PDA

View Full Version : Should the Nuggets use their TE?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 06:59 AM
The Nuggets owner has said he would be happy to pay luxury tax for a piece that would help turn Denver into a legit contender. They have about $10mil+ in Trade Exceptions i think.

Who is a realistic target for the Nuggets that would help them get closer to the Lakers in the West. Obviously it has to be someone that the other team would only be unloading coz of financial issues.

Any ideas?

My dream scenario would be getting Butler from the Wizards, since they sound like they are in trouble. Of course i doubt they part with him, i am sure Jamison would go first.

Billups/Butler/Melo/K/Nene ......... :king Although i don't think the Nuggets need another scorer, probably better off getting a decent backup big man.

I am just rambling and i bet they end up doing nothing :lol but they won't have shot in the playoffs without another piece

Rogue
02-18-2009, 07:03 AM
nuggetts traded camby for a 2nd rounder last summer. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 07:09 AM
yep and it was a good deal still :smokin They got rid of an injury prone guy that had inflated stats and they have improved on the defensive end :clap

They got back a big TE and wouldn't have been able to pull off the Billups deal if Camby was on the books, unless they went way over the luxury tax.

The Nuggets are better now without him. He is overrated, just look at the Clippers

Ghazi
02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Nuggets best chance is to trade Carmelo, for no team with Carmelo Anthony as its best player will ever win a championship.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 07:18 AM
yeh, just ask Syracuse :smokin

At least sound a little bit knowledgeable before you say something, you always end up sounding like a complete douche.

MI21
02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
The Nuggets owner has said he would be happy to pay luxury tax for a piece that would help turn Denver into a legit contender. They have about $10mil+ in Trade Exceptions i think.

Who is a realistic target for the Nuggets that would help them get closer to the Lakers in the West. Obviously it has to be someone that the other team would only be unloading coz of financial issues.

Any ideas?

My dream scenario would be getting Butler from the Wizards, since they sound like they are in trouble. Of course i doubt they part with him, i am sure Jamison would go first.

Billups/Butler/Melo/K/Nene ......... :king Although i don't think the Nuggets need another scorer, probably better off getting a decent backup big man.

I am just rambling and i bet they end up doing nothing :lol but they won't have shot in the playoffs without another piece

I'd like to see the Nuggets with a big man that can spread the floor a little bit. Something along the lines of Okur, but smaller. They don't need a big guy that clogs the lane because they are unique in they have a PG and SF that can play very well in the post as well as Nene.

I can't think of anyone right now that fits the shooting 4/5 mold though. It would create a better offensive balance and it would allow K-Mart to come off of the bench and play minutes at both big positions and be able to play freely without worrying about foul trouble and keeping his head in the game for 35+MPG. I think he would excel in that role, I'm not sure he would accept it though.

How does that sound my fellow Aussie friend?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Sounds great. :smokin I also can't think of anyone who is a 'realistic' option for the Nuggets in that area. Maybe Matt Bonner? :lol

MI21
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Sounds great. :smokin I also can't think of anyone who is a 'realistic' option for the Nuggets in that area. Maybe Matt Bonner? :lol

As ridiculous as it sounds, I thought of his name when I was typing that :smokin

But yeah, I can't think of anyone right now. Adding a player like that without losing any key pieces would make the Nuggets 100% legit...

Much like for the Spurs, Rasheed would be the most absolute perfect fit...

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Wait, Brad Miller would be pretty good for spacing the floor :smokin But he is pretty pricey

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 09:05 AM
I love the new ESPN Trade Machine coz you can now use trade exceptions :clap

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 09:06 AM
As ridiculous as it sounds, I thought of his name when I was typing that :smokin

But yeah, I can't think of anyone right now. Adding a player like that without losing any key pieces would make the Nuggets 100% legit...

Much like for the Spurs, Rasheed would be the most absolute perfect fit...

I was actually hoping that the Nuggets would go after Sheed coz he would be a great piece in Denver AND re-uniting him with Billups would be a plus :toast

Pelicans78
02-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Nuggets best chance is to trade Carmelo, for no team with Carmelo Anthony as its best player will ever win a championship.

You ass-clown. You have no room to talk.

Chieflion
02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Mavs best chance is to trade Dirk, for no team with Dirk Nowitzki as its best player will ever win a championship.

Fixed.

MI21
02-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't know what the situation in Indiana is like, but someone like Troy Murphy would do the trick. Rebounds well, decent enough defender and can certainly stretch the floor. I've seen him play Duncan well.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
yeh Murphy wouldn't be bad but he has 3 yrs at 10mil/yr left, ouch

tlongII
02-18-2009, 09:37 AM
The Nuggs should certainly try to get someone with that TE. I hope they don't get Butler though. The Blazers would like to get Butler or G. Wallace. We're talking about Vinsanity right now as well, but I'd rather have Butler or Wallace. The NW division is going to come down to Nuggets or the Blazers and a deal at the trade deadline could swing the pendulum one way or the other.

JamStone
02-18-2009, 11:04 AM
They should just stick with their running game and wear teams down on the corners.

Who's their tight end anyway?