PDA

View Full Version : Sarver: Don't Trade Amare

Xylus
02-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Since my Fire Porter topic worked so well, I'm gonna try another.

Sarver, don't trade Amare. If you really want to, wait until the offseason and trade him then. You'll get better offers then. Amare will play better to close out the season, up his trade value, and more teams will come calling when our FO doesn't seem so desperate to get rid of him.

And who knows, maybe we'll click by season's end, and you won't want to trade him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Xylus, Amare's baby mama and his kids sat next to Sarver tonight. He is safe, I even hope so. I think the trade rumors gave him a wakeup call.

Xylus
02-18-2009, 03:33 AM
I used to be the biggest Amare fan. It's been really disappointing to see him devolve into a jump-shooter this season. Maybe Porter is partly to blame, but Amare is largely at fault for his lack of aggression.

Tonight had to have been the first game this season in which Amare didn't take a jumpshot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 03:39 AM
I used to be the biggest Amare fan. It's been really disappointing to see him devolve into a jump-shooter this season. Maybe Porter is partly to blame, but Amare is largely at fault for his lack of aggression.

Tonight had to have been the first game this season in which Amare didn't take a jumpshot.

Amare's offensive issues were all Porter/D'antoni's fault. That i don't blame him for. What I blame Amare for is his quotes, attitude, defense, and work ethic.

Xylus
02-18-2009, 03:42 AM
It really seemed like Amare's work ethic wasn't a problem, especially after he rebounded from microfracture surgery so well. And when Shaq arrived, Amare played like a beast from the All-Star Break to the end of the season.

This year has really exposed Amare for what he will probably always be: A superb offensive player with very little basketball IQ. He's not incapable of rebounding, he's just lazy and not that smart on the court.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2009, 03:51 AM
if the suns trade amare, they better get someone back in return thats equivalent in talent as a superstar, cause without amare in phoenix, half of the bandwagon fans will just bolt and look at another sport.....

Xylus
02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
if the suns trade amare, they better get someone back in return thats equivalent in talent as a superstar, cause without amare in phoenix, half of the bandwagon fans will just bolt and look at another sport.....

I think most of our bandwagon fans disappeared a couple months ago.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
I think most of our bandwagon fans disappeared a couple months ago.

Agreed. And they'll be hopping back on in a few weeks.

Xylus
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Agreed. And they'll be hopping back on in a few weeks.

:lol

True dat.

RonMexico
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
As I told my dad last night, they looked too good to trade Amare now. I will admit that when I saw Steve Kerr at the D-League All-Star Game and walking around the Jam Session, he looked extremely depressed and stressed out, which made me think Amare was gone. However, by that evening, I felt it probably meant he had to jettison Porter, which is both a reflection on him as a GM and on Porter's ability to connect with the team. At least I yelled at him on Saturday when he walked by that Noah and Thomas suck, so I will take credit if Amare is in a Suns' uni beyond tomorrow. I also wanted to get a Speights jersey and have him sign it.

In the end, I'm sad for Porter to see him go because he really is a nice guy and he didn't fail for lack of trying, but he'd completely lost the team and I know from McCallum's book that Gentry is one of the lightest and personable of all the Suns' assistants. Porter just never inspired confidence in me during sideline or postgame interviews, much as Mike D didn't when he would bristle at questions about his team's defensive shortfalls. The Clippers suck, so we can't take too much stock in last night's game, but it was sure fun to watch the team and the crowd smiling like they haven't all season. And I don't feel bad that Sarver has lost a lot of money in the economy because he's a douchebag.

Xylus
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Good to have you back, Ron. There's been a noticeable lack of ball-busting going on here while you've been absent.

RonMexico
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Good to have you back, Ron. There's been a noticeable lack of ball-busting going on here while you've been absent.

Like the Spurs, I've decided to take off the first half of the season and come back "SPAMMING" after the all-star break. Oh, and when ST got blocked at work, I lost all desire to come home and sit in front of the computer all evening and catch-up on the hilarity I missed during the day.

But I'm back now, and I'm going to try to kiss you all on the mouth.

Doug Collins
02-18-2009, 05:38 PM
But I'm back now, and I'm going to try to kiss you all on the mouth.

Since you didn't say "no homo" I'm gonna have to take that as disrespect. :ihit

Welcome back.

RonMexico
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
P.S. Somehow Randolph only got 2 games for punching Amundson, but 'Melo got 15 games for his bitch slap...

JMarkJohns
02-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Ditto...

Xylus
02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Amare doing his best to convince Sarver not to trade him.

42 points on 20 shots, 11 rebounds, +33

kcplayboi_26
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
looking real good, i like the way the bench is looking as well, yes i knw its against the clippers

lurker
02-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Barnes and Nash have both thrown the ball at Amare's head this season. I think they're both doing their part to knock some sense into him

kcplayboi_26
02-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Barnes and Nash have both thrown the ball at Amare's head this season. I think they're both doing their part to knock some sense into him

lol that was funny

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Amare was cooler when he had the glasses.

Xylus
02-19-2009, 01:00 AM
282 points in two straight nights, in regulation. 140 games both games. When's the last time a team did that?

Thank god for the Clippers.

kcplayboi_26
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
282 points in two straight nights, in regulation. 140 games both games. When's the last time a team did that?

Thank god for the Clippers.

1990 they said Portland i think

N4th4n
02-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Amare was cooler when he had the glasses.

I think we can all agree on that.

Jeremy
02-19-2009, 01:21 AM
But has anyone done it in a back-to-back? Against the same team?

Xylus
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Man, I wonder how badly the Thunder want to play us right now.

My guess is, not very much. There's something oddly satisfying about dropping 141 per game on the league's garbage.

RonMexico
02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Man, I wonder how badly the Thunder want to play us right now.

My guess is, not very much. There's something oddly satisfying about dropping 141 per game on the league's garbage.

I agree, it's like when you're on a road trip and finally get to the hotel and drop this massive shit and the relief washes over you. Suns just dropped a 3.5 month turd.

Darthkiller
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
good analogy