PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Duncan Lets Shaq Stay In Spotlight

duncan228
02-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Duncan lets Shaq stay in spotlight (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Duncan_lets_Shaq_stay_in_spotlight.html)
Mike Monroe

PHOENIX — Tim Duncan's All-Star moment never involves showing off, but he acknowledged that he had planned to try a few dance moves during the hip-hop introductions at Sunday's All-Star Game.

When the time came?

“I didn't even hear them call my name,” Duncan said.

It was left to Suns center Shaquille O'Neal to dominate “Dancing With the All-Stars.”

“Pretty impressive,” Duncan said. “He lives for that spotlight and does well with it. A lot of moves I can't do.”

Duncan preferred to make his All-Star memory his annual ritual of a photo on the court between the third and fourth periods with his wife, Amy, and their two children.

“Every All-Star (Game) since I've had my kids, we've had a picture on the court,” he said. “We do that every time. Good memories.”

Changes coming: Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire was grilled about published reports that Suns coach Terry Porter will be replaced today by assistant Alvin Gentry, and about his future with the team.

The subject of trade rumors himself, Stoudemire is not sure if Sunday's All-Star Game may, or may not, have been his last in a Suns uniform.

“I'm not sure,” he said of his future with the Suns. “That's kind of iffy. I'm still kind of 60-40, with me being here. Hopefully, that 60 is true, and I will be here.”

As far as the coaching change, Stoudemire said he will wait to see how things work out.

“Only time can tell,” he said. “I think Terry Porter definitely put a lot of hard work in to try and get us on the right track, and I'm sure Alvin is going to do the same.”

Safety first: At the end of the first quarter, NBA officials forced the TNT crew manning one of the network's cameras to move the rig that had been positioned on the baseline near the Eastern Conference bench.

When the crew protested, the official called the large, heavy rig “the most dangerous thing of all time.”

The camera was repositioned to a location much less likely to come into contact a player falling out of bounds.

Happy birthday, Bill: A 75th birthday cake was presented to NBA legend Bill Russell during the second quarter. Russell was honored Saturday when the NBA announced its Finals MVP Trophy will henceforth be presented in his name.

Summers
02-16-2009, 02:33 AM
“Every All-Star (Game) since I've had my kids, we've had a picture on the court,” he said. “We do that every time. Good memories.”

:ttiwwp:

:)

m33p0
02-16-2009, 02:39 AM
i heard timmy's name called during the introductions. predictably, he got booed. he had a smirk on his face when he heard it.

to the TNT crew manning the baseline camera: STFU AND MOVE THE MUTHAF*CKING CAMERA AND A MUTHAF*CKING REF TELLS YOU TO MOVE IT! you guys aren't paying the bills when a player gets injured.