PDA

View Full Version : Something was missing tonight...

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Malik Rose...

It would have been very nice to see Malik Rose at the retirement ceremony this evening. He Is one of Sean's good friends...

cqsallie
03-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm sure everybody felt that way. I did... I think that Malik will be back. Remember, Sean spent a year in Detroit...

Johnny_Blaze_47
Agreed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Oh geez, don't start. Can't we let Sean enjoy his night without this?

cqsallie
03-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think this theme takes anything away from Sean's big night. How do you know that he wouldn't have expressed the same feelings if such wasn't verboten? :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't think this theme takes anything away from Sean's big night. How do you know that he wouldn't have expressed the same feelings if such wasn't verboten? :rolleyes
How do you know he WOULD have?? The point is, lets not make this about Malik again, he's gone, wether we like it or not.

IceColdBrewski
03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:07 PM
How do you know he WOULD have?? The point is, lets not make this about Malik again, he's gone, wether we like it or not.

I don't think this is a "We shouldn't have traded Malik" thread. This is a "It would have been special for Malik to be here for Sean" thread.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Serious, the guy's gone, he's not coming back for at least another three years, get over it.

As a big Sean Elliott fan, it just pisses me off that people have to bring this up related to his jersey retirement. WGAF? It's over.

Spurgal

FYI:

It did come out of Sean's own lips this evening on how Malik Rose has been a great friend to him along with Tim Duncan...
So, If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't post on this subject!

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't think this is a "We shouldn't have traded Malik" thread. This is a "It would have been special for Malik to be here for Sean" thread.

Thank you, Johnny_Blaze_47

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
As a big Sean Elliott fan, it just pisses me off that people have to bring this up related to his jersey retirement. WGAF? It's over.

I am too, but Sean himself brought it up.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:10 PM
FYI:

It did come out of Sean's own lips this evening on how Malik Rose has been a great friend to him along with Tim Duncan...
So, If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't post on this subject!
How is "Something was missing tonight.... MALIK!!!!!!" positive?? It would be positive for you to get over the guy, 'cause its POSITIVELY getting on everyone's nerves.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:14 PM
How is "Something was missing tonight.... MALIK!!!!!!" positive?? It would be positive for you to get over the guy, 'cause its POSITIVELY getting on everyone's nerves.

You'd be hanging from the shower rod if Manu had been dealt for somebody a few weeks back, so let those Malik fans who didn't want him to go have their thoughts.

From a Spurs fan, it was tough to see Malik go and I was freaked when my friend told me since I was in class during the deadline.

From a Spurs fan looking at it from a basketball standpoint, the Spurs made a good move by off-loading a heavy contract and gaining some size.

But don't bitch because regardless of what you think, Sean said it.

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 11:15 PM

Hey, Bonehead!

Once again... Sean Elliott was the one that brought It up!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Sean brought it up, but he did it with more class than this whole "something was missing" thing.

Oh yeah, and he also told the fans (like yourself) who started to boo to shut up (albeit more politely).

If I don't have anything positive to say, don't say it? WTF is this, third grade?

maxpower
03-06-2005, 11:20 PM
If anyone shouldn't start...if you don't feel the same way feel free to not reply.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Don't make stupid assumptions Blaze, I'm not so much a Manu fan as to bitch that much about his trade. Yes I like how he plays, and I really don't see why you would want to trade him. However, Malik fans have bitched and moaned his departure like he was dead or something, when the fact of the matter is he got traded because he wasn't getting it done THIS season, and although he gave his all at every game, it just wasn't enough. Besides, haven't we had enough "We'll miss Malik" threads to last a lifetime, or should we post about him every time someone mentions how good a friend he was to them?

Johnny_Blaze_47
Sean brought it up, but he did it with more class than this whole "something was missing" thing.

Oh yeah, and he also told the fans (like yourself) who started to boo to shut up (albeit more politely).

If I don't have anything positive to say, don't say it? WTF is this, third grade?

I thought the fans were saying "Lute".

maxpower
If I don't have anything positive to say, don't say it? WTF is this, third grade? well said.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I really don't see why you would want to trade him.

If Cleveland would have called with a package involving Manu and LeBron, all I can hope is that Manu enjoys the Rock and Roll HOF.

IceColdBrewski
03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Once again... Sean Elliott was the one that brought It up!

Oh. I get it. Sean mentioned his name so that gives us the greenlight to start it all up again. :rolleyes

I swear. I liked Malik as a Spur. I miss him a lot more than I thought I would. But it's almost getting to the point where I'm sick of hearing his name.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow, thanks for the insight maxpower.

It's just funny to me that StalkerGirl31 up there is lecturing me on being "positive" in a thread that in its very first post was negative.

Someone needs to buy that stalker a mirror.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:24 PM
If Cleveland would have called with a package involving Manu and LeBron, all I can hope is that Manu enjoys the Rock and Roll HOF.
Dude, anyone would be a moron not to accept that trade! But its not happenning is it! so why even speculate about it.

