PDA

View Full Version : Why TP doesn't make personal fouls?

Josepatches_
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I mean it's obvious he has problems to stop the PG every game but he only averages 1.4 PF,lowest in his career.I saw tonight how he could stop easily 3 or 4 plays that end with a layup but he never use the hands.

He is not use to be in foul trouble so he might be more intense defensively

ElNono
02-17-2009, 10:40 PM
He just didn't bring it tonight... not his D, and not his O. He barely drove to the basket in the second half...

Shastafarian
02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I wish I had seen the game so I could more faithfully complain about his 5/20 performance from the floor.

Kori Ellis
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I wish I had seen the game so I could more faithfully complain about his 5/20 performance from the floor.

Go ahead and complain. He needed to keep shooting, but he was just horrible today.

Shastafarian
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Go ahead and complain. He needed to keep shooting, but he was just horrible today.

Well I didn't see the game so I don't know what % of those shots were ill-advised jumpers.

jermaine
02-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I swear I'd take Billups, and Anderson(Birdman) for Parker any day.

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Tony doesn't give effort on D..if he gave effort, he could be an above average defensive player, as we've seen in the past..but he doesn't..he also has limited size, which hurts his D..size>quickness defensively..

Tony's just a below average defender, and I don't see it changing..I give him some benefit though, since it's probably difficult with the injuries in the past 2 seasons..

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
most of his 20 shots were good..he missed a lot of open jumpers..

some of the shots were horrible though, as usual..the iso situations, where he dribbled forever and then settled for a J, were bad though..his last attempted layup vs. Wilson Chandler with a minute to go, was his worst shot IMO..

ducks
02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
tonys d is usually pretty good

tony and duncan both sucked today
duncan had 7 turnovers
spurs should not have gave up over 100 points

DDS4
02-17-2009, 10:52 PM

duncan had 7 turnovers

No Manu, All-Star weekend hangover with TD and Parker = loss

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Parker's D was passable in years prior, but it's been absolutely pathetic all season long..

Ice009
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Tony doesn't give effort on D..if he gave effort, he could be an above average defensive player, as we've seen in the past..but he doesn't..he also has limited size, which hurts his D..size>quickness defensively..

Tony's just a below average defender, and I don't see it changing..I give him some benefit though, since it's probably difficult with the injuries in the past 2 seasons..

Did you read the french article where TP said he was a top 3 defender at PG?

This was less than a month ago TP said it.

Pauleta14
02-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Well I didn't see the game so I don't know what % of those shots were ill-advised jumpers.

Most of them were "good" jumpers...and lay ups!

SouthTexasRancher
02-17-2009, 10:56 PM

Hell, I'd gladly trade Tony for Nate Robinson at this point. But, Billups would be great as a Spur. Too bad he was involved in the Denver-Detroit trade already. Denver isn't about to give him up now that they have some maturity and stability thanks to Billups telling the young guys what it takes to get to the top.

ducks
02-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Hell, I'd gladly trade Tony for Nate Robinson at this point. But, Billups would be great as a Spur. Too bad he was involved in the Denver-Detroit trade already. Denver isn't about to give him up now that they have some maturity and stability thanks to Billups telling the young guys what it takes to get to the top.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

tp>chauncy

ElNono
02-17-2009, 10:58 PM

duncan had 7 turnovers

Duncan carried us tonight. Most of his TOs were off hard double teams.
TD played great. We wouldn't have been in the game at all without him.

ducks
02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Duncan carried us tonight. Most of his TOs were off hard double teams.
TD played great. We wouldn't have been in the game at all without him.

no one plays great with 7 turnovers

EricB

and I'd swear you were a retard.

Kori Ellis
Tony's D can be very good when he stays aggressive at it. He's had some good games defensively this year and Pop has always said Tony's D is underrated. But for the past couple months, he hasn't done much on D at all.

Hopefully he'll bounce back next game with a great performance on both ends.

SouthTexasRancher
Tony Parker, Puhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlease leave your OL' lady home on these road trips against Eastern Conference teams. This is getting to be like the other Tony in Texas with his FatASS girlfriend, Jessica! The Spurs lose and the Cowboys lose.

chasky
02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
He never make fouls because his difence no exist.

jermaine
02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
ducks who would you want to take your game winning shot? Parker or Billups

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM

mason

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
you start bowen and kt
spurs d will improve

SouthTexasRancher
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

tp>chauncy

Let's do it!!! George Karl just might like it. Then Hill can learn from Chauncy more about the PG position that from TP.

