PDA

View Full Version : Tmac out for season

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 12:29 AM
dang it, the Rockets have a chance at the playoffs now :lol

lil_penny
02-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Just saw this on espn.. but I thought this was news months ago.

Pelicans78
02-18-2009, 12:33 AM
He's gonna have microfracture surgery. At least he will finally take care of the problem.

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 12:33 AM
He was mentally done a couple months ago.

Indazone
02-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Probably needs microfracture surgery. At least that was the rumor that he had a bald spot on the knee. He's likely done for the season. I thought all along that he was not the same player he used to be and had a problem with the knee.

Les obviously likes T-Mac and is a big fan. He's probably not going anywhere.

Findog
02-18-2009, 12:34 AM
He's an old 29 with lots of minutes played, so that doesn't bode well for the microfracture. But, on the other hand, he's still 29 and most of the worst-case scenarios were from earlier on in the microfracture procedure's history. If he doesn't rush back but takes his time, he could regain T-Mac form one more time.

xtremesteven33
02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
That sucks for the Rockets.

This NBA season is shaping up to be a Lakers vs Cavaliers NBA Finals.

dirk4mvp
02-18-2009, 12:37 AM
I hope he takes as long as it needs to fully recover. The T-Mac from earlier this decade is long gone,but he could still avg. 20+ easily.

Good thing the Rockets have Rudy Gay to replace him as an elite wing player.

DeadlyDynasty
02-18-2009, 12:38 AM

Ewing theory in full effect:lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 12:39 AM
now, if the Rockets get out of the 1st round, does that include Tmac or is that still going to hang on him? :lol

Indazone
02-18-2009, 12:40 AM
If we get out of the first round T-Mac will still be a second round virgin.

Rogue
02-18-2009, 01:04 AM
rockets won't go further than first round either way with or without tmac.:lol

Killakobe81
02-18-2009, 01:27 AM
2bad great talent.
I argued even when he first got to hou that he would break down ...first it ws back and often that lead to leg or feet issues...
Some argued at his best he was better than kobe but we obviously can see healthy or not he never was ...
I agree he cn get back to the 18-20 ppg level i see a Grant hill type finish to his career

DMX7
02-18-2009, 03:27 AM

lol.

Many PackYao
02-18-2009, 03:34 AM
rockets won't go further than first round either way with or without tmac.:lol
Cool, Mavs and Rockets' fans get to go fishin' together again like last year.:lol :toast

djohn2oo8
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
A writer in the chronicle said that even though tmac is out for the season, it won't affect the deal that they are working on.

"The problem is that I cannot reveal what they do hope to accomplish because I could not pry loose the name. Basically, the Rockets want either a difference maker or the sort of deal that could help them get that sort of player later (like the way trading for Bobby Jackson enabled them to get Ron Artest.)
The McGrady developments late Tuesday will not impact this. They were not dealing him. No one is taking on that contract now, even before he said he would need microfracture surgery.
The Rockets could settle for a small move, maybe pick up a first-round pick from a team that does not want to have to spend the money on a late first-rounder. They could move Luther Head. He would seem to need minutes he does not seem likely to get here and there are teams with backcourt injuries. He is expected to be ready to play by next week. And they might just pull off something more significant. "

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/02/mcgrady_out_for_the_year_if_he.html

I hope Von Wafer continues to play like last night. 19 pts

Rogue
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
There is an urban legend that Tracy Mcgrady was once healthy:rolleyes

these words are more credible than feigen's BS.

tlongII
02-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Does TMac have the self-discipline it takes to come back from MF surgery? That is the question imo. You can make it back virtually all the way, but you have to put in a lot of hard work. My understanding is that TMac has not always been willing to do the work necessary.

flipcritic
02-18-2009, 09:36 AM
All is not lost. If Jason Kidd could make it (though they play in different ways), maybe he can. Best of luck to him.

DaDakota
02-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Pause a moment here.

This is TMAC saying it......at a time that he is rumored to be on the trading block.......and none of the doctors or organization agree with him.

Basically there are varying opinions so far 4 doctors have said he is fine and just needs rehab.

Tmac doesn't believe them so he is traveling around trying to find one that has a magic jelly bean to make him get better without him having to do any hard work.

Well, ain't gonna happen.

