PDA

View Full Version : Parker & Harris, who is faster?

Rapper
02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
It is no doubt that Parker is obviously one of the top 3 fastest PGs in NBA

But compared with Harris, i think maybe Harris is faster than TP

Some say that Harris just needs 3.2 seconds for a lay up from the inbound line of backcourt to the frontcourt basket ,is it rrue???

But we can see that Parker is improving his jumper day by day so that even through Harris is a little bit faster than TP, however, TP is more versatile than Harris though

Mugen
02-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Harris. But they don't give out Finals MVPs for fastest dribbling times across the court.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Harris...but he can't shoot :lol

gingerwave
02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Harris. But they don't give out Finals MVPs for fastest dribbling times across the court.

Very good point. Speed helps but you need to be able to shoot and be a leader. TP has him on being a leader.

Winters
02-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Man I would say Parker though

Tp's speed is second to none

Mugen
02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Man I would say Parker though

Tp's speed is second to none

TP's fast but guys like Rose and Harris are likely faster at full speed.

But Tony is much more deceptive in changing speeds and has more deceptive quickness.

mudyez
02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
harris had that recort at the allstarweekend...take a look at the nba-video section and you can see it!...but he didnt make a layup

and as a coach, I'm pretty sure his dribbling technique wasnt perfect for such a record (to many bounces)

and in the end: who cares...you still have to use the speed to kill defenses and parer still is better in that regard than harris

dirk4mvp
02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Harris is way faster than Parker. Just too bad if you give him 4 years, he still can't learn how to run an offense.

santymrc
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Parker might be slower than Harris in speed, but hes stronger than harris and actually hes a looot smarter. Speed + BB IQ its a better combination than just speed. Besides, u dont play at full speed BB unless u wanna have a thousand TO per game. Quick first step and thats about it with speed. Hesitation works that way and parkers knows a lot better than harris about that -besides the fact he can finish in a bunch of different ways.

spursparker9
02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
I thought it was 3.9sec fro harris. That was a record setter.
During the all-star game, the commentators mentioned Parker initially wanted to give it
a try but pop called and tell him no.

m33p0
02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
the brazilian bleh is faster than both. parker is quicker though.

BestPFInTheGame21
02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Harris for sure. Harris is a blur and can get to the basket at will....but hes iffy converting when he gets there....something we dont have to worry about w\ TP

hater
02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
even Jason Rickardson is faster than Harris come on :rolleyes

stéphane
02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
It is no doubt that Parker is obviously one of the top 3 fastest PGs in NBA

But compared with Harris, i think maybe Harris is faster than TP

Some say that Harris just needs 3.2 seconds for a lay up from the inbound line of backcourt to the frontcourt basket ,is it rrue???

But we can see that Parker is improving his jumper day by day so that even through Harris is a little bit faster than TP, however, TP is more versatile than Harris though

I read just today on the french newspaper "l'Equipe" that Devin did set a record at 3,93s and that Kobe and Shaq were pushing TP to try to beat that record and that he turned them down because his muscles were cold and that if he would have injured himself Pop simply would have destroyed him (not exactly his world but trying to report what I read this morning).

EricB
02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't get the cracks on Devin Harris, to me he looks like a pretty good shooter, and hes doing quite well as evidenced by him being an all star.

stéphane
02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
On a side note, Tony is pure speed but as it has already been stated his true strenght is to slow down just before reaching the defender to freeze him, then choosing the weak defended side and then blow past him.

Rapper
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
So a question is coming up

How about Allen Iverson at age of 25?

I mean if AI were 25 years old right now, could he break Harris's record?

stéphane
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't get the cracks on Devin Harris, to me he looks like a pretty good shooter, and hes doing quite well as evidenced by him being an all star.

Yup have to agree with you on this one. Devin is really taking a step forward this year and will be one of the best PGs in the league for the years to come. Tony had the "chance" to have responsibilities really early in his career thus their learning curves as floor leaders are really different.
And people bash Harris for not being a shooter? Yeah for sure Tony was a heck of a shooter 3 years ago :rolleyes

Yao明
02-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Harris.but he can't shoot

Mugen
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
not knockin on Devin. I think he's top a top 5 pg right now.

Rapper
02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
not knockin on Devin. I think he's top a top 5 pg right now.

at this point i kinda disagree

my opinion of top 5 PGs are as follow

CP3
D-William
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker
Steve Nash

Mugen
02-17-2009, 11:07 AM
at this point i kinda disagree

my opinion of top 5 PGs are as follow

CP3
D-William
Jason Kidd
Tony Parker
Steve Nash

Ask Mavs fans who they would rather have right now.

CP3
TP
DWILL
HARRIs
NASH

Give it another year before DROSE replaces nash. Jameer was making a case for himself too before he went down.

mathbzh
02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
About speed I am not sure Harris or Parker are that fast.
They are incredibly quick, but I don't know if they really have a great "full speed".
In pre-draft "3/4 court sprint" measurement, Harris was not among elite (Joe Alexander for instance is much faster).

stéphane
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
About speed I am not sure Harris or Parker are that fast.
They are incredibly quick, but I don't know if they really have a great "full speed".
In pre-draft "3/4 court sprint" measurement, Harris was not among elite (Joe Alexander for instance is much faster).

We're talking with the ball :p:

mathbzh
02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Off course it is with the ball.
All I say is that their maximum speed is not the more important factor.
Quickness and ball handling skills are much more important.

phxspurfan
02-17-2009, 01:29 PM
DWill > TP

Manufan909
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Considering AI, Mo Williams, Ray Allen, AND Rashard all made it, being an East Allstar wasn't saying much this year. Devin wouldn't have started if DWill or TP was in the East. Fucking East sucked this year.