PDA

View Full Version : If Timmy gets traded in 2012, would u still a spurs fan?

Rapper
02-18-2009, 04:14 AM
Yes.I say yes

For now I would say I'm 100% Duncan's fan But if Timmy gets traded in 2012 or he determines to retire in 2012, I would say I will become 100% a spurs fan from that day on.

But something is really interesting that like if the spurs lost a game on anyday, I would have a mood and i don't wanna see the boxscore,recape and the related video about that game even though Timmy played well.

So sad to say that advance, I mean I wish Timmy could play for the spurs forever.

Tim Duncan = The San Antonio Spurs :flag:

Duncan2177
02-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Yes but he's never going to get traded.

koriwhat
02-18-2009, 04:18 AM
i'll be a fan till i die... been a fan since i can remember first playing ball and those days were some of the darkest playoff runs ever.

go spurs go!

ps: i agree that duncan = sa spurs like mj = nba.

Rapper
02-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Yes but he's never going to get traded.

How can you guarantee that?

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-18-2009, 04:21 AM
How can you guarantee that?

Put it this way - of the 450 players ( or so ) in the NBA right now Duncan has the least chance to ever leave his team.

Rapper
02-18-2009, 04:23 AM
i'll be a fan till i die... been a fan since i can remember first playing ball and those days were some of the darkest playoff runs ever.

go spurs go!

ps: i agree that duncan = sa spurs like mj = nba.

exactly

and Do you think that it's so strange to see timmy wesrs other team's jersey

baseline bum
02-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Tim'll only get traded if he wants to be, so yes, I'll remain a fan.

InK
02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Put it this way - of the 450 players ( or so ) in the NBA right now Duncan has the least chance to ever leave his team.

Well said.

koriwhat
02-18-2009, 04:52 AM
exactly

and Do you think that it's so strange to see timmy wesrs other team's jersey

huh? the only times i've ever seen timmyd in another jersey that wasn't the silver and black was in photoshop'd images. he'll retire with the spurs...

50Bestspurever
02-18-2009, 04:57 AM
I understand this is a message board and people love to see their takes in written form (myself included) but if you have been a long time (suffering up until the ping pong gods blessed us with timmy) spurs fan you have to know that timmy will never be traded unless he wants to. Timmy put S.A. on the map. Timmy built that god awful arena in one of the worst parts of town (fuck you if you live in the area, i grew up by guadalupe and zmora and no way in hell would I want the T built there.) Timmy has pump so much money into the San Antonio area it is insane to even try to fathom a Timmy trade. And for those so called spurs fans who argue that the Ice man got traded, fuck you too. Ice is a legend but Duncan is the greatest of all time. Hell the spurs wouldn't be here today if it was not for Timmy, this message board probably wouldn't be here either. So before (if this applies to you) you open your "The spurs have not won a championship in a year bitch ass mouth" stop and realize we were always on borrowed time. God bless you Timmy and fuck the spurs fan that would ever speak such blasphemies.

mudyez
02-18-2009, 05:04 AM
dont see timmy beeing traded...but I will be a spursfan even when dark times arive in SA (and I'm from germany, so it would be easy to switch teams every few years)

Ghazi
02-18-2009, 05:08 AM
dont see timmy beeing traded...but I will be a spursfan even when dark times arive in SA (and I'm from germany, so it would be easy to switch teams every few years)

Beloved Mavs say fuck you!!!

Rapper
02-18-2009, 05:16 AM

You come friom Germany but you are not Dirk fan

like me, I'm living in China but I'm not Yao's fan

Anyway "das ganzes Beste":toast

JP le Requin
02-18-2009, 05:35 AM
i am a spurs fan since 1993, since the firs days i play basketball and saw david robinson jams on ewing, malone, oneal, olajuwon, mutombo or smith, bradley and co...since duncan leads us to 4 championships, since my french fellow TP proove to the world French knows how to win on a batlefield lol, since gino show me spurs can be showtime (sometime lol) since i hope ian can be a really good 5 and since i went myself to AT&T center and met David Robinson and met san antonian people.

TRULY spurs Fan 4 ever!

and from france its harder, to watch games etc...

WalterBenitez
02-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Probably yes, but I'll follow TD in whatever team he finish (unless Mavs, Lakers, obviously)

timtonymanu
02-18-2009, 06:08 AM
yeah but ill also be supporting the team tim is on. im doing the same thing with s-jax. i like the warriors because of him and am also supporting them.

Rogue
02-18-2009, 06:15 AM

exactly, I'm not friom Germany but I'm a die-hard Dirk fan any way, of course I'm also a die-hard Mavs fan for this reason.

