PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed ESPN always shows highlights of players against the Spurs

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I've never started a thread but this shit pisses me off. Whenever ESPN is talking about players. (Amare, Shaq, Kobe etc.) They always show highlights of them shitting on the Spurs more than any other teams. Does everyone else notice this?? Why do they do that shit?

coyotes_geek
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, I've noticed it too. In fact I keep an entire database tracking how often the Spurs are shown in positive and negative situations because nothing is more important in life than attempting to quantify my perceived show of disrespect for the Spurs from ESPN.

lefty
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
What's funny is that ESPN reports T-Mac season ending injury as " breaking news !!! "

:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

Rapper
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
This is a sign of respect

Have you ever seen ESPN and TNT show highlights of players against the Bobcats ?

Blake
02-18-2009, 12:50 PM
it's because Stern and ESPN hate the Spurs because of their small market status.

Where have you been?

FromWayDowntown
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
n/m

SenorSpur
02-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Sure have noticed this.

The San Antonio Spurs. The team America. ESPN (and NBA League Office)loves to hate

BlackSwordsMan
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I noticed that too when spurs beat the celtics the ''best team'' in the nba they hardly showed anything when spurs lost last night ESPN puts it under one of the top 5 upsets of this year

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 12:58 PM
This is a sign of respect

Have you ever seen ESPN and TNT show highlights of players against the Bobcats ?

That's a valid point but I think on some level it's ESPN being a bunch of Vagitrons.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
it's because Stern and ESPN hate the Spurs because of their small market status.

Where have you been?

I understand that I was just seeing if anyone else had anything constructive to offer.

2Cleva
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
It's often the case against Laker players - even moreso than Spurs.

But the reason being is the marquee coverage the teams get and as a result their is more national and higher quality highlights against teams that are good than teams that are bad.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
What's funny is that ESPN reports T-Mac season ending injury as " breaking news !!! "

:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin

McGrady is always hurt he's fuckin useless, a dude on ESPN (I forget who) said he'd rather have Manu than T-mac and Stephen A Smith got all butt hurt. I hate that loud fuck.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
It's often the case against Laker players - even moreso than Spurs.

But the reason being is the marquee coverage the teams get and as a result their is more national and higher quality highlights against teams that are good than teams that are bad.

HMMM that makes some sense, but I have to disagree I watch a lot of ESPN and I don't see nearly as many highlights of guys torching the Lakers as the Spurs. I don't mean like highlights of certain games either. I mean like when they were talkin about Trade rumors and players involved almost every player they talked about had highlights against the Spurs.

2Cleva
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
HMMM that makes some sense, but I have to disagree I watch a lot of ESPN and I don't see nearly as many highlights of guys torching the Lakers as the Spurs. I don't mean like highlights of certain games either. I mean like when they were talkin about Trade rumors and players involved almost every player they talked about had highlights against the Spurs.

It's because you're sensitive to the Spurs. I used to think the same thing about the Lakers until I really focused on it.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
It's because you're sensitive to the Spurs. I used to think the same thing about the Lakers until I really focused on it.

Thats true I am but perception is reality.

2Cleva
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats true I am but perception is reality.

Especially for those who wear the nice white jackets with the arms tied in the back.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Especially for those who wear the nice white jackets with the arms tied in the back.

Haha. I know it's a stupid saying we have in the Navy.

Notorious H.O.P.
02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
The Spurs are definitely at the wrong end of most posters and highlights but I think the Spurs are just victims of the Silver and Black. Ok more white than silver. The Spurs uniform, especially the black road uniform, allows the Spurs player to blend into the background while the focus shifts to the poster, picture or video of the player they are trying to highlight.

That is probably also why the few Spurs posters or highlights you see are taken from rim level so the black uniform can stand out against the color of the court.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Interesting.

Galileo
02-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I've never started a thread but this shit pisses me off. Whenever ESPN is talking about players. (Amare, Shaq, Kobe etc.) They always show highlights of them shitting on the Spurs more than any other teams. Does everyone else notice this?? Why do they do that shit?

