PDA

View Full Version : tlong

IronMexican
02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
2007 Draft night all over again. Do you take Durant or Oden?

Jmoney
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
You can't teach big. Still got to go with Oden until he turns into Cherokee Parks

monosylab1k
02-17-2009, 11:13 PM
If they had Durant right now they'd be on the higher ground with LA/SA/Denver instead of being in the 4-8 seed dogfight.

lil_penny
02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
im still picking oden no b.s. Im giving him more then just these last few months or so to label him bust, durant is a beast dont get me wrong, but honestly either oden will be a great, or a great dissapointment... as a blazer fan im prepared for either.

Pelicans78
02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Is this like asking whether they would draft Jordan or Sam Bowie?

tlongII
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
One will win scoring titles, the other will win NBA titles. Oden.

scanry
02-17-2009, 11:37 PM

I don't think it's Bowie-Jordan again. It's more like Olajuawon-Jordan. Olajuawon was the pick at the draft, but by the end of the year Jordan was obviously the better pick.

j-money24
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM

yah by having brandon roy, lamarcus alridge do the work
look durant>>>>oden and its not even funny... its funny how jeff green is the 2nd best player on that team, give durant one good player like a nene kind of player and u will see them contend with your blazers for a playoff spot.

Lars
02-18-2009, 12:08 AM

lol, love your enthusiasm.

robbie380
02-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't think it's Bowie-Jordan again. It's more like Olajuawon-Jordan. Olajuawon was the pick at the draft, but by the end of the year Jordan was obviously the better pick.

rofl @ more like olajuwon/jordan...why don't you tell me which team went to the finals first?

turiaf for president
02-18-2009, 12:19 AM
i have to disagree with the blazer fans. i know odens your guy and you feel the need to back him but durant should have been an all star this year. with oden you feel good if he plays 70 games out of the year. in a perfect world, a C has more value than a SF but when the talent is as good as durant, no.

Indazone
02-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Oden will eventually become something barring injury but right now

Oden is made of glass.

tomtom
02-18-2009, 12:42 AM
I still have hope for Oden though it hurts to see Durant do so well

scanry
02-18-2009, 12:51 AM
rofl @ more like olajuwon/jordan...why don't you tell me which team went to the finals first?

Has nothing to do with Olajuwon going to the Finals first. We all know what happened when he went there. I'm just saying that Centers are not necessarily the better picks because Jordan was a much better player than Olajuwon, and the same applies to Durant & Oden.

peskypesky
02-18-2009, 12:52 AM
I'll give Oden at least one more season before I declare him a bust. A lot of good big men didn't put up outstanding numbers in their first season.

So as good as Durant is, I go with the big man.

angelbelow
02-18-2009, 01:18 AM
i would take oden as well, unless durants turns out to be jordan and becomes the winningest/dominant non big man.

Killakobe81
02-18-2009, 01:43 AM
normally you go big over small unless dude is a super talent Olajawon over Jordan made sense Bowie no so much ...Bowie had a history of injuries but when healthy looked good that is Oden (so far) Id take Durant.

Better ? LBJ or Dwight Howard?

koriwhat
02-18-2009, 04:39 AM
normally you go big over small unless dude is a super talent Olajawon over Jordan made sense Bowie no so much ...Bowie had a history of injuries but when healthy looked good that is Oden (so far) Id take Durant.

Better ? LBJ or Dwight Howard?

hands down... bron bron!

if you can take a nothing team to the finals on your back you deserve more credit then someone who needs talent to succeed to that next level but has yet to do so.

Killakobe81
02-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes what LBJ did was incredible ...but how is that diffrent than Ewing leading a team to the finals without a second true All-star caliber player? he had Oakley, Carles smith, Anthony starks good players none great?
Or Kidd leading the nets to back 2 back finals? Jefferson, martin pretty god none repeat all-stars
How about Magic leading a lakers squad that featured Old james worthy, Vlade etc to an NBA Finals?
Iverson doing the same with Eric Snow, Dikemebe etc?

I know LBJ is great in all but in reality what he did was noting unique "special" but not unique personally I dont care about the LBJ vs.Kobe debate ...
To START a franchise I take Howard 1st LBJ close second ...
Ror right now Kobe 1st Duncan 2nd LBJ third Howard 4th ...

BUMP
02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes what LBJ did was incredible ...but how is that diffrent than Ewing leading a team to the finals without a second true All-star caliber player? he had Oakley, Carles smith, Anthony starks good players none great?
Or Kidd leading the nets to back 2 back finals? Jefferson, martin pretty god none repeat all-stars
How about Magic leading a lakers squad that featured Old james worthy, Vlade etc to an NBA Finals?
Iverson doing the same with Eric Snow, Dikemebe etc?

I know LBJ is great in all but in reality what he did was noting unique "special" but not unique personally I dont care about the LBJ vs.Kobe debate ...
To START a franchise I take Howard 1st LBJ close second ... Ror right now Kobe 1st Duncan 2nd LBJ third Howard 4th ...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

BUMP
02-18-2009, 10:39 AM
although you bring up a pretty good point when you say that many superstars have led their teams to the Finals and it isnt that incredible.

i just dont think you take Howard over Lebron just because he is big. Howard has tremendous upside but LBJ has already carried a team to the Finals and potentially the best player in the NBA while Howard has yet to carry Orlando anywhere

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
To start a franchise

1. LBJ
2. cp3
3. Durant
4. Dwight Howard
5. D-Will

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
And Derrick Rose might have more to say about this by seasons end.

BUMP
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
1. LBJ
2. Cp3
3. Dwight Howard
4. Durant
5. Oden

BUMP
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
and derrick rose might have more to say about this by seasons end.

+1

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
I know this will sound homerish, but I'd take Bynum over Oden.

scanry
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I know this will sound homerish, but I'd take Bynum over Oden.

I would too but you have to realize that Kareem has been breastfeeding Bynum for the past 3 1/2 years. Oden is still a raw talent and if he starts improving his low post presence, he'd be another Dwight in the making.. :wow

turiaf for president
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
heres the difference yet again.......bynum came into the league with a shooting touch. he HAD some offensive moves and awareness. odens game is shaq like. just pound pound and dunk. hes not 325 pounds so he cant move people around as much as shaq.

j-money24
02-18-2009, 04:09 PM
but bynum and oden have been injury prone players

Pelicans78
02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Oden is way more athletic than Bynum. Bynum is proving to be a hard worker, but he was a work in progress compared to Oden who had more natural abilities.

sook
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Has nothing to do with Olajuwon going to the Finals first. We all know what happened when he went there. I'm just saying that Centers are not necessarily the better picks because Jordan was a much better player than Olajuwon, and the same applies to Durant & Oden.

You can't compare Olajuwon to oden. Olajuwon was amazing even in his rookie yr, but it is undisputable that Jordan is GOAT. Oden isn't even doing crap this year....