It's very smart of you to get away from those chinese rockets fans who are mostly idiots that have little knowledge about NBA in general. Rockets team is not much more valuable than a piece of shit, especially the big crap Yao who is the last piece of shit on rockets team. Tmac is even less worthful than a shit so he is out of our consideration.

Rogue
02-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Yes.I say yes

For now I would say I'm 100% Duncan's fan But if Timmy gets traded in 2012 or he determines to retire in 2012, I would say I will become 100% a spurs fan from that day on.

But something is really interesting that like if the spurs lost a game on anyday, I would have a mood and i don't wanna see the boxscore,recape and the related video about that game even though Timmy played well.

So sad to say that advance, I mean I wish Timmy could play for the spurs forever.

Tim Duncan = The San Antonio Spurs :flag:
Duncan is the only reason you love spurs? if so then you should move your love along with tim to whichever team he is traded to, and keep your love on him even after he retires. Maybe you can also replace Duncan's wife someday, who knows whether you are a girl or a gay. but Duncan is definitely not a gay, so it seems very hard for you to continue your love for if you were not really a girl.

I also hope tim would play bball for ever, but no one is able to live that long. but you may successfully do that because you're not a normal people like us, you've done many things that none of us has ever even considered. you are a special man and you will live in this world for ever I hope, till the world was destroyed by the explosion of the sun.

L.I.T
02-18-2009, 06:36 AM
I understand this is a message board and people love to see their takes in written form (myself included) but if you have been a long time (suffering up until the ping pong gods blessed us with timmy) spurs fan you have to know that timmy will never be traded unless he wants to. Timmy put S.A. on the map. Timmy built that god awful arena in one of the worst parts of town (fuck you if you live in the area, i grew up by guadalupe and zmora and no way in hell would I want the T built there.) Timmy has pump so much money into the San Antonio area it is insane to even try to fathom a Timmy trade. And for those so called spurs fans who argue that the Ice man got traded, fuck you too. Ice is a legend but Duncan is the greatest of all time. Hell the spurs wouldn't be here today if it was not for Timmy, this message board probably wouldn't be here either. So before (if this applies to you) you open your "The spurs have not won a championship in a year bitch ass mouth" stop and realize we were always on borrowed time. God bless you Timmy and fuck the spurs fan that would ever speak such blasphemies.

The Spurs were here before Timmy and they were definitely on the map before he arrived as well.

If I remember correctly, Spurstalk did a top Spurs of all time poll and the top three players were Duncan, Robinson and Gervin. Each, in his own way, arguably saved the Spurs for San Antonio. Without Gervin keeping the Spurs relevant on the court in the ABA to NBA transition, there would be no Spurs. Without Robinson making the Spurs relevant during the superstar years of the 90s, there would be no Spurs. And without Duncan we may not have four championships today and be in contention for a fifth. The Spurs as a franchise do not have the third or fourth highest winning percentage since the merger just on the strength of the last ten years.

For some reason, the years before TD have become known as the dark years...but they were highly successful years and many franchises even today would trade their current situation for what the Spurs had going then.

Oh, so to answer the original poster, I'll be a Spurs fan well after when TD, Manu and TP ride off into the sunset. But, it has been great to be a Spurs fan these last few years.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-18-2009, 06:41 AM
The Spurs were here before Timmy and they were definitely on the map before he arrived as well.

If I remember correctly, Spurstalk did a top Spurs of all time poll and the top three players were Duncan, Robinson and Gervin. Each, in his own way, arguably saved the Spurs for San Antonio. Without Gervin keeping the Spurs relevant on the court in the ABA to NBA transition, there would be no Spurs. Without Robinson making the Spurs relevant during the superstar years of the 90s, there would be no Spurs. And without Duncan we may not have four championships today and be in contention for a fifth. The Spurs as a franchise do not have the third or fourth highest winning percentage since the merger just on the strength of the last ten years.

For some reason, the years before TD have become known as the dark years...but they were highly successful years and many franchises even today would trade their current situation for what the Spurs had going then.

Oh, so to answer the original poster, I'll be a Spurs fan well after when TD, Manu and TP ride off into the sunset. But, it has been great to be a Spurs fan these last few years.

Very well said. People who have jumped on the bandwagon recently will never know and understand what it was like to support the likes of Jack Haley, Chris Whitney, JR Reid, etc, so might not be able to appreciate what we're like now.

samikeyp
02-18-2009, 07:20 AM

+1

I was a fan before TD and will be a fan afterward. For me, its about the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back.