IceColdBrewski
03-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I thought the fans were saying "Lute".

They were. There were a lot of UA Wildcat fans in attendance.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Actually, just let me say that anybody that booed tonight for any reason should be smacked.

This was Sean's night, no doubt about it.

I'm not arguing the trade, I just wish the Knicks wouldn't have had a game so that Malik could have been here tonight.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Dude, anyone would be a moron not to accept that trade! But its not happenning is it! so why even speculate about it.

Does me mentioning it count as speculation? After the trade deadline?

I'm off to start a thread of Parker for Marbury.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey, Bonehead!

Once again... Sean Elliott was the one that brought It up!whoa, chill babe! What's with the insults? I criticise, and you insult me? Come on now, that just don't seem fair. :eyebrows

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow, thanks for the insight maxpower.

It's just funny to me that StalkerGirl31 up there is lecturing me on being "positive" in a thread that in its very first post was negative.

Someone needs to buy that stalker a mirror.

Well, If this Is such an elementary subject then why the Fuck post your shit on It AHF?

Fuck off! :flipoff

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Fuck off!

Bend over.

pjjrfan
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Well, I thought it was pretty classy that Sean mentioned him, and paid homage to their friendship, and it was kinda sad in my mind anyway that he wasn't able to make it, not that he got traded, since that is basically a dead issue right now, but he was certainly missed by the man who was being honered.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Does me mentioning it count as speculation? After the trade deadline?

I'm off to start a thread of Parker for Marbury.
I'm saying I don't see a reason for trading him seeing as though there weren't any reasonable offers on the table. Now that whole Manu for LeBron scenario just doesn't make sense and would never happen. The day it does, I'm all for it

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Actually, just let me say that anybody that booed tonight for any reason should be smacked.

This was Sean's night, no doubt about it.

I'm not arguing the trade, I just wish the Knicks wouldn't have had a game so that Malik could have been here tonight.

Well said, Johnny_Blaze_47
At least someone here understands my point about saying that Malik should have been here. It doesn't matter what AHF or others Malik haters say. Malik was a great part of the Spurs and will always be a great part of San Antonio. So, even If Malik wasn't here In person to congratulate Sean, I'm sure his thoughts and prayers were with him all the way from New York City! Oh, by the way...The Knicks won! :spin

Spurgal
03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, I thought it was pretty classy that Sean mentioned him, and paid homage to their friendship, and it was kinda sad in my mind anyway that he wasn't able to make it, not that he got traded, since that is basically a dead issue right now, but he was certainly missed by the man who was being honered.

Thanks, pjjrfan! This Is what the thread was all about from the begining, but unfortunately bitter people out there tend to ruin It for the rest of us...

But, yes... It was sweet to hear how Sean remembered his buddy Malik and Tim when he needed them the most.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Well said, Johnny_Blaze_47
At least someone here understands my point about saying that Malik should have been here. It doesn't matter what AHF or others Malik haters say. Malik was a great part of the Spurs and will always be a great part of San Antonio. So, even If Malik wasn't here In person to congratulate Sean, I'm sure his thoughts and prayers were with him all the way from New York City! Oh, by the way...The Knicks won! :spinOh come on, we're not Malik haters. We just understand that he is only a player, and that he has ONLY been traded, and not killed as you seem to think lol. But I understand you having trouble letting go, its ok... really... you'll find someone else to stalk. All stalker-victim relationships are bound to end sometime, this was just your time. Maybe seeking some counseling would help you with the healing process. Either way, best of luck to ya, hope you get well. :eyebrows

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-07-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't hate Malik.

I hate the way he played about 90% of the time the last two years, there's a difference.

Malik was an awesome guy off the court, was a big part of our title runs, but that's all in the past now.

And of course it's a lot of fun watching Stalkergal31 get her granny panties in a bunch anytime any reference to Rose is made.

T Park
03-07-2005, 12:28 AM
I think its legit to say that, it would've been cool had Malik been at the ceremony.

Aggie, I think thats all there saying, chill out man.

Spurgal
03-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I think its legit to say that, it would've been cool had Malik been at the ceremony.

Aggie, I think thats all there saying, chill out man.

Thanks T PArk.
That's all this thread was about from the begining...

maxpower
03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
You have to see past your hate for malik...there seems to be nothing negative in the first post. The only thing is what I imagine many feel. It would have been nice to see one of Sean's dearest friends present. I don't see how this means anything other than that.

ducks
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
me!

Spurgal
03-08-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm just happy to know that Sean was sweet and kind enough to remember his Buddy Malik during his retirement ceremony...

Sometimes, It's hard for me to understand why some Fans have so much hate for Malik. :depressed

Despite of the negative Impact from many Malik haters out there, we have to remember that Malik contributed to winning 2 championships with the San Antonio Spurs and has made a great Impact with our community. That's why, many of his TRUE fans Including myself, will always have that In our hearts and thank him for being such a great guy on and off the court...

http://www.malikrose.net/images/rightimage5.jpg