the Suns.
But the Suns beating @Mavs, Pistons, @Sonics, Spurs, and Rockets in a two-week period would have just the opposite effect.

Go Spurs Go

Slo spurs fan
03-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Spurs always played good against A teams this season, so no worrys. Nets won't even heat up Spurs for next game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-06-2005, 01:04 PM
The key thing to watch is the minutes Tuesday night. If Pop gets stupid and doesn't use his bench judiciously then we are screwed.

rascal
03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Suns will win the next game if they are healthy.

ChumpDumper
03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
The key thing to watch is the minutes Tuesday night. If Pop gets stupid and doesn't use his bench judiciously then we are screwed.By the same token, I hope he doesn't throw away Tuesday's game overusing an ineffective bench....

Jimcs50
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Phoenix will have had 2 full days rest before this game. I do not see SA being able to keep up with a fully rested Suns team, after they themselves had just played the night before in SA. They will have to fly ain the middle of the night, and have to play in a different time zone...so some jet lag might be in play as well.

caŽlo
03-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Spurs always played good against A teams this season, so no worrys. Nets won't even heat up Spurs for next game.

i just hope vc wouldnt heat up as much as he did during our last match.

we almost got toasted n that game.

Rummpd
03-06-2005, 03:23 PM
No worries. These same sentiments were out there before game 1 about the "unbeatable Suns" and again before game 2 = no way Spurs beat them again and all that BS.

Mark it down Spurs to beat Suns in a decisive manner. Why? Again, Duncan is Duncan again, and Parker is playing like a stud and won' t be sick again. All the rest will fall into place.

td4mvp21
03-06-2005, 05:28 PM
^That is exactly how it should it be.

Hopefully thats what it will be.

1Parker1
03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Suns will be out for revenge, especially after the last game. Secondly, I doubt Manu will have another 48 pt outing to save us. Also, even though he has been clutch in the 4th quarter lately, overall his playing has been inconsistent. That with the weak play from the bench lately is not a good combo. Tony and Tim can't carry the team, no matter how many points they score.

Tony is going to have a tough time, especially. He will be playing Kidd on Tuesday and Nash on Wed. Tough assignments. Also, I think he has been playing nearly 39-40 min since the all star break.

Duncan has been playing MVP ball since ALL-star, however, again it'll be the second game in a back to back, he may have some trouble.

To say this game will be a blowout is purly Nostradamus0like prediction. It'll be a close one...hopefully Spurs will come out on top :)

Rummpd
03-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh ye all of little faith.

Just have to wait and see!

1Parker1
03-06-2005, 07:28 PM
LOL. I hope you're right, Rummpd (Oh ye of too much faith ;))