PDA

View Full Version : Malik Rose unauthentic blog update: 2-17-09

Blake
02-18-2009, 01:41 AM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/malik_rose-arton21168-240x240.jpg

Hey everybody,

It's your old pal, Malik.

As most of you know, I'm fading away into oblivion here in New York. I spend more time wiping the bench with my ass than the janitors do. Hell, I don't even bother putting my jersey on underneath my warmups any more. What's the point?

I guess I shouldn't mind. Even though Coach D'Antoni never remembers my name, can I really complain? I get paid millions to have a front row seat at the Garden every other night.

Jerome James and I have become pretty good friends down here at the bench end. Last year we got bored enough to start our own poker tournament to keep ourselves busy during the game. Sure, some nights Coach screws it up and sticks one of us there, but for the most part, we have it good. Jerome told me that I need to do what he did.......fake an achilles tendon tear so that I can not have to worry about being put in the game. For being such a dumb ass, that's actually not a bad idea...

Anywho, all in all I've just about broke even in our poker tourneys for the year. Some nights, it's just me and JJ. Other nights, players from other teams want in. We've had guys like Sean Marks, Donyell Marshall, Theo Ratliff amongst numerous injured players to join us.

Tonight we had Jacque Vaughn and of all guys.... Manu Ginobili. He said he flew a separate jet in as he just couldn't miss out on the game. Jerome said to me, "I don't give them no respect......none."

"uh, not sure why you keep saying that, but ok JJ"

The basketball game was close so there was no danger of me or Vaughn getting up to go in.

It was definitely Manu's night. He started with hot hands right out of the gate so he was able to bluff most of the rest of the game. When he had wiped us clean, Jerome jumped up in disgust and the next thing we know, Manu is on the floor.

"Why the hell did you knock Manu to floor, Jerome? Is it because he won?"

"cmon, I barely touched him, Malik."

"I dunno Jerome......"

"I just brushed him and he fell right over. He wins the game and he is still trying to draw a foul on me.........go check the replay"

Well, we did check the replay and it's inconclusive whether or not Manu flopped or if Jerome really pushed him......but just then, a cheerleader bumped Manu and he got knocked into the 3rd row. Go figure.

The ball game happens to be over as well, so I gotta go back to the lockerroom and grab my jersey that's hanging up.
I would ask one of these peanut vendors who won, but I could really care less at this point as my NBA career has now been reduced to this...

God I miss San Antonio

Laters,

Malik

BWS-1994
02-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Looking forward to more!

Link?

:lol

scanry
02-18-2009, 01:56 AM
I feel for Malik. The Spurs kind of screwed him with that trade. He was a very bad fit for New York, and BTW he should thank Duncan for his big contract. I think a lot of players owe Duncan money (cough.. Nazr, Malik, Barry, Oberto, Beno).

Chieflion
02-18-2009, 07:07 AM
I feel for Malik. The Spurs kind of screwed him with that trade. He was a very bad fit for New York, and BTW he should thank Duncan for his big contract. I think a lot of players owe Duncan money (cough.. Nazr, Malik, Barry, Oberto, Beno).

Every ex Spur player owes Duncan money.

Blake
02-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Link?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117260

Evil Angel
02-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Good one!

:toast

JudynTX
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
:lol:lol I've been waiting for these, thanks Blake! :toast

Hemotivo
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
:lol:downspin:

angel_luv
02-18-2009, 11:11 AM

That is a very clever, super funny blog. Kudos to its author. :)

I wish Malik had gotten traded into a better situation. He is still a favorite of mine.

Blake
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM

That is a very clever, super funny blog. Kudos to its author. :)

Malik says thanks.

This actually about #12 or 13 in the line of Malik blogs........

angel_luv
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Malik says thanks.

This actually about #12 or 13 in the line of Malik blogs........

I'll make sure to read the rest when provided the link. :)

JudynTX
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
How much money did Manu lose from the Poker game? :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Nice! :)

Blake
02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I'll make sure to read the rest when provided the link. :)

at least half of them got lost when the spursreport server crashed for the umpteenth time.

I don't travel round those parts any more, but if you head over there and search for them, I bet you can find a few.

One of my favorites that got lost was one when Isiah drove the team bus off a cliff.......

there were also some when Malik owned his sandwich shop got into fights with Jared from Subway.....

there was also one where Malik lost his championship ring in the dark caves underneath Madison Square Garden and had to try to get it back from Gollum.....

Blake
02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
How much money did Manu lose from the Poker game? :lol

you didn't read? Manu cleaned them out....that's why Jerome got pissed.

there's also news coming out today about Manu's injury. It turns out when Malik met up with Manu, he said "good to see you buddy" and patted him on the back. Manu's instincts kicked in and he automatically threw himself forward and fell down a flight of stairs trying to get a foul call. He twisted his ankle again, but he should be alright in a few days.

angel_luv
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
at least half of them got lost when the spursreport server crashed for the umpteenth time.

I don't travel round those parts any more, but if you head over there and search for them, I bet you can find a few.

One of my favorites that got lost was one when Isiah drove the team bus off a cliff.......

there were also some when Malik owned his sandwich shop got into fights with Jared from Subway.....

there was also one where Malik lost his championship ring in the dark caves underneath Madison Square Garden and had to try to get it back from Gollum.....

:lol those sound awesome. Thanks for the info!

JudynTX
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
you didn't read? Manu cleaned them out....that's why Jerome got pissed.

there's also news coming out today about Manu's injury. It turns out when Malik met up with Manu, he said "good to see you buddy" and patted him on the back. Manu's instincts kicked in and he automatically threw himself forward and fell down a flight of stairs trying to get a foul call. He twisted his ankle again, but he should be alright in a few days.

I sped read through it. :lol