PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if it's been talked about..but at half time..did

blizz
02-16-2009, 03:45 AM
anyone notice the ultimate dis??

Chris Paul was going on and on about the NBA cares stuff. When his line was "Even when there's no chance of winning"....right when he said that...they flashed an image of Tim Duncan walking off the court in a game against the Lakers. Of ALL the games last year...or ALL the playoff games last year...even the BLOWOUT that the Lakers suffered at the hands of the Celtics...they chose to show Duncan/Spurs vs the Lakers. No chance to win?? That's just terrible.

NZ Spurs
02-16-2009, 03:49 AM
:rolleyes Did you not get the ultimate message?

The Tim Duncan photo is a powerful image. Duncan has been down and come back to stand on top many times.

mFFL03
02-16-2009, 03:51 AM
here's a powerful image: the NBA wants the spurs to go away.

der Kaiser
02-16-2009, 03:51 AM
:lmao I noticed that too. I think Stern was trying to send the Spurs a message.

Duncan2177
02-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Wow talk about being biase.

blizz
02-16-2009, 03:59 AM
:rolleyes Did you not get the ultimate message?

The Tim Duncan photo is a powerful image. Duncan has been down and come back to stand on top many times.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that's the point they were trying to make...."even when there's no chance to win" cut to spurs vs lakers duncan with his head down.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-16-2009, 04:05 AM

Chris Paul was going on and on about the NBA cares stuff. When his line was "Even when there's no chance to win"....right when he said that...they flashed an image of Tim Duncan walking off the court in a game against the Lakers. Of ALL the games last year...or ALL the playoff games last year...even the BLOWOUT that the Lakers suffered at the hands of the Celtics...they chose to show Duncan/Spurs vs the Lakers. No chance to win?? That's just terrible.

So who could they have shown? By your logic it would be the ultimate disrespect to show any player.

baseline bum
02-16-2009, 04:08 AM
So who could they have shown? By your logic it would be the ultimate disrespect to show any player.

Should have shown Nash in SA, since Tim's beaten Kobe twice.

blizz
02-16-2009, 04:12 AM

They could have shown anyone who plays on a team with a losing record, NOT the best PF to ever play on one of the most successful teams in the last decade who has 4 championships against the team who got slaughtered in the Finals to the Celtics.

50Bestspurever
02-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Ahem, are you a true spurs fan? If you are? You don't give a fuck what the national media reports. Here's a question, a la jeff foxworthy, if you see with your own eyes the spurs demolish a championship contender during the regular season and wait to see what BSPN shows as highlights and they report that team x (who was destroyed by the spurs) played a shitty game and give no credit to the spurs beating them, and then show nothing but highlights of team x and wrap up the story with,"by the way the spurs won". Then you might be a spurs fan. If you hear over and over again during the middle of a spurs playoff serise with team x, and that player x from team x is the second coming of christ, the next jordan, (and my personal favorite) the best player on the planet!! Only to be told, hours after team x has been destroyed by the spurs, that Timmy is the best player on the planet, then you might be a spurs fan. Fuck BSPN and the other national media outlets. Until S.A. is major player in the tv market the Spurs will never get the love they damn well deserve. But personally I don't give a fuck cause the :lobt2: speaks volumes. In closing, I love my spurs and I posted this post while I was drinking. :toast

Ice009
02-16-2009, 04:46 AM
This is the kind of shit that makes me wonder if Joe Dumars would trade Rasheed to us just to ruin Stern's plans.

The Pistons have been screwed over in the playoffs many a time with touch fouls on certain players.

NZ Spurs
02-16-2009, 05:31 AM
I SERIOUSLY doubt that's the point they were trying to make...."even when there's no chance to win" cut to spurs vs lakers duncan with his head down.

The whole freaking thing was about learning lessons from the game of basketball. I consider it an honor and a deft commentary on Duncan and the Spurs ability to learn from their mistakes, make adjustments and ultimately come out on top. 2003 west semi finals anyone?

But in your (delusional) view they exclusively singled out Duncan as the sole loser in what was entirely a positive message.

blizz
02-16-2009, 05:52 AM
I'd buy that if after he said that and said you have to keep working they cut to a shot of us holding up the trophy but they didn't. The fact is...when he said even when there's no chance of winning and they showed the spurs. IMO that was disrespectful. Period.

urunobili
02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I think it meant the Spurs have no chance to win without a healthy Manu... :stirpot:

MI21
02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I actually noticed that and had a laugh and said to my Spurs hating mate next to me, "Gee, that's a bit harsh! He's only won 4 championships" and had a laugh about it. They certainly didn't mean anything by it and I found it pretty funny in an ironic way.

FreeMason
02-16-2009, 10:01 AM
It was a direct assault on the Spurs team.

I already posted this, but watch any commercial that has NBA highlights in it. Most of the clips will have all-stars scoring on the Spurs team. It's held true for the last 3+ years that I been paying attention.

hater
02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
you guys are way too sensitive

EricB
02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Tin foil hat time!!!!

tonylongoriafan
02-16-2009, 10:21 AM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes at this thread

tmtcsc
02-16-2009, 10:45 AM
You do realize we have 4 rings right ? This nonsense means nothing. If anything, we have the last and ultimate laugh. No matter the glitz, we've got the bling.

