PDA

View Full Version : Duncan respecting the Nuggets

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-15-2009, 03:52 AM
Many expect the Lakers and Spurs to meet in the West finals for the second straight season. Injury-plagued New Orleans (30-20) was projected to be a West title contender, but sits in sixth place in the conference. Quietly, the Denver Nuggets have the West's third-best record at 36-17. And when asked if there was a team outside the Lakers that makes him nervous, Duncan mentioned Denver.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/02/15/gifted_four_looking_out_for_no_1/?page=2

Thanks Timmay :hat

Chieflion
02-15-2009, 03:55 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/02/15/gifted_four_looking_out_for_no_1/?page=2

Thanks Timmay :hat
You know, when the Hornets are your projected 1st round opponent, don't mention the Spurs yet.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2009, 04:18 AM
timmy was bs, cause he knows spurs would sweep the nuggets if they ever meet again in the playoffs...

beating the nuggets is like beating the PAU GASOL led MEMPHIS team in the past when they keep on gettin knocked out in the first round by the spurs.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Except the Grizzlies didn't do much to improve, did they?. The Nuggets are now led by someone who oozes playoff experience and i think that will make a huge difference

Ghazi
02-15-2009, 04:58 AM
AS long as backward fighting bitch is the best player on the Nuggets, they should not be feared.

Kamnik
02-15-2009, 07:35 AM
healthy Spurs have too many weapons to fear the Nuggets in a best of 7.

Nuggets are 1 good bigman away from being contenders.

Chieflion
02-15-2009, 07:44 AM
healthy Spurs have too many weapons to fear the Nuggets in a best of 7.

Nuggets are 1 good bigman away from being contenders.

You do know that the Spurs are also in need of a decent big man from being able to win it all. Right?

Unfortunately for the Spurs, the Nuggets have a better starting frontcourt than ours, we are just better in terms of depth.

Who pays Kenyon Martin for 14 million dollars a season anyway? Plain morons.

MI21
02-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Nuggets will take Game 1 @ SA then lose 4-1 :)

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-15-2009, 07:57 AM
blame Kiki.......thank goodness Kmart is finally producing a little and is a beast on the defensive end. Nowhere near 14mil worth but at least healthy and producing

He can guard any position and Nene can take care of the opposing 5 if their 5 is a post player.

Kamnik
02-15-2009, 07:58 AM
You do know that the Spurs are also in need of a decent big man from being able to win it all. Right?

Unfortunately for the Spurs, the Nuggets have a better starting frontcourt than ours, we are just better in terms of depth.

1. Our decent bigman could be Bonner...

2. Um... Playoff Duncan... you really think Nene can be as good as Duncan in the playoffs? And K-Mart is NOT better than Bonner.

Chieflion
02-15-2009, 08:01 AM
1. Our decent bigman could be Bonner...

2. Um... Playoff Duncan... you really think Nene can be as good as Duncan in the playoffs? And K-Mart is NOT better than Bonner.

Mobile bigs like Nene are extremely effectively against Duncan. See Bogut.

wijayas
02-15-2009, 08:15 AM
timmy was bs, cause he knows spurs would sweep the nuggets if they ever meet again in the playoffs...

beating the nuggets is like beating the PAU GASOL led MEMPHIS team in the past when they keep on gettin knocked out in the first round by the spurs.

Hmmm, I don't think Timmy is paying lip service. Nene always gave Timmy problems down low. Then they have Carmelo, K-Mart and now Billups. They are #3 in teh West for a reason. Also, they lost Carmelo for quite a number of games and still hold the fort. Let's not assume anything. And let's not get arrogant. We have not achieved anything yet.

STX_21
02-15-2009, 09:02 AM
These guys have a legit team. In addition to Nene, Kmart, Billups and Carmelo, they have JR Smith who has turned into a very effective scorer. We cannot compare this nuggets team to any other Nuggets team from the past. Chauncy makes a big difference. However, I don't believe in George Karl. George Karl cannot beat the Spurs.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
yeh GK is the Nuggets biggest weakness, i totally agree with that.

He has this messed up idea that Dahntay Jones is starting caliber and that he is a defensive stopper :lmao

The Nuggets won't go far coz of GK and not lack of talent

FreeMason
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
If only the Spurs had Nene :(

Borosai
02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Duncan's mind games.

urunobili
02-15-2009, 11:34 AM
duncan's mind games.

+1

Destro
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Billups is going to improve that team in the playoffs. Denver tends to lose the mind game during the playoffs but Chauncy might be able to keep them on track. He is a great team leader.

EricB
02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Their defense is gonna take a huge hit in the playoffs with no Marcus Camby.

That will be too much to overcome. That and no bench.

KaiRMD1
02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Nah, the Nuggets improved a lot this season just by adding Chauncey Billups. The problem now is how well they'll do in the playoffs.

Ditty
02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
nuggets dont scare me we blew them out over there they beat a no chemistry spurs team at home and they almost lost to the spurs scrubs i hope we play them in the second round

wildbill2u
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Denver made the smartest move of the year by trading Iverson for Billups. Iverson is a legitimate superstar talent, but has yet to prove he can work within a team concept.

GK is a better coach than many here give credit. He's been to the finals and can work wonders with a team that has 'old school' attitudes of "no I in team".

NugzFan
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Their defense is gonna take a huge hit in the playoffs with no Marcus Camby.

That will be too much to overcome. That and no bench.

lol people keep saying that but our defense is much better now that camby is gone.

NugzFan
02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
nuggets dont scare me we blew them out over there they beat a no chemistry spurs team at home and they almost lost to the spurs scrubs i hope we play them in the second round

ever heard of a comma? holy crap thats hard to read! :lol