PDA

View Full Version : WOW Heat almost had Vince Carter

Flo-Rida
02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
The Nets attempted and failed in a last ditch effort to acquire Shawn Marion from the Heat and are now focused on working on a trade with the Spurs.

New Jersey offered Vince Carter and an expiring contract for Marion with the presumed intention to re-sign him, but were refuted.

The Nets have spoken with several teams in regards to Carter's value and the most likely trade would send Carter to San Antonio for Roger Mason, George Hill, Fabrico Oberto and Bruce Bowen.

They would likely waive both Bowen and Oberto, along with a third player currently on their roster.
source: http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...of_new_je.html

I guess Riley is going to go all out in 2010

Vince Carter ends in 2011/12

I'm glad Riley rejected this trade

sook
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
i still don't understand why SA would want ot do this trade...

stxspurs
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
i doubt if we do

Bartleby
02-16-2009, 06:27 PM
i still don't understand why SA would want ot do this trade...

I don't think they do, especially after reading that Duncan seems against it.

rasho8
02-16-2009, 06:27 PM
no... no no no

Not losing Mason and Hill.

Flo-Rida
02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
no... no no no

Not losing Mason and Hill

For Vince Fuck no

xtremesteven33
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Giving up both Mason and Hill for VC is a bad trade.

Giving up one of them for VC i would consider a good trade

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Giving up both Mason and Hill for VC is a bad trade.

Giving up one of them for VC i would consider a good trade

Agreed, especially if it's Hill. IMO the Spurs shouldn't give Mason.

Xylus
02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
The Heat have been really active around the trade deadline in recent years.

As for the Carter-to-SA trade... Huh? I though the Spurs were in desperate need of a big.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
As for the Carter-to-SA trade... Huh? I though the Spurs were in desperate need of a big.

Yeah it makes no sense it seems like something they don't need. I'm amazed more teams aren't going after Vince since all NJ is asking for are expiring deals.

IMO he would fit perfectly in Orlando. Carter & Boone for Turk, Reddick, Cook and Foyle

Howard - Gortat
Lewis - Boone
Pietrus - Carter
Carter - Lee
Nelson (when healthy) - Johnson

IronMexican
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
That's a pretty good starting 5 for Orlando.

Donkeybong
02-16-2009, 08:00 PM

i disagree. Turk is definitely a glue guy there. I wouldn't be too eager to get rid of him.

And as for Vince to San Antonio for Mason and Hill, you spurs fans are really overvaluing those two to think that isnt a good trade. I know its probably tough to get rid of mason, but you guys are thinking with your hearts not your heads.

One more thing. Vince to Miami is just plain stupid. Will take away from wade's touches. They need a point guard now (if JO works).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2009, 08:05 PM

It's well rounded as well. Turk and lewis are the same player.

BlackSwordsMan
02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
leave mason alone!!!

m33p0
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
i disagree. Turk is definitely a glue guy there. I wouldn't be too eager to get rid of him.

And as for Vince to San Antonio for Mason and Hill, you spurs fans are really overvaluing those two to think that isnt a good trade. I know its probably tough to get rid of mason, but you guys are thinking with your hearts not your heads.

One more thing. Vince to Miami is just plain stupid. Will take away from wade's touches. They need a point guard now (if JO works).
team chemistry. spurs aren't used to plug-and-play. and many don't think vince will allow himself to be the 4th, 3rd or even the 2nd option on offense. it's more than likely that he will hi-jack plays... and his defense sucks.

dallaskd
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM

Terrible, god awful bench.