PDA

View Full Version : LOL Burris

MannyIsGod
02-17-2009, 04:08 PM
How quickly can they remove this ass hat?

Burris Now Admits Raising Money for Blagojevich (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/02/17/burris_now_admits_raising_money_for_blagojevich.ht ml)

Sen. Roland Burris (D-IL) "has acknowledged he sought to raise campaign funds for then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich at the request of the governor's brother at the same time he was making a pitch to be appointed to the Senate seat previously held by President Barack Obama," the Chicago Tribune (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2009/02/burris-now-acknowledges-fundraising-effort-for-blagojevich.html?xid=rss-page) reports.

"Previously Burris has left the impression that he always balked at the issue of raising money for the governor because of his interest in the Senate appointment."

Rich Miller (http://thecapitolfaxblog.com/2009/02/17/this-just-in-burris-alters-his-story-again/): "This guy is a real piece of work."

RandomGuy
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Was there EVER any doubt on ANYBODY'S mind that this guy would turn up tainted by Blagojovich's stink?

MannyIsGod
02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I won't lie - I was fooled. I didn't think he'd have the audacity to show up dirty. Boy was I wrong.

George Gervin's Afro
02-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Burris needs to resign.

ChumpDumper
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
He's almost as shameless as Blago.

MannyIsGod
02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I know their level of shamelessness shouldn't shock me but man - wtf do these guys think ?

Crookshanks
02-17-2009, 04:49 PM
I won't lie - I was fooled. I didn't think he'd have the audacity to show up dirty. Boy was I wrong.
Oh come on Manny! For someone who prides himself on being so politically savvy - what did you expect from a politician who's part of the Chicago political machine? :lmao They're all dirty! I'm a little surprised he was exposed so quickly - but not that he's as dirty as the rest of them.

baseline bum
02-17-2009, 04:49 PM
That's a real accomplishment to be the most embarrassing member of Congress. I guess Ted Kennedy still gets that distinction technically, but it's hard to give him that award when he's not an acting member.

MannyIsGod
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh come on Manny! For someone who prides himself on being so politically savvy - what did you expect from a politician who's part of the Chicago political machine? :lmao They're all dirty! I'm a little surprised he was exposed so quickly - but not that he's as dirty as the rest of them.

I'll admit it was naive of me, but he sold me. Its hard to always be cynical when you want to believe people are good. Its actually pretty damn sad when you get down to it.

baseline bum
02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
I'll admit it was naive of me, but he sold me. Its hard to always be cynical when you want to believe people are good. Its actually pretty damn sad when you get down to it.

That's where you screwed up: politicians != people
(for anyone who hasn't programmed C,C++,Java, != = not equal)

LockBeard
02-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I know their level of shamelessness shouldn't shock me but man - wtf do these guys think ?

The same thing most politicians in Washington think. Their only downfall was they did not have enough power yet.

I weep for America that a man such as yourself with so high a degree of intelligence is still fooled easily.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-17-2009, 10:22 PM
That's a real accomplishment to be the most embarrassing member of Congress. I guess Ted Kennedy still gets that distinction technically, but it's hard to give him that award when he's not an acting member.

Indeed, someone's got to pick up the slack now that Rahm's on Obama's staff.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02172009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/rahms_rent_is_just_the_tip_of_ethics_ice_155536.ht m

NEWS broke last week that Rahm Emanuel, now White House chief of staff, lived rent- free for years in the home of Rep. Rosa De Lauro (D-Conn.) - and failed to disclose the gift, as congressional ethics rules mandate. But this is only the tip of Emanuel's previously undislosed ethics problems.

One issue is the work Emanuel tossed the way of De Lauro's husband. But the bigger one goes back to Emanuel's days on the board of now-bankrupt mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

Emanuel is a multimillionaire, but lived for the last five years for free in the tony Capitol Hill townhouse owned by De Lauro and her husband, Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg.

During that time, he also served as chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee - which gave Greenberg huge polling contracts. It paid Greenberg's firm $239,996 in 2006 and $317,775 in 2008. (Emanuel's own campaign committee has also paid Greenberg more than $50,000 since 2004.)

To be fair, Greenberg had polling contracts with the DCCC before - but each new election cycle brings its own set of consultants. And Emanuel was certainly generous with his roommate.

Emanuel never declared the substantial gift of free rent on any of his financial-disclosure forms. He and De Lauro claim that it was just allowable "hospitality" between colleagues. Hospitality - for five years?

Some experts suggest that it was also taxable income: Over five years, the free rent could easily add up to more than $100,000.

Nor is this all that seems to have been missed in the Obama team's vetting process. Consider: Emanuel served on the Freddie Mac board of directors during the time that the government-backed lender lied about its earnings, a leading contributor to the current economic meltdown.

The Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight Agency later singled out the Freddie Mac board as contributing to the fraud in 2000 and 2001 for "failing in its duty to follow up on matters brought to its attention." In other words, board members ignored the red flags waving in their faces.

The SEC later fined Freddie $50 million for its deliberate fraud in 2000, 2001 and 2002.

Meanwhile, Emanuel was paid more than $260,000 for his Freddie "service." Plus, after he resigned from the board to run for Congress in 2002, the troubled agency's PAC gave his campaign $25,000 - its largest single gift to a House candidate.

That's what friends are for, isn't it?

George Gervin's Afro
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Indeed, someone's got to pick up the slack now that Rahm's on Obama's staff.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02172009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/rahms_rent_is_just_the_tip_of_ethics_ice_155536.ht m

Some 'conservative' experts think this is taxable income.