Pop has to do something at this point. If we stand pat we might make it to the 2nd round.

jermaine
EricB you dont even know who you are anymore and we've all been waiting on this Sheed deal you said was going down! So please shut up

ducks
bowen makes everyone play better d

Kori Ellis
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM

Seeing as Parker shoots about 8-10% higher than Billiups in regular game time situations, and in the clutch stats, then the logical answer is Parker.

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
no one plays great with 7 turnovers

He had a 23-13-5 night and he sucked? Even when he was the only Spur being constantly double teamed?

If you want to start lumping players that sucked along with Tony tonight you can start with Finley...

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:07 PM
FWIW, I'm not bashing Tony. He just didn't bring it tonight... I don't really know why. Maybe he got complacent because we were in the game throughout, but if he has those 5 minutes where he takes over with drives we win this game...

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:08 PM
all-star hang over

Kori Ellis
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
:lol @ someone thinking Tim sucked. Without Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

jermaine
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
You get Billups, you have ast, an pts! With Birdman you get rebs, blks, and pts! All that for parker, i'll take it.

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:10 PM
:lol @ someone thinking Tim sucked. Without Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

without him they get blownout out
with no turnovers they might win

Kori Ellis
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
without him they get blownout out
with no turnovers they might win

Tell his teammates to play well enough so that Tim doesn't get doubled then. For the most part, Tim had turnovers because he was getting double hard because Parker/Finley weren't doing anything to warrant being guarded.

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Tell his teammates to play well enough so that Tim doesn't get doubled then. For the most part, Tim had turnovers because he was getting double hard because Parker/Finley weren't doing anything to warrant being guarded.

Not to mention that if Tony and Finley shot at 45% or better TD ends up with a triple double. But hey, he sucked. :rolleyes

Josepatches_
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Seeing as Parker shoots about 8-10% higher than Billiups in regular game time situations, and in the clutch stats, then the logical answer is Parker.

Well,I don't know the sense of this but TP's FG% is better because he mades more layups.Their style of play is different.

For the winning shot I would pick Billups because he has a better JS.It's difficult find the way to the rim at the end of the game.
TP's FG% is better than Kobe's one too.Would you pick TP instead Kobe for the winning shot?

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM

duncan is good enough not to turn the ball over on double teams
he has gotten doubled teamed before and did not turn the ball over 7 times in the game

it is not like the first time he has ever been doubled

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Kobe's FGs made in clutch time is very high, and his % is respectable..Billups hasn't made a lot, and he has a very poor % in clutch time..his reputation as a clutch player is very exaggerated..

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Not to mention that if Tony and Finley shot at 45% or better TD ends up with a triple double. But hey, he sucked. :rolleyes

and tp would have had more assist if people made their shots when he passed them the ball

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Well,I don't know the sense of this but TP's FG% is better because he mades more layups.Their style of play is different.

For the winning shot I would pick Billups because he has a better JS.It's difficult find the way to the rim at the end of the game.
TP's FG% is better than Kobe's one too.Would you pick TP instead Kobe for the winning shot?

I would. Kobe has this 'Closer' moniker on him, but if you look at his FG% in clutch shots, he's well below 40%. He just takes pretty much every last shot, which gives the impression that he's really good at it, but numbers say otherwise.

cabass88
02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
id take billupif we needed a 3 but hands down parker for a 2 cus he can penetrate any d and then kick it out to mason... (hence the 12/25/2008 @ Phoenix game were mason hit the 3 ball off of parkers penetration) And Erik B if u are tony parker just to let u kno man ur awesome and that i think ur d could improve but who doesnt need to work on there defense!

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Kobe's FGs made in clutch time is very high, and his % is respectable..Billups hasn't made a lot, and he has a very poor % in clutch time..his reputation as a clutch player is very exaggerated..

I believe Kobe FG% in the clutch is around 35%... there was a thread about that not long ago in the NBA forum...