He may need microfracture but all the doctors so far say that he should do the rehab FIRST.....and he has refused.

Well, as a Rockets fan, I want him sitting out...we are much better without him right now...put Artest in his spot and get Wafer more minutes.

Get Tmac his 2nd round feel by not actually playing him.

:D

DD

MI21
02-18-2009, 10:19 AM

I see what you did there :toast

Sad news, I used to be a big fan of T-Mac, early Orlando day T-Mac. His 2002-2003 season was truly something spectacular.

DaDakota
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
The Rockets are better off without him this year.....we were contenders last year until Yao went out.

Replace Tmac with Ron and we are contenders again....and score 6 points more a game because everyone is involved.

Tmac was a star player, but he is a ball stopper extrodinaire, and the team is more diverse and better defensively without him.

Onward and upward HO !!

DD

djohn2oo8
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
The Rockets are better off without him this year.....we were contenders last year until Yao went out.

Replace Tmac with Ron and we are contenders again....and score 6 points more a game because everyone is involved.

Tmac was a star player, but he is a ball stopper extrodinaire, and the team is more diverse and better defensively without him.

Onward and upward HO !!

DD

:toast

turiaf for president
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
i just thought this was funny

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6268327.html

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said he will miss the remainder of the season to undergo microfracture surgery on his left knee, ESPN reported late Tuesday.

Rockets spokesman Nelson Luis said the team would not comment on the report. McGrady could not be immediately reached.

According to the report, McGrady told ESPN that he would need the surgery because of the on-going troubles with his knee. Last week he said he was not even considering surgery and would play after the All-Star break.

McGrady was examined Tuesday in New York and has another examination scheduled for Wednesday. Rockets owner Leslie Alexander said there would be news about McGrady’s condition sometime this week.

Alexander described McGrady as a ‘superstar’ and said that the team had no interest in trading him.

"I don’t think we’re going to part ways with Tracy," said Alexander. "Everybody wants us to. We acquired a great superstar and everybody wants us to trade the great superstar. You don’t get superstars that often.

"Daryl (Morey, the Rockets general manager) and I were talking this morning. We both discussed how great Tracy is in the playoffs. There’s very few people who have the ability to step up their games in the playoffs and he does. So we’re not looking to run away from Tracy."

:rollin:rollin:rollin
alexander says they dont want to trade tmac, but at this point i think its the other way around. no one wants him

Red Hawk #21
02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
^ That sounded so sarcastic lol

turiaf for president
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
^ That sounded so sarcastic lol

when i read that i was like wait is he serious???

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
You can understand why T-Mac is hurt, though. I mean, look at all those grueling, long and succesful playoff runs he has had, how could you not break down?

Gino
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
They need a better adjective to describe how "done" T-Mac is.

SenorSpur
02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
They need a better adjective to describe how "done" T-Mac is.

So cooked?

Hemotivo
02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
good news

Xylus
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Damn, I hate when players get TMacked. The NBA is so much better when its star players aren't sidelined with TMacs.

Spurs Brazil
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
That sucks for Rockets and T-Mac

duncan228
02-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Season has come to a close (http://www.t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/1519)

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have heard, my season has come to an end. My knee hasn’t been right all year, and we can’t seem to get the pain to go away. We’ve tried just playing through it, taking back-to-backs off, and extended periods of rest, but none of it has really been effective in limiting the discomfort and allowing me to just go out there and play. I’ve met with numerous doctors and gotten a number of opinions, and unfortunately I will be undergoing microfracture surgery on my left knee immediately. Microfracture surgery is a serious procedure, but I’m confident that I will be able to return next season with the same strength and explosiveness you are all used to seeing from me.

It has been extremely frustrating dealing with the knee injury this season. It’s been tough on me both physically and mentally and while we’ve come to this conclusion after much deliberation, we truly feel this is best for both me and the Rockets in the long term. As I’ve said before and will say again, I have the best fans in the world. Thank you for all your continued support through the good times and the bad.

I will make sure to keep you all posted on what’s happening with me.

Peace

T-mac

DaDakota
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
OMFG, he has not even told the organization yet.....WOW....this is gonna get ugly.

I am happy though, it is great news, the team is better without him....and he is far from his normal self.

Just have the surgery and we have a large expiring contract next year, if he can't make it back...