L.I.T, I think you and others would agree that the dark days were those post-Gervin and pre-Robinson. When Mike Smrek is your starting center, and he is sharing the job with Petur Gudmunsson and Frank Brickowski....:bang

:lol

Rapper
02-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Rogue

Although I don't like you and don't want to give a Fxxk to your fxxking stupid comments

However, I got to admit that Dirk is one of the Top 3 PFs in NBA

mudyez
02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Beloved Mavs say fuck you!!!

its just, that I'm a spursfan since about 1993 and at time dirk maybe didnt know himself, that he has talent in basketball :)

...and detlef schrempf wasn't a person you cheer for, even if you are german!

now I'm just staying loyal...why in hell should I switch teams, just coz a german player is drafted or traded?

I like dirk...he is a great guy and he deserves every bit of honor...a lot of my frieds are mavs-fans just coz of him (but after all they are that kind of fans that loved the bulls in the 90s, the lakers around 2000 and are michael schumacher/bavaria munich fans and so on...translation: just think of a typical yankee fan!)...I'm not like that...i love my spurs (and my steelers...also since about 93) and after that I like some teams more and some teams less depending on the players and style they are playing...right now I really like what the thunder are doing and IMO you have to like clevland and orlando coz of their superstars (yeah, kobe...you are the detlef schrempf of superstars for me...noone to cheer for!)

at 1999 I really liked the knicks and in 2005 detroit had a nice team(right way to play basketball...just as the spurs)...but there is no question who I finaly cheer for every single night....and that wont change even if we are a 20:62 team!!!

btw.: as I said, I like dirk...but I could punch him in the face for the game 7 plus one against my fav manu!!! :bang

p.s.: I didnt know by that time ('93) but are there better teams than spurs+steelers to be a fan of in the last 15 years....not only do you have to lae the success but also how the clubs are run!

Texas_Ranger
02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Tim will retire in 12...For sure...But'll still be a Spurs fan!

ManuTP9
02-18-2009, 07:32 AM
ill still be a spurs fan

Rogue
02-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Rogue

Although I don't like you and don't want to give a Fxxk to your fxxking stupid comments

However, I got to admit that Dirk is one of the Top 3 PFs in NBA
I have to disagree with you on your comment that "Dirk is one of the Top 3PFs", because you're also a PF that deserves the 1st place among all the PFs of the world. You're no longer satisfied to be a MF only, and you've already started F your Pa since your Mom was Fed up by your dick. It's so nice of you to do that, huh? Dirk is a great Power forward, but he should never be listed along with some PFs like you. Tim Duncan is the only Power Forward that deserves to be placed on the same stage with Dirk.

Maybe David west is a capable PF to compete with you, and he is probably also the only PF that is at your level. he isn't as "PF" as you are though.

Winters
02-18-2009, 07:52 AM
If Timmy retires in 2012,
I will retire ,too

samikeyp
02-18-2009, 07:53 AM
...and detlef schrempf wasn't a person you cheer for, even if you are german!

2 Germans whom at different times played for the Spurs, Uwe Blab and Christian Welp. :toast

Evil Angel
02-18-2009, 07:57 AM
No way TD ever gets traded. He'll retire as a Spur and have his number raised in the barn with the others.
Some folks... :bang

L.I.T
02-18-2009, 08:00 AM
+1

I was a fan before TD and will be a fan afterward. For me, its about the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back.

L.I.T, I think you and others would agree that the dark days were those post-Gervin and pre-Robinson. When Mike Smrek is your starting center, and he is sharing the job with Petur Gudmunsson and Frank Brickowski....:bang

Alfredrick Hughes...the first go around with Vernon Maxwell and the immortal Cadillac Anderson. Good times. :lol

Winters
02-18-2009, 08:02 AM
i'll be a fan till i die.
+ n

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
The Spurs are in my blood, they are a part of me, and we will never part ways.

I'll miss Tim though, miss him terribly. That's why I concentrate on the now.

flipcritic
02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
It's not fair to blast fans here who support the Spurs purely because of love for a certain player, Tim Duncan or otherwise. I've been to the US many times, though I've never been to San Antonio, you can't call my love for the Spurs fake.

I've been a fan of Tim Duncan ever since he came into the league. From the moment he stepped on the hardcourt it was obvious that he was a one in a generation type of player. Because of him, the entire organization was transformed into the most professional, no-nonsense organizations in all of sports. I've screamed my lungs out during SA's greatest wins and most bitter losses. Because of loving Tim Duncan, I have learned to love the Spurs. If he leaves, can you blame many of us for leaving with him?