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I believe Kobe FG% in the clutch is around 35%... there was a thread about that not long ago in the NBA forum...

it's actually 25%..his status is exaggerated, but he also has 56 attempts, and the majority are from outside, since he has so much confidence in his J..

Billups shoots 16% with 20 less attempts..

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:25 PM
it's actually 25%..his status is exaggerated, but he also has 56 attempts, and the majority are from outside, since he has so much confidence in his J..

More reason to have TP take it... :toast
That said, I was hoping it would be Mason, but TD was a good choice also. He had a good look and it didn't go. Happens to the best of them...

Lady M
02-17-2009, 11:26 PM

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm
6 winning shots
but 37.5% for Tony 16% for chauncey
Tony is the good choice

ducks
02-17-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm
6 winning shots
but 37.5% for Tony 16% for chauncey
Tony is the good choice
:hat:flag::hat

Agloco
02-17-2009, 11:33 PM

Yeah he was just plain awful. You don't wanna see any of that crap.....

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Agloco, you need to change your sig bro, it's mesmerizing..

timaios
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
You get Billups, you have ast, an pts! With Birdman you get rebs, blks, and pts! All that for parker, i'll take it.

Billups 6.2 ast/game
Parker 6.5 ast/game

Billups 18.0 ppg % 0.416
Parker 20.4 ppg % 0.494

Billups 2.6 rpg
Parker 2.8 rpg

You don't know what you're talking about.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Billups 6.2 ast/game
Parker 6.5 ast/game

Billups 18.0 ppg % 0.416
Parker 20.4 ppg % 0.494

Billups 2.6 rpg
Parker 2.8 rpg

You don't know what you're talking about.

tony parker is overrated seriously, over the years its always been him, nash, deron, cp3 getting the love, while a guy like chaucey didnt get any respect when he was on the pistons where the pistons teams finish with a good regular season team record and went deep into the playoffs...he posts basically the same numbers as those 4 guys but never gets recognize....Look whats his doing with the nuggets turning there season around after the ai/billups trade....

ElNono
02-17-2009, 11:53 PM
tony parker is overrated seriously, over the years its always been him, nash, deron, cp3 getting the love, while a guy like chaucey didnt get any respect when he was on the pistons where the pistons teams finish with a good regular season team record and went deep into the playoffs...he posts basically the same numbers as those 4 guys but never gets recognize....Look whats his doing with the nuggets turning there season around after the ai/billups trade....

He was their NBA Finals MVP the year that they won it all... you don't get much more love than that...

coyotes_geek
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm assuming you mean some other form of respect different from the finals mvp and perennial all-star selections...............

timaios
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM

You could have said : Billups is underrated...
But as a big fan of Tony Parker, you prefer the "tony parker is overrated" thing.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Billups is actually overrated IMO..

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
You could have said : Billups is underrated...
But as a big fan of Tony Parker, you prefer the "tony parker is overrated" thing.

Does it make a difference?

you wanna be top5 pg in the nba? back that shit up.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2009, 12:08 AM
the problem I have with Tony is how he talks..he has the balls to call Rondo overrated, and then he sucks in the game vs. Boston..he calls himself a top 3 defensive PG in the NBA(like Ice said earlier), and he hasn't played D in a minute..

he doesn't back it up..

timaios
02-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Does it make a difference?

you wanna be top5 pg in the nba? back that shit up.

Yes it does.
You could see it if you had a brain.

DPG21920
02-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Is it me or does tony look like he is playing depressed? He does not have that "spark" he has always had. I do not know if he is overly "saving" something or if something is wrong, just weird?

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes it does.
You could see it if you had a brain.

well did he back up that shit tonight? no.

and it was against the pathetic knicks, where you let nate robinson do what he likes.....fuck that.

ulosturedge
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Tony Parker creates instant offense for himself and our team. Not to mention he is 26 vs Chauncey being 32. Yeah lets do a trade just like the Mavericks did...if you are in a hurry to be a lottery team.

I agree his defense isn't the best, but he does contest shots. He just doesn't have the body nor the length to shut down his opposition. We have George Hill for that.

smrattler
03-03-2009, 08:16 PM
TP puts in the effort on defense, no question. Or Pop would eat him up.

As for fouls? This is TP following Pop's number one rule (or one of the rules): NO FOULS! MAke them earn it, make them make the shots and don't give the extra point.