PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill 2/17: Bulls desperate for Bosh or Amare

layupdrill
02-17-2009, 06:39 AM
As the hours dwindle down until Thursday’s trade deadline, some teams are removing themselves from the trade talk, while others look to heat things up right up to the last minute. According to the Chicago Sun Times (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/1434361,CST-SPT-bull17.article), the Bulls seem to be one of those teams. The Sun Times reports if the Suns are still interested in moving Amare Stoudemire, a potential 3-team deal involving the Raptors would reunite Amare Stoudemire along with Shawn Marion in Toronto, have Bosh end up in Chicago, and Phoenix would get draft picks from both Toronto and Chicago, along with Drew Gooden’s expiring contract and Tyrus Thomas. This report contradicts ESPN.com’s Marc Stein, who said late Monday that the Suns intentions were to keep Amare.

The Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-17-bulls-chicagofeb17,0,7960984.story) also reports about Stoudemire, and the potential of the Bulls doing a deal with Phoenix directly, offering up Gooden, Thomas, Cedric Simmons, and a pick for Stoudemire. GM Steve Kerr did state that talks will continue all the way up to the deadline. Stay tuned….

In other trade news, the Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/907317.html) reports that the Heat are not done dealing. Miami, who recently acquired Jermaine O’ Neal, are looking to add another point guard before the trade deadline. The Heat would like to bring in a veteran, such as the Pacers Jamaal Tinsley, however the players union is still fighting to get Tinsley’s release or force Indiana to move him before Thursday. If Miami is unable to secure Tinsley, more feasable options include Marcus Williams from Golden State, Jason Hart of the Clippers, and Earl Watson from the Thunder.

It seems Vince Carter may not be headed to San Antonio, but another team in the state of Texas. The Bergen Record (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/39699777.html) reports that trade proposals between the Nets and Rockets were exchanged during the All-Star break, one which would send Vince along with Josh Boone to Houston for Ron Artest, Luther Head, and Carl Landry.

resistanze
02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
T-Back & Wince Harder reunited!

Thunder Dan
02-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Why in the hell would the Raptors trade for a guy that will just opt out in 2010

robbie380
02-17-2009, 10:23 AM
It seems Vince Carter may not be headed to San Antonio, but another team in the state of Texas. The Bergen Record (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/39699777.html) reports that trade proposals between the Nets and Rockets were exchanged during the All-Star break, one which would send Vince along with Josh Boone to Houston for Ron Artest, Luther Head, and Carl Landry.

why do "reporters" write up trades that don't even work? come on reporters at least try before you write something.

there was a trade "rumored" on espn where knee-back is sent to new jersey for hassell and vince. i doubt it happens but at least it freakin works.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
suns trade amare for picks+gooden+ty thomas?

ROFLMAO this will set that team back to teh stone ages

mogrovejo
02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I doubt the Suns trade Amare if they can't get a decent offer from Portland, besides the extremely valuable RLEC. The Blazers are more interested on turning RLEC into a swingman, so...

I doubt Amare for Cleveland happens, even more now that Pavlovic is injured - if they're moving Wally, it's going to be for also for a SF, I think.

Paxson and Dumars are betting on being the last man standing, but I doubt what they're offering is enough.

ElNono
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Bulls need a coach...

Agloco
02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
suns trade amare for picks+gooden+ty thomas?

ROFLMAO this will set that team back to teh stone ages

They're already there. Might as well blow the whole thing up and start over.

kcplayboi_26
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
They're already there. Might as well blow the whole thing up and start over.

who is that

kcplayboi_26
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
signature

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL, if the Bulls want Amare so much, how bout they stop glorifying every player they have and offer more than the Ty Thomas poo poo platter?

Thomas82
02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Chris Bosh To Bulls In Three Way?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Hanley confirms the Chris Bosh trade talks. Roman Modrowski on the Suntimes Full Court Press blog about a potential three way trade that sends Chris Bosh to the Bulls, Amare Stoudemire to the Raptors, and Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas to the Suns. Here is what he wrote:

“I have no “inside information” on what the Bulls hope to do before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline, but one person who does have a couple strong NBA connections says don’t be surprised if Amare Stoudemire heads to Toronto, Chris Bosh comes to the Bulls and a package featuring Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas heads to Phoenix.

What do you think?

Will the Suns want to trade Stoudemire now that Alvin Gentry has replaced Terry Porter as head coach and has vowed a return to Mike D’Antoni’s running, gunning ways.

Will the Suns want to deal with Bryan Colangelo?

Like Stoudemire, Bosh is part of that 2010 free-agent class if he doesn’t exercise his player option for 2010-11.

If the Bulls can make this deal, jump on it immediately.

Bosh is a fantastic 24-year-old power forward, averaging 22.7 points and 9.5 rebounds. He may not be as strong as Stoudemire, but he’s long and athletic. Another good fit for Derrick Rose.”

This is interesting to see this. This afternoon, when I inquired about whether the Amare Stoudemire trade, I was told about the possibility that the Bulls could make a run at Chris Bosh.

Is this trade a possibility? I have no idea. But I would have to think that Chris Bosh is more of a Bulls player than Amare Stoudemire, although I think the Bulls would love to have either of them.

Personally, I think Amare Stoudemire is a better player than Chris Bosh and think that Stoudemire would make the Bulls a better team than Bosh. However, if the Bulls land either of them, I will be ecstatic.

Would Toronto do this trade? I think so. It is hard to see Chris Bosh not leaving Toronto in 2010. It’s just not working out there with him and he can go make a lot of money, while playing with his buddy, Dwyane Wade, in Miami. Amare Stoudemire might rejuvenate the Raptors and give them a shot at re-signing him.

As with the trade talks just for Amare Stoudemire, everything still rests on whether the Suns find a package based on Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden as good enough value for Amare Stoudemire. We will just have to wait and see whether that package is enough to deliver.

turiaf for president
02-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Why in the hell would the Raptors trade for a guy that will just opt out in 2010

because they have a guy who will definitely opt out in 2010. amare might like it there with colangelo again