DD

Tmac&Luther
02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
That sucks for the Rockets.

That sucks for Rockets and T-Mac

Umm how so?

Sucks for Tmac, but not for the Rockets.....I've been asking for this for the past month. People need to realize Houston is BETTER WITHOUT TMAC this season. We just improved today.

The Rockets with Tmac this season are barely above .500 with losses to some of the worst teams in the league.

The Rockets without Tmac this season are 13 and 6, with wins against Boston and taking LA to the wire.

This is GOOD NEWS....Houston is better WITHOUT Tmac this season.

RonMexico
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
And nobody is surprised. Too bad they couldn't pull off that trade for Vince Carter...

Pelicans78
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
You Rocket fans are funny. Obviously your team is better without an injured T-Mac, but if he was healthy, you guys wouldn't complain so much. You won 22 games in a row last season without Yao and T-Mac was the biggest reason why. Its funny how you guys always complain about T-Mac, but give Yao a free pass like that little shit Calvin Murphy. Yao is just as responsible for the Rockets troubles in the playoffs. He rebounded like shit in the 4th quarter of that game 7 against Utah and yet T-Mac is responsible for that loss.

Rogue
02-18-2009, 06:09 PM
You Rocket fans are funny. Obviously your team is better without an injured T-Mac, but if he was healthy, you guys wouldn't complain so much. You won 22 games in a row last season without Yao and T-Mac was the biggest reason why. Its funny how you guys always complain about T-Mac, but give Yao a free pass like that little shit Calvin Murphy. Yao is just as responsible for the Rockets troubles in the playoffs. He rebounded like shit in the 4th quarter of that game 7 against Utah and yet T-Mac is responsible for that loss.
exactly. tmac is the no.1 shit on rockets team then Yao is the no."1+1". those rockets fans just childishly throw all the shit upon tmac's head until his knee got fractured, then those fans become dumb. rockets team always force tmac to come back to play before his injury is fully healed, the result is always tmac leaves the court again with his injury aggrevated. yao crap makes less contribution that scola and landry do but his salary is a couple times more than scolandry's combined. those clutchclowns just blame tmac yet ignore the biggest shit on their team, so there's no wonder that team sucks.

Matchman
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
nobody gave yao the free pass and we (or at least i didnt) didnt hold TMac accountable for the losses in the utah series and the maverick series. however, what seperates TMac and Yao are their work ethics and heart. Yao is physically limited, so he practiced and played as hard as he can everyday. we would not be complaining if TMac can do the same thing. all i am asking for is for TMac to play hard everyday (both on offense and defense) and intergrate himself into the Adelman system.

sook
02-18-2009, 06:47 PM

Amen. Everybody sees this.

The reason everybody gives Yao a free pass is b.c this organization drafted him and he is like their son.

There is too much hate for Tmac in houston at this point. Yao goes down every year and i have never heard anyone say anything bad about him. I'm glad you brought up game 7.

Yao was the SINGLE REASON why we lost that series. Yet we saw Tmac the one crying in the post game interview.

This team is sub 500 with just Yao leading them but i have never heard anyone bad mouth him.

I don't give a fuck about his heart, i want to see results and quite frankly he hasn't done shit for us in 7 yrs..

T-Mac led rockets ---55 wins

Yao led Rockets---Sub .500

I ROOT for the Rockets, not the Houston Yao Mings so all you Yao fans can kiss my ass

Pelicans78
02-18-2009, 06:57 PM
nobody gave yao the free pass and we (or at least i didnt) didnt hold TMac accountable for the losses in the utah series and the maverick series. however, what seperates TMac and Yao are their work ethics and heart. Yao is physically limited, so he practiced and played as hard as he can everyday. we would not be complaining if TMac can do the same thing. all i am asking for is for TMac to play hard everyday (both on offense and defense) and intergrate himself into the Adelman system.

You're asking T-Mac to perform when he's injured. It's not fair. He was amazing two seasons ago and was almost as amazing last season. The team was 20-12 two seasons ago with Yao out and last season played really well. It's hard to ask someone to play at a high level when he is injured and he has proof now needing microfracture surgery.

sook
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
We have brought every played into work with Yao and so far nothing has worked.