Before Duncan, Olajuwon was my first loved basketball player (I play center often). But I loved Hakeem not just because he was the finest center of his time, he was also dignified. It was easy to admire him. When Olajuwon left Houston, I didn't become a Toronto fan, because I could see him decline. It was painful to watch him fade into the shadows. But I remained a loyal fan to him, but not necessarily to his team.

It's not a fault if some fans connect closer to a player's values and essence. It's more personal. I admire diehard team fans with a strong sense of their club's history. But for those of us who can't connect to that tradition, we'll settle for second-best, a person's character. And that's what Duncan has more than any other basketball player today. If he leaves, my devotion goes with him.

peter_slb
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
If I don't stop watching NBA, I'll probably continue a fan of Spurs. But, at the moment, I can't even imagine the Spurs without Duncan. For international fans (I'm from Portugal) is easier to get attached to a player that you really admire than to a team.

samikeyp
02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Alfredrick Hughes...the first go around with Vernon Maxwell and the immortal Cadillac Anderson. Good times. :lol

I remember well the group of guys in the upper deck of the Hemisfair Arena proudly proclaiming themselves "The Ed Nealy Fan Club" :lol

Jayem2
02-18-2009, 09:54 AM
continue to be a spurs fan? yes.
continue to be a duncan fan? HELL FUCKING NO.

carina_gino20
02-18-2009, 10:24 AM
It's not a fault if some fans connect closer to a player's values and essence. It's more personal. I admire diehard team fans with a strong sense of their club's history. But for those of us who can't connect to that tradition, we'll settle for second-best, a person's character. And that's what Duncan has more than any other basketball player today. If he leaves, my devotion goes with him.

Well said.:toast

m33p0
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
i would consider it tasteless of the spurs if they trade duncan.

NFGIII
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes I would continue to be a Spurs fan. This is my team and town. I was here when they traded Ice to Chicago and still remained loyal. It's a business and at times you have to make the tough choices. In the case of Ice I hated to see him go but within a year he was pretty much a shell of his former self.

I don't think TD will be traded anytome soon if ever but there's always that possibility regardless of how slim you think it is.

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I have to disagree with you on your comment that "Dirk is one of the Top 3PFs", because you're also a PF that deserves the 1st place among all the PFs of the world. You're no longer satisfied to be a MF only, and you've already started F your Pa since your Mom was Fed up by your dick. It's so nice of you to do that, huh? Dirk is a great Power forward, but he should never be listed along with some PFs like you. Tim Duncan is the only Power Forward that deserves to be placed on the same stage with Dirk.

Maybe David west is a capable PF to compete with you, and he is probably also the only PF that is at your level. he isn't as "PF" as you are though.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Libri
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
+1

I became a fan during the dark ages of Spurs history, those 2 or 3 years before DRob came. Those years were tough. :depressed

There was also Cadillac Anderson. :lol

Yao明
02-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes i will continue to be a spurs fan

NRHector
02-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, I will still be a spurs fan, I have been a spurs fan since the 80's, When Artis Gilmore was here, Terry Cummings was here, Vinny, Rodman, Moore, I remember back in the 80's when they were playing in the old hemisfair arena we used to sneak in after half time because they would always leave the doors open and you could go in for free nobody was guarding the doors after halftime it was so cool.:flag:

burntorange
02-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Will all the gauchos remain Spurs fans when Manu leaves?

Brazil
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Will all the gauchos remain Spurs fans when Manu leaves?

good question actually.

If TP be traded I will stay a spurs fan and I'll continue to root for TP and his new team.

xellos88330
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I will always be a Spurs fan.

phxspurfan
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't really want to imagine this...and probably yes.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll always be a Spurs fan but I'd be greatly disappointed with the Spurs franchise if they traded a guy like Tim especially toward the end of his career. But I highly doubt Tim would want to play when his numbers are diminished and put the Spurs in a position that they need to trade him. Tim Duncan will retire a Spur.

dbreiden83080
02-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Tim won't ever be traded i can't see it.. He's got enough left that he should make the Spurs contenders until his contract runs out or very close to it.. If i were the Spurs i would rather eat his money for a year or 2 even if he is way past his prime then face the prospect of watching TD put on another uniform. The thought of it, makes me sick..

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Tim is the San Antonio Spurs I can't imagine a time when we don't have him and aren't a contender, it'll probably bring me closer to suicide than I've ever wandered.

vincent
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I think I am just a Timmy's fan. Probably also a fan of Greg.
Eva ? Maybe. But that's it.

