PDA

View Full Version : Thats It...No more Finley..Get Salmons!

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:59 AM
John Salmons to Dallas, Portland, or Houston?

If there was one person to put money on his being traded, it would be Sacramento's John Salmons. It's not a big sexy name like Vince Carter, but for teams just looking to add a difference-making role guy, Salmons is absolutely perfect.

With Al Iannozzone of the Bergen Record reporting that Houston could be making overtures for Carter (with Ron Artest as the main piece of bait), it would seem to make sense that they'd take Salmons, too. And why not? He's less expensive, has a better track record of playing hard no matter what, and could probably be done without having to give away so much.

Salmons would be a great fit there, as would he be in Dallas, who over the weekend had some sources indicating the Mavs would be a player for the small forward. Portland is looking at small forwards as well, and Salmons could be a possibility for them. His name also seems to show up in other bigger deals, including one with Oklahoma City, which would have the Kings dangling Salmons and Brad Miller for cap space and talented young pieces.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11613

After the turd Michael Finley laid tonight I've come to the conclusion that this fucker is done.....If we cant get Sheed...lets do this shit now...Horry, Finley, Vaughn, Udoka- any of that combination, for Brad Miller and John Salmons.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Another thing I caught on there.....

Names to Watch:

The following is a list of players who could very well be traded by Thursday's deadline. If they aren't on this list, there probably isn't a huge possibility of them being moved. (Forgive me if I miss a couple):

John Salmons
Brad Miller
Quincy Douby
Beno Udrih
Mikki Moore
Josh Boone
Vince Carter
Marcus Williams
Jason Hart
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Thabo Sefolosha
Wally Szczerbiak
Richard Hamilton
Allen Iverson
Jamaal Tinsley
Richard Jefferson
Charlie Villanueva
Josh Howard
Jerry Stackhouse
Ron Artest
Carl Landry
Mike Conley
Ray Felton
Sean May
Gerald Wallace
Rashad McCants
Chucky Atkins
Earl Watson
Channing Frye
Raef LaFrentz

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11613

SenorSpur
02-18-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm so with that. The Finley experiment has run its course. Salmons would be a perfect, more productive replacement.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:05 AM
The Spurs can pull it off...I dont see why not...but they gotta beat the Blazers, Mavs, etc. to the punch if they wanna go for it.

02-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Sources say the Dallas Mavericks have offered Jerry Stackhouse for Salmons, and the San Antonio Spurs are willing to part with Bruce Bowen and Ime Ukoda for him. Both Stackhouse and Bowen have partial guarantees for next season – $2 million each – that are cost prohibitive to Sacramento. League executives say the Kings are looking for a straight expiring deal for Salmons.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoigjEezAgwEzVF1GI2lMD68vLYF?slug=aw-tradebuzz021709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

damn it, sign horry to $3.6 million and send udoka's expiring contract. is that so hard? i'm tired of finley's streaky behavior that mostly leans towards the sucky part.

ss1986v2
02-18-2009, 02:10 AM
the blazers have the best package right now. not just for salmons, but any team looking to dump salary. with RLEC being mostly covered by insurance and a slew of assets (picks, tons of young, disposable talent), if they want someone, they are probably going to get them. at least over what we could offer.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:13 AM
If Bruce Bowen were to be a part of that deal and be waived by the Kings and sign with the Spurs 30 days later....I do it...if not...I'm not so sure. Udoka and Horry for Salmons I'm down. Hell even Finley and Udoka for Salmons if they can do it. Between Dallas' offer and the Spurs, the Kings would have to take the Spurs' offer. Brickhouse hasnt even done SHIT this yr.

ss1986v2
02-18-2009, 02:14 AM
If Bruce Bowen were to be a part of that deal and be waived by the Kings and sign with the Spurs 30 days later....I do it...if not...I'm not so sure. Udoka and Horry for Salmons I'm down. Hell even Finley and Udoka for Salmons if they can do it. Between Dallas' offer and the Spurs, the Kings would have to take the Spurs' offer. Brickhouse hasnt even done SHIT this yr.

they dont care about production, only the dollar figure.

Austin_Toros
02-18-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm so with that. The Finley experiment has run its course. Salmons would be a perfect, more productive replacement.

If the Finley experiment must go on, i would give it until the end of the season at most. This should be the last season we see Finley (or at least as a starter).

TDMVPDPOY
finley for thabo?

finley gets to play in his home city.....cmon why wouldnt the cows do it?

crc21209
Well at least Finley and Udoka can give them SOMETHING, unlike Stackhouse.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 02:16 AM
If the Finley experiment must go on, i would give it until the end of the season at most. This should be the last season we see Finley (or at least as a starter).

doesnt he still have like 1 more yr on his contract, but we still need his consent to be traded? fuck this...

