PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball Instant Replay?

dws009
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
So it seems as though the NFL isn't the only organization that has problems with it's officials/referees getting the calls right.

Anyone know if the NCAA has ever looked into having a sort of instant replay/coach's challenge type system.

Also what is the current system in place if a referee or the whole ref crew gets a call wrong?

j-6
02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
So it seems as though the NFL isn't the only organization that has problems with it's officials/referees getting the calls right.

Anyone know if the NCAA has ever looked into having a sort of instant replay/coach's challenge type system.

Also what is the current system in place if a referee or the whole ref crew gets a call wrong?

I think the NCAA rule is only to question if a shot gets off before the half or end of game buzzers, or if a player has their foot on the three point line. And I think it's at the ref's discretion and the coaches have no say.

dws009
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Actually that's my bad, I guess I should have been more clearer on what I was talking about.

When it comes to fouling or say stepping out of bounds is there anyway to review the call to correct a possible blown call?

Lakers>Spurs
02-16-2009, 09:45 PM
The only thing you can review as far as foot steps is wether a players shot was a two pointer or three pointer.

dws009
02-16-2009, 11:00 PM
What about fouls? I saw a game recently where there was no contact whatsoever but the opposing player acted so well it was implied contact by the ref. There was a replay on the jumbotron that clearly showed there was no contact. Still there was a foul called.

tonylongoriafan
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
in the a&m texas game with about 4 minutes to go, they reviewed a situation on whether the shot clock should have been reset...it wasn't an overly critical game situation and probably had no impact on the game itself, but i wonder if there is a hard fast line in college hoops.