PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Suns fire Porter

DynastyBuilder
02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-gentrysuns021509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PHOENIX – Phoenix Suns officials were meeting with Alvin Gentry Sunday afternoon to finalize a agreement for him to replace Terry Porter as head coach, an NBA source with knowledge of the talks said.

Gentry, the Suns’ lead assistant who has previously been a head coach with the Los Angeles Clippers, Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat, will take over for the remainder of the season.

(my bad, meant to put this in the BB forum)

Sigz
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL Suns.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I heard Kerr was taking over, not Gentry.

EricB
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Helloooo Lottery

Mr Bones
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
The run of the Suns is over.
They've got permanent spur scars on their sides.

Jmoney
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I wonder how much the suns would embrace Gentry if they only knew he was once a spurs assistant. Are they going to boo him before every game?

Behrooz24
02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
He can't really do much worse...amirite?

spursncowboys
02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
WHy even hire the guy? The owners had to have known that the Sun's were on their way down. I think Porter had done alot more that DAntoni would have done with this squad.

BSofA04
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
This is why the Suns are doomed. You bring in a coach to change the philsophy of the team, expect miracles after half a season and when things don't go right they fire him. He didn't even have a full season to get "his" type of personel in.

Phoenix fans should also be blamed. They complain when their team isn't playing "fun" (scoring lots of points), but also complain when they suck ass in the playoffs because of a gimicky system. So when that obviously fails, why crap on Porter for trying to change the culture of a team? They get what they deserve.

wisnub
02-15-2009, 07:22 PM
The suns is doomed. They sucks so bad, want to win but dont know what to do. First they try to be like Spurs by hiring Kerr as GM, then want to try to learn defense by hiring Porter, want to dominate in paint by getting Shaq but still fail because he just too old although he still think he is the best but he is not. I heard they even willing to trade Stoudemaire. This team is fucking pathetic. How can Suns fans defend this? They fire D'Antoni,then Porter, then want to trade anybody but Nash (which is 36 years old but still a good player)..so to sum up Nash is getting old, Shaq is finished, they want to trade Amare, firing coach..what next? this team is a loser and no intelligent argument will show bright side in todays condition

SenorSpur
02-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Impatience and instability. All the ingredients for chaos and disorder. No one should be surprisesd.

Nice job Sarver. The NBA version of Jerry Jones. :lol

DynastyBuilder
02-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice job Sarver. The NBA version of Jerry Jones. :lol

I said the same thing yesterday to a friend of mine. Except I threw out the cavet on championships and that Jerry is the GM, is Sarver going to take Kerr's spot?

EricB
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
I said the same thing yesterday to a friend of mine. Except I threw out the cavet on championships and that Jerry is the GM, is Sarver going to take Kerr's spot?

He's personally shopping Amare Stoudamire around so I would say he's well on his way.

Kamnik
02-15-2009, 07:37 PM

:lol

SenorSpur
02-15-2009, 07:37 PM

With hiim flying across the country to meet privately with team leaders and calling around fielding offers for Stoudamire, some would say he already has.

DynastyBuilder
02-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah I know he's trying to make deals but Kerr is still in place. Maybe the second shoe falls soon?

scanry
02-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Helloooo Lottery

and their lottery pick goes to the Oklahoma Thunders. :lol

nadroj117
02-15-2009, 07:48 PM
What a great All-Star weekend for Porter... ouch

EricB
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM

I'm gonna be called nuts, but I think the Thunder are gonna be a playoff team next year.

Two good lottery picks and the young guys developing more.

The Thunder are gonna be tough next year.

SenorSpur
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
What a great All-Star weekend for Porter... ouch

Don't feel too bad for him. He's got a 3-yr contract.

I wonder what this move will do to the supposed close friendship between Kerr and Porter. You see Sarver's hands all over this move.

meestahmeestah
02-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I wonder how much the suns would embrace Gentry if they only knew he was once a spurs assistant. Are they going to boo him before every game?

:lmao

N4th4n
02-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Actualy, that is next years lottery pick.

DynastyBuilder
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm gonna be called nuts, but I think the Thunder are gonna be a playoff team next year.

Two good lottery picks and the young guys developing more.

The Thunder are gonna be tough next year.

I like what they got in place with Westbrook, Green and Durant.

baseline bum
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM

It's their 2010 first round pick that goes to the Thunder (unprotected).

stéphane
02-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Joe Johnson's nose fracture maybe changed the future of the franchise, talk about details.
Not like I feel bad for Phx, but gotta feel bad for the true and classy fans down there.

EricB
02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
It's their 2010 first round pick that goes to the Thunder (unprotected).

Even better for the Thunder, cause the Suns will be even worse in 2010.

EricB
02-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Joe Johnson's nose fracture maybe changed the future of the franchise, talk about details.
Not like I feel bad for Phx, but gotta feel bad for the true and classy fans down there.

Yeah them just letting Joe Johnson walk and settling for Boris Diaw really ended up being a killer.

Iceman Cometh was 1000% rigth about Joe Johnson beng a damn good player, gotta give him props for that.

Rogue
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah them just letting Joe Johnson walk and settling for Boris Diaw really ended up being a killer.

Iceman Cometh was 1000% rigth about Joe Johnson beng a damn good player, gotta give him props for that.
Joe Johnson's trade should have been a good trade for suns if Hawks' pick of 07 was not protected or top 3. It's still a fair deal to trade Joe Johnson for Diaw and Al Horford if it happens today, but Robin Lopez is still an uncertain piece of talent. at least suns felt good in the first season after this trade, Diaw played good at C and finally won the MIP at the end of the season. Joe Johnson is a great guard but still not able to change the dignity of suns in the postseason even if he is still playing for suns, suns need some aid in the paint to survive in playoffs. Lopez is more helpful than Joe Johnson in postseason in terms of that. :lol

superbigtime
02-15-2009, 09:44 PM

Yeah, all 2 of them.

50 cent
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
ESPN Radio played a clip of Amare being asked what Porter has done to help his game and the silence was very awkward.

Some major chemistry problems going on in that locker room.

raspsa
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I bet that the "fire Gentry" threads will start springing up like mushrooms after a couple of losses.. Porter is probably relieved to get off that sinking ship before the real agony starts.. probably laughing his way to the bank..

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 02:06 AM
the phoenix suns...such a sad, tragic story.....

phyzik
02-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Suns fans know it but most wont ever admit it out of pride (and I respect that) but The whole reason for their metldown can be solely contributed to the Spurs.

Ocotillo
02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
CIA Pop: Kerr is a mole planted to destroy the Suns.

Next mission: Dell Demps replaces Mitch Kupchak

xellos88330
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM

Actually it will be spork scars. :wow