JWest596
02-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Put the pipe down.

There was talks of letting DROB get traded by the FO in 01?/02?. I suspect it was to get a lower contract from DROB's agent. Peter Holt stepped in and basically told the FO that David Robinson was not going to be traded. Period. And the rumors and reports stopped.

It's not going to happen to Tim Duncan. Period , a Spur who took less on his last contract than he might have gotten and deserved.

So stop it. These posts are beyond stupid. Tim Duncan will always be a Spur and to think a trade is even remotely possible is just fantasy.

Chief
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
If Timmy were traded, I'd lose all faith in humanity.

Rapper
02-18-2009, 02:12 PM
If Timmy were traded, I'd lose all faith in humanity.

so glad to hear someone says that

but i strongly think that you will lose all faith in humanity in 2012

'cause Timmy will retire in 2012, but don't be worry about that

it is because you aren't the only one who loses all faith in humanity

wisnub
02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Honestly Duncan is the very first reason why I love Spurs. His philosophies have been my foundation and how big fundamental use same moves in hundreds of different occasions, how persistence and focus and cautious planning leads to Legendary status, and how keeping composure and stick to the plan and stay with your team pays off; all those qualities help me shape my life. I got tremendous respect of how careful Spurs budget the salary cap, strategy for picking draft, maintain synergy in organization and how military style of Pop works. But I live in Los Angeles, so if Spurs trade Duncan then I will be back to be Lakers fan for sure !!! Duncan = Spurs. Only after they got Duncan they feel the first taste of how champions life like. You maybe surprise that I live in LA (all my friends are DIEHARD LAKERS FANS but fortunately we're still friends) and never been to San Antonio ever in my life, yet Spurs philosophy really help me in business and in life as well. This is the only media I can relate with other Spurs fans

silverblackfan
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I have been a Spurs fan since living in Austin with an IceMan poster on my wall. So I will always be a Spurs fan, not matter the players. Of course, if they traded Timmy away I would have to pick a second team to watch during the season. Tim is too good not to watch play.

meestahmeestah
02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I would still be a Spurs fan. Hell, I cried like an 8 year old kid when they traded Ice to the Bulls...it was like you told me there was no Santa Claus while you were stomping the Easter Bunny's head in.

But that's because I was like, 8 years old.

Oh, and to anyone who was dogging out Frank Brickowski...back off, man. He was cool. :hat

Spursfan092120
02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes..I would be a Spurs fan, but in reality, Tim won't be traded..no chance in hell...there's certain people out there who aren't tradeable. Kobe is, Jordan was, Tim is. Not a chance. And I don't see him retiring after 2012 either. Unless an injury occurs (knock on wood that it won't happen)

BWS-1994
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
It's not fair to blast fans here who support the Spurs purely because of love for a certain player, Tim Duncan or otherwise. I've been to the US many times, though I've never been to San Antonio, you can't call my love for the Spurs fake.

+1 :toast

Became a Spurs fan because of David Robinson during the '94-'95 season :flag: had to endure the second round defeat against "The Dream" lead Rockets :( but continued to follow them from thereon.

Doubt that Tim will be traded though.

50Bestspurever
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=L.I.T;3120225]The Spurs were here before Timmy and they were definitely on the map before he arrived as well.

Oh, so to answer the original poster, I'll be a Spurs fan well after when TD, Manu and TP ride off into the sunset. But, it has been great to be a Spurs fan these last few years.[/QUO
The spurs were on the map alright before Timmy got here. They were those loveable losers. The regular season champs. Classy franchise but just can't get over the hump. Timmy smashed all those doubts. And before Timmy got here, it was the dark ages. Year after god awful year of heartache. Long time spurs fans remember taking shit from Laker fan, Jazz fan and every national media writer.
I will always be a spurs fan, but I am thankful as a sportsfan Timmy has given me the chance to live the good life. I relish it because I know it is going to be heartache in the years ahead. (not unless the ping pong god smiles on the mighty spurs again)

TheProdigy
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
There are times when you should hold back your "IF" statements... they may be really retarded.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
as others have said, Duncan will never be traded..he will also never put our franchise in a financial hole, because he's the ultimate team player..I don't see him retiring for a while though, he seems to love the competition, and I think he'll play for as long as his body allows him..Duncan's style should allow him to be effective for a long time..

let's just appreciate what we've had..4 titles, the best franchise in sports in this generation..in ALL North American sports, not just the NBA..we're always there when it matters..Duncan is the center of this, and I appreciate what he's led us to..