PDA

View Full Version : Sprained Ankle ....

nsrammstein
02-18-2009, 02:12 AM
So this afternoon me and a couple of buddies decided to go play some 2 on 2, and while I was playing defense I rolled my ankle and fell to the ground I got up instantly and went and sat down after some 5 minutes everything was fine I could even walk and run around some...but as soon as I got home and took of my shoes it was pretty swollen and after a few minutes the pain became almost unbearable....right now I can't put any pressure on it and the pain is constant at a level 6-8 with 10 being the most severe..

is this a grade II or grade I sprain?

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 02:21 AM
is ur other ankle in good condition? ian mahinmi wants to buy it

tp2021
02-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Dude, same thing happened to me last week. Landed on a guy's feet after I shot a 3. I was still able to run after a while, but when I woke up the next morning I couldn't even let my foot touch the floor. After a few hours of sitting and hopping around my dorm room, it became slightly more bearable.

My doctor said it was grade 1, maybe mild grade 2. Then again, my swelling wasn't that bad. If you can move your toes, thats good. Can you rotate your ankle all the way around? My advice would be to ice it for 15-20 minute intervals, try to keep off of it for about 5-7 days. If you have to walk, see if you can get crutches, or some athletic wraps or whatever they are called. Tying my shoe really tight also helped me.

nsrammstein
02-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Dude, same thing happened to me last week. Landed on a guy's feet after I shot a 3. I was still able to run after a while, but when I woke up the next morning I couldn't even let my foot touch the floor. After a few hours of sitting and hopping around my dorm room, it became slightly more bearable.

My doctor said it was grade 1, maybe mild grade 2. Then again, my swelling wasn't that bad. If you can move your toes, thats good. Can you rotate your ankle all the way around? My advice would be to ice it for 15-20 minute intervals, try to keep off of it for about 5-7 days. If you have to walk, see if you can get crutches, or some athletic wraps or whatever they are called. Tying my shoe really tight also helped me.

I can move my toes but I can't rotate my ankle at all...and as soon as I rolled it I immediately tied my right shoe very tight

marini martini
02-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Alternate heat 10 minutes, then ice 10 minutes.

Got any pain meds??? Take them, if you do!:hat

Oh, and your gonna get in trouble for using "fuck" in the thread title!:nope

nsrammstein
02-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Alternate heat 10 minutes, then ice 10 minutes.

Got any pain meds??? Take them, if you do!:hat

Oh, and your gonna get in trouble for using "fuck" in the thread title!:nope

lol I am? I've taken advil the strongest ones and the pain just won't subdue

Donnie Nelson
02-18-2009, 03:31 AM
When Dirk sprains his ankle he's back playing in 12 hours, and you're whining about not being able to tie a shoe? You'll never play in the NBA with that kind of attitude.

tp2021
02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
My doctor got mad at me for applying heat. She said it draws blood to the area, which increases swelling.

ashbeeigh
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
RICE.

Rest

Ice (I always have a hard time remember that one...how dumb!)

Compression

Elevation

Feel better!

Jekka
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
If it's an option to go to the Dr and get it x-rayed that's not a bad idea if the pain is that severe. Apparently my first major sprain broke a bone in there somewhere, and I didn't get it treated, and now the bone spur and loose muscles in there make for really crappy periodic stress injuries.

In the meantime, icing is good, but don't keep the ice on for long continuous periods.