PDA

View Full Version : Celtics after Raja Bell

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
The Boston Celtics have called the Bobcats about the availability of Raja Bell, Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo! Sports is reporting.

Boston currently has nothing that Charlotte wants in return for the veteran guard, according to the report.

Meanwhile, after several months of trying the Celtics have not been able to trade 2008 first-round pick J.R. Giddens for a draft choice.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57333/20090218/celtics_trying_to_land_raja_bell/

Apparently the Bobcats are waiting on a possible 2 for 1 deal and need to keep a roster spot open.

Please be Kleiza + Hunter for Bell :hat Heck id even offer the Bobcats their 1st rd pick back

Thunder Dan
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
the Celtics don't have a single trade asset- not worried

JamStone
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Michael Jordan: "We'll trade you Raja Bell and DeSagana Diop for Kevin Garnett."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 11:09 AM
the Celtics don't have a single trade asset- not worried

If JJ Hickson is a future all star then so is Bill Walker. Bill Walker for Raja Bell.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
If JJ Hickson is a future all star then so is Bill Walker. Bill Walker for Raja Bell.

what is your scouting report on Bill Walker? You seem to already have a solid conclusion on J.J. Hickson despite what every other NBA scout has to say, I'd be interested to know your feelings on the all around potential of Bill Walker

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 11:40 AM
what is your scouting report on Bill Walker? You seem to already have a solid conclusion on J.J. Hickson despite what every other NBA scout has to say, I'd be interested to know your feelings on the all around potential of Bill Walker

Other NBA scouts didn't seem to like him too much since 18 of them passed on him before Cleveland took him.

And if you took my post calling Bill Walker a trade asset serious then that's your problem.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Other NBA scouts didn't seem to like him too much since 18 of them passed on him before Cleveland took him.

And if you took my post calling Bill Walker a trade asset serious then that's your problem.

They said he needed another year in college, if he was coming out this year he would be a lottery pick- there have been many scouts to say that

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/draft/1333433

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 11:52 AM
They said he needed another year in college, if he was coming out this year he would be a lottery pick- there have been many scouts to say that

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/draft/1333433

That doesn't matter. He chose to come out early, which shows he could care less about basketball and just wants money.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
That doesn't matter. He chose to come out early, which shows he could care less about basketball and just wants money.

alright man I know your just trying to be stupid now

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
alright man I know your just trying to be stupid now

That's seriously my view. If someone leaves college as a freshman knowing they would be in the 18-22 range while knowing that another year would possibly make them a top 10 pick and a way better basketball player, that person obviously doesn't have his priorities right.

JamStone
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM

You know that means very little because college players can regress just the same as improve.

Look at a guy like Daniel Gibson who after his freshman year was a considered a top 10 lottery pick. He stayed an extra year to improve his stock, he ended up being a second round draft pick.

Look at a player like Juan Palacios out of Louisville, who was considered a mid first round pick after his freshman year and was expected to become a a top 5 pick when he eventually came out. He stayed all four years in college and ended up not getting drafted.

There are plenty of more examples. Joseph Jones from Texas A&M was the same. Marcus Slaughter, Wayne Simien. Two years ago, Roy Hibbert was supposed to end up being a top 3 pick after spending another year at Georgetown. I believe he ended up being around a #20 pick.

Scouts are fickle. A player scouts think could be a lottery pick can completely fall off the map even without injury. Scouts saying JJ Hickson could have become a lottery pick if he stayed another year in college really means very little.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Also Chase Budinger who had a great freshman season that could have earned a top 10 pick, but he's regressed his sophomore and junior season to a 17-20 pick.