PDA

View Full Version : Home Sprinkler System?

BigBeezie
02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I need to get a sprinkler system installed at my house. I didn't get it done with the builder, because they wanted too much.

Does anyone here install them or know of anyone that does? I need someone that will at least provide a 1 year warranty with the install.

Thx,
BigB

CosmicCowboy
02-16-2009, 06:40 PM
They are really easy to do yourself. I put the ones in at the house and the ranch.

EricB
02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I bet Mouse would do it.

Seriously, PM him, hes a home maintenence guy and would gladly do it.

handlename search, do MOUSE, and PM him.

Good luck :tu

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't think mouse is going to give a one year warranty on his work. :lol

I agree with the do-it-yourself option. It's not that difficult.

Richard Cranium
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I assume you need something more sophisticated than this? (http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20052918,00.html)

Twisted_Dawg
02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Have fun with the Ditch Witch in this dry soil.

Real fun if in you live in a rocky area.

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Have fun with the Ditch Witch in this dry soil.

Real fun if in you live in a rocky area.

A ditch witch?! Holy shit. He only has to dig down a few inches to install some pvc pipe. Talk about overkill. :lol

PM5K
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Flex PVC is supposed to be pretty easy to install yourself.

PM5K
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
A ditch witch?! Holy shit. He only has to dig down a few inches to install some pvc pipe. Talk about overkill. :lol

I think the code is at least six inches.

Twisted_Dawg
02-16-2009, 10:50 PM

The sprinkler heads are at least 5" in height which require the min 6" depth of the lateral lines for connection. Have fun digging that without a Ditch Witch bitch.

chode_regulator
02-16-2009, 11:10 PM
i thought this was about a fire suppresion system. everytime i move they ask me if i hae a sprinkler system in my house. ive often wondered why they ask as ive never seen that in a house before.

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
The sprinkler heads are at least 5" in height which require the min 6" depth of the lateral lines for connection. Have fun digging that without a Ditch Witch bitch.

I know it's farther than a few inches. The point was you don't need heavy equipment. I helped my dad put one in several years ago in his yard. All you need is a damn pickaxe to go down 6 inches.

I just finished putting in a privacy fence across my back yard this weekend. The postholes all had to go down at least two feet. Got all of them dug with nothing more than a posthole digger bar and my own two hands through rocky ground in less than 2 hours. I suppose you would have suggested dynamite. :lol

mrsmaalox
02-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I know it's farther than a few inches. The point was you don't need heavy equipment. I helped my dad put one in several years ago in his yard. All you need is a damn pickaxe to go down 6 inches.

I just finished putting in a privacy fence across my back yard this weekend. The postholes all had to go down at least two feet. Got all of them dug with nothing more than a posthole digger bar and my own two hands through rocky ground in less than 2 hours. I suppose you would have suggested dynamite. :lol

Well in my neighborhood, the telephone lines are always being repaired because of damage from dogs/lawn mowers. There is only about 2 inches of soil above solid rock.

Das Texan
02-17-2009, 01:41 AM
man i fucking spent an entire spring break in forced manual labor digging trenches for a sprinkler system for my parents when I was in high school.

Shit aint that hard.