Great post.

This is yet another example of the Stern/mass media anti-Spurs agenda.

Phenomanul
02-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Like that Kobe commercial.... :rolleyes

"And the crowd chants... Kobe! Kobe! Kobe! Kobe!"

When was the last time Kobe dropped 47 against the Spurs?

mudyez
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
sometimes even the videos on nba.com are straight up ridiculous:

you see a score of the opposing team...cut...spurs up 10...you see a score of the opposing team...cut...spurs up 15....you see a score by the opposing team...cut...boxscore...spurs won by 25 :)

Blake
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I understand that I was just seeing if anyone else had anything constructive to offer.

I was being sarcastic.

Did it dawn on you that ESPN has a lot of highlights of Spurs getting posterized because they are on national TV a lot?

Blake
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Great post.

:lol

conspiracy theorists unite!

Galileo
02-18-2009, 03:22 PM
:lol

conspiracy theorists unite!

Galileo on Radio Live for Two Hours Today!
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117317

silverblackfan
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I notice this too. Probably for the same reason you notice you model of car on the road a lot more after buying it: you are looking for it. It makes me chuckle that it takes a highlight against the Spurs to show that the player is worthy of a commercial. RESPECT.

Spursfan092120
02-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Yeah..I've talked about that before too. Pretty irritating. What's bad is, if you watch it, the commercial of Chris Paul..the one with the little guy on the short bus, it's ALL scrubs. Not a SINGLE starter out there on the court. I'm like..congrats CP3..you just made an assist against a guy who'll be out of silver and black and bagging groceries next year.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Great post.

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Did it dawn on you that ESPN has a lot of highlights of Spurs getting posterized because they are on national TV a lot?

Yah Blake because ESPN only shows highlights of games on National Television. That makes tons of sense. Did it ever dawn on you to think before speaking?? I can be sarcastic too.:nope

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I notice this too. Probably for the same reason you notice you model of car on the road a lot more after buying it: you are looking for it. It makes me chuckle that it takes a highlight against the Spurs to show that the player is worthy of a commercial. RESPECT.

That's an excellent observation. I like the vehicle comparison well played.:toast

Duncan2177
02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Espn is a joke

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Espn is a joke

Yet I'll watch it twelve times a day.

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM

espn is by far the biggest farce on TV. Nobody in their right mind pays any attention to them. All of their so-called sportscasters are nothing more than over-paid Dorks! In their tiny minds there are only 5 cities in America - NY, LA, Chitown, Bawstun, and Miami. That is where they can walk the streets any time of the day or night and find stinky, slutty, scumbag whores that will actually go to a cheap motel with the espn Dorks. None of these Dorks ever stepped on a football field, basketball court or baseball diamond as anything more than athlete wannabe's!

Screw little espn!!! :sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

MateoNeygro
02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
espn is by far the biggest farce on TV. Nobody in their right mind pays any attention to them. All of their so-called sportscasters are nothing more than over-paid Dorks! In their tiny minds there are only 5 cities in America - NY, LA, Chitown, Bawstun, and Miami. That is where they can walk the streets any time of the day or night and find stinky, slutty, scumbag whores that will actually go to a cheap motel with the espn Dorks. None of these Dorks ever stepped on a football field, basketball court or baseball diamond as anything more than athlete wannabe's!

Screw little espn!!! :sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

Calm down big guy. But I can appreciate the passion.

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Calm down big guy. But I can appreciate the passion.

Hey, just having a little fun @ the espn Dorks expense. What's life without some fun, eh!

smrattler
02-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, what's up with that?

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2009, 10:49 PM

actually, thats true. i have noticed and i'm pretty impartial when it comes to this stuff. however, i don't see why it matters either way.

...interesting though.

afireinside20
02-19-2009, 07:18 AM
ESPN sucks!!