Who was to blame for the 05 playoffs vs dallas? I know it sure as hell wasn't mcgrady. Yao is the biggest mistake this stupid organization has made and mesmerizes people with his HEART.

Heart is overrated, tbh i don't even know wtf "Heart" is anymore.

sook
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
You're asking T-Mac to perform when he's injured. It's not fair. He was amazing two seasons ago and was almost as amazing last season. The team was 20-12 two seasons ago with Yao out and last season played really well. It's hard to ask someone to play at a high level when he is injured and he has proof now needing microfracture surgery.

Exactly, i won't even bother posting their record with Yao. Tmac is a lazy ass motherfucker but he gets it done.

Tmac wasted his best season with the rockets with some immobile, soft, sushi of a center that lets others dictate how he plays.

Front him, and you won't ever see him again.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
The rockets have outgrown tmac ever since adelman took over as coach. Do you wanna know why??? T-Mac's game is based upon him dominating the ball. We see how much better the rockets play without him because there is so much ball movement. NO ONE forced him to play when he knew he should have sat out for however long he needed. This is not just Yao's fault for their past failures. When your 7 fucking 6 foot player doesn't get any more than 10 touches a game, it falls on the coach (van gundy), and the point guard. People make it seem as if mcgrady is the victim here, when he has quit in toronto, and orlando. He fucked the organization by tellin espn that he has to have microfracture knee surgery, when the team doesn't know, and the MRI has showed no damage.

Roxsfan
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM

dang it, the Rockets have a chance at the second round now :lol

second round:rolleyes

making the playoffs has not been the issue.

Roxsfan
02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I hope he takes as long as it needs to fully recover. The T-Mac from earlier this decade is long gone,but he could still avg. 20+ easily.

fuck rudy gay. Aint nobody want rudy gay

Indazone
02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Adelman: I found out about this through the press

Adelman: I'm concerned with the guys we have right now

Adelman: Not going to question if it's what doctors say, but we deserve better from T-Mac

Adelman: We're better off moving forward... we tried lots of ways to get Tracy in there

Adelman: We believe we can win, but got to be more consistent
Adelman: Guys may have anticipated that something was going to happen with Tracy... maybe it's good that it's settled now

sook
02-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Adelman: I found out about this through the press

Adelman: I'm concerned with the guys we have right now

Adelman: Not going to question if it's what doctors say, but we deserve better from T-Mac

Adelman: We're better off moving forward... we tried lots of ways to get Tracy in there

Adelman: We believe we can win, but got to be more consistent
Adelman: Guys may have anticipated that something was going to happen with Tracy... maybe it's good that it's settled now
clutch said he will explain everything after the deadline... looks like Tmac is doing everything possible to not get traded

Indazone
02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Does this mean you got yourself back on the site?

sook
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Does this mean you got yourself back on the site?

no i don't think he'll ever let me on. I just made an acct so i could read the posts, i can't post myself, but it will last me a good 3 days :p

Indazone
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Just more drama...and the Rockets soap opera continues.

McGrady Announces He's Out For Season; Adelman Not Happy

POSTED: Wednesday, February 18, 2009
UPDATED: 3:07 pm CST February 18, 2009

http://www.click2houston.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif
http://www.click2houston.com/2008/1224/18353879_240X135.jpg
(http://www.click2houston.com/sports/18739671/detail.html#)Tracy McGrady

