PDA

View Full Version : Did Timmy get booed in the introduction???

Rapper
02-16-2009, 01:40 AM
I can't believe in that:wow and I noticed that when Timmy got booed in the intro, Kobe laughed at Timmy

Did you guys notice at that?

duncan228
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't think Kobe was laughing at Duncan, I think he was laughing at the fans booing.

BlackSwordsMan
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I heard no boos

Rapper
02-16-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't think Kobe was laughing at Duncan, I think he was laughing at the fans booing.

yep, you're right.

There was no reason kobe laughed at Timmy

mudyez
02-16-2009, 01:48 AM
very classy suns fans...they definatly booded...but I felt like we just got handed a trophy with that: "the sunskillers´" throphy which soon will be called "the annual tim duncan award" :)

baseline bum
02-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Duncan's ended their season five times; 3 times when Phoenix was the favorites in the series. Makes sense they'd be pissed, as Tim cost them at least one almost certain title (in '07) and a pretty good shot in '05.

Killakobe81
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM
They booed i heard it ..did the same during shooting starts competition boos are actually a sign of respect they don't boo Matt bonner they boo the Suns killer tim Duncan

MANUUU
02-16-2009, 01:56 AM
what was kobe laughing at? he got boo'd right after duncan did lol

Ghazi
02-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Duncan's ended their season five times; 3 times when Phoenix was the favorites in the series. Makes sense they'd be pissed, as bullshit technicalities cost them at least one almost certain title (in '07) and a pretty good shot in '05.

Fixed :downspin::downspin:

Man In Black
02-16-2009, 02:00 AM
in 04 at Staples Center, Tim & Manu were booed there too.
It's nothing new, especially when the Spurs have ended your season.

Rogue
02-16-2009, 02:01 AM
yep, you're right.

There was no reason kobe laughed at Timmy
:lmao suns fans have millions of reasons to boo him, including Kobe. :lol Kobe plays for the fakers but he is still a big fan of shaq, kobe has been obsessed with shaq since he ate his shit. Kobe is always the no.1 die-hard fan of the team whichever shaq plays on.

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 02:04 AM
You're right...I booed loudly....

along with every black american in the US outside of SA.

jdaveah
02-16-2009, 02:10 AM

Black Americans dislike the Spurs? Huh?

Winters
02-16-2009, 02:12 AM
I hate suns fans

Manner disappered

phyzik
02-16-2009, 02:17 AM

umm... what the fuck exactly are you trying to say/imply here?

DynastyBuilder
02-16-2009, 02:27 AM
There were boos as well as on Saturday night. The league is sneaky and tries to hide it on the broadcast by turning the arena mics down and cranking the music and PA up.

bigfish22
02-16-2009, 02:27 AM
what was kobe laughing at? he got boo'd right after duncan did lol

I don't think Kobe got booed much at all. After hearing all the boos that Duncan got, I knew Kobe was next and I turned it up to listen and see if he got the same 'respect.' I found it odd that he heard cheers as loud as he did. But I'll watch it again to see if I remember correctly.

Oh I the reason Kobe was laughing was cause he and Duncan both knew why he was getting hated on so much. "SUNSKILLER"

Summers
02-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Rapper, they booed him Saturday night, too, and he laughed about it then. Tim doesn't give a crap that the Phoenix fans hate him. In fact, in a weird way, it's a sign of respect. Hate, but respect. :lol

m33p0
02-16-2009, 02:44 AM
kobe could relate since he got booed in philly in '02 everytime he scored and when he was awarded the allstar mvp. tim should have and maybe did expect to be booed since he was grinning when he heard it.

dav4463
02-16-2009, 02:48 AM
It's classless for fans to boo at an all star game, but it IS Phoenix so it is expected. Losers......who have to sit back and watch their once promising team fall apart before their very eyes!

angelbelow
02-16-2009, 02:50 AM
im not surprised. if i was a suns fan i would be booing too.

m33p0
02-16-2009, 02:51 AM
im not surprised. if i was a suns fan i would be booing too.
or try my best to convince him to either retire or come over to the suns. :lol

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 03:18 AM
umm... what the fuck exactly are you trying to say/imply here?

I have this theory that I will NEVER see a black man wearing a Duncan jersey, or a spurs jersey for that matter, outside of SA.

Up here in Dallas it's common to see the McGrady, Carter, Bryant, James, jerseys to be thrown around on the court, or even at a mall.

I've even seen a Baron Davis jersey.

I think the African American male doesn't respect the spurs (outside of SA) game, or players.

anyone else agree?

anakha
02-16-2009, 03:19 AM
I have this theory that I will NEVER see a black man wearing a Duncan jersey, or a spurs jersey for that matter, outside of SA.

