PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested for anti-social behavior order for whistling Addams Family tune

MiamiHeat
02-15-2009, 02:03 PM
A nuisance neighbour who taunted an elderly couple by whistling the theme from the Addams Family whenever he saw them has been jailed.

Leopold Wrobel harassed the pensioners for more than four years, making them feel like prisoners in their home.

His victims, Michael and Kathleen Sharpe, said Wrobel had 'nearly succeeded' in destroying their lives.

Wrobel, 51, had been handed an anti-social behaviour order last December for harassing the couple.

But a court heard his nuisance behaviour, which had already lasted for four years, continued on the day the order was imposed.

The court was shown CCTV footage from cameras on the Sharpes' property, which picked up Wrobel's repeated whistling when they arrived at or left the house.

Michael Treharne, prosecuting, said each incident taken in isolation would probably seem silly or almost pathetic.

But he added: 'If something happens on an ongoing basis and goes on and on and on, eventually it reaches the stage of being absolutely intolerable.'

Mr Sharpe, from Wingerworth in Derbyshire, told the court Wrobel's behaviour had made his wife ill and she had started losing her hair.

'It's been devastating and it's done what he wanted to do, to try to destroy our lives,' the 68-year-old said. 'He very nearly succeeded.'

His wife told magistrates they could not leave the house without Wrobel being there.

The 66-year-old added: 'He frightens me, I've not been able to live a normal life. I was a prisoner in my own home.'

link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144462/Man-jailed-harrassing-elderly-neighbours-whistling-Addams-Family-theme-time-saw-them.html)

lol

is this even legal to arrest him because he's whistling?

picture the guy whistling this every time the old couple comes home

xL_9zdu4iVw

I wonder if the old couple actually DOES look creepy?

Eddie Munster
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
That's creepy.

Bender
02-15-2009, 04:43 PM
when I saw this thread title, I knew right away that it had to be in England. No one is allowed to hurt anyone's feelings over there, including criminals feelings.

resistanze
02-15-2009, 05:59 PM
You mean they couldn't get their grandson to come by and kick that guy's ass?

manufor3
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
thats stupid...

angel_luv
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
The ability to whistle whole theme songs is impressive.

The guy should move to the USA and audition for America's Got Talent.

:lol

samikeyp
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
That's creepy.

and at the same time, kooky.

I would even dare say its mysterious and spooky

but definetly all together ooky.

But hey, its the Addams Family.

:)

angel_luv
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
:lol

SpursStalker
02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
We must be bored ...

Just what we need more frivolous law suits

Jhonny
02-16-2009, 03:02 PM
It was his fault...

Walter Day
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I thought MiamiHeat was an intelligent poster.