Houston -- Last week's KPRC Local 2 story (http://www.click2houston.com/sports/18692862/detail.html) regarding Tracy McGrady's knee and season has been confirmed by McGrady to ESPN.com's Stephen A. Smith, according to their online report Tuesday.
According to the latest confirmation, McGrady indicated to Smith that his left knee injury has not improved and that his season will end and microfracture surgery will be the next step.
Wednesday afternoon, McGrady also announced the news on his personal website.
Hey everyone, As some of you may have heard, my season has come to an end. My knee hasn’t been right all year, and we can’t seem to get the pain to go away. We’ve tried just playing through it, taking back-to-backs off, and extended periods of rest, but none of it has really been effective in limiting the discomfort and allowing me to just go out there and play. I’ve met with numerous doctors and gotten a number of opinions, and unfortunately I will be undergoing microfracture surgery on my left knee immediately. Microfracture surgery is a serious procedure, but I’m confident that I will be able to return next season with the same strength and explosiveness you are all used to seeing from me.
It has been extremely frustrating dealing with the knee injury this season. It’s been tough on me both physically and mentally and while we’ve come to this conclusion after much deliberation, we truly feel this is best for both me and the Rockets in the long term. As I’ve said before and will say again, I have the best fans in the world. Thank you for all your continued support through the good times and the bad.
I will make sure to keep you all posted on what’s happening with me.
Peace
T-mac
Rockets Head Coach Rick Adelman wasn't happy Wednesday on the way McGrady handled the announcement.
" I found out like everybody did. I think there should be a procedure where we have a chance to sit down and talk about the situation and not have it be announced through the press," said Adelman
" I don't know why he did that. It should not be handled like that."
Wednesday, Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey told SportsRadio 610 in Houston that McGrady is seeking another opinion in Chicago and that the organization has not announced anything regarding McGrady's season.
Recovery from that type of surgery normally takes one year. The Suns' Amare Stoudemire went through the process in the 2005-2006 season. After setbacks, Stoudemire became an All-Star once again this season. Jason Kidd has also been through the microfracture surgery, as has Penny Hardaway, who never fully recovered.
McGrady indicated last Wednesday that surgery would not be needed but that he was "confused over what I'm hearing." Since that time, McGrady has sought out other opinions on the status of his ailing knee.
He and the Rockets failed to confirm the KPRC Local 2 report last week and sources close to McGrady indicated then that "there is an 80 percent chance he is done and that microfracture surgery will be the next option."
Rockets owner Les Alexander said Tuesday night that a news conference is planned for this week to discuss McGrady's future this season, all but signaling the Rockets guard will have to shut it down for the remainder of the year and part of next season if the full microfracture procedure is performed.
McGrady, who has missed 19 games already this season, is averaging nearly 16 points per game. Alexander also shot down the reported trade rumors involving McGrady and the New Jersey Nets.

Indazone
02-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Adleman is pissed off

http://www.click2houston.com/video/18745171/index.html

Capt Bringdown
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
This NBA season is shaping up to be a Lakers vs Cavaliers NBA Finals.

Stern must wake up everyday and pinch himself. A LeBron vs Kobe final on the heels of last year's Lakers/Celtics match. Fair enough, those teams put it all on the line during the regular season and by any measure were/are the best teams in the NBA.

I think the paradigm of coasting thru the regular season in the hopes of peaking right before the playoffs starts is over. In other words, the Spurs championship era is most likely finished.

Tmac&Luther
02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
"Tmac" (if you can even call him that anymore) sucks ass and I'm glad he's gone. This team is better without him and hopefully he's played his last game as a Rocket.

People need to get over it and stop crying, the guy hasn't been a "superstar" for a couple of years....he's washed up.

duncan228
02-19-2009, 12:54 AM
McGrady: I’m done; Rockets not so sure (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/McGrady_Im_done_Rockets_not_so_sure.html)
Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle

HOUSTON — Tracy McGrady left little doubt. The Rockets, however, aren’t sure.

Forced to hear of McGrady’s decision to have season-ending and career-threatening surgery on ESPN and then to read about it on his Web site, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey emphasized that no decision has been made regarding an operation to repair McGrady’s troublesome left knee, either by the Rockets or McGrady.

“We’re still waiting on second opinions, and then we’re going to decide which direction we’re going to go,” Morey said at Wednesday’s Tux & Tennies Charity Gala. “That was the plan originally, and that’s still the plan. I just talked to his agent (Arn Tellem).

“Tracy hasn’t seen the doctor who would likely perform whatever procedure he ends up doing. The decision on the next step is still to be determined. Obviously, the most important person in the decision is Tracy. We think it’s best he hears all options before deciding on the final course of action.”

As far as McGrady is concerned, the decision is made.

When an MRI last week showed no change in his condition, McGrady said he was not even considering surgery. But after Tuesday’s tests in New York with a more advanced T-2 MRI, one of just two in the nation, he said he would need microfracture surgery.

“My knee hasn’t been right all year, and we can’t seem to get the pain to go away,” McGrady wrote on t-mac.com. "We’ve tried just playing through it, taking back-to-backs off, and extended periods of rest, but none of it has really been effective in limiting the discomfort and allowing me to just go out there and play.”