GSH
02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
The whole weekend was one long circle-jerk. If you want to look for meaningful messages, you'd be better off watching that Bumblebee Tuna commercial with the freaky guy singing. Or picking up some life wisdom from the Geico gecko.

When you watch All-Star weekend, you know what you're going to get. Don't be surprised when you get it.

exstatic
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Actually, the NBA has been anti-marketing the Spurs all year. Watch the miniature tour bus ones closely. There's usually something bad or embarrassing happening to SA on a breakaway.

Spursfan092120
02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
I can see some of your points, and noticed also..like when they show the little guy on the little bus doing a tour on the court, following a player. Whether it was Kobe, Chris, or whoever, it's always been the Spurs they scored on. But the only real message that matters is this...

Spurs = :lobt2:x 4

Spurminator
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Actually, the NBA has been anti-marketing the Spurs all year. Watch the miniature tour bus ones closely. There's usually something bad or embarrassing happening to SA on a breakaway.

Other than the Chris Paul one, I can't think of any others.

Even if it's true, I guess it's better to be marketed as the "bad guys" than not at all...

NFGIII
02-16-2009, 11:40 AM
^

As Pop has said in so many words before "that's why we wear black".

xellos88330
02-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Well, I actually took that whole scene as a positive. They had to show someone, and who cares if it was Timmy. We all know he is a bonafide winner. Don't get all butt hurt because of it. Timmy will get his revenge.

Dex
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
you guys are way too sensitive

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't think that there's any intent behind that choice, but I did immediately think upon seeing it that the photo would just add fuel to the many fires that stoke people's belief that the league works to ensure the success of certain franchises at the detriment of others.

to21
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I noticed the booing every Spur got when they were announced over the PA.

Either way, I could care less how people feel about the Spurs....good or bad.

I'm a Cowboy fan, it comes with the territory.

Spurminator
02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Here's the video.

Xvp3LcKGzf4

Dunc n Dave
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Other than the Chris Paul one, I can't think of any others.

Even if it's true, I guess it's better to be marketed as the "bad guys" than not at all...

here's another one. The commercial of the guy watching Kobe on TV and doing his own play-by-play, counting down for Kobe's last shot of the game. Look who the Lakers are playing on the TV... it's the Spurs he's hitting the game winner against as the guy jumps out of his chair.

Shank
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Tin foil hats.

703 Spurz
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Chris Paul was going on and on about the NBA cares stuff. When his line was "Even when there's no chance of winning"....right when he said that...they flashed an image of Tim Duncan walking off the court in a game against the Lakers. Of ALL the games last year...or ALL the playoff games last year...even the BLOWOUT that the Lakers suffered at the hands of the Celtics...they chose to show Duncan/Spurs vs the Lakers. No chance to win?? That's just terrible.

Grow a fucking pair of nuts and man up already

Spurminator
02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
here's another one. The commercial of the guy watching Kobe on TV and doing his own play-by-play, counting down for Kobe's last shot of the game. Look who the Lakers are playing on the TV... it's the Spurs he's hitting the game winner against as the guy jumps out of his chair.

That's not a tour bus ad, but point taken.

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
fuck the haters!

nkdlunch
02-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Here's the video.

Xvp3LcKGzf4

what a cheesy fuckin video. I need to wash my eyes with the scene from The Wall where they make ground meat out of school kids

and yes, they dissed the Spurs.

FreeMason
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Even when there is NO chance to win

BAM Duncan photo Pause, let it sink in...

I hate the NBA.

exstatic
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM

That's not a tour bus ad, but point taken.

That's probably the other one I was thinking about.

I don't EVER mind the Spurs being portrayed as the bad guys in black, what I resent is the league turning them into drill cones to be dribbled around by the league's pimped selected stars on a regular basis during NBA commercials.

hater
02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
That's probably the other one I was thinking about.

I don't EVER mind the Spurs being portrayed as the bad guys in black, what I resent is the league turning them into drill cones to be dribbled around by the league's pimped selected stars on a regular basis during NBA commercials.

you can also see this as a sign of respect.

According to Stern, the nba, media, fans, nation, the Spurs are "the bad guys" but to be "the bad guy" you have to be good, real good. Spurs are just some bad mofos that come out on top every 2 years

ginomvp
02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Here's the video.

Xvp3LcKGzf4
actually the most disgusting part of that video is seeing that ugly ass obama's face on there. doesn't obama have more important things to worry about that the all star game?

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
isn't it ironic that the "bad guys" in the NBA are actually the good guys? I mean..the Spurs are easily the classiest organization in the NBA, and we have by far the classiest players in the league as well..

MEANWHILE, the marketed players are actually the bad guys..the marketed players are the alleged rapists that throw teammates under the bus, the media whore, the guy with STDs and sex orgies, and the guy that impregnates random cheerleaders..

what a world Stern lives in..

it's kind of happening to the Celtics too..it's funny that the Celtics are the defending champs, but they're constantly overshadowed by Lebron and Kobe and their teams..despite having the most titles in NBA history, and being a historic franchise..