PDA

View Full Version : Classiest Fans in the Whole World = Spurs Fans

Rummpd
03-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Thank you all. Today I offered to pay a premium as an out of towner to get some wrist bands. But no Spurs fans stepped up to the plate big time. 7 so far have emailed me and offered to send at no cost beyond shipping.

Another example of why Spurs fans are just a cut above the rest = Pure Class.

Spurs fan for life period. Wearing 2003 victory SI longsleeve shirt today, sitting in my home office with my Duncan and Robinson bobbleheads etc. Spurs rule.

(I would suggest that it would be kind of neat for one of you lucky ones living in the SA area to pick some of these up for a buck and send them to our Slovenian friends etc. or save them for visitors - Spurs make finals - I am coming!)

Spurs košarka kultura
03-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Here here, but lets not forget about our Serbian Spurs fans. We're not all Peja fans you know. :spin

Slomo
03-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Here here, but lets not forget about our Serbian Spurs fans. We're not all Peja fans you know. :spin
You're from Serbia? Which part?

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 03:46 AM
My mother was born in Belgrade, I was born in San Antonio, then moved with my grandparents to Vancouver, then after Yugoslavia broke apart my grandparents moved to Bled, Slovakia, I (unfortunately) moved to Houston to go to work on my biotechnology degree. Are you lucky enough to live in a bloc country?

Slomo
03-07-2005, 04:05 AM
My mother was born in Belgrade, I was born in San Antonio, then moved with my grandparents to Vancouver, then after Yugoslavia broke apart my grandparents moved to Bled, Slovakia, I (unfortunately) moved to Houston to go to work on my biotechnology degree. Are you lucky enough to live in a bloc country?
I do live in Slovenia (the place where lake BLED is :) ). Whenever I hear stories like yours I'm reminded of a great quote from Tito:
"There are very few Yugoslavians in the world, but we are well distributed!" :)

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 04:06 AM
:spin

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 04:08 AM
It's is soo beautiful there I really want to visit my grandparents soon, the only downfall is there is so much driving involed anytime I visit. Have you been a Spurs fan for some time?

Slomo
03-07-2005, 04:11 AM
It's is soo beautiful there I really want to visit my grandparents soon, the only downfall is there is so much driving involed anytime I visit. Have you been a Spurs fan for some time?
I started following the Spurs when Tony joined, and I was hooked already then, but then the Spurs acquired Rasho and drafted Beno...

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 04:17 AM
I remember my mother getting me into the game when Petrovic and Kukoc came into the league.

Solid D
03-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Bled, Slovenia
Now, that's what I call a view of the lake!

http://www.thetravelzine.com/Images/bledcast.jpg

Slomo
03-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Bled, Slovenia
Now, that's what I call a view of the lake!

http://www.thetravelzine.com/Images/bledcast.jpg
Yep that's a nice piece of real estate :)

There's a coffee bar up there on the ramparts with a fantastic view of the lake and the alps.

Rummpd
03-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I have been to Slovenia, I used to be a senior public health doctor for the military and spent some time roaming around the region.

Great people, great food, great beer, great "ballers", great scenery like much of Eastern Europe and the Baltics.

fonzy16
03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
hey I live in Bled. But unfortunatelly not in the castle.

Solid D
03-07-2005, 11:31 AM

If you have been writing to your grandparents, you might want to call them and see if they ever received any of your mail addressed to Bled, Slovakia. :hat

Clandestino
03-07-2005, 11:39 AM
bled was cool.. the freezing lake really refreshes you...and helps you not have a woody from seeing all the hot slovene women!

Rummpd
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Bled rules.

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Well isn't my face red :oops , they reside in Bratislava, Slovakia. They moved from Bled Slovenia Anyway I've been to both and I must say the drive from Bled to Bratislava these days (while a beautiful) is quite hectic.

fonzy16
03-07-2005, 11:54 AM
bled was cool.. the freezing lake really refreshes you...and helps you not have a woody from seeing all the hot slovene women!

:lol

yeah it's cold. yesterday my dog fell in the half frozen lake, chasing ducks, and i had to go in to get him. stupid dog.

Spurs košarka kultura
03-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know how I can add cyrillics? I don't understand how to use the character map for those.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
At Bled they have the best --->(kremšnite)http://slike.stamcar.com/pics/untitled2427.png