PDA

View Full Version : Jason Richardson arrested...again.

lurker
02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Phoenix Suns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=pho) guard Jason Richardson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1018) was arrested in Scottsdale after police said he was driving 55 mph above the limit with his unrestrained 3-year-old son in the car.

A Scottsdale police officer first saw Richardson driving 67 mph in a 40 mph zone Sunday night and followed him, police said Monday. That's when the officer clocked him at 90 mph in a 35 mph zone and pulled him over.
Police said Richardson admitted to speeding and identified himself as a Suns player. The officer saw Richardson's son in the back seat of the car and that he was not in a child seat.

Richardson said he had taken his son to dinner and was on his way home.
He was arrested and charges with reckless driving, excessive speeding and failure to use a child seat. He was released from jail after a few hours.
Police said Richardson's wife responded to the scene of the stop and took custody of the boy.

Richardson was cited in December on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was stopped by a Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community police officer and accused of having a blood alcohol level above 0.08 percent and of failure to drive in one lane.

At the time, Richardson called the incident "one stupid mistake I made," and he said he hoped it wouldn't change the public's perception of him.
Richardson and forward Jared Dudley (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3201) were traded in December 2008 to the Suns in exchange for guards Raja Bell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=49) and Sean Singletary (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3459), and forward Boris Diaw (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2167).

The Franchise
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
90 in a 35? :wow

manufor3
02-16-2009, 03:29 PM
90 in a 35? wow

layupdrill
02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
crazy

stxspurs
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
kerr should be fired now!

pauls931
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
The only thing he did right was not getting a DWI. But 90!? You don't even need to get in a wreck, just sudden stop or manuever could send you kid flying inside the vehicle and hurt him.

Regarding Kerr, ya I wouldn't mind seeing him fired... He's higher on my list than porter.

Spur-Addict
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
License and registration please.

You fellas were goin' a little fast back there wouldn't ya say? .....You ah, you fellas been doin' a bit boozin have ya? Suckin' back on granpas old cough medicine?

No, oh no sir. Ohh Nooo, no. No, uh uh.

Yeah, well what's that?

That's nothing sir. Yeah, nothing

Yeah. Well ah, Are you aware that ah it's against the law to have an open alcohol container here in the state of ___? Come on give me that booze you little pumpkin pie hair cutted freak. COME ON!

Sir, no way way way way wait. Sir no don't, don't drink.

You'd keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for ya buddy.

(Dolphin sounds)

Tic Tac Sir?

Get the Hell outta here.

duncan228
02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Suns’ Richardson suspended for a game after arrest (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-suns-richardsonarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns)

In a brief statement, the Suns said Richardson would miss Tuesday night’s home game against the Los Angeles Clippers “for conduct detrimental to the team.”

angelbelow
02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
damn, hes on my fantasy team

ElNono
02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Besides of the fact he was speeding and could have killed his son, you're telling me a guy that earns millions of dollars can't buy a radar detector? Some people are just flat out stupid.

Biggems
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
speeding and not using a child seat for his son?

take his license away for a year.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
what can go wrong with driving 90 mph while having a kid not in a car seat?

anyway, he probably had to take a huge dump or he was just really distraught about Terry Porter getting fired

DANILO DRASKOVIC
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
what can go wrong with driving 90 mph while having a kid not in a car seat?

anyway, he probably had to take a huge dump or he was just really distraught about Terry Porter getting fired

ducks
02-16-2009, 09:23 PM
throw him in jail
and leave him their
he is not a superstar

ducks
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
damn, hes on my fantasy team

yeah lets think about your self and not the safety of others on the road and the kid

ElNono
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
yeah lets think about your self and not the safety of others on the road and the kid

He got arrested and didn't kill anybody. Move the fuck on.
Aren't you supposed to be starting some thread hating on Manu?

Armando
02-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Where is this guy's head? 90 in a 35 with his kid! He deserves more then just a 1 game suspension. He is extremely lucky this was not alot worse.

Obstructed_View
02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, if he crashes his car, at least his blood line ends with him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
throw him in jail
and leave him their
he is not a superstar

O great idea judge his jailtime based on whether he's a star or not. Great message you're sending to the star players on their high school team.

Xylus
02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
ducks is most definitely a superstar.

m33p0
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
He was arrested and charges with reckless driving, excessive speeding and failure to use a child seat. He was released from jail after a few hours.
isn't these the same things the suns are asking him to do on the court especially the child seat part, or is that shaq's domain?

balli
02-16-2009, 11:44 PM
he got arrested and didn't kill anybody. Move the fuck on.
+1

Xylus
02-17-2009, 01:50 AM
+1

But if it was a DUI, it'd be a different story. Right, ballijuana?

Spurtacus
02-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Maybe he was speeding after the same ho Barkley was chasing?

Darthkiller
02-17-2009, 06:28 AM
he got excited hearing that they are going back to run and gun.

Kori Ellis
02-17-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm sure they'll follow this up with some kind of child endangerment/neglect investigation. 50+ mph over the speed limit isn't unheard of (although incredibly stupid), but having your kid with you and unrestrained, well that's beyond neglectful.

Chieflion
02-17-2009, 09:07 AM
God, a one game suspension against the CLIPPERS!!!!
That means nothing, come on league, you can do better than this bullshit.

balli
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
But if it was a DUI, it'd be a different story. Right, ballijuana?

Yeah.

z0sa
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
obviously none of you have ever gone 90 in a 35 before ... its much more exhilirating going fast on the street than doing it on the highway. Add the kid in, you've got a thrill of cumgasmic proportions.

hater
02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
you guys are way too uptight.

babies love going fast too.

I'm doing this once I get my hands on one of those babies:

Pak_zbCREgA

magic2kb8
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
this is as bad ass anything i have seen. How can you not have any reguard for your sons life in the backseat. This dude is officially and idiot in my book.

balli
02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
this is as bad ass anything i have seen.
Not to knock you for a typo, but just as a point of observation, the extra s really changes that sentence.

lurker
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/
Speaking of punishments, the Suns -- who absolutely WILL NOT TOLERATE such intolerable behavior -- have suspended Richardson without pay for Tuesday night's home game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Said Suns President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Steve Kerr: "This is about sending a message that our organization will not abide by such reprehensible behavior, even if it means severely handicapping ourselves during a game in our home arena against a bitter division rival like the Clippers. Seriously! They once took us to seven games in the 2006 NBA playoffs! And I assure you, this is only the first measure. We're also looking into docking his $30 per diem money when we play the Clippers in L.A. on Wednesday, and maybe even limiting him to one massage per day...indefinitely." Kerr then placed a pinky finger to his lips before reaching down with his other hand to depress a "Destroy The Suns Forever" button, after which he erupted in mirthless laughter.

:lol

Sec24Row7
02-17-2009, 03:06 PM
90 in a 35 really isn't that hard to do when you are in a fast sportscar... which im sure Richardson was...

hater
02-17-2009, 04:17 PM
handicapping ourselves during a game in our home arena against a bitter division rival like the Clippers.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Obstructed_View
02-18-2009, 05:27 AM
90 in a 35 really isn't that hard to do when you are in a fast sportscar... which im sure Richardson was...

Having owned several cars that are quite fast, I can tell you that isn't true. There's no world where 90 in a 35 isn't insane.