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:18 AM
After tonights game I came to the conclusion that....we NEED A BIG desperately. It pissed me off to watch that midget Robinson drive the lane at will and Tim cant be at two places at one time, we need another 7 footer to at least stand there and guard the fucking paint. If it isnt Sheed...who else is left? Wilcox and Smith are gone, so that leaves Brad Miller. Another note is that Finley is fucking done. So then theres Salmons. The Spurs gotta swing a deal for at least one of those guys.

02-18-2009, 02:18 AM
finley's contract for next year is player option. another reason to win a championship this year. if the spurs win one, finley won't come back.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:19 AM
doesnt he still have like 1 more yr on his contract, but we still need his consent to be traded? fuck this...

Finley owes the Spurs organization, I think he'd have to agree. The Spurs won him a god damn ring! lol. He said thank you and wept to Tim and the Spurs for helping him get a ring, well you're welcome...now get the fuck out! :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2009, 02:32 AM
it appears that Portland's interest in Salmons has gone down from before, and they're now looking at Carter/Jefferson/Wallace instead..

I'd still be surprised to see a big name, but John Salmons would be a solid addition at this point..let's just hope for the best..

even if we get Salmons though, it's not a guarantee that he would get any of Finley's minutes..

02-18-2009, 02:33 AM
lafrentz's expiring contract is $13 million. it's way too large for salmons unless the blazers want miller also, which makes absolutely no sense.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Salmons would absolutely have to take ALL of Finleys minutes....Fin can be a Vaugn player/coach type of guy because I think he's done, NO WAY he should be starting on a championship caliber team. Hell tonight I was screaming at the tv for Pop to please put Bowen in for Finley...FOR OFFENSE! Not even for D!

ss1986v2
02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
lafrentz's expiring contract is $13 million. it's way too large for salmons unless the blazers want miller also, which makes absolutely no sense.

the kings would also include one of thomas or moore as filler, which is what they probably really want to get out of moving salmons. most teams lose interest at that point, but portland could still swing that kind of deal (especially if the additional cost is kept low).

urunobili
02-18-2009, 08:14 AM
I'd love to have Salmons...

urunobili
02-18-2009, 08:43 AM
How about Nocioni for Udoka, Vaughn and Oberto?

Chieflion
02-18-2009, 08:52 AM
How about Nocioni for Udoka, Vaughn and Oberto?

No fucking way. I would take Tyrus Thomas first.

urunobili
02-18-2009, 08:59 AM
No fucking way. I would take Tyrus Thomas first.

TT doesn't have a big contract the Bulls want to get rid of...

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 09:48 AM
if we are dealing anything with chicago, you might as well add in finley....cause his from chicago isnt he....

coyotes_geek
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
The asking price for Salmons probably just went up. The Kings just got Shareef Abdur-Rahim's contract taken off their books due to career ending injury. He's now off of their salary cap and his salary is being paid by an insurance company. So the incentive to make salary dump trades isn't as great as it was. I'm sure the Kings still want to move him, but they can afford to be more picky now that they just got $12 million dollar bailout from the NBA.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the Shareef thing changes little for Sacramento, they still wanna shed loads of salary.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Didnt see this tidbit posted:

The Kings likewise have talked with Chicago about a still-developing swap that would net Andres Nocioni and Drew Gooden's $7.2 million expiring contract for Miller and swingman John Salmons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=TradeTalk-090218

Trainwreck2100
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
After the turd Michael Finley laid tonight I've come to the conclusion that this fucker is done.....If we cant get Sheed...lets do this shit now...Horry, Finley, Vaughn, Udoka- any of that combination, for Brad Miller and John Salmons.

lmao at people that don't know what bird rights are

EricB
02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
:lol @ Finley has a bad game in february and now hes all of a sudden done.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:19 PM
lmao at people that don't know what bird rights are

Ok if you read some of the other posts, you wouldve seen that somebody brought up the fact that Fin has to agree to a trade, I know that. I said yeah Fin thanked Timmy and wept to the Spurs thanking them for the ring, well you're welcome Mike, but your time is done, get out! So he OWES the Spurs now.

ploto
02-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I continue to be perpelexed that anyone thinks the answer for defense in the paint is Brad Miller-- and his $12M next season.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
:lol @ Finley has a bad game in february and now hes all of a sudden done.

Other than the game against the Hornets where Fin went three crazy...look at the last 5 games...

Golden State- 2-6 5 pts
Boston- 1-4 7 pts
New Jersey- 1-5 3 pts
Toronto- 1-3 2 pts
New York 4-13 9 pts

So that is a total of 9 for his last 31 shots made. 27 pts over his last 5 games. Not gonna get it done for a starting SF on a championship-caliber team, he's gotta go.