Up here in Dallas it's common to see the McGrady, Carter, Bryant, James, jerseys to be thrown around on the court, or even at a mall.

I think the African American male doesn't respect the spurs (outside of SA) game, or players.

anyone else agree?

Just like you think San Antonio has never hosted and will never host an All-Star Game? :lol

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Just like you think San Antonio has never hosted and will never host an All-Star Game? :lol

sounds like you agree....

anakha
02-16-2009, 03:39 AM
sounds like you agree....

So now we have reading comprehension fail on top of the backpedaling fail.

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 03:44 AM
So now we have reading comprehension fail on top of the backpedaling fail.

Face it, George Bush doesn't like black people and black people don't like Tim Duncan.

It's nothing to be ashamed about.

bigfish22
02-16-2009, 03:53 AM
You're a waste of cyber space

Duncan2177
02-16-2009, 03:59 AM
You're a waste of cyber space

And a idiot.

erikuff
02-16-2009, 04:44 AM
1996 I believe.

BWS-1994
02-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Tim getting booed in Phoenix? Not surprising :lol

Kobe's I think were a mix of boo's and cheers.

Rapper
02-16-2009, 05:57 AM
How come black american out of SA don't like Duncan?

It doesn't make sense

Solid D
02-16-2009, 06:03 AM

anyone else agree?

Andrew Bynum wouldn't agree with you. Tim Duncan has been his favorite player since his high school years. His comments on ABC TV in January of this year would serve disprove your "theory". "Number one, Tim Duncan is my favorite player. He (Timmy) doesn't get enough credit for what he's done in the NBA."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/116419-andrew-bynum-is-emerging

Here is an article that also discusses Bynum's respect for Tim.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/MYSA113005_8C_BKNspurs_lakers_bynum_e0dc276_html.h tml

Kori Ellis
02-16-2009, 06:10 AM

anyone else agree?

That's a weird theory.

I lived in L.A. for 17 years and saw black guys wearing Duncan (and Robinson) jerseys before. Not as many as Kobe or Iverson, of course. But I have seen it many times.

Yao明
02-16-2009, 06:41 AM
They booed i heard it

Harry Callahan
02-16-2009, 08:04 AM

anyone else agree?

Mavie Fan,
I didn't realize you spoke for the entire African American community across the entire United States. Are you Jesse Jackson? Will you now attempt to extort money from me now that I questioned you? Then I'll know you are Mr. Jackson.

It's funny, TD received his college degree. He also tries to speak proper English. He's never had any kind of negative or embarrassing event damage his reputation. He has more in common with Kareem Abdul Jabbar than any of those other guys you mentioned. That's a good thing in my view, regardless of what neighborhood you come from.

If the AA community shuns Tim Duncan because of the way he carries themself and shows it by not wearing Duncan jerseys, then that's more a comment on them than it is Tim.

By the way, I've seen people of all ethnic groups wear Spurs gear in my travels across the country. I get the impression that Mavie fan doesn't get out much. Actually the Spurs have good looking uniforms. Because of that, for the most part, the SAS uni hasn't really changed much since the team arrived in SA in 1973. I wish the Spurs would break out the old "San Antonio" road jersey from time to time.

Bottom line, Mavie fan is a boob.

mbass
02-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Mavie Fan,
I didn't realize you spoke for the entire African American community across the entire United States. Are you Jesse Jackson? Will you now attempt to extort money from me now that I questioned you? Then I'll know you are Mr. Jackson.

It's funny, TD received his college degree. He also tries to speak proper English. He's never had any kind of negative or embarrassing event damage his reputation. He has more in common with Kareem Abdul Jabbar than any of those other guys you mentioned. That's a good thing in my view, regardless of what neighborhood you come from.

If the AA community shuns Tim Duncan because of the way he carries themself and shows it by not wearing Duncan jerseys, then that's more a comment on them than it is Tim.

By the way, I've seen people of all ethnic groups wear Spurs gear in my travels across the country. I get the impression that Mavie fan doesn't get out much. Actually the Spurs have good looking uniforms. Because of that, for the most part, the SAS uni hasn't really changed much since the team arrived in SA in 1973. I wish the Spurs would break out the old "San Antonio" road jersey from time to time.

I have also seen a lot of Spurs jerseys at Mavs-Spurs games here in Dallas. Worn by all ethnicities.

resistanze
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
So it's settled. mFFL03 is a dumbshit.

Meeting adjourned.

