PDA

View Full Version : Arm sleeve on nba players

stxspurs
02-15-2009, 10:58 PM
ive been seeing more and more of this...wtf is it for??? i think players think it looks cool or something. some not even on the shooting arm. if its a legit reason i dont know what it is.
especially nate wearing one for the dunk contest...needed? i doubt it.

Austin_Toros
02-15-2009, 11:11 PM
i was thinking about this the other day. it seems like more players than ever are wearing them.

i know that Iverson used to wear his because of an injured elbow, but once that healed he continued to wear it as a fashion trend. it seems to have caught on.
as for nate, i guess he just wanted to look "cool."

m33p0
02-15-2009, 11:20 PM
compression sleeves. helps prevent injuries. don't ask me how.

greywheel
02-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought some players wore them to cover up indecent tattoos.

sribb43
02-15-2009, 11:22 PM
i think its a gay look and nothing is gayer than seeing some guy at 24hr fitness or in some rec league wearing the sleeve

angelbelow
02-16-2009, 02:53 AM
I thought some players wore them to cover up indecent tattoos.

i think thats one of the reasons. and..

i think its a gay look and nothing is gayer than seeing some guy at 24hr fitness or in some rec league wearing the sleeve

lol

Austin_Toros
02-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Interesting reads on the the sleeve:

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-playing-field/200804/allen-iverson-kobe-bryant-and-basketballs-placebo-effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_sleeve

:flag:

Bob Lanier
02-16-2009, 03:37 AM
Actually, there are gayer things than your checking out some guy at the gym.

Broaden your horizons a bit.

reggiekaty
06-21-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought my mcdavid hex sleeves at http://www.wristbandsusa.com/etoad/index.php?preq=productthumbs&actCatId=42&catId=38. The padding helps protect my elbows.

monosylab1k
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I always thought it was used to keep the muscles in the shooting arm warm and theoretically make you shoot better. I think they look pretty cool to be honest. Wearing them on your non-shooting arm is pretty gay tho.

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
If youre an nba player it looks pretty cool, unless youre white. But if youre just at the playground or gym with one, thats fucking retarded.

Allanon
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Dwight Howard had some cool ones during the NBA Finals. And if you're on the court, it's much easier to identify your team member or star player wearing it when their arm's in a crowd.

I don't think scrubs should wear them. I've noticed the star players on a team do wear them. LeBron and Mo, Carmelo, Dwight, DWade, etc.

TimDunkem
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
lol That Rec center thing was funny, but I don't see what's wrong with them. Some use it as a placebo for injuries, some have pads to legitimately prevent injuries, some use it as a fashion statement, or to cover something up. I thought this was common knowledge?...

haha What about sweatbands?

kcplayboi_26
06-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Dwight said he only wears his because it looks cool

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2009, 01:18 PM
lol That Rec center thing was funny, but I don't see what's wrong with them. Some use it as a placebo for injuries, some have pads to legitimately prevent injuries, some use it as a fashion statement, or to cover something up. I thought this was common knowledge?...

haha What about sweatbands?

I dont have any problems with a wristband or headband, its easier than using your shirt to wipe off the sweat and it keeps the sweat out of the eyes.

KidCongo
06-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Dwight Howard had some cool ones during the NBA Finals. And if you're on the court, it's much easier to identify your team member or star player wearing it when their arm's in a crowd.

I don't think scrubs should wear them. I've noticed the star players on a team do wear them. LeBron and Mo, Carmelo, Dwight, DWade, etc.

Yeh, LeBron didn't wear one then just before the 1st Lakers game this year he did then wore that until after All-Star break. Then he took it off and had it on for some of the playoffs.

Mo even had 2 sleeves going on at some stages this season.

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Kevin Willis had the best ones!