EricB
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Other than the game against the Hornets where Fin went three crazy...look at the last 5 games...

Golden State- 2-6 5 pts
Boston- 1-4 7 pts
New Jersey- 1-5 3 pts
Toronto- 1-3 2 pts
New York 4-13 9 pts

So that is a total of 9 for his last 31 shots made. 27 pts over his last 5 games. Not gonna get it done for a starting SF on a championship-caliber team, he's gotta go.

Of course, 5 games = finished.

Throw in the towel. Toast. Never to help again.

No such thing as a shooting slump.

Nahhh.

BTW, go and look at Mason's shooting numbers from the past 5 games, might wanna draw up the retirement papers on him as well.

loveforthegame
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
It's funny how crappy a player can be yet he can help land us John Salmons or possibly someone else.

Chomag
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Golden State- 2-6 5 pts
Boston- 1-4 7 pts
New Jersey- 1-5 3 pts
Toronto- 1-3 2 pts
New York 4-13 9 pts

He can still be good, but as a bench player with limited minutes. I totally agree him as a 30+ minute starter will not get the Spurs far. At this stage of his career I doubt he would even be getting that much playing time if he was on a lottery bound team, let alone a contender.

With Pop's mancrush though it might be best to not even have him on our roster becuase of the temptation. :lol

EricB
02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
He can still be good, but as a bench player with limited minutes. I totally agree him as a 30+ minute starter will not get the Spurs far. At this stage of his career I doubt he would even be getting that much playing time if he was on a lottery bound team, let alone a contender.

With Pop's mancrush though it might be best to not even have him on our roster becuase of the temptation. :lol

Yeah because the 5th leading scorer on the team wouldn't get any minutes at all, nah...

loveforthegame
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
What do you expect from a player who is the 5th option in the starting lineup?

Now his defense is another matter. He started off well but it's been bad lately.

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
EricB take the damn glasses off man....you want me to go farther than 5 games? Because I can.

1/16- Phi- 1-9
1/17- Chi- 4-9
1/19- Cha- 1-9
1/20- Ind- 1-3
1/23- NJ- 4-7
1/25- LAL- 3-8
1/27- Uth- 0-4
1/29- Phx- 2-5

I gotta agree with Chomag, Fin can still be SOMEWHAT productive, but in a more limited role with limited minutes, not starting and playing 30+ mins every night.

mexicanjunior
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
EricB take the damn glasses off man....you want me to go farther than 5 games? Because I can.

1/16- Phi- 1-9
1/17- Chi- 4-9
1/19- Cha- 1-9
1/20- Ind- 1-3
1/23- NJ- 4-7
1/25- LAL- 3-8
1/27- Uth- 0-4
1/29- Phx- 2-5

I gotta agree with Chomag, Fin can still be SOMEWHAT productive, but in a more limited role with limited minutes, not starting and playing 30+ mins every night.

He could have a bad 2 years and "EricB" would give you the same answer...

crc21209
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Fin started off the year great, slimmed down, a step quicker somewhat, a little better on D, and was able to hit his 3's. Now his D has slid off, he's not even making his occasional 3's anymore, and the most annoying thing about Michael Finley, he never drives in anymore! He takes about two dribbles, then stops, and is forced to pass. He is not a threat to get to the basket anymore at all, the Fin of 06' who slammed on Dirk and Dampier is gone.

Chomag
02-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah because the 5th leading scorer on the team wouldn't get any minutes at all, nah...

We all know Finley is not a defencive player and don't expect that to change. His roll is to hit shots but when he isn't doing that he provides 0, nothing, nadda to the system. Might as well just play 4 on 5. When he is struggling with his shot that much he should not be out on the floor logging that many minutes.

EricB
02-18-2009, 02:12 PM

1/16- Phi- 1-9
1/17- Chi- 4-9
1/19- Cha- 1-9
1/20- Ind- 1-3
1/23- NJ- 4-7
1/25- LAL- 3-8
1/27- Uth- 0-4
1/29- Phx- 2-5

Take out the 4-9, 2-5, and 4-9 nights to support your "hes done" theory.

EricB
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Now your a psychic?

Wow....

Fabbs
02-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by mexicanjunior View Post

Now your a psychic?

Wow....
Finleys had two bad years. He could have two bad centuries and you would be awaiting he and Pops bedsheets to wash. Preseason i thought even you were dealing with a level of reality as you agreed in no way shape or form should Finley start or get big minutes. 12th or 13th man and 5th Forward off the bench was the consensus. I see you're jizzing over FinPop. Again.

Not psychic, just obvious.