ATXSPUR
02-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Mavie Fan,

When discussing the AA cummunity and their supposed lack of respect for Duncan why does "proper english" and "negative damaging events" have to come up?

That being said i've seen Spurs apparel worn by blacks (including lil flip). He's But not as much as others.got respect from Allen Iverson and Ron Artest. I don't see it as an AA community thing though. I think it's pretty much the universal aggreement that Duncan and the Spurs are "boring". That being said San Antonio isn't a large AA market and honestly probably wouldn't be known by many people outside of Texas if it was not for basketball (and Shawn Michaels possibly). I think it's a combination of things but Duncan's lack of recognition is certainly not limited to the black community.

scanry
02-16-2009, 10:35 AM

anyone else agree?

:lol:lol:lol

You should be seeing a Baron Davis jersey for how he tormented your beloved Mavs.

Summers
02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
This is why America will never have a black President.

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM

Meeting adjourned.

Wrong forum, that's in Da Club.

We are here to discuss duncan/spurs lack of respect, thugg style.

Spurminator
02-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Shit, I'd have booed Karl Malone at an All Star Game in the 90's, and I'd have booed Shaq and Kobe and Phil too. No big deal. It's good to see that the crowd in an All Star Game is still mostly made up of basketball fans and not a bunch of apathetic corporate execs and salespeople at the game to network.

P.S. mFFL03 has obviously never been to a Spurs/Mavs game in Dallas.

703 Spurz
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM

anyone else agree?

I've seen plenty of blacks wear a Timmy jersey where I live (Northern Virginia).

FAIL, yet again.

703 Spurz
02-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Meeting adjourned.

We had to meet to come to this conclusion? I though it was blatantly obvious

Rapper
02-16-2009, 01:25 PM
8Szyl0ptD9Y&feature=related

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
^^That PA really sucks!

MarHill
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
That's a weird theory.

I lived in L.A. for 17 years and saw black guys wearing Duncan (and Robinson) jerseys before. Not as many as Kobe or Iverson, of course. But I have seen it many times.

Thanks Kori!

I've seen that as well.

I can't believe someone would post something like they in a thread!!

Yuixafun
02-16-2009, 03:33 PM

anyone else agree?

Have fun in that world you're living in.

Man, you don't even know what respect means. For you to think that you speak for an entire Group of people, shows disrespect, amongst other things.

Everyone has an opinion. But sadly not everyone is thoughful.

You should spend more time working on yourself, before you see if anyone agrees with what...

Move along. Your comments have no value.

ginomvp
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM

Meeting adjourned.
here here!!!!! lol

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I live in NY..I'm not black, but I'm Middle Eastern, and I own multiple Tim Duncan jerseys..I also have a few black friends that own Duncan jerseys..

kind of insulting to say that..wouldn't expect anything better from a Mavs fan though..chokers..

as for booing..I made a thread about this last week, and I turned out to be right..they got booed, and I love it..a Spur getting booed in Phoenix is an honor..I'm surprised Duncan didn't get arrested in Phoenix, considering how often he's sodomized the Suns franchise..

sook
02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
yea they bood him, twice to be exact. The first time at the shooting stars and then at the all star game

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Getting booed at an opposing arena when you've done nothing to earn it except beat the home team is the ultimate sign of respect, IMO.

manufor3
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Meeting adjourned.

:lol

J Mack
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM

anyone else agree?
i disagree. and what makes you think you can speak for ALL of black america??? yes i am blk been a spurs fan since 89 thank you very much!

katuso
02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Suns fans had been hurted by Spurs, especially TD.

Winters
02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Suns fans had been hurted by Spurs, especially TD.

Yes , so this is definitely a sign of respect

Ditty
02-17-2009, 01:25 AM

anyone else agree?

you got be kidding me ive been to mavs games before and there is so many spurs fans at the games but i can say theres alot more in houston ( i love going to road game BTW it's a great feeling getting booed)

MrChug
02-17-2009, 02:15 AM
How do you expect more from a pathetic team when their OWNER (Sarver) does the chicken dance during a playoff game (a series they lost btw)???

sammy
02-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Typical Suns fans! Classless assholes!:ihit

Mr Bones
02-17-2009, 03:55 AM
This is why America will never have a black President.

:lol

sheriee84
02-17-2009, 04:13 AM
EVERY Spur got booed... but they all laughed about it... It was silly...

Emeyin
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Getting booed at an opposing arena when you've done nothing to earn it except beat the home team is the ultimate sign of respect, IMO.

I agree. And that was probably why Tim was grinning and Kobe was laughing.

Rapper
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
How many of you have seen the introduction of all star game?